PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Hagar admitted that VH was the best in their early years.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I was listening to a Sammy Hagar interview on the radio and Van Halen was brought up. Sammy said the problem with Van Halen was substance abuse. He said Alex cleaned up but Eddie spiraled down. Sammy then said Van Halen was at it's best in it's early years like most bands are. He said by the time he got in the band Eddie's style of playing had been copied so much it no longer was the mind blow it used to be. He said most the songs on 5150 were written for Roth but everything passed that he was involved in writing. He admitted Van Hagar was different because the band was older and had taken a new direction.

Anyways, Sam admitted classic Van Halen had the most fire since the band was at the top of it's game then.

Vinnie Velvet
03-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I was listening to a Sammy Hagar interview on the radio and Van Halen was brought up. Sammy said the problem with Van Halen was substance abuse. He said Alex cleaned up but Eddie spiraled down. Sammy then said Van Halen was at it's best in it's early years like most bands are. He said by the time he got in the band Eddie's style of playing had been copied so much it no longer was the mind blow it used to be. He said most the songs on 5150 were written for Roth but everything passed that he was involved in writing. He admitted Van Hagar was different because the band was older and had taken a new direction.

Anyways, Sam admitted classic Van Halen had the most fire since the band was at the top of it's game then.

Sam really said that??

Ya know, I just think Sambo is trying to side with what's cool these days, that is all.

Van HALEN was always cool but Van Hagar is a thing of the past. Once popular, but not now. I would put Van HAGAR in the same league as WHAM or New Kids on the Block.

A product of its time.

Sarge
03-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Not sure why you were listening to a Sammy interview?
:barf:

So, did he say anything negative about ROTH? Because that seems like his usual plan when he conducts interviews.

Breasts,
Sarge

ELVIS
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I was listening to a Sammy Hagar interview on the radio

That's enough for me...

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Sammy was the smartest member of Van Halen. The guy understands how to make money and keep it. He never moved me as an artist. Sammy never blew my mind like Dave and Eddie did but being a businessman myself I appreciate Sammy's business intelligence. The thing is, Sammy is a rich man and Eddie is an asshole. Frankly I think Sam is passed the whole Van Halen thing. He goes out and performs because he likes to. I hope I'm having that much fun when I'm an old fart like Sam.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Not sure why you were listening to a Sammy interview?
:barf:

So, did he say anything negative about ROTH? Because that seems like his usual plan when he conducts interviews.

Breasts,
Sarge

Sammy just said him and Roth are in two different universes. He said Dave is a rockstar and lives that element. No slams on Dave. Sam said Dave made those wonderful MTV videos and had a successful solo album and was offered a movie deal. Dave was successful on something without Van Halen and wanted to persue that. Then it didn't workout he wanted back in Van Halen but the brothers were pissed and no way in hell did they want to work with Dave. Sam just said it seemed like Dave was tired of the Van Halens and the Van Halens were tired of Dave and it fell apart.

Nitro Express
03-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Sammy said it was Ray Daniels that ruined Van Halen. He said Dave was the boss of that band and then he took the lead from Dave. Sam said Eddie was no leader. He said when Ray Daniels came in he started to manipulate Eddie and make him think he was being ripped off. Ray Daniels actually screwed Ed and Al making himself and equal partner in Van Halen and the Van Halens had to go to court to get Ray out of that deal.

Terry
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
So Hagar is finally coming around to the realizations most people have known for years, eh?

TAKIN WHISKEY
03-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Sarge
03-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

There you go..

Diamondjimi
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Classic!