PDA

View Full Version : VH songs to be played by Satch this year

katie
03-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Guitarist Joe Satriani has issued an update on Chickenfoot, his new super-group also featuring singer Sammy Hagar, bassist Michael Anthony, and drummer Chad Smith.

Joe Satriani has posted this update on Chickenfoot:

“Chickenfoot. Chickenfoot? Chickenfoot! Yes, the band Chickenfoot, featuring Sammy Hagar, Chad Smith, Michael Anthony and yours truly, is about to release its first CD, called ‘Chickenfoot’, of course.

“It was one year ago this last February that we first got together in Vegas for a little jam in front of a few thousand people, and decided to make a go of it. I’m glad we did.

“Thinking back, it seemed kind of crazy to join a new band just as I was about to release (the latest Satriani CD) ‘Professor Satchifunkilus’… and launch its world tour. All the hard work paid off, though.

“Our ‘Live in Paris’ DVD from that tour will be released this year in all its psychedelic glory, and the Chickenfoot CD should be out in about a month or two. As a new band, Chickenfoot will do a few CD-release party gigs in May to kick things off, then it’s off to Europe for a few weeks of summer festivals. We are looking towards a headlining tour in the USA this fall.

“I’m so excited about bringing our new band and music to the stage. The energy this unit puts out is incredible, absolutely amazing. Chickenfoot rocks!”

Check out our exclusive Chickenfoot interview with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony!

Chickenfoot will release their self-titled debut album in either April or May. The first single might be either “Oh, Yeah!” or “Bitten By The Wolf”. The band’s tour in support of the CD will kick off in May, warming up in smaller venues in the USA, followed by a few weeks in Europe during the summer.

Reportedly audiences can expect to hear songs from each of the bandmembers’ careers. With classics from Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some Joe Satriani instrumentals.

link - Classic Rock » Blog Archive » Joe Satriani Issues Chickenfoot Update (http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/joe-satriani-issues-chickenfoot-update/)

http://www.rosshalfin.com/magazines/images/chickenfoot-april09-01.jpg

Top Jimmy
03-17-2009, 01:06 PM
featuring Will Ferrell on drums!

Matt White
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
HEY!!!

YNGWIE is releasing an acoustic cd!!!

BRILLIANT

FORD
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
"Bitten by the Wolf"??

Is this another not-so-subtle Hagar spam-slam at his former bandmates, like "Little White Lie"?

Mr Walker
03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
"Bitten by the Wolf"??

Is this another not-so-subtle Hagar spam-slam at his former bandmates, like "Little White Lie"?

He's such an asshole.

ELVIS
03-17-2009, 03:55 PM
HEY!!!

YNGWIE is releasing an acoustic cd!!!

BRILLIANT

This doesn't sound acoustic to me...

Especially with Ripper Owens on vocals...

Ckick! (http://www.yngwiemalmsteen.com/mp3/Live%20To%20Fight_01.mp3)

:elvis:

ThrillsNSpills
03-17-2009, 04:06 PM
"Bitten by the Wolf"??

look for Face Erase and Found out on the Internet as other potential song titles.

Panamark
03-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Get booted from Van Halen, grab a well know super guitarist
and start a new band. Sound familiar ??

Ahhh Sammy, such an innovator.

OU812, Hagar ?

Seshmeister
03-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow the excitement of hearing Satriani play Dreams is unbearable, how will anyone sleep...

bueno bob
03-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Satriani will play Eddie Van Halen better than Eddie Van Halen can...zero doubt of that. I imagine there'll be one or three classic Van Halen songs in the setlist since Mike is there...they're going to have to bring in a Van Halen audience somehow and 5150 and thereafter alone ain't gonna get the job done...

Yngwie releasing an acoustic CD is a great idea considering the shitfest that Perpetual Flamer was...Ripper lost in the mix, bass entirely too thick, and his fucking tone is virtually unlistenable. What a lost opportunity that album is.

Eh, can't win 'em all. And with Angels of Love, at least I'll have an opportunity to drool over Yngwie's wife on the album cover.

Matt White
03-18-2009, 09:02 AM
HA!!!

"Lost opportunity"...that almost sums up Yngwie's career.....and it s too bad

Mr Walker
03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
featuring Will Ferrell on drums!

LOL!
I wouldn't care if it was John Bonham incarnate... if you cut tracks with Hagar... you are a douche.

Only person who gets a pass is Alice Cooper.

MUSICMANN
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Is it just me or does MA in that pic look like he doesn't want to be there at all. The guy looks like he's about to break down and cry.

Mr Walker
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Is it just me or does MA in that pic look like he doesn't want to be there at all. The guy looks like he's about to break down and cry.

Imagine if you had no options but to follow Hagar around for the rest of your life... I'd slit my wrists.

degüello
03-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Satch looks like he's used to being solo.

He seems barely aware there's other people in the picture with him.

LoungeMachine
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow the excitement of hearing Satriani play Dreams is unbearable, how will anyone sleep...

I'll sleep with ear plugs, in the off chance someone could drive through my neighborhood late at night with this playing on their car stereo.

Odds are staggering, but why take that kind of chance?

:gulp:

chefcraig
03-18-2009, 11:39 AM
I'll sleep with ear plugs, in the off chance someone could drive through my neighborhood late at night with this playing on their car stereo.

Odds are staggering, but why take that kind of chance?

For better or worse, the kids in my neighborhood tend to play rap music of dubious quality on their spare tire rattling stereos. It's actually one of the few things about young people that I'm thankful for, given the impending release date of this album.

LoungeMachine
03-18-2009, 11:50 AM
rap music of dubious quality

As opposed to........?

;)

LoungeMachine
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
This thread is indicitive of katie. She only has 3 kinds of posts.

1] Starting ChickenFuck threads w/ pics in hopes of a reaction

2] Necroposting 5 year ols threads as her 113 alias asking rhetorical questions.

3] Begging for me to be demodded, all the while trying to convince every guy here she's hot, and NOT the dried up old single mom on welfare that she is.

chefcraig
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
As opposed to........?

;)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/24/lastpoetsalbum.png (http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lastpoetsalbum.png)

katie
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
This thread is indicitive of katie. She only has 3 kinds of posts.

1] Starting ChickenFuck threads w/ pics in hopes of a reaction

2] Necroposting 5 year ols threads as her 113 alias asking rhetorical questions.

3] Begging for me to be demodded, all the while trying to convince every guy here she's hot, and NOT the dried up old single mom on welfare that she is.

http://www.13idol.com/images/caine_and_master_po.jpg

I feel your pain grasshopper.

katie
03-18-2009, 07:24 PM

The guy hasn't played bass with serious musicians for years (Hagar’s band doesn’t count) so he probably feels intimidated

1) He aint no Flea is he? 2) Satch is pro master while he is a novice.....

How the hell did Sam get this gig in the first place?

Was Satch getting his porsche fixed as well?

Does Sam drug these people?

What the fuck does Sam bring to the table that makes people like Satch & Chad want to get involved with him?

Douglas T.
03-18-2009, 07:39 PM
How the hell did Sam get this gig in the first place?

I imagine he spent a boat load of his tequilla earnings!

katie
03-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I imagine he spent a boat load of his tequilla earnings!

I wonder if he wears one of his cabo wabo shirts for the album cover.

I remember the Hall Of Fame gig when he wore a VH tee with his pic on, just to remind people who he 'actually' was.

Love Hagar, always makes me laugh.

Douglas T.
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
I suprised they will be allowed to play VH tunes!? I guess it's 50% Van Hagar tho!

lesfunk
03-18-2009, 09:48 PM
That band sucks. Satriani is the most boring, emotionless guitar wanker in the world. Anthony's the best member in that band and that's pathetic. Chad smith is like the 2nd or third best drummer the peppers have had. Hagar? Forget about it.
At least Mikeys the best Bass player VH has had.
Supergroup my ass

Angel
03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
That band sucks. Satriani is the most boring, emotionless guitar wanker in the world. Anthony's the best member in that band and that's pathetic. Chad smith is like the 2nd or third best drummer the peppers have had. Hagar? Forget about it.
At least Mikeys the best Bass player VH has had.
Supergroup my ass

Damn fine post, les!

FORD
03-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe Sobolewski should take over the band then?

Not Chickenfoot

Not Chickenshit

Chicken Wings. And he can use it is a platform to sell his hot sauce.