PDA

View Full Version : Thom Hartmann vs Michael Medved

FORD
03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.chicagoprogressivetalk.com/images/content/debate.jpg

Recorded yesterday, in Chicago. Even though both of these guys are based in the Pacific Northwest, as far as I know........

Listen here (http://www.chicagoprogressivetalk.com/audio/greatdebatepodcast.mp3)

hideyoursheep
03-21-2009, 12:39 AM
That MedHead! He's ripped a page straight from the Hannazi playbook with the "let me answer you with a question" move.

I'll keep listening while I troll around awhile..

FORD
03-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Medved is batshit crazy. I hadn't heard the guy in years. Now I remember why.

hideyoursheep
03-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Medved is batshit crazy. I hadn't heard the guy in years. Now I remember why.

Nah, he don't come off as over the top as our local boy Bill Cuntingham.

That guy's an ASS!

Combat Ready
03-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Hartman just said the Social Security system is fine....Ouch.

Still listening.....

swage33
03-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Who the fuck is Thom Hartman?

FORD
03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Why don't you listen and find out?

swage33
03-21-2009, 11:05 PM
How smart can he be????? He can't even spell 'Tom". I'm sorry, that's my idea of humor and I think its hilarious so don't get pissed.

sadaist
03-22-2009, 01:59 PM
How smart can he be????? He can't even spell 'Tom". I'm sorry, that's my idea of humor and I think its hilarious so don't get pissed.

That is funny.:)

sadaist
03-22-2009, 01:59 PM
The problem with these types of debates...same with O'reilly, Hannity, Matthews, Olbermann...everyone talks over each other and it drives me crazy. It should be more like defense v prosecution and we are the jury. Allotted time, make argument with pertinent facts & information, allow time for counter with facts & information...closing arguments. And for Christs sake, if someone brings up a fact that you didn't know about, say that. You would sound a whole lot smarter just saying "you know, I didn't realize that was the case. I'll have to take that into consideration & possibly rethink my position." But everyone has to be right all the time.

Combat Ready
03-30-2009, 12:55 AM
'Twas a lively debate and thanks to Ford for posting. I can see why one could have a lot of faith in Thom...He's quite the advocate of a liberal point of view. Sharp guy with a quick wit.

Medved covered the party line, good on fiscal stuff, weak on social issues...Pretty typical overall. A worthy adversary though.

A good debate....Need more next time, maybe a Libertarian in the mix?