PDA

View Full Version : Saw the Atomic Punks on Saturday

Hollywood Jesus
05-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Entrance = $10
Pitcher beer = $6
Two hours of real VH = Priceless

Wow! If you ever have a chance to see these guys, do it. This was my second time. A Fraction of Van Hagar tickets for 100 times the entertainment.

All the classics almost spot on. Ralph does a great DLR: voice, look and attitude...even between songs. Awesome bed-side manner. Sold alot of beer. Even had the women onstage dancing.

Guitar was solid if not spectacular. Not even sure who was shredding this time. Had an exclelent Eruption, Cathedral and more solo in the secodn set.

Plus, the Punks went beyond the setlist like I'd imagine Dave and Eddie would have at a 1975 backyard party. It was cool to see how classic VH might have covered Ozzy, AC/DC, Priest, Devo, Pat Benetar... even a little Megadeth and, yup, Backstreet Boys.

And they were having fun! That gets underestimated on these newer (and reunited) bands.

EbDawson
05-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Cool! I'm seeing them the 4th. Guitar player is Russ Parrish. Pretty damn good. I saw Brian Young with them several times and I'd rate him a bit better than Parrish (who's no slouch).

What Megadeth tune did they do? That's neat!

ashstralia
05-24-2004, 09:55 AM
fuck i'd like to live in america.
anyone wanna swap?
(green cards)

Hollywood Jesus
05-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Man, I can't remember the Megadeth song. The house DJ was playing the tune when they hit the stage so the Punks just picked it up. Same with the AC/DC on the other set.

Yeah, Russ is great, but I did prefer Brian Young who was with them the last time I saw them. Both beat the piss outta most guitarists on the radio.

There are videos of the Atomic Punks at www.theatomicpunks.com. Check it out!

Satan
05-24-2004, 05:26 PM
Backdoor boys??

Satan
05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
When are the Punks gonna make it down to Hell? :(

Panamark
05-25-2004, 06:24 AM
I heard Ralph's version of California Girls at the start of a movie, I
cant remember the movie, but fuck I thought it was Dave at first !!

ALMOSTsaved
05-25-2004, 06:42 AM
The movie was "Rock Star", Panamark...and I too, thought it was a demo version of Dave...It was wild.

Panamark
05-25-2004, 08:50 AM
Thats the one! Good Memory AS ! I also thought it must have been a demo or alternative recording, but thought it was Dave for sure... (At first)

EbDawson
05-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Satan
When are the Punks gonna make it down to Hell? :(

They play Sin City pretty much every month!

ALMOSTsaved
05-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah, Panamark. I actually went to see the movie in the theater...and then I left and went directly to Circuit City to buy the soundtrack...but alas, it wasn't on there (I don't think)...So when I bought the DVD I watched the credits...

I was gonna buy that soundtrack for a Dave demo alone!