PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick released

Pennypacker
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Falcons quarterback Mike Vick has been released from prison.

According to WSB-TV, Vick currently is making the trip to Virginia, where he値l serve the rest of his prison term on home confinement.

Vick was supposed to finish his time in federal custody in a halfway house, but due to space limitations he値l get to stay in his home.

Vick is due to be released from federal custody on July 20. At that point, he値l presumably apply for reinstatement to the NFL.

He was sentenced to 23 months after pleading guilty in 2007 to federal conspiracy charges relating to gambling and dogfighting. He also pleaded guilty last year to dogfighting charges under Virginia law, which entailed no additional jail time and which paved the way for his release from prison.

Under federal law, a player can稚 serve the balance of a prison term outside of prison if there are pending criminal charges against him.

Pennypacker
03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/vickinvisiblefence.JPG

Pennypacker
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
The Wednesday morning report from WSB-TV, which blared the headline that Mike Vick is out of jail, technically was accurate.

Falcons quarterback Mike Vick is out of jail. But he’s going back.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Vick is heading to Virginia for a hearing in his bankruptcy case. He’ll be held there in a regional jail.

Per the AJC, Vick is expected to return to Leavenworth, Kansas, and to be released to home confinement on May 20.

Vick has been required by the bankrupty court to appear at next week’s hearing in person, so that the judge can assess Vick’s credibility. (We hope the judge has a polygraph machine handy.) The judge also has required Vick to pay the costs of his trip from Kansas to Virginia

sadaist
03-30-2009, 03:45 AM
Fuck Michael Vick! I hope he never earns another dime. Oh, he'll get his millions back but he doesn't deserve it. I wish him nothing but a miserable life. Fucking piece of shit.

TAKIN WHISKEY
04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Trash!

Pennypacker
04-01-2009, 10:55 PM
Vick to the Broncos!!!

Little Texan
04-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I heard a news report the other day that said Vick has a construction job waiting for him when he gets out of prison.

alexpgrimes
04-04-2009, 09:26 PM
what would be fummy is he he went to cleveland and was accepted by the dawg pound..lol

Pennypacker
04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Vick`s more of a cat person, he`d gladly go to the Panthers. Just imagine the headlines if the Panthers completely destroy the Browns!!!!

Pennypacker
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
New York arena team offers Vick a contract

Michael Vick has a place on a minor league football team if he can get reinstated by the NFL.

The Albany Firebirds, an arenafootball2 franchise, have offered the 28-year-old quarterback a one-year contract at the league standard: $200 a week plus a $50 bonus for a win.

Vick quarterbacked the Atlanta Falcons for six seasons before being convicted of bankrolling an interstate dog fighting business.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not said if he will lift Vick’s suspension after he completes a 23-month prison sentence. Vick goes from federal prison to home confinement next month.

The Firebirds’ contract offer requires that Vick donate $100,000 to a local humane society.

A call to Vick’s agent was not immediately returned.

WARF
04-28-2009, 08:08 PM
The Albany Firebirds, an arenafootball2 franchise, have offered the 28-year-old quarterback a one-year contract at the league standard: $200 a week plus a $50 bonus for a win.

200 a week? 50 for a win?

I heard McDonalds is hiring!!

chefcraig
04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
200 a week? 50 for a win?

I heard McDonalds is hiring!!

Think about it though...the league is in such financial dire straits that it canceled it's 2009 season (http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/afl/news/story?id=3770637). Having Vick would certainly attract some attention.

WARF
04-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Vick to the Broncos!!!

I say put him through a meat grinder.... and can him into PUPPY CHOW!

WARF
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Having Vick would certainly attract some attention.

From what... the humane society?!?!

Fairwrning
05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Michael Vick will be playing in the NFL again..count on it. I just wonder how much shit he is gonna catch while doing the construction helper bit.