PDA

View Full Version : So Obama is suddenly proud of his middle name ??

ELVIS
04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Obama ends Turkish visit with student town hall

April 7, 2009

By MARK S. SMITH (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090407/D97DK5AO0.html)

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/obamaturkey(1).jpg
Barack Hussein Obama and Erdogan in Turkey

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - Barack Obama wrapped up his first foreign trip as president with a request of the world: Look past his nation's stereotypes and flaws. "You will find a partner and a friend in the United States of America," he declared Tuesday.

"The world will be what you make of it," Obama told college students in Turkey's largest city. "You can choose to make new bridges instead of new walls."

Promising a "new chapter in American engagement" with the rest of the world, Obama said the United States needs to be more patient in its dealings. And he said the rest of the world needs a better sense "that change is possible so we don't have to always be stuck with the same arguments."

The students formed a tight circle around the new U.S. president, who slowly paced a sky-blue rug while answering their questions. He promised to end the town hall-style session before the Muslim call to prayer.

Obama rejected "stereotypes" about America, including that it has become selfish and crass. "I'm here to tell you that's not the country I know and not the country I love," the president said. "America, like every other nation, has made mistakes and has its flaws, but for more than two centuries it has strived" to seek a more perfect union.

He repeated his pledge to rebuild relations between the United States and the Muslim world.

"I am personally committed to a new chapter in American engagement," Obama said. "We can't afford to talk past one another and focus only on our differences, or to let the walls of mistrust go up around us."

Obama's message was being warmly received by Arabs and Muslims. In an interview published Tuesday, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem called his words "important" and "positive."

The questions for Obama at the town hall meeting were polite and rarely bracing, though one student asked whether there was any real difference between his White House and the Bush administration. Obama cautioned that while he had great differences with Bush over issues such as Iraq and climate change, it takes time to change a nation as big as the United States.

"Moving the ship of state is a slow process," he said.

The Turkish stop capped an eight-day European trip that senior adviser David Axelrod called "enormously productive" - including an economic crisis summit in London and a NATO conclave in France and Germany.

Axelrod said specific benefits might be a while in coming. "You plant, you cultivate, you harvest," he told reporters. "Over time, the seeds that were planted here are going to be very, very valuable."

Picking up on his consultant's theme later, Obama told the college students he sees nothing wrong with setting his sights high on goals such as mending relations with Iran and eliminating the world of nuclear options - two cornerstone issues of his trip.

"Some people say that maybe I'm being too idealistic," Obama said. "But if we don't try, if we don't reach high, we won't make any progress."

Obama's final day in Turkey also featured a meeting with religious leaders and stops at top tourist sites in this city on the Bosporus that spans Europe and Asia. Accompanied by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, he toured the Hagia Sophia museum and the Blue Mosque.

At the Blue Mosque, just across a square and manicured gardens from Hagia Sophia, the president padded, shoeless like his entire entourage in accordance with religious custom, across the carpeted mosque interior. All around were intricate stained-glass windows and a series of domes, thick columns and walls entirely covered in blue, red and white tile mosaic. Again, he appeared to speak little, as he was schooled in what he was seeing by a guide. He spent about 40 minutes at both places.

At his Istanbul hotel, Obama met with Istanbul's grand mufti and its chief rabbi, as well as Turkey's Armenian patriarch and Syrian Orthodox archbishop.

In many respects, Obama's European trip was a continental listening tour.

He told the G-20 summit in London that global cooperation is the key to ending a crippling recession. And at the NATO summit in France and Germany, he said his new strategy for Afghanistan reflects extensive consultation.

In Ankara, Turkey's capital, Obama told lawmakers their country can help ensure Muslims and the West listen to each other.

:elvis:

ELVIS
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I named this thread the way I did because I heard Obama refer to himself at least three times as "Barack Hussein Obama," but during the election his middle name was off limits...

http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/barack-obama-is-on-fire.jpg

Barack Hussein Obama to save the world !!

Satan
04-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Context is everything. He was speaking to a predominately Muslim crowd in Turkey, delivering a message that the US is NOT fighting a war against Islam. And though Obama himself is not a Muslim, he carries a Muslim name, which came from his father, and has relatives who DO practice that faith.

That makes his name relevant to the speech.

ELVIS
04-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Bullshit!

How stupid do you think we are ??

And you, simply finding a way to justify ANYTHING at ANYTIME!

Obama in my estimation is pro-EU, pro-communism, pro-muslim and anti-American...

Period!

Nickdfresh
04-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Bullshit!

Pretty stupid...;)

ELVIS
04-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I guess so...

LoungeMachine
04-07-2009, 09:00 PM
but during the election his middle name was off limits...

[:

According to whom?, you fucking idiot.....

:gulp:

Seriously, eat a shotgun, will ya?

LoungeMachine
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Bullshit!

:

Me, me, me!!! Call on me!!!!!

I think you're so fucking stupid, as to care what a presidents middle name is, or if a president gets a blow job, but NOT care if a president slaughters a million people to impress his daddy.....

fucking dolt.

kwame k
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Bullshit!

Obama in my estimation is pro-EU, pro-communism, pro-muslim and anti-American...

Period!

You just went through the last 8 years of the most corrupt, morally reprehensible Administrations in American History and you say that about the current President? You're 8 years too late for those comments. Compare Apples to Apples and not the Lunatic Fringe Rhetoric. The accusations you make, could be made more convincingly if you applied them Dubya.

Pro-Muslim? Who the fuck do you think Poppy and Dubya are in bed with and beholden to? Fuck the conspiracy theories and look at the people who belong to the Board of Directors list of the companies that the Bush's belong to or have belonged to, it's mostly a matter of public record.

Satan
04-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Bullshit!

I'm the Devil. It's in my job description. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

swage33
04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Of course he is not going to identify with negativity during the campaign. That should be blindly forgiven for any candidate...the game demands victory, nothing else. I watched him this morning live on Fox news. I watch the news channels every morning and I admit that I may have missed headline news but I did not see his town hall on CNN or MSNBC. He is a very daring public speaker and an effective one. Were he a King it would be a glorious time indeed...but his ideas have to pass through congress before they become law. Again...he has congress and the necessary power to make his ideas law, he needs to exercise it.

thome
04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Me, me, me!!! Call on me!!!!!

I think you're so fucking stupid, as to care what a presidents middle name is, or if a president gets a blow job, but NOT care if a president slaughters a million people to impress his daddy.....

fucking dolt.

How many people would you kill if someone threatened to kill everyone in America, completely destroy Isreal, start a GLOBAL jihad against democracy, against free peoples, and personally, in the press, put a world wide hit on your Daddy...

I know you would kill every mother Fukker who stood in your way..

To save your country and the world and most of all to destroy the peice of shit rat bastards that are trying everyday to kill your Daddy and bring down the future,

That is why we love you most of all Lounge, cause you are a great American

Satan
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
**The preceding post was brought to you by Glaxo-Smith-Kline Pharmaceuticals, as a warning to NOT mix prescriptions without a doctor's approval**

thome
04-07-2009, 11:41 PM
**The preceding post was brought to you by Glaxo-Smith-Kline Pharmaceuticals, as a warning to NOT mix prescriptions without a doctor's approval**

My contract stipulates that I get paid in Demerol.

No you can't have any.

Oh ....an and Lounge. I know you wouldn't care if the preceding post threats were directed at your Daddy, while he was the President of the United States.

That all the threats were just presented so much more clearly to you on, The West Wing TV Show.

Perhaps you could start a thread give it a "stickey" and completely gleen off it, tell us how -Real- it all is and how the show completes your sentences about world terrorism and Presidents who overpower little girls at work and stick cigars inside thier peepees.

ELVIS
04-07-2009, 11:42 PM
BTW, I don't count Bush out of the same things I condem Obama for and some of you know that...

Obama is only continuing the plan that was put in place long ago and really unleashed on 9/11...

I wanted to believe Bush and Blair and so did most of the world for a period of time...

I admitted voting for Bush and later I admitted I was wrong after I learned some truth...

I don't mention Bush much now because he's not the President...

But Obama is the guy to usher in the New World Order whether he lives to see it or not. Either way, it's part of a planned out system that is being forced upon us, first of all by devaluing and stealing the currency of western civilization...

Once the American auto manufacturers are gone, the USA has no way to defend itself and that again is by design...

While the average family is happy going about their daily business and playing with our high tech toys, the rug is being pulled out from under us...

If you chose to look the other way, see ya...

Blaze
04-08-2009, 03:02 AM
My contract stipulates that I get paid in Demerol.

No you can't have any.

Oh ....an and Lounge. I know you wouldn't care if the preceding post threats were directed at your Daddy, while he was the President of the United States.

That all the threats were just presented so much more clearly to you on, The West Wing TV Show.

Perhaps you could start a thread give it a "stickey" and completely gleen off it, tell us how -Real- it all is and how the show completes your sentences about world terrorism and Presidents who overpower little girls at work and stick cigars inside thier peepees.

Please tiddle your wink some other way:pullinghair:

Satan
04-08-2009, 03:06 AM
If you want an embarrassing middle name, look at mine!

Satan The Devil.

What kind of middle name is "The"? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Blaze
04-08-2009, 03:20 AM
BTW, I don't count Bush out of the same things I condem Obama for and some of you know that...

Obama is only continuing the plan that was put in place long ago and really unleashed on 9/11...

I wanted to believe Bush and Blair and so did most of the world for a period of time...

I admitted voting for Bush and later I admitted I was wrong after I learned some truth...

I don't mention Bush much now because he's not the President...

But Obama is the guy to usher in the New World Order whether he lives to see it or not. Either way, it's part of a planned out system that is being forced upon us, first of all by devaluing and stealing the currency of western civilization...

Once the American auto manufacturers are gone, the USA has no way to defend itself and that again is by design...

While the average family is happy going about their daily business and playing with our high tech toys, the rug is being pulled out from under us...

If you chose to look the other way, see ya...

you go on and on about this, I might have to repeat this in another thread, but I might as well get started here.........................................

Let me explain to you why global over sight is needed in the banking industry from first hand experience. (Names have been changed)

And might be one reason you are so very against global over sight......
I wasn't going to discuss this as to keep lazy persons from having ideas...

There is a gentleman that is known to put a down payment on big ticket items and then take it back to his island and simply not pay the balance of his loans. And he also, puts up false contracts or collateral for loans and then simply leaves the country when time to pay. He goes from country to country, sometimes small sometimes large, and frauds. He always simply says take him to court. And depending on who and where he knows how brutal suing him can be. When I encountered him, we were repossessing a motor yacht, he was starting to get old. But there are many others like him. Furthermore, his family also has a history of heavily debited projects defaulting.
That is one reason to have global oversight.
But, if you are against accountability of global markets and global financiers then you are for the secret societies you dream up in your head (or get from entertainment videos)

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 03:33 AM
What are you smoking ??

sadaist
04-08-2009, 04:25 AM
Bullshit!

Period!

Agree 100%.

sadaist
04-08-2009, 04:28 AM
According to whom?, you fucking idiot.....

Seriously, eat a shotgun, will ya?

McCain campaign
Media
Republicans

sadaist
04-08-2009, 04:32 AM
I think you're so fucking stupid, as to care what a presidents middle name is.

It's not that his middle name makes a bit of difference. The issue is that it was off-limits during the campaign, and now that somehow Obama thinks it will help push his agenda it's in full use. This guy is a master of manipulating the sheeple.

hideyoursheep
04-08-2009, 05:35 AM
The real sheeple are the ones who don't bother casting an educated vote, believe everything the talking heads say, and are hung up on Obama's middle name.

sadaist
04-08-2009, 05:42 AM
The real sheeple are the ones who don't bother casting an educated vote, believe everything the talking heads say, and are hung up on Obama's middle name.

So basically 90% of the Obama voters?

Don't tell me they were educated on his positions and didn't listen to the media. Or hung up on the hype, celebrity, his charisma, his empty promises, and his ability to read the fuck out of a teleprompter.

Media Malpractice How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Targeted (http://howobamagotelected.com/)

Nickdfresh
04-08-2009, 05:47 AM

Don't tell me they were educated on his positions and didn't listen to the media. Or hung up on the hype, celebrity, his charisma, his empty promises, and his ability to read the fuck out of a teleprompter.

Media Malpractice How Obama Got Elected and Palin Was Targeted (http://howobamagotelected.com/)

LOL Now quoting crybaby scapegoaters?

sadaist
04-08-2009, 05:57 AM
LOL Now quoting crybaby scapegoaters?

No. Now I am.

hideyoursheep
04-08-2009, 06:00 AM
You're talking out of yo' ass!

I don't need to see a link to some one's theory of how the Repugs got hammered.

1) I speak for me. There's tons of idiots out there who cast blind votes, but I wasn't one of them. It was too easy to choose Obama . There was no competition, and I was sick to death of recycling garbage in Washington...and that's what I filed Hillary under. The Republican strategy was to hang a bullseye on her the day after Bush's 2nd inauguration. They missed their target. There was too much dirt under the fingernails of the GOP for them to vilify anyone for anything and still appear to have any credibility. So Rev. Wright didn't work, Hussein didn't work, the Red Scare didn't work..

2)Read from a teleprompter?

Fuck!

He can READ at least! That's all I need to say about that.

sadaist
04-08-2009, 06:44 AM
You're talking out of yo' ass!

Usually.

bueno bob
04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Bullshit!

What do you think my middle name represents?

Guitar Shark
04-08-2009, 11:44 AM
What do you think my middle name represents?

My middle name is John. I guess ELVIS will assume I pick up prostitutes!

Ironically, ELVIS's middle name is Butch.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2009, 11:51 AM
No. Now I am.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cs4Gj7JsET4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cs4Gj7JsET4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I saw that pandering, opportunist douche on some shit show pushing his shit book and blaming everyone but Republicans like himself for the defeat of McCain-Palin...

He even made the laughable assertion that Palin is somehow going to be a viable candidate for national office someday. She's terrible and a complete retard, and if you blame the "media" for that, then get ready for the GOP to be marginalized, perpetual losers pandering to an ever dwindling base...

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 12:06 PM

:lmao:

Thanks for that.

I've been wanting a new nickname for Elvira.....

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 01:37 PM

No, it's Michael...

Now, get back to your prostitutes...

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
whatever, Butch.

sadaist
04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I saw that pandering, opportunist douche on some shit show pushing his shit book and blaming everyone but Republicans like himself for the defeat of McCain-Palin...

He even made the laughable assertion that Palin is somehow going to be a viable candidate for national office someday. She's terrible and a complete retard, and if you blame the "media" for that, then get ready for the GOP to be marginalized, perpetual losers pandering to an ever dwindling base...

Well, I agree mostly with the parts on the medias (mis)representation of Obama rather than the Palin portions. And since this is an Obama thread, I figured you would take that from it rather than skipping any criticism against him & going straight for Palin.

But since you mentioned it, I'll clarify my position of who I would place blame on.

1) McCain was the wrong guy to be the Republican nominee. From the limited choices that were offered, I would have picked Romney, who I believe would have done exceptionally well towards the closing of the campaign when the financial crisis became issue #1.

2) Palin was the wrong person to be selected for VP. The second she was announced I clearly remember telling my parents "well, Obama just won". I don't like Palin, but I will defend false or hypocritical accusations. I would even defend a lib. Doesn't matter to me. She should have failed based solely on her positions and record, and not her children or clothing.

3) G.W.Bush severely tarnished the Republican reputation. Whether you agree with every decision he made, or hate him with a passion...the manner in which he handled himself, his public relations, and his overall approach was piss poor.

4) The Media had a hard-on for Obama as he could do no wrong and they did not report worthwhile information to assist voters in making their decision. Instead of watching objective news, the media acted like they were interviewing Brad Pitt on the red carpet. I call it the "Erection 'till Election".

5) Uneducated Americans in poverty blindly voting for him by believing that Obama is going to take care of them and fix all of their problems. Voting without knowing is akin to a Senator voting on a multi-billion dollar bill without reading it, or judging a book by it's cover.

So far Obama as a book is all glossy, pretty, and a real eye catcher...but the text inside sucks so far.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Well, I agree mostly with the parts on the medias (mis)representation of Obama rather than the Palin portions. And since this is an Obama thread, I figured you would take that from it rather than skipping any criticism against him & going straight for Palin.

What have they "misrepresented" again?

And I am not bound nor constrained by thread titles as far as whom I offer criticism...

The source of the criticism is a huge Palin apologist though...

But since you mentioned it, I'll clarify my position of who I would place blame on.

1) McCain was the wrong guy to be the Republican nominee.

He was the right guy actually, just in the wrong year...

From the limited choices that were offered, I would have picked Romney, who I believe would have done exceptionally well towards the closing of the campaign when the financial crisis became issue #1.

Romney was your Dark Horse? Really? What special skills did he offer, again? Having a father that made his fortune presiding over a failed, now-defunct US automaker?

2) Palin was the wrong person to be selected for VP. The second she was announced I clearly remember telling my parents "well, Obama just won". I don't like Palin, but I will defend false or hypocritical accusations. I would even defend a lib. Doesn't matter to me. She should have failed based solely on her positions and record, and not her children or clothing.

She failed because she was stupid and had no real positions. And she was a hypocrite as Ms. Family values social conservative because of her record and as leader of a huge welfare state...

She has no credibility on anything...

3) G.W.Bush severely tarnished the Republican reputation. Whether you agree with every decision he made, or hate him with a passion...the manner in which he handled himself, his public relations, and his overall approach was piss poor.

His smug policies were piss poor. He would be forgivable and even endearing if he weren't a silver-spooned, insecure little shit that actually bothered to do his homework...

4) The Media had a hard-on for Obama as he could do no wrong and they did not report worthwhile information to assist voters in making their decision. Instead of watching objective news, the media acted like they were interviewing Brad Pitt on the red carpet. I call it the "Erection 'till Election".

Oh spare me! If Hillary had won, you'd be saying the exact same thing about her! The truth is that Obama ran a "flawless campaign" and was the underdog that overcame the Clinton Goliath, and he did it with little media exposure initially...

And there was a time when MCCAIN WAS THE MEDIA DARLING!!! When he had reporters flying on his "express" with him and nudged and winked at them on how he was duping the idiot, religious and ideological GOP establishment...

He lost it when he sold out and became the GOP establishment and started kicking reporters off his planes for actually publishing negative stories about him - like the fact he might have been fucking a lobbyist/female companion...

5) Uneducated Americans in poverty blindly voting for him by believing that Obama is going to take care of them and fix all of their problems. Voting without knowing is akin to a Senator voting on a multi-billion dollar bill without reading it, or judging a book by it's cover.

LMFAO!! Like you voted for Bush?

So far Obama as a book is all glossy, pretty, and a real eye catcher...but the text inside sucks so far.

Oh fucking Christ? Based on what? What president has had such a catastrophic situation to deal with their first 100 days? Maybe FDR...

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 09:41 PM
The truth is that Obama ran a "flawless campaign" and was the underdog that overcame the Clinton Goliath, and he did it with little media exposure initially...

bueno bob
04-09-2009, 02:35 AM

My middle name is latin. Obviously, I'm conspiring to make America more like ancient Italy.

bueno bob
04-09-2009, 02:37 AM

There really isn't anything funny about it if you were actually paying attention back in early 2007. Hillary Clinton was pretty much the go-to choice for Democrats back then (like it or not), and Barack Obama had very little media exposure initially.

I only heard of him back then because I knew where to look for all prospective candidates. It certainly wasn't because I was directed there. Had I only a remote passing interest on what was happening within the democratic party, as I assume you did at the time, I might have found that notion as funny as you currently do.

Those who know, though...

bueno bob
04-09-2009, 02:57 AM
McCain was the wrong guy to be the Republican nominee.

In 2000, I would have actually been far more satisfied with McCain than Bush. Problem with McCain was that, after 2004 specifically, he became very much a Republican yes-man and lap dog in the eventuality that the nomination would swing his way...which it wasn't going to unless he started following the party line a lot closer than the mavericky way he'd been prior.

In 2008? Fuck yes he was the wrong candidate. "We realize things are fucked up right now, sure - trust me, my friends, what's going to fix it for you is more of the same! Now vote for me and let's keep going in circles! There's gotta be an off ramp somewhere..."

Nah.

2) Palin was the wrong person to be selected for VP. She should have failed based solely on her positions and record, and not her children or clothing.

On the contrary. She was the IDEAL candidate for VP. Hillary's supporters were left feeling out in the cold once Biden was announced over her, and when McCain swooped in with a female candidate, it looked like a very well placed move. Well, for the first two weeks or so. Unfortunately, Palin eventually had to open her mouth and the rest of it was just kinda obvious. People can bitch about character assassination all they like, but Palin's own words on the subject are pretty self evident: "Any publicity, positive or negative, is good publicity as long as your name's out there". I still laugh at her. She's obviously priming herself for a 2012 run and her whole family drama bullshit is literally one step ahead of appearing on Jerry Springer "to settle it once or for all!".

No kidding.

Maybe he could "do no wrong" because he did nothing wrong? To my mind, he ran an almost perfect campaign and was blessed by great luck near and far. McCain and Palin, meanwhile, shot themselves in the foot with every other floundering step they took. The media loved him because McCain and Palin looked like fucking fools by comparison. That's campaigning at it's finest, kid.

5) Uneducated Americans in poverty blindly voting for him by believing that Obama is going to take care of them and fix all of their problems.

Poverty levels? Sure, there's lot of that to be found in the inner city sections of larger levels, and I assume you're attributing that to the overwhelming black/hispanic/other population that lives there. You can't forget, of course, that a whole shitload of the bible belt/red states that voted McCain live in similar squalor, just not in the big city as often. Of course, bigger cities usually offer the better schools. I know of schools in the bible belt (traditionally red states without flaw) that are still teaching that the planet is only 6000 years old and science that proves otherwise is a tool of the devil to make people turn away from the one God.

That shoe fits on both feet, so you have no argument there. No more than I do, anyway. On top of that, I don't think you've actually studied the voting records individually person to person, vote to vote. Not to the degree required to come to any concrete decisions about who's "educated" enough to vote and who's "judging a book by it's cover".

I can make paintbrush statements as well as you can, though.

And this is where it breaks down.

"WAAAAH! Obama's been in office for a few months and the economy's not fixed and America's not totally recovered from the fucking disaster we're in! OBAMA LIED!!!"

Sounds like Rush-think to me.

sadaist
04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Sounds like Rush-think to me.

For clarification, do you mean my thinking is being rushed into a judgment? Or my thinking is in line with Rush Limbaugh? I suppose an argument could be made for both. But only time will tell if Obamas decisions now are going to do what the left predicts or the what the right predicts. (fuck, you got me sounding like a Spammy song)

sadaist
04-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I threw a thanks your way for that post because I enjoy the well thought out point-by-point argument of my original post. Rather than just a lump paragraph that I'm wrong, it makes one think when it's broken down by each argument...even if I don't agree with all of it. You even saved the calling me a whiner until the very last part... ass.:fufu::tongue0011:

Andy Taylor
04-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I couldn't help but laugh. Welcome back, Bush.

Obama to seek $83.4 billion for Iraq, Afghan wars (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090409/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_war_costs)

Guitar Shark
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I couldn't help but laugh. Welcome back, Bush.

Obama to seek $83.4 billion for Iraq, Afghan wars (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090409/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_war_costs)

I'm not sure that I understand your criticism. What would you have him do?

Andy Taylor
04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Declare them as pointless wars and get out of there. The chaos there is in major part from them being there.

What did you ask of Bush back then, being honest?

Guitar Shark
04-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Declare them as pointless wars and get out of there. The chaos there is in major part from them being there.

What did you ask of Bush back then, being honest?

I believe Obama has already done what you asked. He has indicated that troops will be withdrawn by August 2010. It is not the sort of thing that can be done immediately. Now, you may disagree with his timetable, but cutting off funding completely is impossible, and withdrawing immediately would almost certainly cause the region to fall back into chaos. It was a stupid idea for us to go there in the first place, but it would be just as stupid to pull out right now. I think Obama is doing this the right way, but reasonable minds may differ.

Andy Taylor
04-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I think all of the current wars are meaningless so unless he's talking about withdrawing from all three countries I don't find him to be sincere. My view of it is entirely different:

http://i33.tinypic.com/71mpw9.jpg

sadaist
04-09-2009, 07:03 PM
It is not the sort of thing that can be done immediately.

cutting off funding completely is impossible

withdrawing immediately would almost certainly cause the region to fall back into chaos.

2006 no one believed the people who said these very same things.

Blaze
04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
This is boring. My middle name sometimes is JoJo.
I like my middle name and the person I got it from :)

Blaze
04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/-6G7MkBMVxE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/-6G7MkBMVxE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I think all of the current wars are meaningless so unless he's talking about withdrawing from all three countries I don't find him to be sincere. My view of it is entirely different:

http://i33.tinypic.com/71mpw9.jpg

Yes. But when you grow up and actually learn to reason and think about things, you'll realize that 140,000 troops, hundreds of armored fighting vehicles, thousands of trucks, and billion$ in other equipment cannot instantaneously be beamed back to the US and a withdrawal is one of the most difficult things to plan...

But why let facts stop you now?

Nickdfresh
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
2006 no one believed the people who said these very same things.

Like who?

FORD
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OF4LKc-zslo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OF4LKc-zslo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Blaze
04-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Cute! :)

only met her once and made a special trip to meet her.
I wish I had a picture to share.
I cannot describe the picture I visualize.
Thanks you.....
:)

Andy Taylor
04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes. But when you grow up and actually learn to reason and think about things, you'll realize that 140,000 troops, hundreds of armored fighting vehicles, thousands of trucks, and billion$ in other equipment cannot instantaneously be beamed back to the US and a withdrawal is one of the most difficult things to plan...

But why let facts stop you now?

Thanks for the republican arguments of yester year.

But Obama is boosting atleast two of the Bush wars. It's not just Iraq. Go ahead now and yada about how that is a legitimate war. These non right-left wing ears care not.

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Neither mine...

Did he ever mention why we are in Pakastan ??

bueno bob
04-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, to my ears, Obama has more than clearly indicated that we are on a path to Iraq withdrawl. Which is far better than Bush's parting stance of "Iraq's a problem for future generations to solve, but in 100 years, everybody's going to love me."

There is, of course, a right way to go about this and a wrong way to go about withdrawl. A timed removal is the appropriate measure. Consider - Bush went in whooping and hollering about WMDs and liberation of the oppressed and deposed the leader of the country, throwing the governing body into a clusterfuck because, well damnit, they deserved democracy (whether they wanted it or not is kinda irrelevant at this point).

A good portion of the country is still in ruin and the presence of America in Iraq actually ATTRACTED terrorism to the country itself (both local and visiting), which is easily one of the three biggest problems facing Iraq.

Of course, I could pontificate on how the dismissal of the Iraq armed forces from active duty in this endeavor turned them against us and made our job rebuilding about seven times harder than it needed to be, but anybody who knows anything about what's going on there knows this already. You can't swoop into a country and take away one of the best jobs going there (and trust me, being in the Iraq military is one of the ABSOLUTE best careers anybody can have - the U.S. jumps into their country and says "You're no longer needed, go home"? Yeah, that was a brilliant tactical decision...).

Because of that, and because of the trashed state Iraq is currently in (both it's government and as a place for the people who live there), there's no way to just pack our shit up and leave in the middle of the night and say "Y'all done been liberated! See ya!". That's been readily apparent since 2006, if not before. Rebuilding properly and allowing further time for their own government to establish itself is essential at this point, not only to Iraq as a country but as a step towards reestablishing our own reputation worldwide.

The realistic problem of this is that their own government needs to be encouraged to actually BE more democratic and less tyrannical in it's day to day business practices, but that's another story for another post. Point of the matter is, there's two ways to go about doing anything, right and wrong. The wrong's been done already and there's no sense in adding more to that pile.

bueno bob
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the republican arguments of yester year.

But Obama is boosting atleast two of the Bush wars. It's not just Iraq. Go ahead now and yada about how that is a legitimate war. These non right-left wing ears care not.

Nobody's saying it's a "legitimate" war, trust me on that. It's very simple, there's a right way to get out of there and a wrong way. Getting out is the right thing to do, but there's a way to go about that and a way not to.

bueno bob
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
For clarification, do you mean my thinking is being rushed into a judgment? Or my thinking is in line with Rush Limbaugh? I suppose an argument could be made for both. But only time will tell if Obamas decisions now are going to do what the left predicts or the what the right predicts. (fuck, you got me sounding like a Spammy song)

Well, I originally meant as in Limbaugh, but I suppose you're right - both arguments could be made to fit.

Thanks for the thanks, though :)

Andy Taylor
04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Nobody's saying it's a "legitimate" war, trust me on that. It's very simple, there's a right way to get out of there and a wrong way. Getting out is the right thing to do, but there's a way to go about that and a way not to.

I don't mean Iraq, but the other two ones. You're right about not pulling out without some of the mess being cleared up in Iraq.

Dr. Love
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
How dare Obama breach protocol and bow so deeply to he Saudi King. As Stephen Colbert pointed out, the only ways to acceptably show respect for the King and through smooches and holding hands.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_I3Q1kT0tz2A/Sbb7CR-P0tI/AAAAAAAAC1k/wWR9ykZtmcA/s400/bush+saudi+king+3.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l176/musiclover1992/BushSaudiKing.jpg

Perfectly normal.

http://sharprightturn.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/obama-bows-to-saudi-king.jpg

Disgusting.

Discus.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/p5/20080518/19/1283725674.jpg

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Distrust.

http://slapblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/obama-gaddafi-.jpg

Seshmeister
03-30-2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.teflontony.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/blair_gaddafi-300x215.jpg

That twat Blair actually started training the Libyan special forces in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8353501/Libya-Tony-Blair-agreed-to-train-Gaddafis-special-forces-in-deal-in-the-desert.html

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Strange bedfellows for sure...

Seshmeister
03-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Both lunatics.

They need to replace Blair as UN Middle East Peace Envoy while some of it still isn't on fire.

knuckleboner
03-30-2011, 07:46 PM

Seshmeister
03-30-2011, 08:40 PM
How dare Obama breach protocol and bow so deeply to he Saudi King. As Stephen Colbert pointed out, the only ways to acceptably show respect for the King and through smooches and holding hands.

How come the US president has to do something which is against his culture when without the US the Saudi dictator would be gone in a year?

He should have a stripper with her period offer him a ham pizza not prostrate himself or hold his hand like a scientologist air steward.

ELVIS
03-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree...