PDA

View Full Version : China Plans Universal Healthcare

LoungeMachine
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
April 8, 2009

China plans to bring basic healthcare to all

Jane Macartney in Beijing

Healthcare is the No.1 concern among Chinese, ranking above security, education and even employment. Now the Government has unveiled a 10-year plan aimed at bringing affordable medical services to even the poorest farmer and calming rising public anger.

The plan has been several years in the drafting and full details have yet to be made public. However, the Government says it will invest 850 billion yuan (£85 billion) between 2009 and 2011 to bring equitable healthcare to 90 per cent of China’s 1.3 billion people.

A government document said: “By 2020, China will have a basic healthcare system that can provide safe, effective, convenient and affordable health services to urban and rural residents. The core principle of the reform is to provide basic health care as a 'public service' to the people, which requires much more government funding and supervision."

The goal seems to be to eradicate a system in which only the rich, city residents or those employed by government organisations had any hope of access to affordable medical services. China’s 700 million or so farmers often chose to stay at home to die rather than to bankrupt their family with huge hospital bills.

Long gone are the days of the Maoist cradle-to-grave welfare system under which housing, health care, jobs and even winter cabbage supplies were provided for free. The Communist Party began the swift dismantling of that system with the introduction of market-oriented economic reforms in the 1980s. But many people got left behind.

In the absence of a social safety net, Chinese save a huge proportion of their income to ensure they have a nest egg in case of sickness. That trend has made it difficult for the Government to encourage more consumer spending to help to revive the economy since last year's sudden downturn.

A searing indictment of the medical system published by a government think-tank in 2005 served as a wake-up call to the leadership of the risks of ignoring healthcare. The report branded the system a failure and warned of severe public criticism of the Government if it did not act.

People were horrified by one tale of a three-year-old boy scalded by boiling water in an accident at his home and who died of his injuries after his parents were turned away from one hospital because they could not afford a £1,500 deposit demanded by doctors.

Under the new plan, the authorities will build 2,000 county hospitals and 5,000 township clinics in rural areas in the next three years. Pilot health insurance schemes already extended to many farmers will be increased. That subsidy will be increased by 50 per cent to 120 yuan (£12) per person per year. The country will set up a national database and, from this year, anyone over 65 and children under three will be eligible for regular free checkups.

Hospitals and clinics in the poor countryside and less developed cities will be improved and the price of essential medicines will be capped. Disease prevention and control, maternal health, mental health and first aid services will also receive greater attention.

China has long struggled to extend some type of universal coverage, but funding such a vast system has been a persistent problem. At present, insurance is mainly provided to working-age urban residents, often through their employers or government agencies. The new reforms envision diversified medical insurance systems to give coverage to employees in the private sector, non-working urbanites and residents of the poor countryside.

Limiting the cost of medicines could make a huge difference to patients, for whom these charges are among the most widespread abuses. One editorial in the state-run China Daily said: “The Government's good intention could be just wishful thinking if no specific measures were taken to break the nexus between representatives of medicine manufacturers and doctors or between hospitals and manufacturers. It is an open secret that some doctors get kickbacks from drug manufacturers for prescribing their drugs.

China plans to bring basic healthcare to all - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6056121.ece)

Big Train
04-07-2009, 11:23 PM
We are running behind them also on:

Horrible Human rights
Pollution
Quality of life

All of ours are still WAY to high to compete with China.

Satan
04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
So much for the right wing myth that universal health care wouldn't work in the US because "were a lot bigger country than the UK or Sweden or Cuba or whatever".

Wonder how the FAUXsheep are gonna spin this into wool?

Big Train
04-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, nobody has said or seen what this universal healthcare will actually look like, so it's a bit premature for that statement.

ELVIS
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
How many forced female abortions does the US perform compared to China ??

thome
04-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I guess all that free enterprise health care for the last 7000 years has left all the chinese extinct.

Thank Gad zukkers for Lounge and his dum dum baby brain comments.

Can a communist country survive -without- universal health care? Would probably have better talking points.

Take the last dime out of thier hands and put the control with the central government.

All Lounge talks about is the stupidy of the American System, but his only answers are to give the system control of everything.And then how wonderfull it all will be in Loungetopia.

Perhaps there is a -West Wing Episode- that can help him make a better comment.

Martin Sheen KNOWS!!!! anyone have his addy??? last I saw of him he was walking down a blvd in LA with a 12ft long wooden cross over his shoulder.

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Lmao!

Kristy
04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
They're going to need it when their cancer rate soars in the next 20 years.

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
The cancer rate is doing the same thing right here...

Andy Taylor
04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
We are running behind them also on:

Horrible Human rights

Not if you include the "human rights" meted out to non-US citizens.

Big Train
04-08-2009, 12:41 AM
ok, Human Rights per capita...based on sheer numbers, they got us beat.

Guitar Shark
04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I suddenly have a hankering for some Chinese food.

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I suddenly have a hankering for some Chinese food.

Hit the Wah Kue before they close their doors, counselor.

Some of the best Chinese in the area!

:gulp:

I'm amazed at how conditioned we are as Americans to just accept the fact you health and well being are tied to your class, not your citizenship.

Imagine if every American was afforded the SAME healthcare we GIVE our Congressmen.......

Guitar Shark
04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
In all seriousness, there was a really good program about the US health care system on Frontline within the last month. Check it out.

Nitro Express
04-08-2009, 02:14 PM
I go to China all the time. It's far from being the paradise many people think it is. In fact, the people there are starting to riot from the shitty factory jobs they have to work in and their exports are way down. If dumb, fat, and unhappy USA can't buy their shit, they don't sell their shit and it hurts them too.

China is the only place where you can cut the breathable air with a knife and eat a piece. Horrible pollution!

Nitro Express
04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Healthcare costs in the US started to go up when the govt. got involved in it by passing Medicare and Medicade. They doctors had to pay into it and they jacked the prices because their costs went up. Add in people abusing their insurance and insurance companies using that as an excuse to jack up premiums. Then add in big pharmacutical companies and ambulence chasing attorneys and you have sky high medical costs.

All universal health care does is it lowers the quality of the health care and takes away your individual choices as a patient. My sister almost died waiting for care in the UK. All my relatives in Canada come here to the US for their operations because they don't want to wait around and they want to choose their doctor.

Nitro Express
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
The US healthcare system started to go to shit when Kennedy got shot in the head and ol' Lindon Johnson came in with his Great Catastrophe plan. The same political ilk sell the same ol' shit today and people are dumb enough to buy into it.

Hell. The Soviet Union had universal healthcare. Gee. We can have the govt. provide everything. Too bad that system went down.

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Not to derail the thread, but what area would that be?

Seattle.

Nitro Express
04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
China had a great opportunity to build modern cities based on state of the art public transportation. What did they do? They tore down old Bejing which of course what lost in the stone age and needed an upgrade but built another Los Angeles. It's a city full of traffic jams. Try riding a bike there. You will get your ass ran over. China has copied many of America's mistakes. They in many ways want to be us believe it or not.

Nitro Express
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Chinese medicine is eating some ground up sea horses and ginseng root. Having a large set of Ben Wa balls inserted in your ass and then laying on a vibrating bed. Then you masturbate and have a cup of Oolong tea to clear your body of toxins.

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 02:31 PM
The US healthcare system started to go to shit when Kennedy got shot in the head and ol' Lindon Johnson came in with his Great Catastrophe plan. The same political ilk sell the same ol' shit today and people are dumb enough to buy into it.

Hell. The Soviet Union had universal healthcare. Gee. We can have the govt. provide everything. Too bad that system went down.

We're not talking about FREE, but "affordable" here...

Why are we happy with OUR system that allows a middleman [insurance companies] to siphon off billions in profits, using them to BUY our congress, and then DENY benefits whenever they see fit?

GET THE FUCK OFF THE ANTI-COMMUNIST RHETORIC AND WAKE UP PEOPLE.

We're being bled dry by the healthcare insurance lobby, and daring to point fingers and snicker at other countries' systems? :rolleyes:

what the fuck ever.

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Why do you think the government should should be leading the way in how to manage US healthcare ??

Guitar Shark
04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Why do you think the government should should be leading the way in how to manage US healthcare ??

Watch the Frontline episode and decide for yourself.

Basically, the US is the ONLY developed country in the world which has NOT done so.

Satan
04-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Corporations exist for one reason - to make money. Therefore corporate healthcare is about what is most profitable, not about curing, let alone preventing illness.

Take the profit motive out of it, you can do what's best for the patient, not what's best for the CEO's bank account.

The irony that I have to explain this to a nurse is overwhelming, BTW.

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 03:40 PM

But you're okay with it for our Vets?

Nice double standard.

I dont see you crying for the VA to be privitized.

hypocrite

Guitar Shark
04-08-2009, 03:41 PM

ok, that was funny :D

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Much like his "Christianity", I've yet to witness any evidence he's a nurse, either.

Butch Ratchett, maybe....

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Watch the Frontline episode and decide for yourself.

Basically, the US is the ONLY developed country in the world which has NOT done so.

And only because our Congress is bought and paid for by the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies

Abolish lobbyists and it would change overnight.

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
You idiots are fools as well!

And a counselor...i'm appalled...

The government isn't interested in doing in what's in our best interest, especially medically...

In Europe I believe, vitamins and supplements are precription medication, not OTC as they are here...

The only real control we have in healthcare is learning and taking care of ourselves...

Put the government in control and our ability to do just that will diminish...

Nobody is gonna tell me what medication or what vaccines to take!

These new medications are dangerous and life threatening, period!

:elvis:

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
And only because our Congress is bought and paid for by the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies

Abolish lobbyists and it would change overnight.

How ???

They will still be in bed together, even more so!

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
How many forced female abortions does the US perform compared to China ??

Too few. :)

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Haha Sesh...

And don't you guys think just for a split second that hey, maybe ELVIS has seen our healthcare system from the inside for quite a few years, that maybe he might know something ???

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 03:58 PM
In Europe I believe, vitamins and supplements are precription medication, not OTC as they are here...

You believe wrongly.

In some countries like Spain antibiotics are OTC but this is of course a bad thing as it means that people take them when they don't need to leading to bugs becoming resistant to them.

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Haha Sesh...

And don't you guys think just for a split second that hey, maybe ELVIS has seen our healthcare system from the inside for quite a few years, that maybe he might know something ???

Not when you come out with insane bullshit like vaccinations are bad.

It does makes me think there are some serious weaknesses in staff training in the US healthcare system... :)

Satan
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Haha Sesh...

And yet you can't understand why the profit motivation of a corporatist healthcare system is a bad thing?

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 04:23 PM
You think profit in anything is a bad thing, so shut the fuck up!

Satan
04-08-2009, 04:31 PM

I'm the Devil. I invented greed and capitalism. It always benefits me. But it doesn't benefit you mortals very much.

Now back to the relevant question, Nurse Butch.......

Should healthcare be about preventing illness, and failing that, treating it. Or should it be about making Bill the Catbutcher Frist and the insurance company goons richer?

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Not when you come out with insane bullshit like vaccinations are bad.

They ARE!

When vaccines contain posions like the mercury based ingredient Thimerosal (Thimerosal, look it up along with autism),Thimerosal is the mercury-based preservative that has been linked to the epidemic of neurological disorders including speech delays, language delays, hyperactivity, attention-deficit disorder, and autism in American children born after 1989...

Poison Vaccines and The LA Sugar House Incident

By Brian E. Orger

February 21, 2001

.......there are records of the Union army committing mass murder against whites & blacks that were on a massive scale. One such incident took place in the winter and spring of 1863 in St. Mary parish, Louisiana.

In the archives of Louisiana, and in the book "The Conduct of Federal Troops in Louisiana ...", edited by David C. Edmonds, can be found first-hand reports of the Yankee army trying to "poison" innocent men, women, and children. The following is a letter written by one Dr. Sabatier for a report of the Yankee conduct; a report that was requested by the governor of Louisiana. (Pg. 91 - 92).

"... when the small-pox broke out among the Federal troops, then occupying New Iberia, it was impossible in our vicinity to procure the smallest portion of vaccine matter... I used my best exertions to procure some vaccine from the Federal physicians in New Iberia, and through one of my confreres succeeded in getting a few points loaded with vaccine, which I immediately inoculated to my own children."

Dr. Sabatier goes on to say how his children suffered more form the vaccine than from small pox. In fact, he states, "A few days after the operation, one of my poor little baby's arms was horribly swollen and inflamed, and on the second day appeared a pustule which had nothing of the appearance of vaccine..." Unfortunately for Dr. Sabatier many children died including his own. I sent a copy of this report to several doctors at Ochsner hospital in New Orleans, and their report back to me was that this "vaccine" was made to kill. The governor's report goes on to state that over "two thousand perished in six weeks." They died because of a poison passed off as a vaccine.

..... In the summer of 1863 another civilian doctor by the name of George Hill witnessed the Union army occupy what is today called Morgan City, at that time called Brasher. An event took place here, the likes of which would not be seen again until Hitler and the Nazis started their "final solution."

Dr. Hill was reported as being "a distinguished physician and surgeon of Opelousas." But all his years as a doctor did not prepare him for what he saw.

"In the summer of 1863, Berwick's Bay and a portion of the Lafourche country were taken possession of by the Confederate army. I, with many others who had lost property by the raid which the Federal army made between the 20th of April and the 20th of May of this year, visited the Bay for the purpose of recovering our property. I was among the first to cross the bay; and having been informed on the night of my arrival by a gentleman named March that several of my lost Negroes were at the sugar house of Dr. Sanders (Henry Sanders), and that others were there in a dying condition, I [left] in the morning [for the] sugar house of Dr. S. and entered it by a door in the west end.

[Original sentence says: I, in the morning as soon as sugar house of Dr. S. and entered it by a door in the west end.] -ed

"The scene which then and there presented itself can never be effaced from my memory. On the right hand, female corpses in a state of nudity, and also in a far advanced stage of decomposition. Many others were lying all over the floor, many speechless and in a dying condition.

"All appeared to have died of the same disease : bloody flux. The floor was slippery with blood, mucus and feces. The dying, and all those unable to help themselves, were lying with their scanty garments rolled around their heads and breasts - the lower part of the body naked - and every time an involuntary discharge of blood and feces, combined with air, would pass, making a slight noise, clouds of flies, such as I never saw before, would immediately rise and settle down again on all the exposed parts of the dying. In passing through the house a cold chill shook my frame, from which I did not recover for several months, and, indeed, it came near costing my life.

"As I passed from the house I met with a Negro man of my own, who informed me that he had lost his wife and two children. I asked him if his friends - the Yankees - had not furnished him with medicine. He said, 'No, and if they had, I would not have given it to my family as all who took their medicine died in twelve hours from the time of its being given."

This "deposition" ends with the remark that it was shown to Dr. Sanders, who was then a member of the Louisiana House of Representatives. Dr. Sanders knew of the incident and was recorded as saying, "Before the arrival of Dr. Hill, he had caused many decomposed bodies that filled the coolers to be removed and interred... A hundred others would, if necessary, add their testimony to that of these gentlemen."

This event has become known as the Sugar House Incident, or the Sugar House Murders and the house in which it occurred has been located by myself and a few others. Our next step is to have the area scanned by infrared imaging to locate the mass graves that should be in the area.

More to come!

Satan
04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
And once again it falls upon the Devil to educate the so-called healthcare professional......

Surely Nurse Presley is aware that ANY vaccination includes a small quantity of the pathogen itself, which is how it allows the body to build immunities to that pathogen?

So if massive sickness occured due to vaccination, could it be an error in making the vaccine, or perhaps improper handling after the fact.... i.e. the pathogen within the vaccine replicating itself because it was stored at improper temperatures. A scenario that would have been likely during the civil war where refrigeration as you mortals now know it didn't really exist yet.

Not to say that pharmaceutical companies are blameless, or that governments aren't capable of biological warfare (i.e. smallpox infected blankets given to Native Americans) but in this situation, isn't an unintended outcome just as plausible?

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Haha Sesh...

no.

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
They ARE!

When vaccines contain posions like the mercury based ingredient Thimerosal (Thimerosal, look it up along with autism),Thimerosal is the mercury-based preservative that has been linked to the epidemic of neurological disorders including speech delays, language delays, hyperactivity, attention-deficit disorder, and autism in American children born after 1989...

Not scientifically. There is no strong evidence whatsoever and in any case the things you are vaccinating against are a million times more likely to cause harm. There have been a thousand studies done on this and links to autism.

And what was all that bullshit about a faulty vaccine from 140 years ago? WTF has that to do with anything?

You obviously don't work in this area or you would know better but it's still a worry that people may listen to you as a nurse. You need to go and research this and realize your mistake before you cause harm to someones child through giving their parent completely wrong advice.

Try http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaccine/Thimerosal.htm

Cheers

LoungeMachine
04-08-2009, 05:44 PM

I'm so tired of you telling everyone here to shut the fuck up.

It's a public message board, you fucking dolt.

The only one you're allowed to tell STFU to is Steve Savicki

Blaze
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM

The government isn't interested in doing in what's in our best interest, especially medically...

The only real control we have in healthcare is learning and taking care of ourselves...

vitamins should be sold OTC and as prescription. I do not trust the OTC vitamins. I think the oversight sucks on OTC "health supplements"

P.s. This post of yours reeks of off character.~:tongue0011:

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
For the vast majority of people taking vitamins is just a pointless waste of money anyway. You shouldn't bother unless you have a clinically diagnosed deficiency.

Blaze
04-08-2009, 06:02 PM
:(
Maybe,
If there was profit in vitamins like new meds development, more ills would be solved with vitamins and food sources.

Satan
04-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Maybe if the food supply wasn't polluted with genetically modified Monsanto mutations, people could get vitamins from food, and not need them as supplements?

Blaze
04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
This is true too. the quality of food coming from mass production is that of mass production. But that is such it is. Calories are needed, so are vitamins. And the vitamins from OTC have little to no standards. -_-

Nickdfresh
04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
ok, Human Rights per capita...based on sheer numbers, they got us beat.

Some people might call access to proper health care to be a human right...

Nickdfresh
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Of course not, major corporations, compassionate and eminently benevolent, are only driven by the notion of our "best interests"...

Um, actually I was under the impression that they have less restrictions over there (for the most part, since "Europe" isn't yet one country)...

I agree that's where it starts...

Right, we should have drug companies that scramble to spend billion$ selling us erectile dysfunction drugs while they don't bother to R&D new antibiotics against super-germs. Because of course, there's not profit in antibiotics silly!

kwame k
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe if the food supply wasn't polluted with genetically modified Monsanto mutations, people could get vitamins from food, and not need them as supplements?

You hit the nail on the head, Your Unholiness. When I was growing up, living in a small town and my parents owning a Mom and Pop grocery store, a majority of our fresh food was produce locally. Meat, Poultry and Produce were, by today's standards grown organically. People thought I was crazy when we moved to the Metro-Detroit area and I complained that the food didn't taste right, especially meat and vegetables. Only years later did I realize that the food tasted different because it was full of fucking chemicals and shit. I love buying organic food but the fucking cost makes it prohibitive. Example, I spent $200.00 bucks at the store last Thursday and bought mostly organic stuff. I didn't get shit and by early next week I'll have to go shopping again.

Seshmeister
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
That's just stuff left over from when Britain was running Hong Kong.

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zJrkPJXAh0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zJrkPJXAh0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Find the rest yourself...

ELVIS
04-08-2009, 11:56 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f74xvtRijMc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f74xvtRijMc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

FORD
04-09-2009, 12:15 AM
So why weren't you critical of vaccines and drug companies when their lobbyists and former CEO's occupied nearly every office in the BCE cabinet? :confused12:

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 12:33 AM
I was...

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 12:35 AM
You people need to drop the left / right bullshit and see whats going on!

Obama is nothing more than the new star quarterback for the same team...

LoungeMachine
04-09-2009, 03:35 AM

:

:rofl:

I love you Neo-Con Shitbag Bush Apologist RePukes who wake up after a thumping, look around and suddenly proclaim yourselves centrists against both parties.

Nice one, Butch.

hideyoursheep
04-09-2009, 03:52 AM

If only you would have done that in '00 and '04.

hideyoursheep
04-09-2009, 03:56 AM
All universal health care does is it lowers the quality of the health care and takes away your individual choices as a patient. My sister almost died waiting for care in the UK. All my relatives in Canada come here to the US for their operations because they don't want to wait around and they want to choose their doctor.
Your relatives in Canada pay cash?

That's odd...Most of America can't choose their doctor. Their insurance company does!!! WTF?

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 06:23 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zJrkPJXAh0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zJrkPJXAh0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Find the rest yourself...

It's fucking laughable you put this quack up against the whole of the medical establishment and claim he is right and all the professors and experts are wrong.

He's barely a fucking doctor who runs a little alternative to medicine clinic. Did you check his CV?

http://www.drbuttar.com/upload/CV%20DRBUTTAR%20-%20CV%20c(1).pdf

THERE IS NO LINK BETWEEN VACCINES AND AUTISM.

There was one piece of flawed research involving just 8 or 10 patients which has been completely debunked time and time again.

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 06:27 AM

I can't speak for Canada but in the UK you can go private at any time if you want and pay for shit, choose your doctor and hospital or whatever just like the US. You can also pay for this using private healthcare insurance which is available if you want.

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 06:33 AM
in the UK you can go private at any time if you want and pay for shit

That's exactly what we don't want here...:)

And there IS a link between vaccines and Autism as well as many many diseases including cancer...

It's like you don't fucking believe anything anymore...

Obama, the other day basically said that there's a terrorist attack likely to occur in your region of the world soon...

Do you believe that ??

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 06:34 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f74xvtRijMc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f74xvtRijMc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

What a stupid old man.

Nearly as stupid as the person asking a fucking politician if you should give your child a vaccine. Or the one from Baywatch with the big tits.

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 06:40 AM
That's exactly what we don't want here...:)

And there IS a link between vaccines and Autism as well as many many diseases including cancer...

It's like you don't fucking believe anything anymore...

I believe that the vaccine link is false because that is what the scientific research says. Countless pieces of research including a huge study in Finland.

This has to be one of the most tested, checked, double checked, triple checked issues in medical research in the last few years and you should really know better.

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Thimerosal Vaccine Proved Safe (http://www.enews20.com/news_Thimerosal_Vaccine_Proved_Safe_05541.html)

Thimerosal Vaccine Proved Safe
By Sophia Keenan
14:13, January 31st 2008

Thimerosal Vaccine Proved Safe

A new study that sustains the idea that autism does not develop in children vaccinated with thimerosal vaccines, due to be published in the February issue of Pediatrics, was released earlier on Wednesday, to put an end to the controversies surrounding the new ABC drama “Eli Stone”.

The opening episode of the series features a lawyer who manages to win a million-dollar case for a mother whose child developed autism pursuant to receiving a vaccine.

The vaccine in question contains thimerosal, a preservative made with mercury.

According to the Associated Press, the study was funded by the U. S. and examines the blood samples collected from 216 healthy babies from R. Gutierrez Children's Hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina, which were collected before and after vaccination with the preservative thimerosal. The tests found that mercury levels in the blood were highest shortly after the vaccination, and after a few weeks the level of mercury lowered, said Dr. Michael Pichichero of the University of Rochester in Rochester, N.Y., co-author of the study.

"The amount found in the blood was about one-tenth of that predicted in that the late 1990s and the length of time it stays in the blood is one-tenth of that predicted," Pichichero said.

The stools samples collected from babies contained the highest mercury level after vaccination, but lowered more slowly than blood levels. The mercury level in urine samples was not significant.

Dr. Pichichero added: "The study supports the decision by the World Health Organization to continue to permit thimerosal to remain in vaccines for the world's children." He also recommended the thimerosal vaccine for being cheaper to produce and more accessible.

The director of the University of Pittsburgh's Center for Excellence in Autism Research, Dr. Minshew, gave a one hundred percent assurance to the American people that autism is not caused by vaccination, and strongly advised parents to have their children vaccinated. She also mentioned that this recent theory against vaccination may endanger children’s lives, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

The strongest evidence is that although thimerosal has been banned from most child vaccines in 2001, the cases of autism in children have continued to appear. "The weight of the evidence is so great that I don't think there is any room for dispute. I think the issue is done," said Dr. Minshew, who runs one of nine top autism research centers funded by the National Institutes of Health.

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Obama, the other day basically said that there's a terrorist attack likely to occur in your region of the world soon...

Do you believe that ??

Yeah but so fucking what?

I don't spend every minute of the day shitting myself about it or saying my government should torture people at random or drop bombs on other people just in case they might hit a bogeyman.

Every few years a terrorist will kill a few people, it sucks but statistically it's irrelevant. In 2001 more people died in road accidents in New York state than from terrorism.

On average here more people die each year from not taking vaccines than terrorists and we don't even have fuckwits like Ron Paul...

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 07:08 AM
A bit pissy in yer old age, eh ??

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 07:26 AM
"The amount found in the blood was about one-tenth of that predicted in that the late 1990s and the length of time it stays in the blood is one-tenth of that predicted," Pichichero said.

The stools samples collected from babies contained the highest mercury level after vaccination, but lowered more slowly than blood levels. The mercury level in urine samples was not significant.

That doesn't really matter as it's still poisonous to humans...

The reason the mercury levels in urine was not significant is because the liver can't metabolize it well at all. Some people's, or baby's systems handle it better than others and can slowly get rid of it, some cannot.

But the truth is the CDC's own data shows that 800,000 people each year have vaccine-induced injuries in the US alone...

Look up Tanox Biosystems and Gulf War Syndrome or even autoimmune diseases...

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 07:40 AM
A bit pissy in yer old age, eh ??

Yes.

Because of ignorance and people playing politics with science then some children are now dying needlessly of measles and that makes me annoyed.

Seshmeister
04-09-2009, 08:05 AM
But the truth is the CDC's own data shows that 800,000 people each year have vaccine-induced injuries in the US alone...

No it doesn't and throwing these silly numbers around with no definition is meaningless.

Vaccines: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System Injury Database (VAERS) (http://www.healing-arts.org/children/vaccines/vaccines-database.htm)

It's actually 11 000 a year and most of them are complete non events. A little itch or whatever. 1700 a year are serious which is still important and something that needs to be kept on top of but that's something like 5 cases per million vaccines.

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 12:40 PM
This is from the link you posted...

Like the material used to produce experimental allergic encephalitis, vaccines contain substances which qualify as "adjuvants." These substances initiate reactionary antibody formation. Common adjuvants used in vaccines are aluminum hydroxide and aluminum potassium sulfate. In the body, formalin coating around the injected material dissolves, releasing all bacterial and viral particles from animal culture sources. Substances such as thimerosal and these other adjuvant chemicals irritate body tissues and increase the action of accompanying bacteria and viruses, as well as the reaction of the immune system to the foreign protein antigens, potentially damaging neurological membranes where the myelin sheath has only partially protected the nervous system. This can result in mild to severe neurological damage, leading to learning disabilities and other nervous system disorders, or death, especially upon subsequent injections, since body has already been sensitized, promoting allergic reactions of increasingly severe nature.

That's after two minutes of reading on the huge website you posted...

Blaze
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
what is experimental allergic encephalitis?

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 01:18 PM
An autoimmune disease that can be induced experimentally by the injection of an adjuvant...

Blaze
04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
What does experimentally mean in context?

ELVIS
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
The same thing "practicing medicine" does...

All drugs and vaccines etc. are experimental in their early forms and in their introduction, and can last for many years...

Nitro Express
04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Your relatives in Canada pay cash?

That's odd...Most of America can't choose their doctor. Their insurance company does!!! WTF?

Sometimes they do pay cash and not all insurance policies are suck ass no choice ones. I got a $300 discount on a CPAP machine because I paid cash. I usually pay for my routine doctor visits in cash.

hideyoursheep
04-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, that's you, not the majority of America.

BTW, I'm not sitting down trying to itemize every bill I get for $60 tongue depressors...'cause if I did have to pay cash for that, somebody's gonna fight.