PDA

View Full Version : Mother 'bent on' murder-suicide of son at shooting range

Pennypacker
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
By The Associated Press
http://d.yimg.com/bg/p/090408/capress/i123920784010822476021.jpg?x=180&y=135&sig=O0ZAio9bU0H1FXsr9BDKrA--

CASSELBERRY, Fla. - A central Florida woman who fatally shot her son then killed herself at a shooting range wrote in suicide notes to her boyfriend that she was trying to save her son.

"I'm so sorry," Marie Moore wrote several times. "I had to send my son to heaven and myself to Hell." She signed two of the notes "Failed Queen."

Authorities said Wednesday they still had no motive for the murder-suicide that shocked fellow customers and employees at the Shoot Straight range in Casselberry, 15 kilometres north of Orlando, on Sunday.

"We have no clue. I don't even want to begin to speculate," said Deputy Chief Bill McNeil of the Casselberry Police Department.

The gun range's security video shows 20-year-old Mitchell Moore taking aim at a target in a booth when his mother, 44, walks up behind him and points a gun at the back of his head. In the next frame, the son is seen falling to the ground and a nearby patron appears to alert others as he points to the unseen carnage.

The gun used was rented at the range.

According to a police report, earlier footage from the surveillance video shows the mother and son taking turns shooting and talking with other customers in the adjacent lane. "They seem to be getting along fine," one of the responding officers said.

The son died at the scene. Marie Moore was still alive when officers arrived at the range but later died at a hospital.

Mitchell's father, Charles Moore, told police that Marie Moore had a history of mental illness and had previously attempted suicide and been involuntarily committed to a mental hospital in 2002 under the state's Baker Act.

Larry Anderson, a manager at Shoot Straight, said it's unclear whether the Moores had been to the range before, but they weren't regular customers. The range requires that customers fill out a form with a series of questions, including whether they have ever been convicted of a felony or been declared mentally unstable. But it has no way to verify the information.

Anderson defended the range's policies, saying: "If someone acts right, we have to assume they are right."

Based on the writings and audio recordings that he's seen in the media, Anderson said, it's clear that Marie Moore was "bent on doing it."

"Sometimes, like what happens Sunday, you have no control," Anderson said. "There's nothing you can do to prevent it."

Satan
04-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Well..... she definitely sent herself to Hell, alright. Problem with death is that wackjobs are still wackjobs afterwards. And now I'm stuck with her for eternity. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

Douglas T.
04-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Here's the video! Not to far from home again! First Casey Anthony who lives about three miles away! No this!

Police: Marie Moore used rented gun in murder-suicide; actions appeared 'deliberate' -- OrlandoSentinel.com (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-marie-moore-shooting-video-040709,0,199030.story)

kwame k
04-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Jesus, what the fuck is going on in this country. All these shootings in the last few weeks.

Douglas T.
04-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Jesus, what the fuck is going on in this country. All these shootings in the last few weeks.

My thought are that a few of these people doing the shooting believe they are doing the people they shoot, a favor, by putting them out of their misery!

kwame k
04-08-2009, 07:19 PM
My thought are that a few of these people doing the shooting believe they are doing the people they shoot, a favor, by putting them out of their misery!

I totally agree, remember that whack job mother that drove her car into a lake and her children died. She said that you couldn't stand the thought of them living in this world so she sent them back to God or some nonsense like that. You can't rationalize with the irrational but let your kids decide if they want to live or not.

It's tragic and obviously this chick was fucked in the head but.......Kill yourself if this world is too much for you, hell we're all gonna die someday just don't take innocent people with you.

Sarge
04-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Sad.. why do you have to take someone else out with you...

fryingdutchman
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
By The Associated Press
http://d.yimg.com/bg/p/090408/capress/i123920784010822476021.jpg?x=180&y=135&sig=O0ZAio9bU0H1FXsr9BDKrA--

Mitchell's father, Charles Moore, told police that Marie Moore had a history of mental illness and had previously attempted suicide and been involuntarily committed to a mental hospital in 2002 under the state's Baker Act.

Sounds to me like ol' Marie is the person that you DON'T take to the fucking shooting range.

C'mon people...common sense.

- Mental illness
- History of suicide attempts
- Involuntarily committed to a mental hospital

Let's put a loaded fucking gun in her hands.

Fucking dumbasses.

It's a crying shame, but it's almost like asking for it.

Douglas T.
04-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Same gun range new hole in the head!
Second Suicide At Gun Range Prompts Policy Change - News Story - WFTV Orlando (http://www.wftv.com/news/19305594/detail.html?treets=orlc&tml=orlc_break&ts=T&tmi=orlc_break_1_05230104272009)

Blaze
04-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Wow, .....
Guess it should have been expected that someone would think to themselves "damn, that the way I can do it. No wait no fuss, just rent the gun." Terrible.