PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone Makes Some Kickass Guitars....

Hardrock69
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Ok so April Fool's Day was my Bufday.

I was having a conversation with my best friend last Friday (he lives in Everett, WA). He suddenly informs me that since I have never owned a Les Paul, he is going to buy me an Epi Les Paul Studio for my bufday.

We have known each other for 30 years this month. I have sent him numerous care packages over the years with CDs, DVDs, magazines, books, etc., and last fall I built him a PC and shipped it to him, as the one he had was ancient.

The reason I have done the above that he is on 100% disability, as he has asthma, a heart condition AND Type 2 diabetes. I am not rich, so, since he is my best friend, I just try to help him out the best I can.

What are best friends for, right?

He recently won a battle with the Social Security Administration, who for some reason felt he did not deserve to be receiving beneftits.

For the second time (first time was 4 years ago) the judge deciding the case reamed the officials of the gummint, telling them they should be crucified for denying my friend benefits.

So he got 2 years of back pay. So he decided to buy me this axe.

I never helped him with any thought of getting anything in return. I have just been doing better than him health-wise, and financially too, so what the fuck.

The box arrived yesterday.

Photo from online:
http://i41.tinypic.com/kdprn8.jpg

My dog inspects it for damage:
http://i43.tinypic.com/287q1pc.jpg

It was made by who?
http://i44.tinypic.com/dxo5qv.jpg

It was made where?
http://i41.tinypic.com/2f0abtk.jpg

The New Addition To The Fambly (Number 9, Number 9, Number 9.....):

http://i44.tinypic.com/otktxc.jpg

As for playability, it is perfect. I had to do my intonation, and setup, and I put a new set of strings on it. Plays great! No complaints!

Found no flaws in construction. Paint is perfect as well. Neck feels fantastic.
Fingerboard is nice and smooth, frets are dressed perfectly.

Tone wise, I am used to active pickups, so these sound weak. There is a lot of low end in the tone as well. I turned my half-stack up to 1, with my Tube Screamer (TS-) up full. The feedback I got was REALLY low end. No microphonic squeal.

Someday I will put some better pickups in it, but overall I give this 10 out of 10.

Amazing the cool stuff that happens in life sometimes.
:D

ELVIS
04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Sweet!

I love my Epi Tony Iommi signature model, but it was built in Korea...

Also, the Iommi model has real USA Iommi pups that sound just right...

:elvis:

Hardrock69
04-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah, my Korina V and Explorer were Korea-built.

I am very impressed. I could not ask for better quality. Only that I have Gibson on the headstock lol. :D

Nitro Express
04-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I love my Korean Epiphone G400. The pots and switch were shit but I kept the pickups. They sound fine. I also have an Epiphone Jack Casady signature bass which is great. Jack Casady says the workmanship on the higher end Epiphone stuff is better than some of the Gibson stuff he has bought. He went with Epiphone because the dies to make the Les Paul bass hie likes was shipped to Korea and the equipment to make it was at Epiphone. The pickup was designed by jack and Gibson engineers in Nashville.

Sarge
04-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I had an Epiphone Elitist Sg that was MIJ.. it was one of the best guitars I have ever had.

indeedido
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
I have the Ace Frehley Epi, LOVE IT. Have a gold Epi SG, LOVE IT

sadaist
04-11-2009, 03:37 AM
I dig that shade of arctic white. Looks nice.

DLRdelight!
04-11-2009, 06:11 AM
I have an Epi Elitist Nick Valensi Riviera. Hands down the best guitar i have ever played. The feel. The vibe. The look. Fucking great guitar.

jackassrock
04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I've been using a tobacco burst Epi dot with gibson 57 classics in it lately. Top notch guitar. A+

Nitro Express
04-12-2009, 09:36 PM
I had an Epiphone Elitist Sg that was MIJ.. it was one of the best guitars I have ever had.

I think the Made in Japan Epiphones are way better than anything Gibson is making in the USA now.

Panamark
04-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Never owned an EPI, thinking about it after all the positivity here !
I would seekout a japanese one..

ELVIS
04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Some Korean models are nice too...as are some of the guitars built there...

Panamark
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Had a bad run with Korean anything.....
Played a beautiful RG series Korean Ibanez,
so I can see you point.. Korean would be plan b...

Reverberator
04-13-2009, 01:40 PM
My Epi LP custom is a good guitar , nice and heavy and a decent tone.It's a white one and it's started to yellow quite nicely , give it another few years it will look quite vintage.

Was thinking of a Gibson but I bought the Yngwie instead.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/gear-street/46413-show-off-your-guitars-2.html#post1168545

Diamondjimi
04-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I've played and seen some atrocious Epi's. But to have a guitar that is well built, sounds great,looks good and does'nt cost an arm and a leg is a wonderful thing. Especially for a back up guitar to beat on and not worry so much about scratching or denting (speaking for myself here) ;)

1st one here is my Epi "goth" my 'ol lady got me for X-mas a couple of years ago. I took the liberty of changing the pup frames and truss cover to cream ones as well as changing the bridge pup to a Dimarzio "Fred".
I've owned a couple of Gibby V's in the past and this one plays and sounds just as good...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/EpiVCropDJ-09.jpg

2nd up is a 2006 Epi Les Paul Custom
I bought this used for $250 @ the local chain music store. I came with "gold" hardware ,so I thought I'd go with it a bit.
I swapped out the original black knobs for some gold ones I had kickin aboot.
Got a pair of EMG's and a couple of "gold" pup frames off Ebay (cheap) and I'm off to the races. Like the rest of my electrics ,they're strung with D'addario 10-52's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/EpiLesPaulCustom-DJ-09.jpg

:rockon::jammin::rockon:

CSM
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I got an Epiphone SG-Special for free a few years ago and it's not bad. The pickups are dead quiet and it's good for 70's tunes like Kiss etc. Outside of the lacquer that is on the the sides of the fretboard it's a decent guitar.

Reverberator
04-14-2009, 04:13 PM
2nd up is a 2006 Epi Les Paul Custom
I bought this used for $250 @ the local chain music store. I came with "gold" hardware ,so I thought I'd go with it a bit.
I swapped out the original black knobs for some gold ones I had kickin aboot.
Got a pair of EMG's and a couple of "gold" pup frames off Ebay (cheap) and I'm off to the races. Like the rest of my electrics ,they're strung with D'addario 10-52's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/EpiLesPaulCustom-DJ-09.jpg

Have you changed the tuners on that? The one i've got is a '06 and the ones on mine are the other type ( can't remember the name of them) rather than the tulip type on yours.

Strange.

Diamondjimi
04-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Have you changed the tuners on that? The one i've got is a '06 and the ones on mine are the other type ( can't remember the name of them) rather than the tulip type on yours.

Strange.

No. They're the ones that came with it. No brand name on them either.
They stay in tune pretty decent ,so I can't complain.;)

Hardrock69
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
My LP Studio came with Grovers. Rock solid.

Diamondjimi
04-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Niiice!:D

Reverberator
04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
My LP Studio came with Grovers. Rock solid.

Yeah mine are grovers too....I was talking about the actual tuning 'peg' shape. I know the one type to be called 'tulip' but can't think what the other type is called.

Anyway i know the new Gibson LP customs use 'tulip' type but I didn't think they did in '06.....some help here may be required.

Hardrock69
04-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Mine are the same shape as that Goth V.

GAR
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Never owned an EPI, thinking about it after all the positivity here !
I would seekout a japanese one..

I had a 2008 Epi 58 tobacco paul, it was flawless.

Then they came out with one called a Slash model which looked identical, and I lost favor of it and flipped it already.

The necks' wood used for the Pauls look like that shit Jungle Elm from Indonesia.. I know, because I bought it with a busted headstock and although the finish looks all nice and Mahogany Brown and everything with a sweet walnut stain, it's not.

It's an opaque clear brown overcoat and the cracked wood joint revealed it is pure white wood = elm. As seen on a million shipping containers' worth of 40x48 pallets.

It's a very porous wood, and I don't like it in a playing guitar.

GAR
04-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah mine are grovers too....I was talking about the actual tuning 'peg' shape. I know the one type to be called 'tulip' but can't think what the other type is called.

Anyway i know the new Gibson LP customs use 'tulip' type but I didn't think they did in '06.....some help here may be required.

My 58 Epi had round-button Grovers. They work okay.

I had a set of green tulip I took off a freinds 84 Gibson V back in the day, but the peghole would have been too large requiring doweling of the hole and I just wanted to resell the thing anyways.. the kid who bought it off me was really really happy with it.

ELVIS
04-16-2009, 06:53 PM
My Iommi SG is all Mahogany, as you can see the grain where the paint has shrunk into it...

GAR
04-17-2009, 08:56 PM
..I don't know what species of mahogany it is supposed to be, but it isn't Phillipine or Honduran.

Hardrock69
04-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Well, I decided to try some serious tracking with this Epi tonight. Listened back to two rhythm tracks, and with no surprise, I noticed that there was a kind of grungy, atonal resonance thing happening. The pickup output being not exactly high, it gives the tone a nice clarity, but behind it, I could hear this slight 'noise'. No way to describe it, other than 'shit pickups'.

I had planned on eventually getting some good PUs to put in it, but this confirmed what I have basically known anyway, that even though the construction of the guitar is immaculate, the electronics suck fucking shit. For the price, they gotta skimp on overhead somewhere, eh?

Oh well. Still glad I have it.
:rockit:

GAR
04-30-2009, 03:05 AM
I went thru the Epiphone pickups I snaked out of that 2008 tobacco paul: I stuck them in what I call The Purple One.

The output on the neck was 8.5K, like a Duncan 59.

The bridge was a high 13.8K, about the same as a DiMarzio SD.

I went to take the chrome covers off, and that was my end.. let me tell you something I think I peeled about 2 ounces of wax from each pickup once the cans came off.

These things are soaked dripping with parrafin wax, it was a disgusting ordeal cleaning them up. I will never do that again.

Another thing, the wax is the binding agent holding this shit together! There FUCKED up.

Wow, I thought. Now that I got the cans off 'em they look kinda cool, just plain black. But huups.. I had to go trying to lower the adjustable screws flush like I usually do, and without wax under the coils I suddenly discovered the damn screws have no base guides!

You push on the screws, and the wax is soft enough - you are fucked! YOu'll never ever get them back level with the cover, it is a physical impossibility.

I had to undo the bobbin retainer screws, lift it up, then push each screw back up with a little #0 flatblade screwdriver.

When I get into them again, what I'll have to do before I put the cans back on, is push epoxy thru the polepiece screws and hold in place.. I can't risk playing and chancing to dink the stooped screw back down again, or else have to take the pickup apart one more time.

Well, the first time was the filthiest - getting all the wax off it, that was a bastard ordeal.

They look nice is about it.

Nitro Express
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, I decided to try some serious tracking with this Epi tonight. Listened back to two rhythm tracks, and with no surprise, I noticed that there was a kind of grungy, atonal resonance thing happening. The pickup output being not exactly high, it gives the tone a nice clarity, but behind it, I could hear this slight 'noise'. No way to describe it, other than 'shit pickups'.

I had planned on eventually getting some good PUs to put in it, but this confirmed what I have basically known anyway, that even though the construction of the guitar is immaculate, the electronics suck fucking shit. For the price, they gotta skimp on overhead somewhere, eh?

Oh well. Still glad I have it.
:rockit:

Pretty much. The selector switch on my G-400 never worked right and the wiring, jack, and pots were the cheapest I've ever seen. The pickups sounded fine but I rewired and replaced everything else. But that is an easy fix. If the wood is good, I can fix the electronics.

Nitro Express
04-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I read somewhere where the older Epiphone humbuckers that have the little scews that hold the coil bezels to the mounting plate are good pickups. Then later they started using pickups that have no screws and the bezels are glued to the plate. Apparently these ones are shit. Epiphone must have lowered cost by replacing drilling and tapping holes with glue and shit load of wax.

houseofpain
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Seriously replace all the wiring in the Epi. I've had some friends buy Epi's to a man, they've al said the frets weren't smooth and either sanded them or had them refretted.

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
I got an Epi SG and it plays okay, but the neck wood is the cheapest.

It's not too firm, and when you bend the chord so does the neck. So I took out the neck screws, taped off the neck pocket with masking tape and epoxied the neck onto the pocket.

While the glue was curing, I clamped it with a C clamp onto some scrap cardboard, so as not to crush a fret and with just enough pressure to hold the joint while I wiggled the neck from side-to-side in order to best align how much balance I wanted to sacrifice from the low E side, to give more room to the high E string side.

Then I let it alone.

After which I drilled five 1/2" holes, one in each neck screw hole plus the middle crappy manufacturing hook-hang hole, then cut dowels to the exact size.. scraped some relief ooze grooves along the sides of the dowels for glue to flow, then filled those holes with epoxy and pushed the epoxy-buttered dowel pieces in.

Sustains pretty good now. I replaced the bridge, it made oscillating noises.

Diamondjimi
05-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I went thru the Epiphone pickups I snaked out of that 2008 tobacco paul: I stuck them in what I call The Purple One.

The output on the neck was 8.5K, like a Duncan 59.

The bridge was a high 13.8K, about the same as a DiMarzio SD.

I went to take the chrome covers off, and that was my end.. let me tell you something I think I peeled about 2 ounces of wax from each pickup once the cans came off.

These things are soaked dripping with parrafin wax, it was a disgusting ordeal cleaning them up. I will never do that again.

Another thing, the wax is the binding agent holding this shit together! There FUCKED up.

Wow, I thought. Now that I got the cans off 'em they look kinda cool, just plain black. But huups.. I had to go trying to lower the adjustable screws flush like I usually do, and without wax under the coils I suddenly discovered the damn screws have no base guides!

You push on the screws, and the wax is soft enough - you are fucked! YOu'll never ever get them back level with the cover, it is a physical impossibility.

I had to undo the bobbin retainer screws, lift it up, then push each screw back up with a little #0 flatblade screwdriver.

When I get into them again, what I'll have to do before I put the cans back on, is push epoxy thru the polepiece screws and hold in place.. I can't risk playing and chancing to dink the stooped screw back down again, or else have to take the pickup apart one more time.

Well, the first time was the filthiest - getting all the wax off it, that was a bastard ordeal.

They look nice is about it.

Well ,why try and save them.?

Throw 'em in the fuckin garbage and buy some real pickups ,ya cheap bastard!

jhale667
05-08-2009, 03:05 AM
So, the "I quit" thread didn't count for the alias, I see...:rolleyes:

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Well ,why try and save them?

If they sound good enough, why not?

It's an Epi thread and I thought you of all folks would appreciate to know a thing or two about the Epi pickups, since you own an Epi.

You know, you could change up your attitude and go "oh cool, I didn't know" or "I'll look out for that, I threw mine in the garbage so now I know".. instead of communicating what a vast ass you can be.

I can be extremely inane, but you don't see me goin on about how stupid that V is do you? I don't like it and I'm a V affecionado yet still I don't elaborate, since it would be inappropriate.

Try to find something positive to say, or if not, try to be a little more relevant. Even if it's negative.

Diamondjimi
05-09-2009, 01:41 PM
If they sound good enough, why not?

It's an Epi thread and I thought you of all folks would appreciate to know a thing or two about the Epi pickups, since you own an Epi.

meh, don't care for Epi pickups , in fact I have a couple of them in my tool box to round up stray screws and finish nails....

You know, you could change up your attitude and go "oh cool, I didn't know" or "I'll look out for that, I threw mine in the garbage so now I know".. instead of communicating what a vast ass you can be.

Or maybe I could simply start a couple of alias's and argue with myself and just troll into oblivion...

I can be extremely inane, but you don't see me goin on about how stupid that V is do you? I don't like it and I'm a V affecionado yet still I don't elaborate, since it would be inappropriate.

What do you find stupid about it? The finish? The colour? Hey someone's opinion whether I agree or not does'nt effect me..

That V is one of the best sounding and fastest playing V's I've owned.(and I've owned a few over the years) Makes no dif to me that it's worth less than a thousand bucks. I've played a '59 Gibson V that was worth over 125k and it was a lame duck. I'd take this v any day....

Try to find something positive to say, or if not, try to be a little more relevant. Even if it's negative.

How Savicki of you...

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-09-2009, 03:38 PM
If for no other reason, Epi pickups make good hole fillers.

Maybe you find a Kramer or Charvel for $100 that someone installed EMG or Duncan or even DiMarzios in.

You buy it, wipe it off, remove the stickers and flip it with the Epi pickups in it and keep the EMG's.

That's what I'd do, turn the stuff around into something else. In other words, this is why your toolbox is worth $50 and mine is worth $2000 because I took the initiative you didn't.

therefore - the Epi pickups are overlooked riches because you can't sell a guitar without its' pickups. Just throwin ideas out there based on experience.

FTR: what I don't like about the Epi V's is weight, neckshape, frets, bodyshape, headstock shape and the electronics.. or else I'd have one. Like all Epi reinterpretations, there's always something off-dimensioned about them compared to the Gibson version and I'd rather either save my money and buy the right thing, or get an Ibanez one from the 70's which in some respects were better than most Gibson V's but that's hindsight.. Gibson Vs of the last 3 years have been exceptional.

You might prefer the $300 one to the $1300 one, I don't, that's just preference. What I don't like about Epi's have little to do with playability and everything to do with preference or I'd own more Epi's.

ELVIS
05-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I only bought an Epiphone because it's the Iommi model, lefty, and one of the first ones, and the early ones were supposedly built to Iommi's specs as he was actually involved in designing them. But the later ones are junk. I even spotted an Iommi model from a distance at a music store, got over to it and it wasn't even 24 fret! I saw one like that on ebay as well...

I've replaced the pickups in all but one of my Agile guitars and cleaned off the super thick wax that filled the entire covers, but they always had correct adjustment screws threaded into the base. They actually look well made. But if I repair a guitar for somebody, I have them if I need 'em. I installed some like that for $20 each and did some other repairs to this guy's Les Paul copy and he was really happy with it, so...

The humbuckers in my first Agile, a white Explorer copy (which Gibson supposedly threatened them over) sounded really good. I even recorded with that guitar until this chick broke the headstock off. I glued it back but never got around to finishing it...yet...

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-10-2009, 12:40 AM
When I glue a busted headstock, I plan it out for days ahead, line up my choice from a box of clamps, tape off the break right up to the line, slice the break with an xacto blade full of "xxxx" marks to get a good glue bite, then brush in Titebond2 and bang those clamps on real quick before it dries - then pray it doesn't move.

I also double and triple band masking tape pads over the clamp jaws to prevent dents or impressions.. which are inevitable but I find this helps reduce clamping damage.

I use pieces of Home Depot paint sticks between the jaws and the headstock where I can, too.

Then after a full day or two of drying, I take the clamps off and razor the glue bead off as close to the lacquer finish and when I can get it to barely a hairline crack and then razor-blend the crack with the finish.. it's an AWESOME feeling!

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Ive not always had that kind of success - I had a low-serial BC Rich with a busted neck, went to throw glue in and before I could clamp it the phone rang and .. well, I basically destroyed it by letting it sit.

My learning's come at a price! You don't fool around once glue's in that crack.. you clamp right away or you'll be blending and sanding unhappy the whole time youre doing it.. I have been there.

ELVIS
05-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I glued it months ago using original Titebond. I don't know about Titebond 2 but the original doesn't dry fast...

I did one before that and used super glue and that worked good but it's kind of messy when you clamp it and try to remove the super glue that comes out. Water on a rag works if you have them handy before you start...

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Both the yellow glues wipe up with water, supposedly achieve 90 percent bond in the first 20 minutes.

I could tell you unbelievable stories about clamping neck thru blanks for a major plant that, being rushed to do glueups, we'd go down the line straight off the jointer and clamp headstocks and neckthru's we'd take off the clamps after 15 minutes in some cases with the heads and blocks almost separating after clamp release.. yet by the time you'd load em on the pinrouter a few hours later you'd expect the headcaps woudl be flying off and the neckthrus would be falling apart - they didn't.

Maybe one in a thousand. And with that in mind, I still don't chance it. I clamp and let set for a full day at least.

Diamondjimi
05-10-2009, 01:17 AM
If for no other reason, Epi pickups make good hole fillers.

Maybe you find a Kramer or Charvel for $100 that someone installed EMG or Duncan or even DiMarzios in.

You buy it, wipe it off, remove the stickers and flip it with the Epi pickups in it and keep the EMG's.

Who hasn't done that with guitars. I'm much too busy these days making music to get into gearwhoring other than acquiring shit for myself. Can't be bothered much buying and flipping gtrs'...

That's what I'd do, turn the stuff around into something else. In other words, this is why your toolbox is worth $50 and mine is worth $2000 because I took the initiative you didn't.

Don't kid yerself bLimpyGIMP. I've got tons of parts n junk I've acquired over the last 29 years. 3 tool boxes full plus a couple of milk crates full of various pedals and gizmo's. But I don't need to justify anything ,especially someone who rambles on about shit he most likely Googled/cut & pasted.
You have posted zero of your said gear that is supposedly in "storage"... Is that your code word for pawn shop?
Have you run out of gear to pawn? Is that why you post from the library?

therefore - the Epi pickups are overlooked riches because you can't sell a guitar without its' pickups. Just throwin ideas out there based on experience.

Riches? Well maybe if you live under a bridge and post from the local library.
Define experience!

FTR: what I don't like about the Epi V's is weight, neckshape, frets, bodyshape, headstock shape and the electronics.. or else I'd have one.

What's not to like?
Weight? 5lbs. PERFECT
Neck shape? Soft "C" & narrow PERFECT
Frets? Fat & nicely dressed
Body shape??? WTF ,it's a fucking FLYING V!

Headstock shape? Is there a "secret" headstock we don't know about? (quick GAR, to the dickmobile and race to Googleville)... :rolleyes:

Electronics... not the best, def. not the worst. Not a tough fix there. 45 minutes & 50 bucks can fix that shit...

Like all Epi reinterpretations, there's always something off-dimensioned about them compared to the Gibson version and I'd rather either save my money and buy the right thing, or get an Ibanez one from the 70's which in some respects were better than most Gibson V's but that's hindsight.. Gibson Vs of the last 3 years have been exceptional.

When it comes to selecting a good guitar ,Epiphone is no different than combing through Gibson's,Fender's or Gretch. I've played some absolute shit one's by each company and some great ones. The key is to actually understand how to tell a diamond from a turd...

You might prefer the $300 one to the $1300 one, I don't, that's just preference.

Put a blindfold on you ,and you wouldn't know the fucking difference. I guarantee it.

What I don't like about Epi's have little to do with playability and everything to do with preference or I'd own more Epi's.

Preference is the theme here ,I guess. To me ,the most important factor is tone ,playability, and quality. It makes no dif.to me that my main guitar (L.P)is worth over 5 grand. If it played and sounded shitty I'd unload the fucker in a heartbeat!

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Gosh, what a drizzling TWAT!

If I can do it, you can do; I am better off for having ebayed the "junk" and "cratefulls" from 2000-2002.

I have found my life defined more by what I keep, than that which I'd acquired and I suggest what worked for me would for you also.

BTW the weight is about the only thing I like about the epi Goth V, next would be the playability, and then would say the hardware selection is fine except for the pickup rings which I'd change with the pickups. So there are things I can compliment about it, however I just don't like the fuckin' thing.

I'm jaded by having owned the real ones, so your mileage may vary. To me, it's never going to be more than a copy of something.

Also to answer another question, the Medallion series style (71-83 pre-alderbody) are my first-choice in a V and the V90 is about the most perfect V I have ever owned, if only the necks were mahogany as the bodies are.. or else all solid Korina!

Don't let anyone keep you from enjoying that Chink V.. it's not a piece of junk, but I do not have the capacity for its appreciation.

Diamondjimi
05-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Gosh, what a drizzling TWAT!

Ballgargler sez wha?

I'm jaded by having owned the real ones, so your mileage may vary. To me, it's never going to be more than a copy of something.

I've owned a couple of Gibson V's in the past . Jus saying this one is decent.

Don't let anyone keep you from enjoying that Chink V..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/jerkoff.gif

Post yer shit or fuck off...

jhale667
05-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Don't let anyone keep you from enjoying that Chink V.. it's not a piece of junk, but I do not have the capacity for its appreciation.

Do you have the capacity to go fuck yourself? :fufu:

What the fuck did I tell you about the racial slurs BallGARgler/BlimpyChump? It goes for all of your aliases, for the record. Fuck off.

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Ok so you think the term "chink" "chinkasoid" "chinkasu" are naughty words that shouldn't be used, but the vehemently offensive sexual-based and sexually-deviant slurs are fine?

You must be on one of them Roth boards or something!

Diamondjimi
05-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Ok so you think the term "chink" "chinkasoid" "chinkasu" are naughty words that shouldn't be used, but the vehemently offensive sexual-based and sexually-deviant slurs are fine?

Look Clay, I'll say it again ,post yer shit or fuck off!

jhale667
05-12-2009, 01:35 AM

Kindly STFU. :fufu:

Ah, but you assume when I called you BallGARgler/BlimpyChump I was referring to men's balls. That's you projecting. I meant tennis balls, you fuckin' wackjob! :lol:

And for the record, no one likes any of your personalities on either board.:hee: Library's closing, run along now...

Diamondjimi
09-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Decided to change the colour. I've always preferred white V's

Before...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/EpiVCropDJ-09.jpg

Now in Alpine White...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/GothpaintedAlpineWhite.jpg

jhale667
09-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Nice! :D

:guitar:

GAR
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM
It does look better in white with the black parts.

Blackflag
09-16-2009, 11:45 PM
I really dislike the V's... although, I enjoy eating out at the Y.

Diamondjimi
09-17-2009, 04:27 AM
I really dislike the V's... although, I enjoy eating out at the Y.

http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/cocksoup.jpg