PDA

View Full Version : "Can I Help You Find Something?" X 12 - I Wish Sales 'Associates' Would Just Shut Up

Hardrock69
04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
So I go to Staples the other day. Got a gift card from my sis for my bufday. Wanted to get a 50 pack of blank DVDs.

I was in the store less than 15 minutes, and had 12 different sales creeps ask me if I needed any help finding anything.

I don't mind getting asked that once or twice.

But after 5 or 6 times I began to get pissed off. I managed to keep my mouth shut, checked out, and went on.

Next stop was at an OfficeMax, looking for some 2-DVD jewel cases.

Just barely set foot inside the door, some guy standing there "HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY? CAN I HELP YOU?"

Me: "Yes. You can help me by allowing me to shop in peace, instead of harassing me like all the other sales associates do!".

To give him credit, he shut the hell up, and I was not bothered by anyone else at that store.

Look, I understand it is part of their job. And, if they are working on some sort of commission, I can understand wanting to grab as much biz as they can.

However, they must realize something.

I do not need them to fucking harass me the moment I set foot in the store.
I usually know what I want, as I usually do research on the net before even setting foot in a store.

IF, for some godawful fucking reason, I DO need help, I AM ALREADY FUCKING AWARE THAT ALL I HAVE TO DO IS ASK FOR IT!

Is it any wonder that brick and mortar stores are closing at a record pace?

Is it any wonder that people prefer to shop online? Shopping online has several advantages:

1. Usually you can find a much better deal online than in a store.
2. The item you order online can be shipped right to your door.
3. If you pull up to your mailbox, or step into your house, and there is some fucking butt-monkey standing there like a broken record reciting "May I help you find something? Have you found what you are looking for? Can I help you?", then there is something seriously wrong.

Like I said, I am sure it is part of their job to be pro-active about assisting customers, but having 12 different fucking sales asshats harassing me inside of 15 fucking minutes is too fucking much.

If I NEVER see another sales associate in my life, it will be much too soon.
:mad:
End rant here.

blonddgirl777
04-13-2009, 02:24 PM
You are lucky!

At Future Shop (a branch of Staples), they are like aliens... We are all told they are there to help us be we never see them around! :umm:

GAR
04-13-2009, 02:28 PM
When they say "How are you today?" I always reply "Happy" because it throws them for a loop they can't easily retreat from.

I've been doing that for a decade.

They don't care how I feel, fuck them. They just say that shit to say shit and sound professional and helpful, which it isnt.

It's annoying.