PDA

View Full Version : Tax Day Tea Parties

sadaist
04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Seen a few of the big ones televised. There is one happening in my town that I drove by a bit earlier that had around 50 people. Holding flags & signs, cheering to honking cars & such. Pretty orderly group. From the news it looks like all of them have been. Just wondering if anyone else had any local gatherings today.

The one sign I saw locally was "Will Work For Your Mortgage"...lol.

Nickdfresh
04-15-2009, 09:29 PM
I think of lot of it is whiny pseudo-patriots and bullshit fanned by talking head assholes...

What? You have to pay taxes?

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>M - Th 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220573&title=indignation-populist-uprising'>IndigNation! Populist Uprising '09 - The Enragening</a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:220573' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100&#37;' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml'>Daily Show<br/> Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/tagSearchResults.jhtml?term=Clusterf%23%40k+to+the +Poor+House'>Economic Crisis</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com'>Political Humor</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

sadaist
04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
I think of lot of it is whiny pseudo-patriots and bullshit fanned by talking head assholes...

It might also be people who work really hard, then are unhappy with what's left over when they get their paystub. Seems like the government keeps taking more & more. Or people unhappy with what is being done with those tax dollars. I'm personally more upset with state taxes here in CA than with Federal. But CA is a bit more fucked up than most other states currently.

sadaist
04-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Thousands rally with 'tea parties' on tax day

Thousands rally with 'tea parties' on tax day (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090415/ap_on_re_us/tax_day_protests)

By JOE BIESK, Associated Press Writer Joe Biesk, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 40 mins ago

ATLANTA – Whipped up by conservative commentators and bloggers, tens of thousands of protesters staged "tea parties" around the country Wednesday to tap into the collective angst stirred up by a bad economy, government spending and bailouts. The rallies were directed at President Barack Obama's new administration on a symbolic day: the deadline to file income taxes. Protesters even threw what appeared to be a box of tea bags toward the White House, causing a brief lockdown at the compound.

Shouts rang out from Kentucky, which just passed tax increases on cigarettes and alcohol, to Salt Lake City, where many in the crowd booed Republican Gov. Jon Huntsman for accepting about $1.5 billion in stimulus money. Even in Alaska, where there is no statewide income tax or sales tax, hundreds of people held signs and chanted "No more spending."

"Frankly, I'm mad as hell," said businessman Doug Burnett at a rally at the Iowa Capitol, where many of the about 1,000 people wore red shirts declaring "revolution is brewing." Burnett added: "This country has been on a spending spree for decades, a spending spree we can't afford."

In Boston, a few hundred protesters gathered on the Boston Common — a short distance from the original Tea Party — some dressed in Revolutionary garb and carrying signs that said "Barney Frank, Bernie Madoff: And the Difference Is?" and "D.C.: District of Communism."

Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up a tea party at Austin City Hall with his stance against the federal government, as some in his U.S. flag-waving audience shouted, "Secede!"

In Atlanta, thousands of people gathered outside the Capitol, where Fox News Channel conservative pundit Sean Hannity was set to broadcast his show Wednesday night. One protester's sign read: "Hey Obama you can keep the change."

Julie Reeves, of Covington, brought her Chihuahua Arnie, who wore a tiny anti-IRS T-shirt. "I want the government to get its hand the hell out of my wallet," Reeves said.

The tea parties were promoted by FreedomWorks, a conservative nonprofit advocacy group based in Washington and led by former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey of Texas, who is now a lobbyist.

Organizers said the movement developed organically through online social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and through exposure on Fox News.

While FreedomWorks insisted the rallies were nonpartisan, they have been seized on by many prominent Republicans who view them as a promising way for the party to reclaim its momentum.

"All you have to be is a mildly awake Republican candidate for office to get in front of that parade," said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform.

The movement attracted some Republicans considering 2012 presidential bids.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich planned to address a tea party in a New York City park Wednesday night. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal sent an e-mail to his supporters, letting them know about tea parties throughout the state. South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford planned to attend two tea parties.

"There is no such thing as so-called free money and that includes stimulus," Sanford told several thousand people outside the statehouse in Columbia, S.C. "Paying down debt is an old American theme and never a bad thing."

There were several small counter-protests, including one that drew about a dozen people at Fountain Square in Cincinnati. A counter-protester held a sign that read, "Where were you when Bush was spending billions a month 'liberating' Iraq?" The anti-tax demonstration there, meanwhile, drew about 4,000 people.

In Lansing, Mich., outside the state Capitol, another 4,000 people waved signs exclaiming "Stop the Fiscal Madness," "Read My Lipstick! No More Bailouts" and "The Pirates Are in D.C." Children held makeshift signs complaining about the rising debt.

More than 1,000 protesters gathered outside a downtown federal building in Salt Lake City despite the rain and snow. Kate Maloney held a cardboard sign that read "Pin the tail on the jacka$$" with a picture of Obama on a Democratic donkey.

Other protesters also took direct aim at Obama. One sign in the crowd in Madison, Wis., compared him to the anti-Christ. At a rally in Montgomery, Ala., where Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" blared from loudspeakers, Jim Adams of Selma carried a sign that showed the president with Hitler-style hair and mustache and said, "Sieg Heil Herr Obama."

Still others talked of their children's futures. In Washington, D.C., Joe Hollinger said he took the day off to attend the protest with his 11-year-old daughter.

"I'm concerned about the incredible amount of debt Congress is going to put on our children," Hollinger said, pointing to his daughter's sign, which read, "Congress get your hand off my piggy bank."

swage33
04-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Run, Newt, Run!

FORD
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
What the fuck are these idiots protesting?

There's no way that Samuel Weaselfucker the unemployed unlicensed "plumber" or any of these other Freeper retards are in the top 1&#37; that is about to lose the Chimpy tax "cuts" (on taxes they never fucking paid in the first place)

This is nothing but corporate astroturfing from FAUX Noize, and other right wing propaganda shills. But then, I guess you need a DICK Armey to lead a bunch of teabaggers

Va Beach VH Fan
04-15-2009, 11:25 PM
I honestly can't attribute it more to hypocrisy or plain ignorance....

Or both...

BITEYOASS
04-15-2009, 11:32 PM

There's no way that Samuel Weaselfucker the unemployed unlicensed "plumber" or any of these other Freeper retards are in the top 1&#37; that is about to lose the Chimpy tax "cuts" (on taxes they never fucking paid in the first place)

This is nothing but corporate astroturfing from FAUX Noize, and other right wing propaganda shills. But then, I guess you need a DICK Armey to lead a bunch of teabaggers

If it makes you feel better, only 3-4,000 showed up for the tea party in Lansing, MI featuring Joe the Dumbass. A crowd big enough to fill less than 5% of Spartan Stadium. MSU has protests that are way larger than that.

FORD
04-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Is this ELVIS?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/jefferson_pics/IMG_9497.jpg

FORD
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Oh shit.... Santa Claus is a Repuke? :(

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/YesWeDid08/DSC01086.jpg

sadaist
04-16-2009, 12:03 AM

Don't need to be in the top 1% to be mad at increasing taxes. A pack of cigarettes, which was already very heavily taxed, had it's tax rate increased by 158% on April 1st to pay for childrens health care. Since I work to pay for my own childs' health care costs, why should I also have to pay for someone elses? I don't expect anyone else to pay for mine.

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:03 AM
http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/YesWeDid08/DSC01104.jpg
"God only requires 10&#37;"??

Well, perhaps, but God's son also said that it was easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to walk through the gates of Heaven. And he also said something about "render unto Caesar what is Caesars" when asked about paying taxes.

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Don't need to be in the top 1% to be mad at increasing taxes. A pack of cigarettes, which was already very heavily taxed, had it's tax rate increased by 158% on April 1st to pay for childrens health care. Since I work to pay for my own childs' health care costs, why should I also have to pay for someone elses? I don't expect anyone else to pay for mine.

Tobacco addicts create a big share of the healthcare burden, so they should probably pay accordingly. But that's a seperate issue from what the teabaggers are whining about. Actually, it looks as though most of them didn't even know WHAT they were there to whine about.

Redballjets88
04-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Tobacco addicts create a big share of the healthcare burden, so they should probably pay accordingly. But that's a seperate issue from what the teabaggers are whining about. Actually, it looks as though most of them didn't even know WHAT they were there to whine about.

That is why smokers pay higher insurance premiums...

Cigarette tax hikes are there because no one will argue with them because if someone says raising cigarette taxes shouldn't be done they will be labeled as being in favor of smoking.

Raising taxes on smokers is an easy way to bring in more money without the majority of the population being upset.

OR they could add mere pennies onto anything that uses corn syrup or on fast food and it would bring in much more money.

I would gladly pay 1.15 for a 99 cent burger than 6.75 for a pack of smokes that should be about 2.75

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:16 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3352/3445595001_c90cc0ee00_o.jpg
What's funny is that these stupid ass BecKKKbots don't even know what the word "teabagging" means.

Either that or they're hoping to run into Larry Craig in the men's room after the rally.

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:20 AM
That is why smokers pay higher insurance premiums...

Cigarette tax hikes are there because no one will argue with them because if someone says raising cigarette taxes shouldn't be done they will be labeled as being in favor of smoking.

Raising taxes on smokers is an easy way to bring in more money without the majority of the population being upset.

OR they could add mere pennies onto anything that uses corn syrup or on fast food and it would bring in much more money.

I would gladly pay 1.15 for a 99 cent burger than 6.75 for a pack of smokes that should be about 2.75

Well they can always take high fructose corn poison out of food, and have a viable product. In fact, a better product.

But you can't take tobacco out of cigs, can you?

Of course if we went to single payer health care, you could take all of that off the table anyway.

But as I said, that's a whole separate issue from the teabagger hissyfits.

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey, how did these guys get past the morons?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/3445613397_9c01a19627_o.jpg

Redballjets88
04-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Well they can always take high fructose corn poison out of food, and have a viable product. In fact, a better product.

But you can't take tobacco out of cigs, can you?

Of course if we went to single payer health care, you could take all of that off the table anyway.

But as I said, that's a whole separate issue from the teabagger hissyfits.

or if the government wasn't spending so much goddamn money we would be able to do a lot more.

Spending all around is out of control. Fuck if we stopped wasting so much we could afford to do many of the things the liberals want to do, and the conservatives could stop complaining about paying so much in taxes. Win-Win. but hey we NEED to have troops in countries like Germany and Italy, it would be hell on earth if our troops weren't hanging out in beautiful countries that have no intention to attack us.

Guitar Shark
04-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Hey, how did these guys get past the morons?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/3445613397_9c01a19627_o.jpg

The guy on the left is still a moron because he can't spell breathe...

sadaist
04-16-2009, 12:42 AM
but hey we NEED to have troops in countries like Germany and Italy, it would be hell on earth if our troops weren't hanging out in beautiful countries that have no intention to attack us.

It sure was nice to have a ship near Somalia a few days ago.

sadaist
04-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Tobacco addicts create a big share of the healthcare burden, so they should probably pay accordingly.

So if I provide my health insurance card to the cashier, can I pay a lower amount for my pack of cigarettes?

FORD
04-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Hark! Teabaggers! Beware The Tories In Your Ranks
posted by John Nichols on 04/15/2009 @ 11:35am

Sam Adams and the more radical of his Boston compatriots would, presumably, have been bemused by the image of conservatively-clad Middle Americans recalling the revolutionary acts of December 16, 1773, by meekly clutching tea bags.

But today's teabaggers will get no condemnation from this quarter.

Nothing about the American experiment is more essential than the right to assemble for the purpose of demanding the redress of grievances. And nothing preserves that right more than its regular exercise – especially by those who are new to the streets.

Beyond the constitutional orthodoxies, there is something rather satisfying about Americans identifying with a radical assault on empire and big business.

The only gripe a serious patriot might have with the teabagging protesters is with their choice of partners.

Instead of embracing exponents of change, the teabaggers invited asked a number of Republican members of Congress who have supported bank bailouts and other no-strings-attached giveaways to Wall Street speculators, free trade policies that empower contemporary variations on the British East India Company and schemes to gamble Social Security on the stock market.

Among speakers scheduled to titillate teabagger rallies are Florida Congressman Ander Crenshaw (appearing in Jacksonville), Arizona Congressman John Shadegg (appearing in Phoenix), North Carolina Congresswoman Susan Myrick (appearing in Charlotte) and Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan (appearing in Madison).

All cast the Tory vote for the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, which gave hundreds of billions of dollars to banks and speculators.

No doubt, Ryan's the worst hypocrite in the bunch.

The ranking Republican on the House Budget Committee has emerged as the GOPs pointman on "fiscal responsibility" issues. Yet, this Tory legislator played a key role in passing the Wall Street bailout last fall, rallying Republican votes for the measure when sincere conservatives wanted to vote "no" to the $800-billion giveaway with Vermont Independent Bernie Sanders, who said, "rescuing the economy does not mean we have to just give away $700 billion of taxpayer money to the banks," and Wisconsin Democrat Russ Feingold, who said, "Taxpayers deserve a plan that puts their concerns ahead of those who got us into this mess."

Technically, Ryan represents Janesville, Wisconsin, but his real designation ought to be: Paul Ryan, R-Wall Street.

Janesville is, or at least was, a manufacturing town. Yet, Ryan has since his election to the House in 1998 consistently voted for free-trade pacts – including the extension of most-favored nation trading status to China – that have been devastating to the community and others in his southeastern Wisconsin district. How devastating, last winter, the sprawling General Motor plant that had been the community's top employer for nine decades, was shuttered.

What was Ryan doing in the months before the plant closed? Campaigning for a scheme to gamble Social Security funds on the stock market and gut Medicare and Medicaid. Had Ryan gotten his way, tens of millions of Americans who lost most of their retirement savings when the stock market crashed in the fall would also have lost much of their Social Security safety net. And they would have had an even harder time getting access to medical care.

Fiscally responsible? Not Paul Ryan.

His whole career has been about redistributing wealth upward, rewriting trade rules to favor multinational corporations, robbing the federal treasury to enrich his banking industry benefactors and running up debts to bail out Wall Street.

If Sam Adams had encountered this Tory, they would have tossed him in Boston Harbor with those crates of tea.

Link (http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat/427206/?rel=hp_picks)

FORD
04-16-2009, 01:51 AM
More evidence that these right wing zombies didn't even know what the fuck they were "protesting".......

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02I1f8G9GYfPW/610x.jpg

Really...... what do Jesus and abortion have to do with tax cuts for the rich? :confused12:

FORD
04-16-2009, 01:53 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03No0dr06vfuk/610x.jpg
Uh.... foreign creditors, lady? Like the ones who made that car??

sadaist
04-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Dang. People complaining about taxes sure does bother FORD.

FORD
04-16-2009, 02:22 AM

Only when they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. As I said, not a single one of these idiots would pay another penny in taxes when Chimpy's tax "cuts" for tax dodging millionaires expired. Even if they rolled back the Reagan tax cuts (which is the minimum of what they should do) or went all the way back to the pre-JFK levels, it wouldn't affect any one of these people.

But since Mush Limpdick and Glenn BecKKK, who get paid millions from right wing corporations to spew hatred and lies, DO fall in those tax brackets, they convince the mindless sheep who follow them that THEY, the sheep, will somehow be worse off if Mush has to pay his fair share of taxes.

It's not the only way the right wing gets the chronically misinformed to vote against their own interests, just the most pathetic way. And it looks like these jackasses are really buying the bullshit. :(

ELVIS
04-16-2009, 03:13 AM
Is this ELVIS?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff93/jefferson_pics/IMG_9497.jpg

Yeah, that's me. We both were there, don't try to hide it. I kept telling you your green billed trucker hat looked silly...

But you conveniently misplaced your Obama Is a Fraud hat...

Just be honest with yourself, my friend...:biggrin:

:elvis:

FORD
04-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Probably the most honest picture of the day, in terms of what this shit is really all about.....

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/gallery-teaparty27.jpg

GAR
04-16-2009, 04:01 AM

I hate that guy.

This fucking tard is the only one that wont' admit to the mistake of voting for Obama.

He won by a slim majority but you'd think from watching the news he won by a landslide.

I didn't go to one of these only because I'd get in fights and talking way too much shit on people admitting they voted for O, but I support them 100 percent for admitting they were wrong and now want to protest the government.

It is so wrong, so out of control, and so vast it the only thing you can do anymore besides protest is to dismantle the Electoral College and vote everyone in office, out of office. Regardless of who's coming in and their party.

ELVIS
04-16-2009, 04:55 AM
At least he took down his Soviet propaganda avatar...

But I like FORD...

And my only problem with this Tea Party business is how informed or uninformed the majority of these people who attend them are. It's quite difficult to digest even a small piece of the information pie that's going around. I have more free time than a lot of people I know, and usually if I start talking about some of the topics we discuss right here at the Army, I get like a deer in headlights stare, so...

It's petty scary...

hideyoursheep
04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
but hey we NEED to have troops in countries like Germany and Italy, it would be hell on earth if our troops weren't hanging out in beautiful countries that have no intention to attack us.
Fuck you, you don't know a goddamned thing.

hideyoursheep
04-16-2009, 05:39 AM
They all took time of work for this, but bitch about taxes...idiots.

Worried about burdening children with debt, worried about abortion....Where's the outrage for the previous bunch for burdening their children with DYING over a lie?

All because they didn't vote for Obama to begin with. Nothing more. Just right-wing red meat.

sadaist
04-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Only when they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. As I said, not a single one of these idiots would pay another penny in taxes when Chimpy's tax "cuts" for tax dodging millionaires expired. Even if they rolled back the Reagan tax cuts (which is the minimum of what they should do) or went all the way back to the pre-JFK levels, it wouldn't affect any one of these people.

But since Mush Limpdick and Glenn BecKKK, who get paid millions from right wing corporations to spew hatred and lies, DO fall in those tax brackets, they convince the mindless sheep who follow them that THEY, the sheep, will somehow be worse off if Mush has to pay his fair share of taxes.

It's not the only way the right wing gets the chronically misinformed to vote against their own interests, just the most pathetic way. And it looks like these jackasses are really buying the bullshit. :(

Don't you see the irony here? You're upset that people are gathering about something they know little about (according to you), yet when people gathered to support Obama and couldn't answer one question regarding his actual policies or agenda (other than "he's gonna change stuff"), you were all for it. You blame the right wing media for stoking this fire, just as the left wing media was accused of stoking the Obama fire.

As far as not "paying another penny in taxes", here in So CA the majority of the people that gathered were rallying against Prop 1A, which is the building block of 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E & 1F. CA taxes are the highest in the nation, the state is near bankruptcy, businesses & individuals are leaving the state at record numbers, foreclosures are at record numbers, unemployment is the highest in the nation, and taxes are still increasing.

http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/pdf-guide/props/prop1a-analysis.pdf
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/pdf-guide/props/prop1b-analysis.pdf
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/pdf-guide/props/prop1c-analysis.pdf
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/pdf-guide/props/prop1d-anaysis.pdf
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/pdf-guide/props/prop1e-analysis.pdf
http://www.voterguide.sos.ca.gov/pdf-guide/props/prop1f-analysis.pdf

And there is a growing movement to recall this guy.
Recall California State Assemblyman Anthony Adams (http://www.recalladams.org/default.aspx)

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
So let me get this straight...the Republicans took to the straight to protest last years tax rates...under BUSH?

Ahh, I see; had it not been for Fox News (er, Faux News...sorry Ford) fanning the flames and turning this into an anti-Obama rally (which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with last years taxes since he wasn't the sitting President last year), this would have been a non-event.

Oh, I'm sorry - it WAS a non event. Weren't people actually supposed to show up for these parties?

Fail.

Big Train
04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Man the libs sure are worked up about this.

And the official party spokesmen on the networks even more so.

Stewart, Olberman, Maddow, Cooper. They are so quick to dismiss it and wrap it up in some form of "lunatic fringe" as Ford is also trying via his pics posted above.

CNN Reporter at Chicago Tea Party: It's "Anti-CNN Since This is Highly Promoted By the Right-Wing, Conservative Network Fox" - mediabistro.com: TVNewser (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn/cnn_reporter_at_chicago_tea_party_its_anticnn_sinc e_this_is_highly_promoted_by_the_rightwing_conserv ative_network_fox_114141.asp)

YouTube - Anderson Cooper: It's hard to talk when you're teabagging (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64Ed5iLu4M)

All it is, for any practical purpose, is a basic protest. Since it is the first conservative protest of any kind in many years, a lot of the protesters might mix in other issues. Big fucking deal. It does not diminish the basic message. The government is taking way too much, giving back way to little and wasting most of that money. What's so hard to understand about that?

More importantly, why is the liberal media so scared of this? Why can't these just be fucking reporters and stick to the basics. Oh that's right, they aren't.

Stewart is a "comedian" working as a shill for the Dems.
Olbermann is a "sports reporter" working as pit bull for the Dems.
Maddow is a "on air personality" working as a shill for the Dems.
Cooper is a "network broadcaster" leading an entire network of shills for the Dems.

These "lame white people" as the photos and news stories are trying to portray them to be, are a large and powerful voting block when they want to be. The way they are being treated by the media is only going to make that group of people more resilient to items on the Dem agenda. They are not professional protesters, so they may look a little odd doing it. I think this is only the beginning though, so the people mentioned above better either quit it entirely or go into overdrive with it and stir up their own base. It's gone past the tolerant point on many issues and their will be a strong conservative push back. Get used to it.

Big Train
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Sadaist,

Since I just paid my insanely high tax bill yesterday, I could not agree more. Well said.

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
LMFAO!! Well, many conservatives see such phony odes to selfishness and fiscal irresponsibility fanned by media demagogues to be essentially the death of American values and reminiscent of the "lets live on borrowed credit" mindset that got us into this mess...

Why don't some of these retards, who are mostly lower-middle class to middle class, ever think to actually learn about how: most corporations pay nothing in taxes; or that their tax rates are so high because the wealthiest Americans are so low...

I guess everyone wants a fee lunch now, huh. So much for "conservatives taking personal responsibility."

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Sadaist,

Since I just paid my insanely high tax bill yesterday, I could not agree more. Well said.

But aren't to Daddy Warbucks that brags about making tons of bling...

Are you a martyr now?

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't think it was a big deal. I don't think anybody thinks it was a big deal, regardless of how much Faux reporters are trying to sell it as such. That's kind of the whole point.

The world's still here and I'm still going to work today, so...no big whoop at all.

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Right. Just like the morons tramping out into the street fail to get that the original Boston Tea-party was not against the idea of taxation, just against taxation without representation in the British Parliament...

Or is it that they forget that Pres. George Washington personally led an army to crush an anti-whiskey tax rebellion and that there is no real legacy or notion of heroism for not paying taxes in US history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiskey_Rebellion

Maybe next year we can have a "Holocaust of Taxes Day" of protest?

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 10:58 AM
The thing that makes it an interesting talking point (and still not a big deal) is that the conservative media fanned the flames of an anti-Obama protest under the guise of a high tax protest. Considering the protesters of these high taxes are protesting Bush's tax agenda from last year, it seems a pretty bizarre guise to put in under.

Frankly, it isn't rocket science. Under 30 odd years of Republican tax authority, the elite have had their tax liability eased while those who make the least pay the most. Of course it's a population issue based on what percentage is making what, but at some point you'd have thought the government would have woken up and went to where the money is, not where it isn't.

Seems very silly to protest 30 years of it simply because a Democrat is in the White House now. Oh well. I'm sure the Republicans consider it a huge victory and are happy as pigs in shit.

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Why don't some of these infantile whiners protest this?:

Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes
Report Says Most Corporations Pay No Federal Income Taxes; Lawmakers Blame Loopholes
By JENNIFER C. KERR Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON

Two-thirds of U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 and 2005, according to a new report from Congress.

The study by the Government Accountability Office, expected to be released Tuesday, said about 68 percent of foreign companies doing business in the U.S. avoided corporate taxes over the same period.

Collectively, the companies reported trillions of dollars in sales, according to GAO's estimate.

"It's shameful that so many corporations make big profits and pay nothing to support our country," said Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., who asked for the GAO study with Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich.

An outside tax expert, Chris Edwards of the libertarian Cato Institute in Washington, said increasing numbers of limited liability corporations and so-called "S" corporations pay taxes under individual tax codes.

"Half of all business income in the United States now ends up going through the individual tax code," Edwards said.

The GAO study did not investigate why corporations weren't paying federal income taxes or corporate taxes and it did not identify any corporations by name. It said companies may escape paying such taxes due to operating losses or because of tax credits.

More than 38,000 foreign corporations had no tax liability in 2005 and 1.2 million U.S. companies paid no income tax, the GAO said. Combined, the companies had $2.5 trillion in sales. About 25 percent of the U.S. corporations not paying corporate taxes were considered large corporations, meaning they had at least $250 million in assets or $50 million in receipts.

The GAO said it analyzed data from the Internal Revenue Service, examining samples of corporate returns for the years 1998 through 2005. For 2005, for example, it reviewed 110,003 tax returns from among more than 1.2 million corporations doing business in the U.S.

Dorgan and Levin have complained about companies abusing transfer prices — amounts charged on transactions between companies in a group, such as a parent and subsidiary. In some cases, multinational companies can manipulate transfer prices to shift income from higher to lower tax jurisdictions, cutting their tax liabilities. The GAO did not suggest which companies might be doing this.

"It's time for the big corporations to pay their fair share," Dorgan said.

————

On the Net:

Government Accountability Office: U.S. Government Accountability Office (U.S. GAO) (http://www.gao.gov)

Copyright &#169; 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=5561455)

Oh, I forgot. They use the money saved on not paying taxes -while doing business and earning most of their profits in the US- to create jobs in India...

ELVIS
04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Looks like people are pretty upset about the unknown change that Obama sold to the uninformed voters...

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/400x400/Barack-Obama-Tea-Blend_9296DF11.jpg

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Why don't some of these infantile whiners protest this?...Oh, I forgot. They use the money saved on not paying taxes -while doing business and earning most of their profits in the US- to create jobs in India...

Exactly. One of the nicer benefits of trickle-down economics in the mid to late 80's was that by increasing your revenue and keeping your bottom line low (for example, outsourcing your employees to the destitute in foreign countries willing to do the same work for less than half the pay rate Americans needed to survive), corporate chiefs ended up being able to reward themselves with better stock options and portfolio benefits. Which is exactly why trickle-down ended up trickling sideways, or trickling nowhere at all. I mean, hell, it wasn't supposed to benefit everybody...

Hey, if it worked so well for company heads back then, it must still be working quite well today, right?

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Looks like people are pretty upset about the unknown change that Obama sold to the uninformed voters...

Illustrates my original point perfectly. Thank you.

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HVAkz7GFB_w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HVAkz7GFB_w&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 12:02 PM

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/400x400/Barack-Obama-Tea-Blend_9296DF11.jpg

What specifically were you referring too? I don't recall him saying anything BUT he was going to continue economic stimulus...

He's also CUT the tax rates on the middle class, something he also said he would do...

ULTRAMAN VH
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
So let me get this straight...the Republicans took to the straight to protest last years tax rates...under BUSH?

Ahh, I see; had it not been for Fox News (er, Faux News...sorry Ford) fanning the flames and turning this into an anti-Obama rally (which, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with last years taxes since he wasn't the sitting President last year), this would have been a non-event.

Oh, I'm sorry - it WAS a non event. Weren't people actually supposed to show up for these parties?

Fail.

It was not an anti Obama rally, it was tax paying citizens fed up with the Government's massive spending habits.

FORD
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
It was not an anti Obama rally, it was tax paying citizens fed up with the Government's massive spending habits.

I guess nobody told this Limpdick "Operation KKKhaos" assclown......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phrFtnurI6w&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phrFtnurI6w&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ULTRAMAN VH
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Why don't some of these infantile whiners protest this?:

Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes
Report Says Most Corporations Pay No Federal Income Taxes; Lawmakers Blame Loopholes
By JENNIFER C. KERR Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON

Two-thirds of U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 and 2005, according to a new report from Congress.

The study by the Government Accountability Office, expected to be released Tuesday, said about 68 percent of foreign companies doing business in the U.S. avoided corporate taxes over the same period.

Collectively, the companies reported trillions of dollars in sales, according to GAO's estimate.

"It's shameful that so many corporations make big profits and pay nothing to support our country," said Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., who asked for the GAO study with Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich.

An outside tax expert, Chris Edwards of the libertarian Cato Institute in Washington, said increasing numbers of limited liability corporations and so-called "S" corporations pay taxes under individual tax codes.

"Half of all business income in the United States now ends up going through the individual tax code," Edwards said.

The GAO study did not investigate why corporations weren't paying federal income taxes or corporate taxes and it did not identify any corporations by name. It said companies may escape paying such taxes due to operating losses or because of tax credits.

More than 38,000 foreign corporations had no tax liability in 2005 and 1.2 million U.S. companies paid no income tax, the GAO said. Combined, the companies had $2.5 trillion in sales. About 25 percent of the U.S. corporations not paying corporate taxes were considered large corporations, meaning they had at least $250 million in assets or $50 million in receipts.

The GAO said it analyzed data from the Internal Revenue Service, examining samples of corporate returns for the years 1998 through 2005. For 2005, for example, it reviewed 110,003 tax returns from among more than 1.2 million corporations doing business in the U.S.

Dorgan and Levin have complained about companies abusing transfer prices — amounts charged on transactions between companies in a group, such as a parent and subsidiary. In some cases, multinational companies can manipulate transfer prices to shift income from higher to lower tax jurisdictions, cutting their tax liabilities. The GAO did not suggest which companies might be doing this.

"It's time for the big corporations to pay their fair share," Dorgan said.

————

On the Net:

Government Accountability Office: U.S. Government Accountability Office (U.S. GAO) (http://www.gao.gov)

Copyright © 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=5561455)

Oh, I forgot. They use the money saved on not paying taxes -while doing business and earning most of their profits in the US- to create jobs in India...

Gee, reminds me of Obama's appointees. They didn't pay their taxes either.

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 02:46 PM

Dude, come on. How many anti-Obama signs were being held?

This may have started as a rally against high taxes/spending (which I'm fine with, trust me), but Fox news pundits jumped on it and turned it into a anti-Obama rally. That oughta be obvious to everybody.

And it's fine. I'm all for people protesting what they don't agree with, God knows I've done enough of it myself. But when it's being disguised as a "tea party" and middle to lower class citizens are protesting taxes that the current administration has nothing to do with and yelling at the current president who's actually done what he promised to do by cutting taxes for the middle to lower class, it's just foolish.

People can protest all they like, but they should at least bother to educate themselves as to what they're protesting against.

bueno bob
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I guess nobody told this Limpdick "Operation KKKhaos" assclown......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/phrFtnurI6w&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/phrFtnurI6w&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is absolutely indictive of what the Republican party has debased itself to.

"Obama's a facist!"
"Why is he a facist?"
"I dunno! Rush said so, though!"

I am SO fucking glad I abandoned their bullshit back in the late 80's. I only wish now I'd never bought into it in the first place.

kwame k
04-16-2009, 03:14 PM
This is absolutely indictive of what the Republican party has debased itself to.

"Obama's a facist!"
"Why is he a facist?"
"I dunno! Rush said so, though!"

I am SO fucking glad I abandoned their bullshit back in the late 80's. I only wish now I'd never bought into it in the first place.

Hey, it was the 80's and we were young.

MUSICMANN
04-16-2009, 05:06 PM

This may have started as a rally against high taxes/spending (which I'm fine with, trust me), but Fox news pundits jumped on it and turned it into a anti-Obama rally. That oughta be obvious to everybody.

And it's fine. I'm all for people protesting what they don't agree with, God knows I've done enough of it myself. But when it's being disguised as a "tea party" and middle to lower class citizens are protesting taxes that the current administration has nothing to do with and yelling at the current president who's actually done what he promised to do by cutting taxes for the middle to lower class, it's just foolish.

People can protest all they like, but they should at least bother to educate themselves as to what they're protesting against.

Who do you actually think is gonna have to pay for all this money that the Obama administration keeps printing. Do you actually think the top 1% of this country that make over 250k a year will be able to handle the massive amount of debt that we are in and will have due to the largest spending package in US history.

These protesters were not corporate CEO's that make millions. These people are your next door neighbors and regular working people. It doesn't take alot of imagination to see that the huge amount of debt that we will have, will burden a few generations passed our own.

Say what you will, but this country is more divided than it ever was under the past few administrations. President Obama seems to be using a very Socialist plan to steer this country.

It seems that he is pushing the work hard and succeed and get rich only to have to turn around and give it all away to the people that are no more interested in hard work let alone finding a job.

I live in a area where atleast 90% of the black population probably has never or even knows what a 1040EZ tax form is or looks like, but i can go past the welfare office and they surely know the time it opens.

While i'm on the subject of doing nothing and wanting big government to pay for it all. It's easy to see now after a few months who actually put Obama in the White House. College kids who still suck on their parents tit and have no clue how the real world works. It doesn't take a alot to see that alot of white kids (18 to 25) really want to be black and now they are not only imitating them by following in their music taste as well as dressing like a thug. They want to be given everything and not have to work for nothing.

Now i'm not being racist, just saying what i see everyday in my part of the country.

Kristy
04-16-2009, 05:57 PM
I guess nobody told this Limpdick "Operation KKKhaos" assclown.

So that's what all this so-called patriotic "tea-bagging" is all about: racism, ignorance, and grand stupidity all delivered by a obese redneck with no more than 10th grade education.Thanks Ford for reminding me what conversation has become in this country.

On a plus note it was a bit refreshing to see a reporter actually not bend to such baseball wearing cap inanity.

ZahZoo
04-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmmm I've read quite a bit about these protests and who organized them.

Yeah Fox News got involved and broadcast several popular shows along with this. They didn't organize... they capitalized on it from a broadcasting perspective.

From everything I can see outside the fanatical crap. This was not a Republican led nor hosted thing. People from both parties do not like the huge spending that's gone on during the Bush administration and jacked up even more under Obama.

Ford and others can call all these Americans idiots... but it doesn't take much education to figure that all of us will be paying for this out of control Federal spending for years to come.

What exactly is wrong with peaceful protest against taxes and federal spending?

Don't try and pull the pending tax hikes card that they won't effect me so don't whine. These tax increases will directly impact me. I just finished coughing up 28&#37; of my income and that rate will go up under Congress & Obama's tax plans. I'm far from being a millionare.

People were protesting personal taxes. How does it make them idiots if they don't protest corporate taxes. A citizen has a right and liberty to do with their earnings as they see fit.

Y'all calling these Americans idiots and fools for a peaceful protest. Please tell me how much you enjoy paying taxes and look forward to paying even more in the near future??

Who's the idiots?

WACF
04-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Yeah Fox News got involved and broadcast several popular shows along with this. They didn't organize... they capitalized on it from a broadcasting perspective.

From everything I can see outside the fanatical crap. This was not a Republican led nor hosted thing. People from both parties do not like the huge spending that's gone on during the Bush administration and jacked up even more under Obama.

Ford and others can call all these Americans idiots... but it doesn't take much education to figure that all of us will be paying for this out of control Federal spending for years to come.

Don't try and pull the pending tax hikes card that they won't effect me so don't whine. These tax increases will directly impact me. I just finished coughing up 28% of my income and that rate will go up under Congress & Obama's tax plans. I'm far from being a millionare.

People were protesting personal taxes. How does it make them idiots if they don't protest corporate taxes. A citizen has a right and liberty to do with their earnings as they see fit.

Y'all calling these Americans idiots and fools for a peaceful protest. Please tell me how much you enjoy paying taxes and look forward to paying even more in the near future??

Who's the idiots?

Plus...

Like anything...the media usuallly seems to gravitate to the idiots...makes for better news.

I will give that CNN reporter props for calling that guy out and try and make him back up his view.

If that was in Canada...and someone in the crowd yelled PM Harper was a fascist...the CBC or CTV would not question why...they would just let it go.

You should see the nut jobs we get giving their two cents on the national news.

Kristy
04-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Who's the idiots?

Personally, I'm not generalizing this protest simply based upon the mindset of what was really a anti-Obama rally (and don't shit yourself that it wasn't). Not once do I look forward to paying taxes knowing that most of it will be wasted but when a demonstration has overly racist overtones as a mantle piece than it's hardly "peaceful"

And yes, I felt the same way when the left was calling out Bush as Hitler as well. Fat racist rednecks such as that douchebag can say whatever his micro-cock and brain tell him to but don't tell me his intentions were peaceful only because he didn't pick up a brick and toss it through a bank window.

Blaze
04-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I can't get past the tea-bagging brand... They could be saving kittens from being sex slaves of Thomes... and I would still ten minutes later be going WTF? tea-bagging?

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Gee, reminds me of Obama's appointees. They didn't pay their taxes either.

Way to address the issue. Actually, they did.

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Who do you actually think is gonna have to pay for all this money that the Obama administration keeps printing. Do you actually think the top 1% of this country that make over 250k a year will be able to handle the massive amount of debt that we are in and will have due to the largest spending package in US history.

These protesters were not corporate CEO's that make millions. These people are your next door neighbors and regular working people. It doesn't take alot of imagination to see that the huge amount of debt that we will have, will burden a few generations passed our own.

Right. They were the retards that actually received a tax break under Obama, and are so fucking ill-informed, that they regularly vote against their own self-interests due mainly to lobbying by said corporate interests, and their incessant belief in the same old cliche aphorisms...

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 07:48 PM

Don't try and pull the pending tax hikes card that they won't effect me so don't whine. These tax increases will directly impact me. I just finished coughing up 28&#37; of my income and that rate will go up under Congress & Obama's tax plans. I'm far from being a millionare.

Who's the idiots?

The idiots are the people that just suddenly noticed gov't spending when a Democrat had been elected, and completely ignored deficit spending under Reagan and Bush...

The same people that apparently don't realize that one of the reasons they cough up nearly 30% of their income is because the wealthiest 5% cough up less than half of that, and that many corporations pay NO federal taxes...

swage33
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey Nick....where does the middle class's money come from? The source of that money gets breaks....as it should.

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Nick....where does the middle class's money come from? The source of that money gets breaks....as it should.

I don't know? Where does it come from?

swage33
04-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know? Where does it come from?

Really, Nick?

FORD
04-16-2009, 09:14 PM
The "source" of the money is the workers, Cletus.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Lord Vader, there were just as many derogatory Bush signs swinging in the air as there were Obama signs. The protesters were clearly displaying anger with both parties. Did you honestly think CNN was going to approach and question a protester with a Bush Sucks! sign.

swage33
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
The "source" of the money is the workers, Cletus.

Wrong, wise one. The middle class get their money from the rich.

FORD
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Lord Vader, there were just as many derogatory Bush signs swinging in the air as there were Obama signs. The protesters were clearly displaying anger with both parties. Did you honestly think CNN was going to approach and question a protester with a Bush Sucks! sign.

Got pictures?

I've seen pics from teabaggers all over the country, and apart from the obvious counter-protest signs like "Glenn Beck: American Idiot", the signs were clearly dominated by Obama hating, FAUX deluded, Limbaughts.

Nickdfresh
04-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Actually, it's the other way around...

FORD
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM

Absolutely wrong, Cletus.

Because the rich produce NOTHING. You're in West Virginia, so we'll take the coal mines for an example. If every miner walked off the job tomorrow, that coal mine becomes just another hole in the ground. And the rich fucks who own the mine wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to change that fact.

Wealth comes from work. From producing something. And that's what's wrong with this country, is that nearly nothing is produced here anymore. So you have an artificial economy based on Wall Street criminals swindling each other (and all of them swindling us in the process) but none of them producing a single fucking thing.

swage33
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Absolutely wrong, Cletus.

Because the rich produce NOTHING. You're in West Virginia, so we'll take the coal mines for an example. If every miner walked off the job tomorrow, that coal mine becomes just another hole in the ground. And the rich fucks who own the mine wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to change that fact.

Wealth comes from work. From producing something. And that's what's wrong with this country, is that nearly nothing is produced here anymore. So you have an artificial economy based on Wall Street criminals swindling each other (and all of them swindling us in the process) but none of them producing a single fucking thing.

POWER TO THE WORKERS! STRAIGHT FROM THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO! Ford's true bible. The rich fucks that owned that mine would still be RICH FUCKS! The workers that walked off would SURRENDER THEIR CLASS DUE TO THE NEED OF GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE! THOSE MIDDLE CLASS MINERS WOULD BECOME IMPOVERISHED. The hole in the ground would remain and the rich fucks that owned it would find something else to do with their money. The philosophy you have embraced is fundamentally flawed. Places in the world where it appears to work are those that bask in the protection of the USA. If we had no need to fund a military we could pursue all of your wackydoo utopian ideas.

Reduce the masses to the lowest common denominator, defeat achievers and topple the elite. The liberal philosophy....the socialist philosophy.

FORD
04-16-2009, 10:28 PM
POWER TO THE WORKERS! STRAIGHT FROM THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO! Ford's true bible. The rich fucks that owned that mine would still be RICH FUCKS!

How did they become rich fucks in the first place?

The workers that walked off would SURRENDER THEIR CLASS DUE TO THE NEED OF GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE! THOSE MIDDLE CLASS MINERS WOULD BECOME IMPOVERISHED.

Indeed they would. But if you could teleport a coal mine to China, odds are that these miners would already be out of a job. It's kinda hard to outsource that particular industry. Unfortunately, it's also a dirty obsolete form of energy, and eventually will be phased out of existence. Unless someone finds a way to make that "Clean Coal" pipe dream a reality, and even then they would still have to stop this practice of raping entire mountain tops.

The hole in the ground would remain and the rich fucks that owned it would find something else to do with their money. The philosophy you have embraced is fundamentally flawed. Places in the world where it appears to work are those that bask in the protection of the USA. If we had no need to fund a military we could pursue all of your wackydoo utopian ideas.

If we pursued my "wackydoo utopian ideas" we wouldn't need so large of a military budget. Because we wouldn't have to steal resources from other countries, or perpetuate a "defense" industry to make weapons.

Reduce the masses to the lowest common denominator, defeat achievers and topple the elite. The liberal philosophy....the socialist philosophy.

If by "elite" you mean people with names like Rockefeller, Rothschild, Bush and yes, even Kennedy, who are living off of money their great grandparents made, then you're absolutely right. We don't need "royalty" in this country. Tax the leeches out of existence and let their offspring work like anyone else. Maybe then they'll pay a little more attention to where all the living wage jobs have gone?

swage33
04-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Indeed they would. But if you could teleport a coal mine to China, odds are that these miners would already be out of a job. It's kinda hard to outsource that particular industry. Unfortunately, it's also a dirty obsolete form of energy, and eventually will be phased out of existence. Unless someone finds a way to make that "Clean Coal" pipe dream a reality, and even then they would still have to stop this practice of raping entire mountain tops.

Have you ever been on a reclaimed mountaintop? It's fucking beautiful. It's a green plateau on top of the world and it takes some doin to get up there. I would live on one of those if I could. It is a dirty form of energy, I agree. But, with the broad stroke that villifies all hydrocarbons, there is little hope of coal gassification becoming a reality. That could save the industry and a shitload of jobs. This move to "green energy" stresses all of the jobs it will create but doesn't address all of the jobs it will kill and communities along with it. Accentuate the positive, ignore the negative. A little honesty, please.

FORD
04-16-2009, 11:08 PM
No thanks, I prefer my mountains as they were originally designed. Though around here, the mountains occasionally redesign themselves.....

http://media.kval.com/images/mount_helens_split.jpg

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Crazy right wing bastards.....

http://ginacobb.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2c6053ef011168f9fa96970c-500wi

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 12:19 AM
More crazy right wingers. They actually are against socialism....Go figure.

http://sfcmac.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/green-bay-tea-party-picture.jpg

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 12:26 AM
The original tax protesters? What the heck were they thinking? Must have been listening to right wing propaganda......Yeah.

http://www.britishbattles.com/images/Archibald-M-Willard-The-Spi.jpg

kwame k
04-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Crazy right wing bastards.....

http://ginacobb.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2c6053ef011168f9fa96970c-500wi

Not so much the kids but whichever kid's parents made the piggy bank sign.......pretty much. Here's the website Right Wing Nut Job (http://www.rwnj.org)

Ironic, don't ya think.

kwame k
04-17-2009, 12:31 AM
More crazy right wingers. They actually are against socialism....Go figure.

http://sfcmac.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/green-bay-tea-party-picture.jpg

So when Bush did the TARP bailouts and bought Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, that wasn't socialism?:pullinghair:

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Not so much the kids but whichever kid's parents made the piggy bank sign.......pretty much. Here's the website Right Wing Nut Job (http://www.rwnj.org)

BTW it's called Right Wing Nut Job, ironic, don't ya think.

The point is the kids already owe thousands of bucks Kwame. Don't much care for the website dba.

Government spending is out of hand. Wake up friend.

FORD
04-17-2009, 12:44 AM
The point is the kids already owe thousands of bucks Kwame. .

And why is that? Because the BCE spent trillions on useless wars that had nothing to do with the United States of America.

kwame k
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
The point is the kids already owe thousands of bucks Kwame. Don't much care for the website dba.

The point all of you guys seem to gloss over is Obama didn't create the mess we are in and
When Bush took office, the national debt was $5.73 trillion. When he left, it was $10.7 trillion. That's a difference of $4.97 trillion

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 12:59 AM
The point all of you guys seem to gloss over is Obama didn't create the mess we are in and

You guys? What does that mean?

When have I blamed Obama? I've posted here many times K. Show me the quote.

It's lifers in Congress bro, both sides....And it's reaching the tipping point.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:05 AM
And why is that? Because the BCE spent trillions on useless wars that had nothing to do with the United States of America.

More of the Bush family blame game Ford? That's a surprise. Time to get some new material.

kwame k
04-17-2009, 01:07 AM
You guys? What does that mean?

When have I blamed Obama? I've posted here many times K. Show me the quote.

It's lifers in Congress bro, both sides....And it's reaching the tipping point.

You guys was a blanket statement. Like throwing around Socialism. We are in this mess because the last 8 years of unbridled greed, fear mongering and unjustified war.

I don't like the fact that the road we are heading down has the potential of leaving our children with debt that they can never pay back but I'm getting sick of hearing this shit like Socialism and all the other crap.

Obama's been President for how long? We haven't even had a chance to see if his emergency policies will help or not.

sadaist
04-17-2009, 01:12 AM

No, but he's in charge now. And many people disagree with his choice of direction to solve it, believing it's going to make a bad situation horribly worse. Another problem is that a lot of the people that helped create the current situation are still in power as the ones to solve it. That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't like the fact that the road we are heading down has the potential of leaving our children with debt that they can never pay back but I'm getting sick of hearing this shit like Socialism and all the other crap.

But that's what it is K. I don't like it any more than you do.

kwame k
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM
No, but he's in charge now. And many people disagree with his choice of direction to solve it, believing it's going to make a bad situation horribly worse. Another problem is that a lot of the people that helped create the current situation are still in power as the ones to solve it. That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Fixing our crumbling infrastructure, giving a tax break to the middle class, finding a way for affordable health care, getting us out of Iraq, and trying to regulate and fix the first round of Bush's TARP giveaways and on and on......not bad for a guy that's only been in office less than 3 months.

Let's see how many vacations had Bush taken in his first 3 months in office?

kwame k
04-17-2009, 01:22 AM
But that's what it is K. I don't like it any more than you do.

It started under Bush and a better case could be made that we were under a Socialist System during the Bush's Administration. Worse when you factor in crimes against our Constitution and the American People.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:24 AM
It started under Bush and a better case could be made that we were under a Socialist System during the Bush's Administration. Worse when you factor in crimes against our Constitution and the American People.

Quit blaming Bush. Wake up man!!! Think for yourself.....Don't follow the lemmings K.

kwame k
04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Quit blaming Bush. Wake up man!!!

Who the fuck should I blame. The guy in office for 8 fucking years or the guy in office for 3 months. Come on now. Some of Obama's plans for putting this country back on track are solid and all I hear is the fucking bleating of......it's Socialism, it's Socialism. Give me a fucking break.

FORD
04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
More of the Bush family blame game Ford? That's a surprise. Time to get some new material.

Statement of fact. The BCE started wars in Afghanistan and Iraq without any valid reason for doing so. These occupations have cost trillions.

Whom would you blame for that, if not the BCE?

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Who the fuck should I blame.

Hey--blame yourself for continuing to vote in big spenders in Congress?

That is---if you vote for big government spenders.

sadaist
04-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Give me a fucking break.

ONE BREAK....COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7P1d8BVvY-I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7P1d8BVvY-I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Whom would you blame for that, if not the BCE?

Look in the mirror.

FORD
04-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Look in the mirror.

I did all I could do (within the law) to oppose that shit. I have nothing to blame myself for.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 02:08 AM
I did all I could do (within the law) to oppose that shit. I have nothing to blame myself for.

Fair enough. Point taken.

Blaming Bush for all that you have, is, in my opinion....Weak and flawed.

The next 4 years will prove my point---we'll see.

Big Train
04-17-2009, 02:21 AM
But aren't to Daddy Warbucks that brags about making tons of bling...

Are you a martyr now?

Yes fuckface and I'm proud of it. Maybe someday you'll learn how to make a buck or possibly want to try...

I work hard for what I have and I enjoy it. Martyr no. Hostage may be phrasing it more accurately.

Big Train
04-17-2009, 02:35 AM

The problem I see with that is that your missing the point. His SOLUTION to the Bush years is worse than the problem. Papering it over hoping it will ignite some imaginary boom without addressing the underlying fundamentals is my problem with Obama. He is a true empty suit.

While this tax protest was full of TMZ worthy reporting, the basic point is that government is out of control with funding itself. Left or right doesn't matter, nor who started it, it is a cheap distortion. More and more people in the middle, myself included, find it unacceptable to continue on this reckless path.

These are common taxpayers who feel their view and vote are not being considered anymore.

FORD
04-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Mike Malloy takes a call from Ron the Teabagger.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/grJMeVAlzpY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/grJMeVAlzpY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I8OU812
04-17-2009, 04:17 AM
These are common taxpayers who feel their view and vote are not being considered anymore.

Hey brother, thats called being in the minority. The 49%. I'm sure those people weren't bitching that the other side wasn't well represented a few years ago. After 8 years of having your views answered, being on the other side generally sucks. It's a shit sandwich we all taste when our guy doesn't win. It's supposed to suck. Such as is with life. Except son of a bitch, the new guy's plan hasn't really had time to kick in, so give the motherfucker a break!

I especially loved the signs saying "Stop raising my taxes, bro" held by all the white guys at the rally. I'm sure he never called Dubya "bro".

hideyoursheep
04-17-2009, 05:10 AM
To all of you who say this isn't an anti-Obama protest, show me one example of conservatives protesting the out of control spending of the past 8 years.

I agree with Combat Ready...it IS the lifer fucks so plugged into living off the lobbyists that our country is being run by greedy corporations, not by the peeps. Yes, both parties are guilty. Reed, Pelosi, you listening? :fighting0043:

Obama's battle-cry of change was the slogan of one man, not an entire government...wake up and break off these do-nothing representatives who never vote in the nation's best interest, but only to further the agenda of whatever entity pays them the most.

2 years ago there were more people paying taxes than there are now simply because there were more employed than there are now. Anyone well enough off to pay their share ought to do so without complaining. It could be worse, and it just might get that way before it's over.

BTW....anyone know the amount of debt this country had after the Reagan/ Bush era?

How long did it take to get a surplus for W to flush down the toilet? I'm too lazy to look that one up...

BT, you selfish cunt! How dare you complain NOW about taxes....did you genuinely give a shit how your money was being spent before this April 15th?
Everybody who works for a living works hard, jagoff.
It's probably the only capacity in which you ever gave service to this country.
You have no reason to cry so STFU with that bullshit!!!:fufu:

:rant:

sadaist
04-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Anyone well enough off to pay their share ought to do so without complaining.

My complaints come from two things...what my "fair" share is, and what that gets spent on. And it's our right as taxpayers to complain about these things. But I DO pay them, even though I complain. (rather than finding some loopholes to dodge them). There comes a point where the taxation gets to a place where we just don't have anything left over.

It's not just federal. State, local, sales tax, car tax, gas tax, tax on every utility, good, item, food, drink, etc... Yet when the people receiving those taxes run out, they say they need more or they have to cut police, firemen & schools. Why are those the first three things they would have to cut? Scare tactics.

Taxed you when you earn it
Taxed when you spend it
Taxed if what's leftover buys any real property
Taxed if what's leftover earns anything
Taxed more if you work hard to earn more
Taxed if you give away what's left when you die, then the beneficiaries get taxed if they spend any of that

At some point, we have to stop and say HEY! WTF are you guys spending all this money on? How much is enough?

I8OU812
04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
I am all for protesting if they protest more with statistics and information, and less on showing Obama's photo with the words "Socialist" and with him wearing "Communist" regalia. Fuckin' idiots.

Keep it intellectual. There's nothing wrong with being smrt.

Nickdfresh
04-17-2009, 08:24 AM
The original tax protesters? What the heck were they thinking? Must have been listening to right wing propaganda......Yeah.

http://www.britishbattles.com/images/Archibald-M-Willard-The-Spi.jpg

Right, you mean Washington that crushed an anti-tax rebellion in 1794?

And they weren't "protesting" taxes, they were protesting paying taxes without representation. That myth was already disposed of in this thread...

ZahZoo
04-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Personally, I'm not generalizing this protest simply based upon the mindset of what was really a anti-Obama rally (and don't shit yourself that it wasn't). Not once do I look forward to paying taxes knowing that most of it will be wasted but when a demonstration has overly racist overtones as a mantle piece than it's hardly "peaceful"

And yes, I felt the same way when the left was calling out Bush as Hitler as well. Fat racist rednecks such as that douchebag can say whatever his micro-cock and brain tell him to but don't tell me his intentions were peaceful only because he didn't pick up a brick and toss it through a bank window.

Of what the media chose to put on-screen... I really didn't see nor hear anything with racial overtones from these things.

If you're going to assume every motivation for having a negative opinion of something happening associated with the White House is racially movtivated just because a half-black guy sits in the big chair... I'd suggest removing the chip off your shoulder and locate some objectivity.

ZahZoo
04-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Who the fuck should I blame. The guy in office for 8 fucking years or the guy in office for 3 months. Come on now. Some of Obama's plans for putting this country back on track are solid and all I hear is the fucking bleating of......it's Socialism, it's Socialism. Give me a fucking break.

It's undeniable that a good portion of the current deficit was incurred during the Bush administration. Facts are facts.

I am concerned about some of the plans and dispersements of tax dollars by the Obama administration. I honestly don't believe we can spend our way out of this mess. But... it's too early to tell if Obama's team's plans will achieve the goals or not.

The hard part I'm having is with the common sense logic of... if you're in financial trouble you spend more.

Who to blame?

IMO blame everyone who holds an elected office in Washington despite party affiliation. No matter which party I don't believe we have the best people managing the country's business.

Beyond that... I blame Wall Street and the big banks. Of the largest corporations that are failing I blame their board of directors and executives for years of poor management. Especially the auto industry. That is a combination of both the business and the unions.

WACF
04-17-2009, 10:00 AM

Very good point...

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2009, 10:21 AM
What really strikes me, the more I watch the various interviews from the different locations, is the racist rhetoric...

Not from everyone mind you, but well over half, either with their words or their signs....

Big Train
04-17-2009, 11:06 AM
To all of you who say this isn't an anti-Obama protest, show me one example of conservatives protesting the out of control spending of the past 8 years.

I agree with Combat Ready...it IS the lifer fucks so plugged into living off the lobbyists that our country is being run by greedy corporations, not by the peeps. Yes, both parties are guilty. Reed, Pelosi, you listening? :fighting0043:

Obama's battle-cry of change was the slogan of one man, not an entire government...wake up and break off these do-nothing representatives who never vote in the nation's best interest, but only to further the agenda of whatever entity pays them the most.

2 years ago there were more people paying taxes than there are now simply because there were more employed than there are now. Anyone well enough off to pay their share ought to do so without complaining. It could be worse, and it just might get that way before it's over.

BTW....anyone know the amount of debt this country had after the Reagan/ Bush era?

How long did it take to get a surplus for W to flush down the toilet? I'm too lazy to look that one up...

BT, you selfish cunt! How dare you complain NOW about taxes....did you genuinely give a shit how your money was being spent before this April 15th?
Everybody who works for a living works hard, jagoff.
It's probably the only capacity in which you ever gave service to this country.
You have no reason to cry so STFU with that bullshit!!!:fufu:

:rant:

Obama is the face of the party and the general leader of the direction we are heading in. So yes, in essence it is a protest against him and that direction. Again, what is so bad about that? If people throw in other issues they disagree with about him, so be it. He wanted to play ball, this is what he gets.

And yes, I did give a fuck during the Bush Years and the Clinton Years and the previous Bush Years and the Reagan Years. You can STFU yourself there about what I can and can't be upset about. I bust my ass and I'm overcharged. I would say that with most people who are taxed in this country, regardless of what they make. This isn't about me, nor did I say it was. Nick threw that out there not me.

The debt thing isn't new, the over taxation isn't new. It has just reached titanic proportions. While I agree it did grow way to much over the Bush years (are you happy when I spell out the obvious for you?), I'm much more unhappy with the decision to paper over it. Things need to run their course. It's the price to be paid to right the ship. Spending and stimulus only burdens future generations more. I'm not too selfish to see that isn't right. I wish more people could see that.

BTW, I agree with you about the lifers in Congress. Most of these loopholes were voted on by the lifers for those campaign dollars.

Big Train
04-17-2009, 11:09 AM
What really strikes me, the more I watch the various interviews from the different locations, is the racist rhetoric...

Not from everyone mind you, but well over half, either with their words or their signs....

Example?

I didn't see any KKK action out there, even shown through the lenses of CNN or MSNBC which would LOVE that.

Nickdfresh
04-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Obama is the face of the party and the general leader of the direction we are heading in. So yes, in essence it is a protest against him and that direction. Again, what is so bad about that? If people throw in other issues they disagree with about him, so be it. He wanted to play ball, this is what he gets.

And yes, I did give a fuck during the Bush Years and the Clinton Years and the previous Bush Years and the Reagan Years. You can STFU yourself there about what I can and can't be upset about. I bust my ass and I'm overcharged. I would say that with most people who are taxed in this country, regardless of what they make. This isn't about me, nor did I say it was. Nick threw that out there not me.

The debt thing isn't new, the over taxation isn't new. It has just reached titanic proportions. .....

Have both reached "titanic proportions," or has the debt reached "titanic proportions?"

Va Beach VH Fan
04-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Example?

I didn't see any KKK action out there, even shown through the lenses of CNN or MSNBC which would LOVE that.

Don't have to have a hood to be a racist, buddy....

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/Obama1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/ferr3816/obama2.jpg

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:23 PM

That is a great point. There were no similar protests in the Bush years. There should have been.

The Republicans paid for their reckless spending and hypocrisy and got their asses kicked on Election Day.

Just because the Bush administration spent gazillions is no reason that the Obama administration should up the ante and add to deficit spending at such an alarming rate. Jesus--at the current rate....Obama will make us want to return to the Bush rate of spending. It's getting worse--not better.

Each side continues to blame the other while the fiasco keeps getting worse.

I think some folks miss the point and see this as a conservative only issue. In time, I think that assumption will be proven wrong.

The issue aint going away anytime soon. Could play a huge role in the mid-term elections. That would not be a bad thing, in my opinion.

FORD
04-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Example?

Listen to that Mike Malloy clip I posted. That teabagger was "afraid" of Obama because he thought he would have a "vendetta". This is exactly the language that was used during last year's campaign by racist fucks who believed that President Obama (or probably ANY black President) would somehow "enslave the White Race" to get back at them for 400 years of slavery & oppression of the African-Americans. And morons like Glenn BecKKK and Michael the Savage Weiner have been spinning that crap also. And then there's Alex Jones, who thinks it won't necessarily race based slavery, but that we'll all be slaves to the Global New World Order.

Some of the teabaggers were actually holding up signs with "slavery" references.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:34 PM

Yeah--there are crazy fuckers in every crowd...Big deal.

The majority of the folks are good, hard working Americans. People who value their freedom and don't want huge taxes and huge Federal Government spending. Folks who don't want their kids saddled with debt.

A typical tactic of the left is to attempt to marginalize the issue and focus on individual imperfection. There is never a shortage 'cause nobody is perfect.

The issue is runaway taxes and spending....Not a few knuckleheads in the crowd.

The protestors are on the correct side of the issue...Without a doubt.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Listen to that Mike Malloy clip I posted. That teabagger was "afraid" of Obama because he thought he would have a "vendetta". This is exactly the language that was used during last year's campaign by racist fucks who believed that President Obama (or probably ANY black President) would somehow "enslave the White Race" to get back at them for 400 years of slavery & oppression of the African-Americans. And morons like Glenn BecKKK and Michael the Savage Weiner have been spinning that crap also. And then there's Alex Jones, who thinks it won't necessarily race based slavery, but that we'll all be slaves to the Global New World Order.

Some of the teabaggers were actually holding up signs with "slavery" references.

A perfect example of the blame game Ford. You are the king of partisan political spin. Of course, you are not alone....Most voters are just like you--blaming the "other" side for all of their problems. That "is" the problem.

FORD
04-17-2009, 01:45 PM
The protestors are on the correct side of the issue...Without a doubt.

The protestors are on the wrong side of the issue, because they have been lied to about what the issue IS.

Barack Obama will not raise their taxes. He will not raise your taxes. Mush Limpdick and Glenn BecKKK WILL pay more taxes, as well they SHOULD. Because the Chimpy tax "cuts" for tax dodging millionaires were a mistake from day one.

What cracks me up is the people with signs using an image of Ronald Reagan in blatant plagarization of the famous Obama posters. Because Reagan's tax "cuts" for the tax dodging millionaires were actually less than Chimpy's!

Really, we need to roll back the Reagan tax "cuts" as well. If it were up to me, we'd roll back the JFK tax "cuts". Eisenhower had it about right.

See.... I just admitted JFK fucked up. How non-partisan was that?

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 02:07 PM
The protestors are on the wrong side of the issue

We disagree 100%.

Barack Obama will not raise their taxes. He will not raise your taxes. Mush Limpdick and Glenn BecKKK WILL pay more taxes, as well they SHOULD. Because the Chimpy tax "cuts" for tax dodging millionaires were a mistake from day one.

More partisan rhetoric.

What cracks me up is the people with signs using an image of Ronald Reagan in blatant plagarization of the famous Obama posters. Because Reagan's tax "cuts" for the tax dodging millionaires were actually less than Chimpy's!

If there were a chimpy or monkey sign at the rally, you guys would be crying racism all day long. Oh yeah---a couple of you already are....Lol.:hee:

See.... I just admitted JFK fucked up. How non-partisan was that?

How gracious of you to admit that you THINK someone fucked up. I think JFK was correct.

Are you saying that you're not a partisan left-winger?

FORD
04-17-2009, 02:28 PM
It's a case of simple mathematics. When the rich paid their fair share of taxes, this country was prosperous. When they started getting ridiculous tax "cuts" (along with their numerous loopholes) that's when the country started falling apart. Which began with the Reagan tax "cuts" in 1981, and accelerated with the Chimpy tax cuts in 2001.

Now there's more to it than that, such as the massive deregulation, corporatist friendly trade policies, etc. But the fact that the rich do not pay their fair share of the tax burden is a HUGE part of the problem.

And there's nothing "partisan" about acknowledging that reality.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
It's a case of simple mathematics. When the rich paid their fair share of taxes, this country was prosperous. When they started getting ridiculous tax "cuts" (along with their numerous loopholes) that's when the country started falling apart. Which began with the Reagan tax "cuts" in 1981, and accelerated with the Chimpy tax cuts in 2001.

Now there's more to it than that, such as the massive deregulation, corporatist friendly trade policies, etc. But the fact that the rich do not pay their fair share of the tax burden is a HUGE part of the problem.

How are the individual States doing with sky high taxation? California and New York for starters?

FORD
04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
A lot of states had to raise their taxes to make up for what the Chimpy tax "cuts" for tax dodging millionaires cost them.

In Washington state, we have a Repuke asshat who puts these stupid ballot measures out every year or two. The teabagger types read the misleading ballot title which will be something like "Should yearly car license tabs be only $30 for everybody?".

Well sure. Who wouldn't want that?

Except the revenue that comes from those licensing fees goes to maintain and improve the roads. And it goes to maintain existing transit systems, as well as expanding them for better service. Which in turn lightens the burden on the roads, as commuting by bus or light rail becomes a practical solution for more people.

Well guess what? The teabaggers never read past the headline, the stupid ballot measure passed. Tim Eyman got a brand new Cadillac Escalade from the GOP as payment for "services rendered" and the citizens of Washington state got rapidly deteriorating roads and highways, because the money to fix them no longer exists.

A friend of mine was doing pretty well for himself at the time. He owned his own business up in Bellevue. He owned a couple of expensive cars, and was paying higher annual fees for the tabs as a result. Just the type who would benefit from Eyman's bullshit initiative.

But he voted against it. Why? Because he had to drive 405 and 520 to get to work like thousands of others. And expensive cars don't ride much better than cheap cars on shitty roads. And I haven't had the opportunity to ask Bill Gates, but I'd bet he voted against it as well, because the "richest man on the planet" (and his lawyer/lobbyist dad) are openly in favor of progressive taxation.

Nitro Express
04-17-2009, 03:50 PM

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>M - Th 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220573&title=indignation-populist-uprising'>IndigNation! Populist Uprising '09 - The Enragening</a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:220573' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml'>Daily Show<br/> Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/tagSearchResults.jhtml?term=Clusterf%23%40k+to+the +Poor+House'>Economic Crisis</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com'>Political Humor</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

A real tea party is willing to risk jail time and harsh treatment standing up to a govt. It's not paying your taxes and sending a photo of a raised middle finger instead of a 1040. Standing around the post office carrying a sign is far from a real tax revolt.

Nitro Express
04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
The banker bailout started with Bush and continued under Obama. My question is would McCain do anything differently? Obama is a Democrat and does things with a Democrat flavor but anyone who had a chance to win the presidency would have sold the bailout. That's reality. The problem has been brewing for a long time even before George W. Bush. The American people are getting what they deserve because they let the politicians and bankers get away with it while they were going to get rich overnight in the stock market and real estate. America got stupid and greedy and the politicians and bankers took advantage of it.

Guitar Shark
04-17-2009, 04:03 PM
The American people are getting what they deserve because they let the politicians and bankers get away with it while they were going to get rich overnight in the stock market and real estate. America got stupid and greedy and the politicians and bankers took advantage of it.

I think it's a slightly different problem - the American people have been living beyond their means, and borrowing to maintain standards of living they feel they deserve, for far too long. Now, it has caught up to us with a vengeance.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 06:55 PM
The banker bailout started with Bush and continued under Obama. My question is would McCain do anything differently? Obama is a Democrat and does things with a Democrat flavor but anyone who had a chance to win the presidency would have sold the bailout. That's reality. The problem has been brewing for a long time even before George W. Bush. The American people are getting what they deserve because they let the politicians and bankers get away with it while they were going to get rich overnight in the stock market and real estate. America got stupid and greedy and the politicians and bankers took advantage of it.

Great post Nitro!

FORD
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
McCain was involved with Neil Bush's Savings and Loan fraud. What does that tell you?

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
A lot of states had to raise their taxes to make up for what the Chimpy tax "cuts" for tax dodging millionaires cost them.

In Washington state, we have a Repuke asshat who puts these stupid ballot measures out every year or two. The teabagger types read the misleading ballot title which will be something like "Should yearly car license tabs be only $30 for everybody?".

Well sure. Who wouldn't want that?

Except the revenue that comes from those licensing fees goes to maintain and improve the roads. And it goes to maintain existing transit systems, as well as expanding them for better service. Which in turn lightens the burden on the roads, as commuting by bus or light rail becomes a practical solution for more people.

Well guess what? The teabaggers never read past the headline, the stupid ballot measure passed. Tim Eyman got a brand new Cadillac Escalade from the GOP as payment for "services rendered" and the citizens of Washington state got rapidly deteriorating roads and highways, because the money to fix them no longer exists.

A friend of mine was doing pretty well for himself at the time. He owned his own business up in Bellevue. He owned a couple of expensive cars, and was paying higher annual fees for the tabs as a result. Just the type who would benefit from Eyman's bullshit initiative.

But he voted against it. Why? Because he had to drive 405 and 520 to get to work like thousands of others. And expensive cars don't ride much better than cheap cars on shitty roads. And I haven't had the opportunity to ask Bill Gates, but I'd bet he voted against it as well, because the "richest man on the planet" (and his lawyer/lobbyist dad) are openly in favor of progressive taxation.

I asked about California and New York because their taxes are sky high. Yet, California is bankrupt. More taxes is not the solution. If it were, California would be cruising along with streets paved of gold. Try running a business in California nowadays.

What's a pack of smokes cost in New York....15 bucks? All the extra tax revenue has their state budget in the black? Of course not.

Combat Ready
04-17-2009, 07:09 PM
McCain was involved with Neil Bush's Savings and Loan fraud. What does that tell you?

McCain is another Senate lifer sellout. Fuck McCain.

bueno bob
04-18-2009, 01:57 AM
McCain is another Senate lifer sellout. Fuck McCain.

Vote Kucinich.

:D

Big Train
04-18-2009, 02:10 AM

Gee thanks pal. Thank you for providing proof, which is all I ask for. I had not seen anything stronger than calling him a socialist.

There were some knuckleheads to be sure, but let's not just the group by the fringe. I refrain from that on the other side. And before anyone jumps on this, I'm not condoning those photos or the people in them.

Big Train
04-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Have both reached "titanic proportions," or has the debt reached "titanic proportions?"

I'd say both Nick. The debt was sky high and the decision to issue ever more debt to somehow erase the original debt made it "titanic". The amounts I (and just to be clear, so it isn't derailed to be about me) and everyone else pay is astronomical and it is now going to be much much worse. For me, this isn't a partisan issue. I've been an independent conservative for almost 11 years now and my differences span both parties. They have grown ever more reckless and wasteful.

This recession, financial pain IS the answer. Questioning every cost related to government, what we truly need and what we truly don't. What we really believe in and should fund versus what we don't. This is what private businesses are being forced to do, with layoffs, restructuring and divestitures. This is what people are doing in their personal financial lives as well. The government should be asked to do the same, not expand things. This papering they are doing is just buying them time. Not hard choices are being made truly.

Big Train
04-18-2009, 02:23 AM

So by that logic the country was growing by leaps and bounds in the 1970's under Ford and Carter, right? American cities like NYC were a utopia of prosperity and such?

Big Train
04-18-2009, 02:25 AM
I asked about California and New York because their taxes are sky high. Yet, California is bankrupt. More taxes is not the solution. If it were, California would be cruising along with streets paved of gold. Try running a business in California nowadays.

What's a pack of smokes cost in New York....15 bucks? All the extra tax revenue has their state budget in the black? Of course not.

As an owner of California corporations, I can agree to that. In full.

hideyoursheep
04-18-2009, 04:07 AM
Obama is the face of the party and the general leader of the direction we are heading in. So yes, in essence it is a protest against him and that direction. Again, what is so bad about that? If people throw in other issues they disagree with about him, so be it. He wanted to play ball, this is what he gets. A ship with a busted rudder, broken prop and no fuel...no, not his fault. These protesters want to "play ball" , then they should pick a fuckin' game...they're all over the goddamned place protesting every angle...not just TAXES.

I don't believe you. I don't recall any previous posts by you COMPLAINING.
You bust your ass...You're overcharged...

But it's not about you. :rolleyes:

We all have a beef with what OUR HARD-EARNED MONEY is being spent on.

If you bitch because your yacht might get reposessed, then you can go fuck yourself, cause you get no sympathy.How do you like that?

The debt thing isn't new, the over taxation isn't new. It has just reached titanic proportions. While I agree it did grow way to much over the Bush years (are you happy when I spell out the obvious for you?), I'm much more unhappy with the decision to paper over it. Things need to run their course. It's the price to be paid to right the ship. Spending and stimulus only burdens future generations more. I'm not too selfish to see that isn't right. I wish more people could see that.

This nation has run it's economy on debt lately...I don't understand the new outrage by some...(you included). Obama catches the shitstorm while the real jobbers creeped out the back door late last Jan., and yes, I'm fucking pissed that there's been no investigation to hold these scumbags accountable. Fuck the spineless motherfuckers!

What we need is a President so goddam wealthy that he just doesn't give a shit about who wants to grease his palm, or busy himself with draining the Federal Reserve dry with his and his buddies' war profiteering machine.

Imagine if that money were still available today...would we be that worried?

Where's H. Ross when you need him? Clone that old buzzard before he has a grabber!

BTW, I agree with you about the lifers in Congress. Most of these loopholes were voted on by the lifers for those campaign dollars......You are human? WOw.:D

hideyoursheep
04-18-2009, 04:32 AM
A woman asked Ben Franklin as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, "What did you give us?"

He said, "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

He knew that slavery thing was going to cause problems.

They all did. That's why they freed theirs on the day of their death, like Tom Jefferson, who was addicted to brown sugar, but didn't want his guests bothered with seeing slaves, so he installed hidden panels in his walls that permitted his "servants" to "serve" him without beeing seen......until it was time for Master Thomas to be tucked in..

This country was founded by rich white slave-owners who didn't want to pay taxes.
It's went through some changes over the years, but remained. And it will continue to remain..

**cue "Battle Hymn Of The Republic"**

I think it was Hannah Montana's father Tony, Who said,

"You know what capitalism is?.........getting fucked."

Va Beach VH Fan
04-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Gee thanks pal. Thank you for providing proof, which is all I ask for. I had not seen anything stronger than calling him a socialist.

There were some knuckleheads to be sure, but let's not just the group by the fringe. I refrain from that on the other side. And before anyone jumps on this, I'm not condoning those photos or the people in them.

There are many, many more photos like that one, and worse.... And, to repeat, I realize those idiots are nowhere near the majority of those protesting, just sad to see...

LoungeMachine
04-18-2009, 12:44 PM

:lmao:

Were youasleep from 2001-2006?

Your heroes spent us into this mess. And your biggest expenditure wasn't even on the books, for christs fucking sake.

Us wake up?

:gulp:

YOU wake the fuck up. We've been bitching about this for 8 years now, moron.

Combat Ready
04-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Were youasleep from 2001-2006?

Your heroes spent us into this mess.

My heroes got us into this mess? Bullshit.

It's both sides more or less. Been going on for quite some time. It's getting worse. Reaching the tipping point.....Watch and see.

Big Train
04-18-2009, 12:54 PM
A ship with a busted rudder, broken prop and no fuel...no, not his fault. These protesters want to "play ball" , then they should pick a fuckin' game...they're all over the goddamned place protesting every angle...not just TAXES.

I'm not saying what he was given to work with was his fault. Interesting logic. EVERY protest is like that, it is rare you see a protest that has every last person with a sign on the topic at hand. Perhaps they should have called you for instructions.

I don't believe you. I don't recall any previous posts by you COMPLAINING.
You bust your ass...You're overcharged...

But it's not about you. :rolleyes:

That's fine, I'm not asking you to believe anything. And I don't recall being able to post here during the Reagan years. Maybe you didn't get my faxes on it? Yes I AM overcharged. But you SHEEP are overcharged as well.

We all have a beef with what OUR HARD-EARNED MONEY is being spent on.

No Shit

If you bitch because your yacht might get reposessed, then you can go fuck yourself, cause you get no sympathy.How do you like that?

OK, please show me when and where I complained about anything other than a high tax bill? Also, find where I asked for your sympathy. Stop projecting.

This nation has run it's economy on debt lately...I don't understand the new outrage by some...(you included). Obama catches the shitstorm while the real jobbers creeped out the back door late last Jan., and yes, I'm fucking pissed that there's been no investigation to hold these scumbags accountable. Fuck the spineless motherfuckers!

Where's H. Ross when you need him? Clone that old buzzard before he has a grabber!

H. Ross got my vote. Look I am in agreement about investigations of Congress, let er rip. Investigate all of Congress, most are still there. What really broke it wasn't the stimulus (although that I thought was wasteful), it is the printing of trillions of dollars more, that our kids will have to pay back. We need to clean up our financial house in our time, not theirs. I believe these measure to spend our way out of this mess is the most irresponsible way to fix the problem. Secondly, I don't believe it is a fix, just an extension by burning up the wealth we should have passed on. It is not a fix.

.....You are human? WOw.:D

Some say

LoungeMachine
04-18-2009, 12:58 PM
My heroes got us into this mess? Bullshit.

It's both sides more or less. Been going on for quite some time. It's getting worse. Reaching the tipping point.....Watch and see.

more or less......

Nice try, gump.

Want to compare REPUKE spending over the last 28 years to Dem?

Instead of listening to Rush, do your own research for once.....

Combat Ready
04-18-2009, 01:02 PM

more or less......

Nice try, gump.

Gump? 'Cause I don't agree with your left-wing love-fest?

So you tag me as a right winger? You have no clue. :fufu:

Nickdfresh
04-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I'd say both Nick. The debt was sky high and the decision to issue ever more debt to somehow erase the original debt made it "titanic". The amounts I (and just to be clear, so it isn't derailed to be about me) and everyone else pay is astronomical and it is now going to be much much worse. For me, this isn't a partisan issue. I've been an independent conservative for almost 11 years now and my differences span both parties. They have grown ever more reckless and wasteful.

This recession, financial pain IS the answer. Questioning every cost related to government, what we truly need and what we truly don't. What we really believe in and should fund versus what we don't. This is what private businesses are being forced to do, with layoffs, restructuring and divestitures. This is what people are doing in their personal financial lives as well. The government should be asked to do the same, not expand things. This papering they are doing is just buying them time. Not hard choices are being made truly.

The debt is high because people pay less in taxes, specifically the "investment classes" when you factor in capital gains taxes, then they ever have. Even while Reagan was President...the gov't is also chronically underfunded because of corporate welfare, and the vast skirting of corporate taxes through shelters and other "incentives."

And in a severe recession, it is the gov't's responsibility to minimize and even relieve the harshest effects of the economic downturn through the use of targeted spending...it is that very spending that reloads the economic consumption and is far more effective and efficient than just more "tax cuts" to restart things...

Nickdfresh
04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I asked about California and New York because their taxes are sky high....

The fucking taxes go to pay for the new fucking Yankee Stadium in NYC!

They also provide what is regarded as one of the best educational institutions in the nation and to provide infrastructure. Where I live at least, the high taxes are off-set by affordable real estate, and you'll pay one way or another. But at least we have street lights, curbs, sidewalks, and street lights. Things of basic infrastructure that many places in the South do not have as the result of their nonexistent state taxes and over-reliance on receiving more federal pork than they put into the pot, which is sort of a Red State dirty little secret.

Cali and NY are also the economic engines driving our fading, twilight superpower economy and require constant infrastructure upkeep...

That being said, I do think we have things here that have to change, such as the fact that my moderate sized town I live in has TWO police dept's to service less than 50,000 people. And that friends and family visiting, or coming back in from out of town for the holidays, have commented to me on more than one occasion on the large numbers of police cars they see around as if we're seemingly under martial law here. Yet, when the issue went to vote about 15 years ago, the same super Republican idiots that hate gov't spending of any kind (unless they're in control of everything!) voted against consolidation and to keep two redundant police forces...

Even now I live within cycling distance of four precincts of four different local, county, and state police forces with each cop making at least $40K-$100+K a year...

I have no idea, but you can get them fairly cheap on Indian reservations such as the Seneca ones here...

Big Train
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
The debt is high because people pay less in taxes, specifically the "investment classes" when you factor in capital gains taxes, then they ever have. Even while Reagan was President...the gov't is also chronically underfunded because of corporate welfare, and the vast skirting of corporate taxes through shelters and other "incentives."

And in a severe recession, it is the gov't's responsibility to minimize and even relieve the harshest effects of the economic downturn through the use of targeted spending...it is that very spending that reloads the economic consumption and is far more effective and efficient than just more "tax cuts" to restart things...

You not going to get an argument out of me that all tax breaks to corps. are necessary or productive. I don't believe every last one is and they need to be seriously looked at. By the very same token, it is government's responsibility to look at every single social program and ask if it is really necessary as well. The vast amounts of money we spend on things and the increased amounts Obama has added to the burden really needs to be pared down as well. I don't believe it is government's responsibility to do anything other than provide defense, roads and law enforcement, in it's most basic form. While yes I like safe meat, medicare and the postal service, there are way to many programs wasting untold amounts of tax dollars.

Combat Ready
04-19-2009, 12:21 AM
The fucking taxes go to pay for the new fucking Yankee Stadium in NYC!

I would rather not see my tax dollars subsidizing a private stadium. I assume that New Yorkers voted for it though. Hopefully they'll get some money back.

They also provide what is regarded as one of the best educational institutions in the nation and to provide infrastructure. Where I live at least, the high taxes are off-set by affordable real estate, and you'll pay one way or another. But at least we have street lights, curbs, sidewalks, and street lights. Things of basic infrastructure that many places in the South do not have as the result of their nonexistent state taxes and over-reliance on receiving more federal pork than they put into the pot, which is sort of a Red State dirty little secret.

Right on. Sounds like you're cool with the area. I've never been back to New York. If the local folks are cool with it...Who am I to argue?

I live in the NW 30 minutes from civilization, more or less. Like the "red state south", we have no sidewalks or curbs, street lights...etc...etc. I like it like that though.

Unlike the "red states", we do have very high taxes. My state tax rivals the feds. Dems have been in control for decades.....But that's for another thread.

Cali and NY are also the economic engines driving our fading, twilight superpower economy and require constant infrastructure upkeep...

Agreed for the most part. But--do you think the crazy high tax rates could be contributing to the economic fade? Seriously......

That being said, I do think we have things here that have to change, such as the fact that my moderate sized town I live in has TWO police dept's to service less than 50,000 people. And that friends and family visiting, or coming back in from out of town for the holidays, have commented to me on more than one occasion on the large numbers of police cars they see around as if we're seemingly under martial law here. Yet, when the issue went to vote about 15 years ago, the same super Republican idiots that hate gov't spending of any kind (unless they're in control of everything!) voted against consolidation and to keep two redundant police forces...

Even now I live within cycling distance of four precincts of four different local, county, and state police forces with each cop making at least $40K-$100+K a year......

Sounds like an opportunity to cut the budget right there. The dems outnumber rebubs statewide so what's the prob?

I have no idea, but you can get them fairly cheap on Indian reservations such as the Seneca ones here...

Yeah, but--that kinda' makes my point. Higher tax rates don't result in higher tax revenue collected.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Some say

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NYA9ufivbDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NYA9ufivbDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:umm:

Big Train
04-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Some people say...that was a biased hit piece that solely focused on one network as if the others don't exist or do the exact same thing. I think half of Fox's ratings come from loons who watch it just to see what "scheme" is going on. Which is odd, since your ending up supporting the very thing in which you say you hate.

I myself am not a big network news watcher. I have work to do. If you want to do a hit piece on Drudge, feel free, that's what I check once or twice a day.

Whatever helps you sleep.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Some people say...that was a biased hit piece that solely focused on one network as if the others don't exist or do the exact same thing. I think half of Fox's ratings come from loons who watch it just to see what "scheme" is going on. Which is odd, since your ending up supporting the very thing in which you say you hate.

I myself am not a big network news watcher. I have work to do. If you want to do a hit piece on Drudge, feel free, that's what I check once or twice a day.

Whatever helps you sleep.

"Hit piece"? They do it all the time.

You got work to do.:rolleyes: Go do it.

Why tell me that you're too busy with your so-called life that you needed to POST what you're doing? That's lame.

Your "some say" just reminded me of that old FNC bit I dug up, nothing more.

I spelled it out for you. There. Feel better?

How the fuck does someone as dense as you try to run a business?

Next will come the plugs, I bet.

BTW, my son sells Amway just like you, so don't try to be so full of yourself.

Big Train
04-19-2009, 02:02 PM
"Hit piece"? They do it all the time.

Uh huh, didn't say they didn't (and I'M dense?). Just said the other networks do it to, so why focus on just one if it wasn't a hit piece. Try to learn to read.

You got work to do.:rolleyes: Go do it.

Why tell me that you're too busy with your so-called life that you needed to POST what you're doing? That's lame.

Please tell me where I posted my daily routine? Go ahead show me...again, if you READ anything, I said I tend to look at the Drudge Report and not much network stuff. It was in context of the discussion. Get over yourself.

Your "some say" just reminded me of that old FNC bit I dug up, nothing more.

I spelled it out for you. There. Feel better?

Not really, since it was a retarded tangent.

How the fuck does someone as dense as you try to run a business?

Next will come the plugs, I bet.

BTW, my son sells Amway just like you, so don't try to be so full of yourself.

Look, I have no interest in getting personal with you, nor am I full of myself. I'm gonna take a pass on your baiting here, which serves no real purpose to the dicussion. Try to show a little class and do the same.

FORD
04-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Unbelievable stupidity here..... first zombie woman admits that she would never have even thought of protesting against Bush, and was only here for this one because Glenn BecKKK told her to. Meanwhile the second bitch (whose IQ is clearly lower than her shoe size) actually leaves no doubt what her intentions are..... KILL LIBRULS !1!!!!1!!!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpzeI8sgIHU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpzeI8sgIHU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

(and the irony that these clowns have a Neil Young song written specifically about the corruption of the BCE playing in the background, is amazing in and of itself)

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Look, I have no interest in getting personal with you, nor am I full of myself. I'm gonna take a pass on your baiting here, which serves no real purpose to the dicussion. Try to show a little class and do the same.

Oh, my bad...I know you're busy...:biggrin:

Big Train
04-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh, my bad...I know you're busy...:biggrin:

For your second grade bullshit, most people are..

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM

It's third grade bullshit, and don't you forget it!

FORD
04-20-2009, 02:27 AM
http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/%7Be6a31e70-7fd2-4cd9-89e1-cac324da78c9%7D.gif

Nitro Express
04-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I think it's a slightly different problem - the American people have been living beyond their means, and borrowing to maintain standards of living they feel they deserve, for far too long. Now, it has caught up to us with a vengeance.

Living beyond their means=stupid

Maintain standard of living they feel they deserve=greedy

Basically the American people were willing to become slaves to the financial institutions to live well for a period of time. Now the financial institutions run the govt. because they buy the politicians. They actually create presidents like Hollywood creates stars. It's the same marketing and showbiz. We have puppet presidents now due to a dumbed down public and mass media.

Nitro Express
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/%7Be6a31e70-7fd2-4cd9-89e1-cac324da78c9%7D.gif

The thing is, sure you can use your Sig Saur 9mm to protect yourself from the asshole that broke into your house or use a 338 Winchester Magnum to protect yourself from bears in Alaska.

If there was a revolution and the federal govt. wanted to roll the citizens you better be organized and have standardized weapons and ammunition. Everyone grabbing their Sig, Glock, 1911, AR-15, or Remington 700 is going to kill some people but no way in hell would it last long against government troops.

Unless this is organized at the state level and you get multiple states involved, it's going to be a short show and the govt. will just use it all as an excuse to clamp down more. I think a lot of it is people who don't fit in, are pissed and disturbed and want to die anyways fighting something they hate. they would fit well in Somolia but gee, I bet it would get old quick. :biggrin:

LoungeMachine
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM

And the lawyers.

Let's not forget the lawyers.

Forget AIDS, genocide, or climate change.

Lawyers are the biggest threat to the Earth we have......

BITEYOASS
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I made my own little video of what I think about this whole Tea Bagging Phenomenom that happened last week:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9LaiCImw8qM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9LaiCImw8qM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Va Beach VH Fan
04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
And the lawyers.

Let's not forget the lawyers.

Forget AIDS, genocide, or climate change.

Lawyers are the biggest threat to the Earth we have......

Add religion onto that list, please... :D

Kristy
04-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Too easy of a target.

Nitro Express
04-21-2009, 12:59 AM
My idea of a tea party is a hot tub full of tea and naked women.

FORD
04-21-2009, 01:11 AM
How about a hot tub full of women drunk on Long Island Iced Tea?

sadaist
04-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Add religion onto that list, please... :D

You left out a very important qualifier word..."organized".

FORD
04-21-2009, 01:27 AM
True. Even JC Himself had no use for organized religion.

hideyoursheep
04-21-2009, 03:11 AM
My idea of a tea party is a hot tub full of tea and naked women.

Make mine Long Island iced tea!

Oh, snap! FORD did it up already..