PDA

View Full Version : The new generation of tolerance

Big Train
04-16-2009, 10:24 AM
The Olberman kids are going nuts in NC. Ignoring the first amendment while making a few of their own ("nobody is illegal"), they shut Tancredo down to return the university to it's natural moonbat fair and balanced state. The one where only one kind of thinking exists and dissent is stamped out, sometimes violently.

Protest At UNC Stops Speech, UNC Officials Apologize To Tancredo - Orange County - MyNC.com (http://orange.mync.com/site/orange/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/32025/protest-at-unc-stops-speech-by-tancredo)

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -
UNC-Chapel Hill officials said they do not approve of the way protesters expressed their opposition to former congressman Tom Tancredo's speech on campus Tuesday night.
Tancredo was at UNC to talk about his opposition to in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. In video now circulating on You Tube, it shows hundreds of protesters from several organizations on campus holding signs, loudly chanting and disrupting Tancredo's speech.
Watch YouTube Video Of The Protest
A few minutes into Tancredo's speech, two women held up a large banner in front of him while he was speaking that said "no one is illegal." Not long after, protesters started banging on the windows from the outside of the classroom until one broke. After the window was shatterd,the speech was cancelled but the spectacle spilled outside into the hallway. In the video, you can see both protesters and police pushing each other. Police also used pepper spray attempting to break up the crowd.
Linda Gomaa, a protester at the event, said she was not surprised to see the turnout and said they needed to be loud in order to be heard.
"I don't believe a lot of change in this country have come through debating and being happy and talking to people," Gomaa said.
Gomaa said the protesters felts Tancredo was giving a hate speech against immigrants.
"As a daughter of an immigrant and Muslim, it's ridiculous to me that he wanted to come to campus saying immigrants are ruining our culture," said Gomaa.
However, representatives from the group that brought Tancredo to speak, Youth for Western Civilization, said that is not his stance and they felt the protesters were out of line.
"They were acting like animals," said Riley Matheson, YWC President.
Matheson said he expected opposition on a liberal campus towards a Republican like Tancredo, but not to this extreme.
"They have every right to protest," Matheson said. "They could have just brough in signs, they could have protested outside the classroom."
Matheson said it was appropriate for police to use pepper spray and force to break up the crowd, though Gomaa said it was unnecessary.
Campus police have launched an internal investigation into the way the situation was handled.
Meanwhile, UNC Chancellor Holden Thorp issued a statement on the protest saying he was disappointed in what happend and called Tancredo to apologize.
"Carolina's tradition of free speech is the fundamental part of what has made this place special for more than 200 years," Thorp wrote. "Let's recommit ourselves to that ideal."

LoungeMachine
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
:crickets:

Guitar Shark
04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
The Olberman kids are going nuts in NC. Ignoring the first amendment while making a few of their own ("nobody is illegal"), they shut Tancredo down to return the university to it's natural moonbat fair and balanced state. The one where only one kind of thinking exists and dissent is stamped out, sometimes violently.

Protest At UNC Stops Speech, UNC Officials Apologize To Tancredo - Orange County - MyNC.com (http://orange.mync.com/site/orange/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/32025/protest-at-unc-stops-speech-by-tancredo)

BT, if you live in LA, why are you reading (and why do you care about) a North Carolina newspaper story?

FORD
04-16-2009, 07:30 PM
The fact that a racist piece of shit like Tancredo got a bad reception in a Southern state truly IS a sign of progress.

LoungeMachine
04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
BT, if you live in LA, why are you reading (and why do you care about) a North Carolina newspaper story?

Because Rush did?

:gulp:

Just a guess.....

Big Train
04-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Ah no, I saw it on the Drudge Report actually. Then later I went back , for your benefit in case you missed it, to present here in this forum. Googled it, was the first story to come up. I hope that is ok by you and all, don't want to displease you or fail to justify why I do things and all...

Big Train
04-17-2009, 02:46 AM
The fact that a racist piece of shit like Tancredo got a bad reception in a Southern state truly IS a sign of progress.

Yea, being interrupted and attacked by young thugs who can't calm their lil pussies down to handle an opposing opinion? Yes Ford, clearly that is progress...

LoungeMachine
04-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Ah no, I saw it on the Drudge Report actually. Then later I went back , for your benefit in case you missed it, to present here in this forum. Googled it, was the first story to come up. I hope that is ok by you and all, don't want to displease you or fail to justify why I do things and all...

That's fine.

But did you honestly expect a different response to this thread?

really?

Drudge, well then. Much less biased than Rush. I stand corrected. :D

Big Train
04-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Not really, but it is worth the effort, to me anyway. I'll try to post from the Huffington Post exclusively from now on, to get that non-biased reporting you speak of.

LoungeMachine
04-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Not really, but it is worth the effort, to me anyway. I'll try to post from the Huffington Post exclusively from now on, to get that non-biased reporting you speak of.

See alot of threads from me using the HP as a source, do you?

:rolleyes:

Big Train
04-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Not really, not paying that much attention to them to be honest. I just assume that because your on such a kick about where things are posted from, that HuffPo would naturally be on your "approved reading list" for good bias.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
The Olberman kids are going nuts in NC.

I thought you didn't have the time to pay attention to that kind of journalism...:umm:

This isn't your own opinion, then?

If it is, you lied.

If it isn't, it's meaningless.

Big Train
04-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Who was talking to you?

It is my opinion fuckface. It wasn't in the article, it was my opinion that I posted. I could give less than a shit how you evaluate anything.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Who was talking to you?

You are when you start meaninless threads, knucklehead!

You really are full of shit, you know that?

Big Train
04-19-2009, 08:23 PM
I could care less what you think about me. You have some bent about what you think I am. It isn't my issue to deal with, so fuck off.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I could care less what you think about me. You have some bent about what you think I am. It isn't my issue to deal with, so fuck off.

Meh....calling bullshit when I see it is a virtue, not an issue.

LoungeMachine
04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Who was talking to you?

It is my opinion fuckface. It wasn't in the article, it was my opinion that I posted. I could give less than a shit how you evaluate anything.

It's a PUBLIC message board, idiot.

You want to chat, try Yahoo or RothChats.

You post in this forum, be prepared to accept replies from anyone who chooses to reply...

Don't like it?

Feel free to start another one of your famous GOOD BYE THREADS

Fucking jackass.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
He started a goodbye thread?

That's very unprofessional! :lmao:

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 08:57 PM
You post in this forum, be prepared to accept replies from anyone who chooses to reply...

Or just ignore them...whichever is easier for you.

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Ah no, I saw it on the Drudge Report actually. <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dN823dUu6KA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dN823dUu6KA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

The Drudge Report...:rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I want to slap that bitch in the snotbox with my willie!

ULTRAMAN VH
04-20-2009, 07:56 AM

So let me get this straight, Tancredo is a racist because he like other tax paying citizens are sick and tired of non tax paying illegal aliens, whom are flowing into the country in droves and receiving free health care, education and housing on the taxpayers dime. Nice try Ford, but he is not a racist.

Blaze
04-20-2009, 08:31 AM
The controversy over immigrants and taxes generally centers on illegal immigrants. Reliable numbers are hard to find, but researchers generally agree that 50 to 60 percent of illegal immigrants nationwide work for employers who withhold income taxes and Social Security and Medicare payments from their paychecks. The authors of the Urban Institute study assumed 55 percent do. To get jobs, many of those immigrants use false Social Security numbers. That means they pay into the Social Security system for benefits they will never receive and pay income taxes without ever filing a return to determine whether they have overpaid.

The other 40 to 50 percent of illegal immigrants are paid under the table, researchers say.

But that does not mean that all illegal immigrants -- even those with fake documents -- avoid taxation. Together with immigrants who hold temporary protected status, illegal immigrants in the region paid about $1 billion in taxes in 1999, the study found. That is because there are other taxes unrelated to income: All buyers pay sales tax on new television sets, and tenants generally pay property tax in their rent.

Study: Immigrants Pay Tax Share - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/04/AR2006060400965.html)

Nitro Express
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
The only reason I watch mainstream news is the women are beautiful. Instead of paying attention to what they are saying, I'm just thinking,"Man. I would love to tap her ass."

Nitro Express
04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah. The news mostly makes me think of a bottle of Wesson oil, six chicks, and a bare waterbed mattress. Rush Limbaugh does not do this to me.

hideyoursheep
04-21-2009, 03:09 AM
Yeah. The news mostly makes me think of a bottle of Wesson oil, six chicks, and a bare waterbed mattress. Rush Limbaugh does not do this to me.:biggrin:

2 News Anchors 1 sock!

ULTRAMAN VH
04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Study: Immigrants Pay Tax Share - washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/04/AR2006060400965.html)

Give me a break, your little missive is based on conjecture and speculation. Why don't you ask the citizens of Phoenix what they think of Illegal Aliens.

FORD
04-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Give me a break, your little missive is based on conjecture and speculation. Why don't you ask the citizens of Phoenix what they think of Illegal Aliens.

What do you know about Phoenix, Ultravag? You live in Maryland. Wouldn't that be "conjecture and speculation" on YOUR part?

ULTRAMAN VH
04-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - Phoenix Arizona
February 13, 2009 by national
Filed under Homeland Security News

Brian Ross and ABC News report what officials caution is now a dangerous and even deadly crime wave. Phoenix, Arizona has become the kidnapping capital of America, with more incidents than any other city in the world outside of Mexico City and over 370 cases last year alone. But local authorities say Washington, DC is too obsessed with al Qaeda terrorists to care about what is happening in their own backyard right now.

“We’re in the eye of the storm,” Phoenix Police Chief Andy Anderson told ABC News of the violent crimes and ruthless tactics spurred by Mexico’s drug cartels that have expanded business across the border. “If it doesn’t stop here, if we’re not able to fix it here and get it turned around, it will go across the nation,” he said.

California Attorney General Jerry Brown warned that as the U.S. government focuses so intently on Islamic extremist groups, other types of terrorists – those involved with the same kidnappings, extortion and drug cartels that are sweeping Phoenix – are overlooked.

“Those [criminals], for the average Californian or the average America, may be a more immediate threat to their well being,” Brown said.

In fact, kidnappings and other crimes connected to the Mexican drug cartels are quickly spreading across the border, from Texas to California. The majority of the victims are either illegal aliens or connected to the drug trade.

An ABC News’ investigation uncovered horrific cases of chopped-off hands, legs and heads when a victim’s family doesn’t pay up fast enough.

FORD
04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
So you won't take the Washington Post's word for it, but you will take ABC's?

Yeah, that's logical.

BTW, you're comparing apples and oranges here. Or apples and cactus fruit, since you're bringing up Arizona.

What does this ABC corporate media fear piece have to do with the question of how immigrants who work here contribute to taxes and/or social security?

Drug dealers don't pay taxes regardless of nationality.

And the drug dealer issue could be solved almost instantly, with two words: "Legalize it".

Yeah, all of it. Sure there would be some details to work out, especially on the hard stuff. But it would make street dealers obsolete, wouldn't it?

Big Train
04-23-2009, 12:57 AM

You want to chat, try Yahoo or RothChats.

Don't like it?

Feel free to start another one of your famous GOOD BYE THREADS

Fucking jackass.

Touche Lounge. That statement was heat of the moment. It is getting personal with this pussy for some reason. I say things he doesn't like, he turns into a little girl about it. I turned into one in that post, to fight fire with fire. In fact, I would like very much if he would put me on ignore, so I don't have to engage in discussion with him. Someone else who disagrees with him can change his huggies...

You are a fag too :biggrin:, but I give you credit, we can say fuck you to each other and move on, like men.

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 01:28 AM
It might be the IPA talking, but truth be told, I like and respect you, BT.

I want to throttle you at times, but I have to respect your takes.

homo.

Big Train
04-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Agreed and likewise.

I'm sure that's the El Presidente I'm currently enjoying. 115 in Mexicali yesterday, there were not enough liquids no matter what you were drinking. I'm sure I'm a little off today..

Fag

Dr. Love
04-23-2009, 01:38 AM
It's a shame that we're losing the ability to respectfully listen to a point of view different than our own and addressing it rationally in reasoned debate. I don't mean the Front Line ... we're a lost cause, but I mean the populace.

It seems like any more people protest simply to register disagreement with something in place of actually discussing it. Protests should be used when to start a debate, not to pre-empt one.

The sign of a mature mind is one that can listen to a point of view other than his own without feeling like the action is an endorsement of that idea, and at the end, stand and say 'I disagree' and explain why.

Unfortunately over the last several years the opportunity to do that has been greatly diminished and given rise to a greater protest mentality in cases where it's probably not even required.

Honestly if a university is going to host something like this they should host a forum where people can express different points of view.

FORD
04-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Is there anything a man don't stand to lose,
When the Devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze,
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today.....

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P_NptWQO-F4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P_NptWQO-F4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Big Train
04-23-2009, 01:44 AM
I was there for a funeral, so unfortunately, very appropo for a link Ford.

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 02:08 AM
It's a shame that we're losing the ability to respectfully listen to a point of view different than our own and addressing it rationally in reasoned debate. I don't mean the Front Line ... we're a lost cause, but I mean the populace.

It seems like any more people protest simply to register disagreement with something in place of actually discussing it. Protests should be used when to start a debate, not to pre-empt one.

The sign of a mature mind is one that can listen to a point of view other than his own without feeling like the action is an endorsement of that idea, and at the end, stand and say 'I disagree' and explain why.

Unfortunately over the last several years the opportunity to do that has been greatly diminished and given rise to a greater protest mentality in cases where it's probably not even required.

Honestly if a university is going to host something like this they should host a forum where people can express different points of view.

Bravo.

And it seems like it's only going to get worse, not better.

We're all "digging in" for the most part, but at least many of the bushistas [in here] have come to their senses about what a total clusterfuck the last 8 years were.

But now all they hear is Obama wants to take their guns, raise their taxes, and bring communism to America.

How do you "debate" that mindset?

Dr. Love
04-23-2009, 02:41 AM
Bravo.

And it seems like it's only going to get worse, not better.

We're all "digging in" for the most part, but at least many of the bushistas [in here] have come to their senses about what a total clusterfuck the last 8 years were.

But now all they hear is Obama wants to take their guns, raise their taxes, and bring communism to America.

How do you "debate" that mindset?

It's a cultural thing. I know some people don't like the President but one thing I admire is that he is willing to have an honest intellectual debate. He's willing to be honest and tell things as he sees them and doesn't simplify issues.

I think that's a big start.

Unfortunately a lot of the debate is controlled by people that do still dumb things down and play on people's emotions. When people say they think Obama is going to take their guns, raise their taxes and bring communism to America, you're dealing more with people's emotions than you are their reason.

Until there's a cultural shift away from that sort of thing, it'll be hard. That sort of change is going to take leadership. I watch cable news every night (I check out several different stations) and honestly what I see is a President that is trying to talk to Americans and explain things and act strategically and a GOP that is interested in playing games and behaving tactically, and I think they are doing themselves a huge disservice in the process. The GOP is not a bad party but they are allowing themselves to be dominated by the sort of thing that brought them down.

It wasn't just Bush, it was a culture they had grown that was unsustainable. Eventually people got tired of it. I don't think that Democrats on average are much better but it's a shame that the GOP can't stand up and debate the President reasonably on issues and prefers to play games. As long as they do that, I won't vote for them. I don't believe in rewarding that sort of behavior.

People got caught up in the idea of gotcha politics and compressing things down into soundbites, and when you do that, there's not much substance to debate on. It's really a shame.

The President has often said that he wants to have a substantive debate on the issues. I want that too. I really wish the GOP would get better leadership that can stand up and have that sort of debate. I would like to see a realistic and pragmatic viewpoint emerge from the party. Playing to principles and some sort of conservative dogmatic view is not going to work. I want to see real solutions that acknowledge and address the issues instead of the bizarre clinging to ideas that simply aren't going to work right now.

It's like they aren't even trying to be competitive or put forward a plan that can move the country forward.

I think I went afield of the original question.

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 03:02 AM
What is this thread about again ??

:confused:

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 03:38 AM
I say things he doesn't like, he turns into a little girl about it. I turned into one in that post, to fight fire with fire. In fact, I would like very much if he would put me on ignore, so I don't have to engage in discussion with him.

No you say things I disagree with, I respond, and your pussy ass takes it personal.

Put ME on ignore if it bugs you, ya cunt.

LMFAO at the "like men".

You're a funny guy.

Big Train
04-23-2009, 03:47 AM
My only problem with you is that you can't be a man and just argue intellectually without getting all emotional (yes, to save you a post, I get emotional in response). How bout we just debate like men and move on? I think you have it in you.

FORD
04-23-2009, 03:47 AM
I was there for a funeral, so unfortunately, very appropo for a link Ford.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Big Train
04-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Thank you Ford, I really appreciate that.

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 04:26 AM
My only problem with you is that you can't be a man and just argue intellectually without getting all emotional (yes, to save you a post, I get emotional in response). How bout we just debate like men and move on? I think you have it in you.:biggrin:

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 04:30 AM
I'm not gonna chase you around these boards and bad-mouth you just for the sake of doing it. You like to have the last word... oh, now I get it.