PDA

View Full Version : Gene Simmons is an Asshole !

Panamark
05-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Today on MMM Rock Radio in Sydney, They had Gene Simmons as their special lunchtime guest. It was mainly to promote his new solo album and especially the song "Asshole".

Well the DJ decided to play an old Kiss song, and Gene got mighty pissed off. He said, this was meant to be about me and my new single.
And walked out of the show.. WTF ?? The guy is a dickhead... The show was a lunchtime filler, what the hell was the DJ meant to play ??
For the record he did play Asshole and other new Solo stuff. Any other Aussies hear this ??

Warham
05-25-2004, 08:59 AM
Gene's still alive?

Bill Lumbergh
05-25-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Gene's still alive?

LMFAO!

Bill Lumbergh
05-25-2004, 02:17 PM
His career isnt that's for damn sure.

alexpgrimes
05-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Does Ed play on this??? The title fits....lol

Sarge
05-25-2004, 02:56 PM
That guy is a greedy dickhead!

Warham
05-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
His career isnt that's for damn sure.

Aint that the truth..

PHOENIX
05-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Why didnt you Aussies feed him to the Crocodiles?:D

FORD
05-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Why didnt you Aussies feed him to the Crocodiles?:D

Wouldn't that be cruelty to animals :(

Mezro
05-27-2004, 06:02 PM
A Jewish Donald Trump Mini Me + the follicles of Steven Wright - condoms as a business expense = The Gorilla Grod of Thunder and Plunder.

Mezro...I like Gene..even when he holds up the grocery store line clipping coupons

gslinger
05-28-2004, 05:54 AM
No Gene = No Van Halen, besides he likes Valerie........per his website.

ALinChainz
05-28-2004, 01:12 PM
TOKYO (AP) — Kiss bassist Gene Simmons, who sparked outrage in Australia after making comments seen as anti-Muslim, said Friday he was speaking only of "extremists" and that his remarks were taken out of context.

"I was asked about extremists," he said in an interview with The Associated Press. "And that's what I was talking about — only extremists."

Simmons sparked outrage when Kiss toured Australia earlier this month with comments seen as attacking Islam.

"This is a vile culture and if you think for a second that it's willing to just live in the sands of God's armpit you've got another thing coming," Simmons said during an interview on Melbourne's 3AW radio. "They want to come and live right where you live and they think that you're evil."

He also hit Islam as sexist, saying its culture treated women worse than dogs.

"You can send your dog to school to learn tricks, sit, beg, do all that stuff — none of the women have that advantage," the 54-year-old said.

Angry Muslims flooded the radio station with calls, furious over Simmons' comments.

Kiss began a five-concert tour of Japan this week, and is scheduled to kick off a U.S. tour in San Antonio, Texas on June 10.

johnburrows
09-03-2004, 11:41 PM
What's wrong with that? Gene went to promote his solo work, not KISS. Come on, give 'em a break... one break coming up!

Who dis?

bueno bob
09-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Well, I sorta agree...he was there to promote the solo album and not be kept up with old Kiss songs on the rotation...however, any promotion is generally good promotion. I can understand him being somewhat upset about it, but storming out of the studios might have been taking it a bit far. While the song was playing and they were off air, he should have spoken to the DJ and said something along the lines of "Hey...I'm here to talk about and play songs off my new album, not retread Kiss classic. Let's just keep it at doing "Asshole" songs and talking about that, OK?". I'm sure the DJ would have probably been fine with that.

As far as the extremist Islam comments, extremist Islams are like that...so long as he wasn't painting them ALL with a broad brush, I have no complaints with what he said.

Granted, I'm not a fundamentalist Islamic, either. But if someone said "Christians are greedy asshole terrorists" on the radio I wouldn't be calling up raging, either. It's just a case of people getting up in arms about nothing.

This world would rotate a hell of lot smoother if people would just chill the fuck out for about five minutes and not take everyone's personal opinion as a personal attack on themselves :)

lms2
09-04-2004, 07:49 AM
Storming out of the studio was a publicity stunt. Got ya talking didn't it.

Haven't heard the new song. Wonder if it could be the theme song for Chelle's asshole thread?

Aren't all Aussies extremists. (just kidding ;) ;) )

Terry
09-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Gene's always had a bloated sense of self-importance. Was useful in fueling the drive that factored into making KISS a success in the 1970s.

Think what finally put me off that guy was his continual shitting all over Ace and Peter. Simmons likes to portray it differently, but the reality is that in the few years prior to KISS reuniting in 1996, Gene and Paul couldn't get arrested never mind getting any promoters lined up for another makeupless KISS tour after the Revenge tour flopped. Those conventions were done out of necessity, 'cause he had nowhere else to go commercially.

It took getting Ace and Peter back and putting the makeup on to put Simmons back in the limelight. And what thanks did they get for it? A shit sandwich.

The whole purpose behind KISS, as far as Simmons is concerned, is to pluck money from the audiences pocket. Not even any pretense anymore that it's anything other than that. His greedy, primadonna attitude has grown old and boring, just like KISS's umpteenth "farewell" tour.

Fairwrning
09-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

Mezro...I like Gene..even when he holds up the grocery store line clipping coupons

LMFAO...you kill me dude..how do you come up with all this material every post??..funny shit

Fairwrning
09-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Terry

It took getting Ace and Peter back and putting the makeup on to put Simmons back in the limelight. And what thanks did they get for it? A shit sandwich.

good point

Fairwrning
09-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
good point except the shit sandwicjh part...Im sure Ace and Peter were well compensated..

frenchie
09-07-2004, 05:56 PM
do you know that in 1981, gene asked seriously to ed to join kiss.imagine.......................

Jesus Christ
09-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Sometimes, Gene makes Me ashamed to be Jewish :(

GAR
09-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Simmons sparked outrage when Kiss toured Australia earlier this month with comments seen as attacking Islam.

"This is a vile culture and if you think for a second that it's willing to just live in the sands of God's armpit you've got another thing coming," Simmons said during an interview on Melbourne's 3AW radio. "They want to come and live right where you live and they think that you're evil."

If I could stagetech for Simmons FOR FREE I would - every interview I read like this proves he is without sin and a Scholar of a Gentleman who knows the subjectifaction of whats in the fucks he talking about.

Whats his email - I'll send my resume right now!

Diver Down NJ
09-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one who sees the irony in Gene bashing Muslims for how they treat women?

Terry
09-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
except the shit sandwicjh part...Im sure Ace and Peter were well compensated..

They were given a flat fee, substantially less than Gene and Paul.

Sure, they made money, but it wasn't a four way equal split. Damn well should have been, because KISS wouldn't have been selling out stadiums in the late 1990s/early 2000 without them.

What happened when Peter asked for more money in 2000? They booted him and put Eric Singer in the makeup. What happned when Ace passed on touring in 2003? Throw some greasepaint on Tommy Thayer.

Just smacks of inauthenticity and greed.

Diver Down NJ
09-09-2004, 11:33 PM
I will say this much - no one put a gun to Ace & Peter's heads and forced them to take less. They should've held out in the beginning.

Figs
09-09-2004, 11:36 PM
It's still more money than they would have made without signing on. A friend of mine told me that not only did Ace sign over his makeup design rights, but he signed over profits from any of his old solo albums.

Bill Lumbergh
09-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Terry
They were given a flat fee, substantially less than Gene and Paul.

Sure, they made money, but it wasn't a four way equal split. Damn well should have been, because KISS wouldn't have been selling out stadiums in the late 1990s/early 2000 without them.

What happened when Peter asked for more money in 2000? They booted him and put Eric Singer in the makeup. What happned when Ace passed on touring in 2003? Throw some greasepaint on Tommy Thayer.

Just smacks of inauthenticity and greed.

I agree, Gene and Paul couldnt get arrested in the early to mid nineties. Well, at least they're fading back into obscurity again with out the original members. Still waiting on the fucking solo record Ace! Let me guess......it'll be out in the spring right?