PDA

View Full Version : My Fellow Rothites,

Warham
05-25-2004, 08:37 AM
http://www.thisnation.com/media/loc.gov%20photos/al.jpg

The Army Address

5/25/04

Two score and nine years ago the rock gods brought forth on this world, David Lee Roth, conceived in perfection, and dedicated to the proposition that not all frontmen are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether this forum or any forum, so conceived and so dedicated to David Lee Roth, can long endure being contaminated by Hagar fans. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to re-dedicate the Roth Army, as a place of worship for this, and only this, frontman who devoted his life so that rock might still kick ass. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not re-dedicate this forum. The rock gods, living and dead, who have rocked the world in years past, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what David Lee Roth has done. It is for us the fans, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced: that David Lee Roth is the greatest of rock gods. It is for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from this god we take increased devotion to that cause for which he gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that David Lee Roth shall not have rocked in vain -- that this nation, under Roth, shall have a continued reign over the Links -- and that the Roth Army, of the fans, by the fans, for the fans, shall not perish from the earth.

I promise, to the best of my ability, to continue the good work that moderators of the past and present have done at the Army. To never allow a Hagar fan to go unchecked (not that they don't screw things up by themselves). To provide support to those who have heard the phrase, "It's 5150 Time!!" one too many times (which is one time) and have come to the Army for a place to recover. With my undieing love of Roth, I hope to win your approval and your vote.

Sincerely,

'Honest' Warham

In Roth We Trust

lms
05-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Bravo.

BRANDON
05-25-2004, 10:32 AM
In Roth we trust. rocks greatest front man. god bless you diamond
dave.

Carmine
05-25-2004, 10:37 AM
well said, very nice.

Warham
05-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Thank you very much. :)

Dr. Love
05-25-2004, 02:15 PM
It's 5150 Time!!

Warham
05-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Noooooooooooo!!!

Warham
05-27-2004, 06:56 AM
"Ask not what the Army can do for you, but what you can do for the Army."

'Honest' Warham

Panamark
05-27-2004, 08:14 AM
I love it ! Great Post.. Is feedback the forum you wanted this in ? Let me know if you want it in another forum. Nice read..

Warham
05-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Sure, you can put it in the main forum. I am applying to become a moderator, but I'll certainly allow it to be viewed by all, since it is such a stirring speech by yours truly. I'll just repost my application here.

:)

Warham
05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Check that. I already copied it. :D

ashstralia
05-27-2004, 12:36 PM
warham, by tomorrow you should have 50
fucking thousand votes. that was class.
a cup of tea to you!!

Warham
05-27-2004, 12:38 PM
Thank you Ash. This place needs a good cleaning. :)