PDA

View Full Version : Anvil! The Story of Anvil

Nickdfresh
04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Have heard nothing but good things about this rockumentary, even from NPR...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sv1sRa35Zr8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sv1sRa35Zr8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

More:

Anvil! The Story of Anvil (http://anvilmovie.com/)

Anvil! The Story of Anvil (2008) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1157605/)

indeedido
04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm definately going to check it out. I remember Anvil, but by name only. I don't know any of their songs, but the documentary looks really cool. They seem like good guys.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-21-2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/house-music/54268-vh1-acquires-anvil-story-anvil.html

High Life Man
04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Got 4 stars in The Week. Looking forward to seeing this one!

sonrisa salvaje
04-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Metal on Metal baby. Can't wait to see this and the Maiden doc.

Golden AWe
04-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Anvil Lavigne?

sonrisa salvaje
04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Anvil Lavigne?

No.....Anvil Rose. I think he wears a bandana and a kilt.

Full Bug
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Been looking for this one online for days, havent found it yet though.....
Another one I cant wait to see is that 666 Iron Maiden doc, should be good too.....

Full Bug
04-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Found the Anvil movie, this is suppost to be legit, I'm a few hours away from finishing downloading it, will confirm after its done.....
Anvil - The Story- This is Thirteen.rar | Anvil! The Story Of Anvil | isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine (http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/78217977/Anvil!+The+Story+Of+Anvil?tab=summary)

Full Bug
04-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I put the torrent up at Demonoid if anyone wants it....
Demonoid.com - Anvil: The Story Of Anvil! (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1897936/?rel=1240920235)

WACF
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks man...

BruinJer
05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I downloaded the movie yesterday... gonna watch it tonight, Should be good!

Mr Walker
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Interview: Anvil on Smoking Weed, What Derailed Their Career and Meeting Clint Eastwood

Canadian heavy metal band Anvil was headed for super stardom in the early 80s, touring with the likes of Bon Jovi, Whitesnake and the Scorpions. Then suddenly, they disappeared in to obscurity. Now with the release of the new documentary Anvil! The Story of Anvil, directed by Hollywood screenwriter Sasha Gervasi, the group may finally find the success that has eluded them - even though they've kept playing and recording all this time. Formed when they were teenagers in the 70s, guitarist and lead singer Steve "Lips" Kudlow, now 53 and drummer Robb Reiner, 51, are currently working on their 14th album. I sat down with the duo for an exclusive chat for the Huffington Post.

Zorianna: What was the dream for you guys back in the 80s and how is it different today?

Robb: It's the same now as it was back then - fame, recognition, music.

Lips: We've always continued to play live, but the difference now is making $500 for a gig versus $5000.

2009-06-04-images4.jpeg

Zorianna: You're experiencing the success in your fifties that you almost had decades ago. What might have happened if it had all worked out when you were in your twenties?

Lips: We probably would have self-destructed. When you're young, you take everything for granted; you think life lasts forever and you think that life is filled with endless opportunities. The real truth is, it's not. Opportunities come and go.

Zorianna: Is there a place for metal music today? It's not exactly radio friendly.

Robb: Metal was always there. Metal never goes away.

Lips: The radio has nothing to do with metal's existence or non-existence. It's for trend only. For us it's a lifestyle. We have a worldwide following, particularly in Europe and Japan that never went away. There are always people to play for.

Zorianna: Was there a particular album or band that introduced you to metal when you were kids?

Robb: Black Sabbath, Grand Funk Railroad, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin. Then we started creating our own brand.

Zorianna: Many heavy metal musicians appear in your documentary to say how much they were influenced by Anvil including Lars Ulrich from Metallica, Lemmy from Motorhead, Slash from Gun N Roses, Tom Araya from Slayer and Scot Ian from Anthrax.

Robb: We were pioneers. We were ahead of our time. Great, great musicians. Maybe even the best. We had a style and sound that was unique.

Lips: We were doing something that had never been done before. We came about it in pure innocence. It wasn't like it was contrived in any way. We just did what came natural and we got noticed quite quickly.

Zorianna: Lips wearing bondage gear and playing guitar with a dildo certainly helped too! Do you remember the first time you looked at each other on stage and thought, 'Yeah, it's happening! We're gonna make it. We're on our way!'

Lips: We were playing Quebec City, late 1977. It felt as though we were gonna make it. I can still remember looking at Robb doing his drum solo thinking, 'Look how amazing this is!'

Zorianna: So what happened? Where did things take a turn?

Lips: It had to do with deciding who was gonna manage us. It derailed everything. We didn't blame ourselves because when you have the wrong help around you, a lot of bad things can happen. And that's exactly what happened.

Zorianna: Do you think that bad management was that the one singular thing that went wrong in your career?

Robb: Absolutely. There's no question about it.

Zorianna: Explain.

Lips: Our manager pulled us out of our initial record deal and didn't replace it. Then he held on to our contract so we couldn't get another contract at a very crucial, pivotal point in metal history. We're not the only band that he did it to. One of the greatest guitar players in the world, known as Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush - was derailed too. To this day you cannot buy Frank Marino CDs. It's a real tragedy what he did to him. But you get in with the wrong people and you got problems. And they're life-long lasting.

Zorianna: When did you realize that this was happening?

Lips: We realized it during our first year with him.

Robb: The metal sound we pioneered became very fashionable and commercial only a couple of years later. We were there in the beginning.

Zorianna: Do you feel any ill will towards him?

Robb: I don't.

Lips: He should take his bottom lip over the top of his head and swallow. I've got nothing good to say about him.

Zorianna: Can you tell us his name?

Lips: That's irrelevant. We kept going and the vindication is the fact that we're here today and we're making it now. The failure fueled us to keep going, to prove that we are good. That and the fact that all of our peers and musicians have always told us that we have something special.

Robb: Yeah, that validates us.

Zorianna: What were the bleakest times for you?

Lips: When my marriage broke up in the 90s and Rob's father passed away, and the transition between record deals.

Zorianna: That all happened at the same time?

Lips: Yeah.

Zorianna: So what kept you going?

Lips: Having each other. You believe in yourself and that's all you can do.

Zorianna: Describe a low.

Lips: Working for Tim Horton's Donuts. They should all burn down. I hate their coffee and working for them was the worst nightmare of my life - even though I only did it for two weeks. But I had no choice. I had to make money. I worked from 5 o'clock in the morning until noon. Horrible!

Zorianna: How did you deal with those lows?

Robb: I found a nice party house. That's how I dealt with it.

Lips: You can't run away from your identity. Even if I went to another band, I'd still be Lips from the band Anvil. I've spent my entire life trying to be that, that's what I am. There's nowhere to run.

2009-06-04-images3.jpeg

Zorianna: So now that the documentary has come out, you're touring to promote the film, you're playing at this years' Download Festival and Rocklahoma and there's a book out with a foreword by Slash. Finish this sentence for me: 'I can't believe we met....'

Robb: Clint Eastwood! He didn't believe that my name was Robb Reiner.

Zorianna: Did he know who you guys were?

Robb: No. (laughs)

Lips: We were at the Spike TV Awards and he was there. He was at the after-party and we got our picture taken with him.

Robb: I went up to him and said: 'Hi, I'm Robb Reiner." And he said, "Cool, man." But he didn't believe me. He had this look in his eyes, like 'Yeah, right.'

Lips: We also met Mickey Rourke. I said : 'You wore a hair net for one scene in your movie, I wore a hair net for 8 years! (In the documentary Lips works delivering food to school cafeterias.) Then Robb goes, "Tell me, did you die at the end of The Wrestler? and he goes, 'I hope so.' (They laugh.)

Zorianna: Now that you're garnering interest from concert promoters, what's the ideal touring package for you?

Robb: Whatever that package is, I want Motorhead on there.

Zorianna: Hypothetically speaking, if you were only allowed to perform one Anvil song, what would it be?

Rob: I need a list to look at to really give you an honest answer. But off the cuff? Jack Hammer.

Lips: Mothra.

Zorianna: When we see you both on stage, is it who you really are, or do you don personas?

Robb: Lips becomes a character I think for sure. Myself, I'm the same guy.

Lips: It's an extension of my own personality, sort of an alter ego.

Zorianna: What demons do you exorcise up there?

Robb: I'm a demon up there every time!

Lips: My demon is hating to have to do a regular day job. Being up on stage really helps me forget I have a life like that - when I did have a life like that. I find complete contentment and happiness when I'm playing in front of an audience.

2009-06-04-images2.jpeg

Zorianna: What would make you guys randomly break out in to a song?

Lips: Usually a joint. You smoke a nice doob and all of a sudden you start imagining stuff. That's the truth. To be honest about it, I don't think we've ever written a song (without being stoned.) Marijuana, for me in particular, releases my creative juices. It doesn't work well for performing, but for creating nothing works better.

Zorianna: Are you sober on stage?

Lips: I'm sober on stage, absolutely.

Zorianna: What about you Rob? Are you sober on stage?

Robb: Nope. (Being high) is a normal state for me.

Zorianna: Are you high right now?

Robb: Yeah, as a matter of fact I am.

Zorianna: Are you high right now Lips?

Lips: No. If I get high, it will be after the show.

Zorianna: What do you like about getting high?

Robb: It's relaxing. It's focusing.

Lips: Pot is great for the abstract, for when you don't have to be regimented and for when you don't need parameters. When you're creating a song, there should never be any parameters, so being high is okay because your mind can wander all over the place.

Zorianna: Other than a few occasional tokes, there wasn't much pot smoking in your documentary.

Robb: There was tons of it. I smoked a lot of pot. That's all I do. I'm a straight guy, but that's what I'm in to. I don't do coffee, I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't do any alcohol. I'm straight. But pot? That's the thing. I enjoy it. It's a good thing. More people should indulge.

Zorianna: We also watch you fight a few times in the film as well. Have you guys fought a lot over the years?

Robb: We've only had a few blowouts in our whole friendship. Maybe half a dozen. They happened to catch a couple on film during the making of the documentary. There was a lot of stuff that was going on at that time.

Lips: It had more to do with (their manager during the documentary,) Tizianna (Arrigoni) than us - promised tours and promised money that all fell through. You end up letting it out on each other.

Zorianna: But it's not uncommon to see decades of friendship go down the tubes over some fight.

Robb: Well, maybe that's still coming. (They laugh.)

Zorianna: What do love most and least about each other?

Robb: His mood swings I hate. There's maybe 300 or 400 a day. I love the kid part about him - the enthusiastic, optimistic, hyper kid that I initially met when I was a kid myself.

Lips: I love the way he plays drums. He's fuel for me to create and try to blow him away. I gotta come up with things that motivate him. It's my fire. I think that's what I probably love the most - coming up with things that bring out the best in him.

Zorianna: And least?

Lips: Oh boy! His stubbornness. Sometimes he's hard to convince of things. I can see something plain and clear and I try to tell him and sometimes he won't listen. And I can see that it would be a lot better for him but he doesn't see it the same way.

2009-06-03-images.jpeg

Zorianna: Did you both feel things would be different after the documentary came out?

Robb: I always thought it would, but I had no idea. But Lips knew everything. He had this uncanny energy....

Lips: I knew from the first moment when Sasha told me he was going to make this documentary that it was going to be one of the greatest documentaries ever made about rock music.

Zorianna: Why?

Lips: Number one, I'm an optimist. Number two, I'm just the guy to deliver that kind of performance because I'll tell you anything you want to know, plus what you don't want to know. And that's just the perfect character to make a documentary about.

Zorianna: You really bared everything.

Lips: I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. It was the truth. We all have crushed dreams and crushed egos. Every person has to put up with shit but it's how you put up with it. (In the documentary) I was showing the world and I didn't mind showing the world.

Zorianna: Why should the world see it?

Lips: People need to learn more about how to appreciate what artists are and what we go through and what it takes to be an artist. It's so easy to walk into a music store and (mimes picking up albums and tossing them aside) say: 'That's shit, and that's shit.....' When you do that, you're throwing somebody's dreams in the garbage, you know? So you have to have a coat of armor, a really thick skin.

Zorianna: As a band, where do you feel most appreciated?

Robb: Europe. They've always loved our band. Maybe it's because Europeans are a bit more connected with art.

Zorianna: Where do you feel most unappreciated?

Lips & Robb (without missing a beat): Canada.

Zorianna: Really?

Robb: Yeah, our home country. It's embarrassing to have to say that.

Lips: We're proud to be Canadians but Canadians are not proud of us.

Zorianna: What makes you think that?

Robb: Canadians have never gotten Anvil. Maybe that's it. I have no other idea.

Zorianna: What goals do you still have to achieve with music?

Robb: We need to tour the world until we get tired, and have the most fun we've had in our whole lives. And maybe load up on our bank accounts a little bit more. And keep enjoying what we've been doing for the last 30 years.

Lips: Yeah, get paid for what we are doing.

Robb: Money would be a good thing.....

Zorianna: So five years from now.....

Robb: Hopefully rocking harder than ever and being stable financially in our personal lives.

Zorianna: Looking back at your lives, the failures and the near-successes that never quite materialized and are now starting to come to fruition - do you think that everything that happened to Anvil happened for a reason?

Lips: Evertything happened for a reason. Absolutely.

Robb: Yeah.

Lips: It feels as though my whole life was pre-planned before I even realized it. I've done a lot of soul searching, a lot of analyzing, even my position in my family - being the third born out of four kids. There was gap between my sister and I, which was six years. That made me become somewhat like a first born. So I had to not only be a leader, but I had to take a lot of ridicule from my older siblings. And because of that, it's a perfect combination to be a great frontman.

Zorianna: And Robb, you're okay with him being the leader?

Robb: Yeah, it was pretty much decided a long time ago that he would have that role.

Lips: We have the same goal. We've always had the same goal. What's different is our approach on how to get there. We might have a difference of opinion on how to get to that same goal but as long as the goal is the same, everything's good.

Zorianna: So you must have pretty good dreams at night nowadays.

Robb: I dream everything from making a great painting to having wild sex, which seems to never stop, and blowing 20,000 people away up on stage. I've been dreaming that last one for many years. It's quite recurring.

Zorianna: What is your mantra? Any words that you live by?

Robb: 'I woke up this morning.'

Lips: 'It's a good day.'

hideyoursheep
07-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Wow.

chefcraig
10-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Anvil: The Story of Anvil will be appearing on VH-1 this coming Saturday, October 3rd at 10PM(EST).

sonrisa salvaje
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
I watched this last night. Excellent film. It is tough to watch on VH1 due to the commercials. I can only imagine how great it would have been to see it commercial free. It really is something to own. I'll have to pick it up on dvd.

chefcraig
10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
I watched this last night. Excellent film. It is tough to watch on VH1 due to the commercials. I can only imagine how great it would have been to see it commercial free. It really is something to own. I'll have to pick it up on dvd.

I hear ya, as the breaks really destroy the continuity. The cool thing about the Saturday evening showing is the channel ran the premiere commercial-free.

High Life Man
10-05-2009, 11:25 PM
I saw this a couple of months ago and thought it was kind of boring.

rocknrolldork
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I saw this a couple of months ago and thought it was kind of boring.

I agree with you. The band isn't that good which is why they never really made it. Seeing Lips working for the catering company pulls away the smoke and mirrors of rock n roll even more. A good portion of bands making great music today still hold regular jobs when they get home because they don't make squat on the road or from sales. That's part of the reason my wife and I usually buy merch from good bands. At least the bands get most of that money for themselves.

High Life Man
10-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I was disappointed because I had heard so many good things about it. Oh well...

letsrock
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Makes no sense, people replied and opnly admitted to not being able to name one song.
But yet are interested in seeing men in a hot tub?
WTF?????????????

And if its just a documentary about a rock band, ok.
Maybe Kip and Winger will do one soon.
Then again he would need to step away from the computer.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I watched it a couple of times now....

It's a nice feel-good story, although some of those gigs in Europe were just brutal....

I still think that the comments Lars and Slash made were really overblown in terms of how big the band could've gotten (I agree with dork, they just aren't that good of a band), but overall like I said, it's a nice story...

Terry
10-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I agree with you. The band isn't that good which is why they never really made it. Seeing Lips working for the catering company pulls away the smoke and mirrors of rock n roll even more. A good portion of bands making great music today still hold regular jobs when they get home because they don't make squat on the road or from sales. That's part of the reason my wife and I usually buy merch from good bands. At least the bands get most of that money for themselves.

They were never my cup of tea, either, which is why I kinda scratched my head when I saw people like Slash saying how much of a shame it was that Anvil never made it big since they deserved to.

I mean, not to rain on their parade in terms of the success of the documentary and whatever boost of publicity they get from it. Fuck, any band that's been plugging away that long gets an A for the sheer ability to hang in there for so long.

sonrisa salvaje
10-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Anvil never was my cup of tea either. At the time they came out, i didn't care much for them. I grouped them with a lot of other bands that i ignored. I didn't come away from the movie thinking that i had made a mistake either. There may be some people that never heard Anvil and heard their music for the first time in the movie and thought "wow..that is killer music..i'll have to check them out." I loved the movie but i don't have much urge to go out and start buying anvil cds. I think it helps the cause of the film that Anvil went largely unnoticed and never made it versus taking a band that garnered popularity and made a little money but fell off the map, like a Winger or a Bulletboys.

binnie
10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I thought it was a great movie - (unintentionally) funny, sad, passionate, informative. I really felt for the guys - their unfledging, almost delusional, dedication to the dream is very powerful. I also agree that they deserve an A+ for dedication to the cause. However, as the film's exploration of the 'inexplicable' reason of why Anvil didn't make it continued, I became a little frustrated with the fact that both reasons for this are blindingly obvious:

1) They haven't really progressed lyrically since 1982

2) Lips CANNOT SING A DAMNED NOTE!

A good heavy metal band, a really good drummer, and some good tunes along the way. But they were always a couple of pegs below the big league.

Panamark
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I heard an Anvil album many years ago... (once)
Good on them for this doco, they found a way to make
it. Kinda

WACF
10-08-2009, 12:17 PM
May as well have some Anvil tunes in this thread....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsExMOfZ6N8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsExMOfZ6N8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WACF
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/66gnx8crEO4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/66gnx8crEO4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Coyote
10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zyq0ubl1cKg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zyq0ubl1cKg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Coyote
10-08-2009, 12:36 PM
<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeqqeOnSpIc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeqqeOnSpIc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Mr. Vengeance
10-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I liked this good old Canadian band back in my youth, but they were limited in terms of talent. Their appearance on Conan was embarrassingly BAD. They are now embracing the Spinal Tap aspect of their career "revival" and it's a little sad.

letsrock
10-09-2009, 12:59 PM
So is April Wine next?

letsrock
10-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Bryan Adams?

Diamondjimi
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
So is April Wine next?

I'll ask them next month. My band is opening up for them. ;)

:biggrin:

Va Beach VH Fan
10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
No silly, Triumph....

Diamondjimi
10-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Triumph? Local band here that (disbanded) fell off the map around '87/'88. Funny thing is no one missed them... :biggrin:

Here in Canada they were always seen as a poor man's Rush...

letsrock
10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Always liked Triumph.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Triumph? Local band here that (disbanded) fell off the map around '87/'88. Funny thing is no one missed them... :biggrin:

Here in Canada they were always seen as a poor man's Rush...

Maybe so, but Rush didn't play the US Festival...

Just sayin'.....

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 01:00 AM
ANVIL FUCKING KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!
GOT ANVIL?
POST IT!
I'M GONNA SEE THEM ON FEB. 4 IN HOUSE OF BLUES ANAHEIM!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX_NitbgZe0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tX_NitbgZe0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQJOhcKBWL4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQJOhcKBWL4&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 01:15 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ollKF8xtDKA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ollKF8xtDKA&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="873" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hryxqpWCGGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hryxqpWCGGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="873" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5tUPWDZpMUU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5tUPWDZpMUU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 01:18 AM
HEY NATEDOG, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU!

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7fu7k4yfVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7fu7k4yfVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 01:21 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9uXRs5aQF74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9uXRs5aQF74&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 01:28 AM
HEY SHITVICKY, THIS SHOULD BE YOUR THEME SONG!
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8Wy4Qn88qY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8Wy4Qn88qY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 01:55 AM
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KN8tiIH2kVU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KN8tiIH2kVU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASX5cEzdtxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASX5cEzdtxw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQH4ImsKyLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GQH4ImsKyLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPYnXBI_8Zg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPYnXBI_8Zg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIOKwS0Son0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIOKwS0Son0&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFC6NevKYuI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFC6NevKYuI&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/67wwn7TFr_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/67wwn7TFr_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WGekkiBW4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WGekkiBW4I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2V3eHSCAX18&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2V3eHSCAX18&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Who bought your ticket?

:gulp:

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 02:15 AM
His Dad's squaw tried to take him to see Anvil back when he was just an Aids infected embryo but the train crashed blinding her and making one of her legs fall off.

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Who bought your ticket?

i did.
i babysat my friends kids.
made $40.
tickets are $13.13
i bought 2.
one for me, and one for a buddy of mine.

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 02:21 AM
i did.
made $40.
tickets are $13.13
i bought 2.

Did you declare that income to the SSA?

And WHAT kind of fucking parent lets an obese, blind, HIV+ drug addict and alcoholic babysit their kids?

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 02:25 AM
i did.
made $40.
tickets are $13.13
i bought 2.

Really?

Says the tickets are $20 - $22.50 GA

VH1 and San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino Present The Anvil Experience with Operation Overload and TARSHA at House of Blues Anaheim Tickets | Thu, February 04 (http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=60476)

You bought 2 at $13.13?????

From whom?

:lmao:

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Damn those braille tickets...

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 02:47 AM

Can't WAIT for the story behind THIS one......

He actually bought them from a friend who charded him $13.13 each because he too is a devil worshipper

Just couldnt bear to let 'em go for $6.66 ea.

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 02:52 AM
really?

Says the tickets are $20 - $22.50 ga

vh1 and san manuel indian bingo & casino present the anvil experience with operation overload and tarsha at house of blues anaheim tickets | thu, february 04 (http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventdetail.php?eventid=60476)

you bought 2 at $13.13?????

From whom?

i also went and recycled my beer cans.
Got about $7.00 or so.

The ticket price, is $13.13 before taxes and fees.
It's $20.50 per ticket with taxes and fees.

Bought them at ticketmaster outlet in rancho cucamonga, california at macy's in the victoria gardens shopping centre.

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 02:55 AM

Can't wait for the story behind this one......

He actually bought them from a friend who charded him $13.13 each because he too is a devil worshipper

just couldnt bear to let 'em go for $6.66 ea.

naw, lounge, the $6.66 tickets are the ones to my concerts.

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Got about $7.00 or so.

Bought them at ticketmaster outlet in rancho cucamonga, california at macy's in the victoria gardens shopping centre.

Well then you didn't buy them for $13.13 you fucking inbred moron.

I realize the concept of TAXES and FEES is lost on you, since you suck on the Government Teet all day.....

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Got about $7.00 or so.

Ooops,

No you didn't, ace.....

The CHEAPEST tickets for that show are $15.03 plus a service charge, and ONLY if you buy a 4 pack.

Anvil Tickets - House of Blues Anaheim in Anaheim, CA Concert (http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/413903/?c=api-000579)

Busted again...

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 03:13 AM
Ooops,

No you didn't, ace.....

The CHEAPEST tickets for that show are $15.03 plus a service charge, and ONLY if you buy a 4 pack.

Anvil Tickets - House of Blues Anaheim in Anaheim, CA Concert (http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/413903/?c=api-000579)

Busted again...

i never said it wasn't a 4 pack.
i paid for half, my buddy jim paid for half.
2 for he and his wife.
i paid for the 2 for me and my buddy bill.
basically, jim and i split the cost.
and besides, it says, on the fucking ticket itself, $13.13.
now either kiss my ass, get back to enjoying and posting the heavy fucking metal music of the band anvil,
or get the fuck outta my thread.

GAR
01-27-2010, 03:33 AM
ahaha.. Lounge can't own his way out of a plastic bag anymore.

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 03:38 AM

His stories change more than your's, GarY

Much like Jizzy is dead, no he's only hurt, no wait......

So first ace bought his tix with babysitting money, then he returned beer cans too, then he also bought 2 tickets....

Yet never do his numbers add up to the simple Live Nation website where they're sold.

Google some more gear talk for us GarY

Seshmeister
01-27-2010, 10:24 AM
naw, lounge, the $6.66 tickets are the ones to my concerts.

No that's what you charge people to let them out... :)

Va Beach VH Fan
01-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Merged with the other Anvil thread...

Use the search feature Ace, it's not hard....

PETE'S BROTHER
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
i never said it wasn't a 4 pack.
i paid for half, my buddy jim paid for half.
2 for he and his wife.
i paid for the 2 for me and my buddy bill.
basically, jim and i split the cost.
and besides, it says, on the fucking ticket itself, $13.13.
now either kiss my ass, get back to enjoying and posting the heavy fucking metal music of the band anvil,
or get the fuck outta my thread.

nick d started this thread

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Merged with the other Anvil thread...

Use the search feature Ace, it's not hard....

Perhaps a larger font would help him.....

ace diamond
01-27-2010, 03:26 PM
No that's what you charge people to let them out... :)

kinda like the irs.......i get 'em coming and going..........ye ol' dutch door action!
:D

LoungeMachine
01-27-2010, 03:33 PM
kinda like the irs.......i get 'em coming and going..........ye ol' dutch door action!
:D

Kind of like the SSDI paying you to sit on your fat ass all day....

binnie
01-28-2010, 03:52 PM
I've heard that Anvil will be covering some Ace Diamond Experience material on their new album......

chefcraig
01-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I've heard that Anvil will be covering some Ace Diamond Experience material on their new album......

Yeah, it's down to a coin toss between the ADE stuff or remaking Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music as an opera. Put your money on Reed, as there is more to work with musically.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zr0KkzbbqPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zr0KkzbbqPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ace diamond
01-29-2010, 01:19 PM

they better fucking not be.
i have not been contacted and asked my permission for them to do so.
i own all the rights to my music.
i love anvil, and i know you are just joking, binnie, but if i found out they were trying to record my stuff without my permission, i'd haul their asses into court for copyright infringement, right after the "cease and desist" order issue. whether they heed the warning will decide whether or not they get sued by me.

an ex-bass player of mine tried to get away with doing this already.
i write all the music and lyrics.
i am sole owner of the rights.
as soon as i got wind of him attempting it, i heard his attempts to play my stuff on his own, and he played it wrong, and got the lyrics all wrong.
i sent him a "cease and desist" letter.
he promtly knocked it off.
he can't afford a lawsuit he knows he will lose.

anywho,
binnie, yer a kidder!:tongue0011::biggrin:;):biggrin::hee:

binnie
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
You mean you wouldn't want to royalties?

ace diamond
01-29-2010, 04:08 PM
You mean you wouldn't want to royalties?

do you know how hard it is to make sure they pay me the royalties?
besides, why should they succeed with music and lyrics that i wrote?
it's cheating and it's stealing.
i do all the work, and i get nothing.
they steal it and make tons of money?
see where this isn't going to work?
i have put it the time and effort to write,
record, and perform my own music and my own albums, and my own stage show, all the years of effort, struggle and
all the work i have put into it for a decade just so i can get ripped off
for some other band to benefit from a decade of my work that has cost me dearly, and has netted me so very little?
it's highway robbery.
i won't allow it.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
record, and perform my own music and my own albums, and my own stage show, all the years of effort, struggle and
for some other band to benefit from a decade of my work that has cost me dearly, and has netted me so very little?
it's highway robbery.
i won't allow it.

you burnt everything! remember? wtf do you care. if you wrote the music and they plated it wouldn't it sound the same? aka shit. you realy...............nope. done. sorry i started, what a beautiful day outside...

chefcraig
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM

I dunno...have you tried creating a mailing address for your tepee?

ace diamond
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
you burnt everything! remember? wtf do you care. if you wrote the music and they plated it wouldn't it sound the same? aka shit. you realy...............nope. done. sorry i started, what a beautiful day outside...

look, i still have a couple of copies of my 2002 ep.
all the songs on the ep were on the first album.
what ever was on the 1st album has either been re-recorded, or i have it on the original 2002 ep versions.
therefore, i can still prove my case.
i do still have masters.
i just don't like the versions on the first album.
it was horrid, even by my standards.
the mix was tinny and neutered.
i hated it, so i destroyed the first record.
doesn't mean i don't still have copies of the songs.

for example, songs on the ep, that was on the first album, but has not since been re-recorded, is "Diamond", "Axe F/X", or "Sweet Pea".
just because i destroyed the 2004 versions, doesn't mean i don't have the 2002 originals.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Not hard at all with the right publisher, moron.

As if you need to worry about it....

MAX
01-29-2010, 05:22 PM
it's highway robbery.
i won't allow it.

Once again and has been stated prior, NOBODY will EVER cover any of your "music" PERIOD!!!

Hence, you would never have to worry, you blind, SSDI fraudulant, uni-bagging, HIV positive from your dentist, didn't speak English until you were five, anally raped (butt enjoyed it) by your cousin, millionaire yet Chase V.P. banking collections officer (whom you disowned) father, teepee dwelling, bike parts flying whilst on a bus, missing knee cap, raised by a Portuguese cleaning woman, Satan worshipping, patent pending for a bullshit drink, albino, Indian, lying schmuck!!!

Did I leave out anything?

LoungeMachine
01-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Forgot Satan worshipper, but I'm nit picking I suppose. :D

*edit*

Nope you got that too :D

PETE'S BROTHER
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Once again and has been stated prior, NOBODY will EVER cover any of your "music" PERIOD!!!

Hence, you would never have to worry, you blind, SSDI fraudulant, uni-bagging, HIV positive from your dentist, didn't speak English until you were five, anally raped (butt enjoyed it) by your cousin, millionaire yet Chase V.P. banking collections officer (whom you disowned) father, teepee dwelling, bike parts flying whilst on a bus, missing knee cap, raised by a Portuguese cleaning woman, Satan worshipping, patent pending for a bullshit drink, albino, Indian, lying schmuck!!!

Did I leave out anything?

fat? :hee:

chefcraig
01-29-2010, 05:32 PM
There was that thing he raised today about being a 4 year old radio trivia contestant (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/1425115-post190.html)...which I guess sorta cancels out that whole "not speaking English until 5 deal".

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/MSN-Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-crazy-016.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-MSN-Emoticons-Smileys.html)

MAX
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
There was that thing he raised today about being a 4 year old radio trivia contestant (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/1425115-post190.html)...which I guess sorta cancels out that whole "not speaking English until 5 deal".

NICE!!! BUSTED AGAIN!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

kwame k
01-29-2010, 05:44 PM

I'd imagine damn near impossible.....they have no currency less than a penny, to my knowledge.

Says the person who was in a Kiss Tribute band......

:lmao: please Ace, stop it :lmao:

You're the expert on not working.

I've heard your music, Ace.....when did you spend time and effort.....Jesus, it sounds like you're making up the shit as you go along.....if not, phew.

it's highway robbery.
i won't allow it.

You'd piss all over yourself if anyone was stupid enough to play your shitty music.......

kwame k
01-29-2010, 05:48 PM

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/MSN-Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-crazy-016.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-MSN-Emoticons-Smileys.html)

Wrong again, Craig......didn't you know that was a bi-lingual radio station :biggrin:

California has a huge migrant population........ Portuguese ;)

chefcraig
01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Wrong again, Craig......didn't you know that was a bi-lingual radio station :biggrin:

California has a huge migrant population........ Portuguese ;)

I dunno...he said it was an oldies station named 101.1 krth(k-earth). I guess you'd get Portuguese versions of mariachi tunes mixed in with old Elvis numbers, along with baseball quizzes every half hour.

kwame k
01-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I dunno...he said it was an oldies station named 101.1 krth(k-earth). I guess you'd get Portuguese versions of mariachi tunes mixed in with old Elvis numbers, along with baseball quizzes every half hour.

Exactly.....now you get it :hee: