PDA

View Full Version : Fidel Castro: Obama 'misinterpreted' Raul's words

sadaist
04-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Fidel Castro: Obama 'misinterpreted' Raul's words

By WILL WEISSERT, Associated Press Writer Will Weissert, Associated Press Writer – 48 mins ago

HAVANA – Fidel Castro says President Barack Obama "misinterpreted" his brother Raul's remarks regarding the United States and bristled at the suggestion that Cuba should free political prisoners or cut taxes on remittances from abroad as a goodwill gesture to the U.S.

Raul Castro touched off a whirlwind of speculation last week that the U.S. and Cuba could be headed toward a thaw in nearly a half-century of chilly relations. The speculation began when the Cuban president said leaders would be willing to sit down with their U.S. counterparts and discuss "everything," including human rights, freedom of the press and expression, and political prisoners on the island.

Obama responded at the Summit of the Americas by saying Washington seeks a new beginning with Cuba, but he also said Sunday that Cuba should release some political prisoners and reduce official taxes on remittances sent to the island from the U.S.

That appeared to enrage Fidel Castro, 82, who wrote in an essay posted on a government Web site that Obama "without a doubt misinterpreted Raul's declarations."

The former president appeared to be throwing a dose of cold water on growing expectations for improved bilateral relations — suggesting Obama had no right to dare suggest that Cuba make even small concessions. He also seemed to suggest too much was being made of Raul's comments about discussing "everything" with U.S. authorities.

"Affirming that the president of Cuba is ready to discuss any topic with the president of the United States expresses that he's not afraid to broach any subject," Fidel Castro wrote of his 77-year-old brother, who succeeded him as president 14 months ago.

"It's a sign of bravery and confidence in the principles of the revolution," he said, referring to the rebel uprising that toppled dictator Fulgencio Batista and brought the Castros to power on New Year's Day 1959.

"Nobody should assume that he was talking about pardoning those sentenced in March 2003 and sending all of them to the United States, if the country were willing to liberate the five Cuban anti-terrorist heroes," Castro wrote.

He was referring to 75 leading political opposition leaders who were rounded up and imprisoned six years ago. Some 54 of them remain behind bars, though Raul Castro suggested last year that Cuba would be willing to liberate some political prisoners if U.S. authorities would free five Cuban spies.

Castro compared the prisoners arrested in 2003 to exiles who attacked the island's southern coast during the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961 and said they were "at the service of a foreign power that threatens and blockades our country," referring to charges they conspired with Washington to destabilize the communist system.

The ex-president had previously expressed his admiration for Obama, but this time Castro blasted the new U.S. president for showing signs of "superficiality."

He also defended Cuba's right to levy a 10 percent fee on every U.S. dollar sent to relatives on the island by Cuban-Americans, saying if the money arriving from abroad "is in dollars, all the more reason we should do it because it is the currency of the country that blockades us."

All top Cuban leaders routinely call the 47-year-old trade embargo against this country a blockade.

"Not all Cubans have family members overseas that send remittances," Castro said, adding that Cuba uses the revenue from fees on exchanging dollars to provide free health care, education and subsidized food to all of its population.

Fidel Castro: Obama 'misinterpreted' Raul's words (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_cuba_castro;_ylt=Arg2iBCTZvyGhyCUF.eAVewDW7oF)

sadaist
04-22-2009, 08:34 AM
My favorite piece of this....

"Obama said Sunday that Cuba should reduce official taxes on remittances sent to the island from the U.S."

Obama calling for someone else to lower their taxes? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Nickdfresh
04-22-2009, 09:49 AM
I thought this thread was about Obama misconstruing Rual Paul's words...:(

Nickdfresh
04-22-2009, 09:51 AM

"Obama said Sunday that Cuba should reduce official taxes on remittances sent to the island from the U.S."

You mean like he did on the middle classes?

FORD
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Now Nick, you don't want to spoil Sadie's right wing fairy tales. Mush and BecKKK have him convinced that he's in the top 1% just like they are.

LoungeMachine
04-22-2009, 01:12 PM

Like Nick and FORD pointed out, where exactly is the hypocricy that's causing this laughter fit you're in?

Yes or no. Has Obama called for tax reductions for a MAJORITY of Americans?

Simple question.

Then you can go back to your ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gulp:

unbelievable

Nickdfresh
04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
It's just getting old at this point, with online partisan "conservatives" being just like talking dolls with pull-chords making them say the same old talking-points cliche spam...

kwame k
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
It's just getting old at this point, with online partisan "conservatives" being just like talking dolls with pull-chords making them say the same old talking-points cliche spam...

My God, it's going back to the old Tax and Spend Democrats mantra.

Yet, no one is saying how much their taxes have gone up?

sadaist
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
I thought this thread was about Obama misconstruing .... words...:(

It is and it isn't. You have fallen victim to the media spin as I'm sure most people reading this story will. Obama did not "misinterpret" or "misconstrue" Castros words...the media did. It clearly states what each leader said, and neither of them said anything remotely close to what the media hyped all week and that eventually made Fidel upset. The media took a relatively innocent exchange of statements and ran with headlines & stories of how now that Obama is in charge, everything with everyone is going to be ok, just look at Cuba! 50 years and now Obama is the one who is going to finally make things good with Cuba. Raul Castro respects Obama so much he will do this & that to work with him and make things right.

Don't get me wrong here, Obama handled this beginning dialect with Cuba perfectly. I'm not blaming him one bit and think he may be on the right track as far as our relations go with Cuba. I'm blaming the media for misreporting this story from the start and blaming Obama for "misinterpreting" now that Fidel is throwing it back in their faces.

As for the tax quote, I just found that particularly amusing. Especially with the recent tea parties and Obama being likened to a Communist...like Castro. Obamas ideology fits rather nicely with Fidels on this last line....."Castro said that Cuba uses the (taxes) to provide free health care, education and subsidized food to all of its population."

sadaist
04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes or no. Has Obama called for tax reductions for a MAJORITY of Americans?

I really don't give a fuck what he "calls for", I care what he actually does. President Bush called for "unifying" the country....how'd he do? But your answer is yes, he has called for it.

this laughter fit you're in?

Dude, I'd much rather be in a fit of laughter than permanently on the rag. You've groaned 117 times so far as of the time of this post. Whine much?

Then you can go back to your ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYZ!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEWgs6YQR9A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iEWgs6YQR9A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FORD
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
50 years and now Obama is the one who is going to finally make things good with Cuba. Raul Castro respects Obama so much he will do this & that to work with him and make things right.

It's inevitable that we will "make things good" - or at least better - with Cuba. Fidel is on his death bed and out of power. Raul won't be the permanent guy as he's no spring chicken himself, and he seems somewhat more open to change, "misquoted" or not. Obama may well be the US president in office when it happens, and hopefully he will handle it well. But it never could happen under a BCE administration, because no Castro is going to talk to the BCE, for obvious reasons.

LoungeMachine
04-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I

Dude, I'd much rather be in a fit of laughter than permanently on the rag. You've groaned 117 times so far as of the time of this post. Whine much?

>

I've also THANKED almost 800 times.

I just have to laugh at you Rush/Hannity/Beck -bots.

Think for yourself much?

sadaist
04-22-2009, 04:30 PM
It's inevitable that we will "make things good" - or at least better - with Cuba. Fidel is on his death bed and out of power. Raul won't be the permanent guy as he's no spring chicken himself, and he seems somewhat more open to change, "misquoted" or not. Obama may well be the US president in office when it happens, and hopefully he will handle it well. But it never could happen under a BCE administration, because no Castro is going to talk to the BCE, for obvious reasons.

Like I said, I think Obama handled it great and I think he is on the right track with Cuba. Yet the story blames him for misinterpreting when it was actually the media that did.

sadaist
04-22-2009, 04:32 PM
I've also THANKED almost 800 times.

:

For a second I thought that said that you've WANKED almost 800 times. I was thinking I finally had you beat in at least one category.:biggrin:

Kristy
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
The whole U.S. policy towards Cuba needs to change. After some 50-plus years of failure by the hands of over-paranoid Rethuglicans running the State Department it's time to reappeal the embargos and restrictions and look upon the Cuban people as human beings in the world.

But really, I'd love to relax on a beach there sipping a Cuba Libre all day.

http://supercocktails.com/i/0/289/Cuba+Libre.jpg
Yum!

ZahZoo
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
The whole U.S. policy towards Cuba needs to change. After some 50-plus years of failure by the hands of over-paranoid Rethuglicans running the State Department it's time to reappeal the embargos and restrictions and look upon the Cuban people as human beings in the world.

Hmmm we've had 5 democratic presidents and 6 replublican in the last 50 years. That's a pretty even split... Majority of that time congress was a democratic majority.

What's so darn special about the current bunch?

FORD
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Well the problem with the 6 Republicans is that they were all BCE. And it's the BCE who's had the personal grudge with Castro. Seems that old Nazi Prescott Bush Sr. was making a good chunk of money off of Cuban sugar plantations under the Batista regime and that's why the CIA, specifically Poppy took such an interest in trying to fuck with Castro. Bay of Pigs failed, but Poppy spent years keeping the radical Cuban right wing alive in Miami, and when he moved north to DC, he turned those operations over to Jeb. Of course the BCE "agricultural imports" business also operated out of Miami. But that's a whole different subject.

swage33
04-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Well the problem with the 6 Republicans is that they were all BCE. And it's the BCE who's had the personal grudge with Castro. Seems that old Nazi Prescott Bush Sr. was making a good chunk of money off of Cuban sugar plantations under the Batista regime and that's why the CIA, specifically Poppy took such an interest in trying to fuck with Castro. Bay of Pigs failed, but Poppy spent years keeping the radical Cuban right wing alive in Miami, and when he moved north to DC, he turned those operations over to Jeb. Of course the BCE "agricultural imports" business also operated out of Miami. But that's a whole different subject.

Man, this is so much bullshit. Ford, who is totally devoid of convictions and principles projects his perspective on everyone else in the world. Is it so far fetched that good people didn't want to validate a government that treats it's people the way communist governments do? Are we to forget that Castro offered his soil to the USSR so that they may have first strike capabilities allowing them to kill more Americans? I'm not responding to you for your benefit because I know you are truly lost in hatred. This is for the benefit of those who may not know.

By the way...If the BCE has so much power, why do you speak so freely about them? Don't you fear such power? Who protects you from them? What is the source of your power?

lesfunk
04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Are we to forget that Castro offered his soil to the USSR so that they may have first strike capabilities allowing them to kill more Americans?

I thought Castro tried to deal with the U.S. First and We told him to fuck off, so then he went to the Soviets.

swage33
04-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I thought Castro tried to deal with the U.S. First and We told him to fuck off, so then he went to the Soviets.

With all due respect, Mr. Funk, this isn't about facts...this is about one-up-manship. Get with the program.

lesfunk
04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry. Carry on then...

swage33
04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey, I know we got groans and thank yous but how about a ritalin button? I think ford needs some. Apparently, his beatnik parents didn't give him enough.

FORD
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Go fuck your sister, Cletus. And try something different this time, and make it the one who's "legal"

swage33
04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Go fuck your sister, Cletus. And try something different this time, and make it the one who's "legal"

"You gotta help us, Doc! We've tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas!"

Nickdfresh
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
It is and it isn't. You have fallen victim to the media spin as I'm sure most people reading this story will. Obama did not "misinterpret" or "misconstrue" Castros words...the media did. It clearly states what each leader said, and neither of them said anything remotely close to what the media hyped all week and that eventually made Fidel upset. The media took a relatively innocent exchange of statements and ran with headlines & stories of how now that Obama is in charge, everything with everyone is going to be ok, just look at Cuba! 50 years and now Obama is the one who is going to finally make things good with Cuba. Raul Castro respects Obama so much he will do this & that to work with him and make things right.

Don't get me wrong here, Obama handled this beginning dialect with Cuba perfectly. I'm not blaming him one bit and think he may be on the right track as far as our relations go with Cuba. I'm blaming the media for misreporting this story from the start and blaming Obama for "misinterpreting" now that Fidel is throwing it back in their faces.

As for the tax quote, I just found that particularly amusing. Especially with the recent tea parties and Obama being likened to a Communist...like Castro. Obamas ideology fits rather nicely with Fidels on this last line....."Castro said that Cuba uses the (taxes) to provide free health care, education and subsidized food to all of its population."

So you use communist propaganda to spread disinformation whenever possible?

ELVIS
04-22-2009, 10:14 PM
The ex-president had previously expressed his admiration for Obama, but this time Castro blasted the new U.S. president for showing signs of "superficiality."

Can't argue with that...

Obama still goes around as if he were on the campaign trail...

He's turning out to be a big disappointment...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Man, this is so much bullshit. Ford, who is totally devoid of convictions and principles projects his perspective on everyone else in the world. Is it so far fetched that good people didn't want to validate a government that treats it's people the way communist governments do? Are we to forget that Castro offered his soil to the USSR so that they may have first strike capabilities allowing them to kill more Americans? I'm not responding to you for your benefit because I know you are truly lost in hatred. This is for the benefit of those who may not know.

By the way...If the BCE has so much power, why do you speak so freely about them? Don't you fear such power? Who protects you from them? What is the source of your power?

Don't forget how we "liberated" Cuba from Spain to be our bitch-colony, and then saddled them with 60 years of military dictator pricks backed by the Mob...

ELVIS
04-22-2009, 10:24 PM

Thanks, because I wouldn't have wasted my time saying all of that...

But, I don't think FORD is totally devoid of convictions or principles...

Some of his posts (I hope) are for shock power, or the power of BULLSHIT...I hope...:biggrin:

But the BCE crap is tired, old and mostly BULLSHIT!

FORD
04-22-2009, 10:57 PM
The "BCE crap" has all been well documented. But their actions are indeed bullshit. So is the fact that they keep getting away with it. :(

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Don't forget how we "liberated" Cuba from Spain to be our bitch-colony, and then saddled them with 60 years of military dictator pricks backed by the Mob...

And STOLE Gitmo from them.....

Big Train
04-23-2009, 01:27 AM

If someone ever invents a time machine, Ford gets first crack so he can sit down with Prescott. I'll buy the transcript and a T-shirt....

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 03:46 AM
..I'll tape the gun to the toilet.

Big Train
04-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Make sure to ask permission to use the bathroom first...

Big Train
04-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Everyone must have thought this through a bit. It's either true naivete on Obama's part or brilliant strategy. Hard to tell at this point.

If it is naivete, he probably took Cuba for a loop. I think he said things Raul wasn't truly prepared for, which prompted Fidel to clarify to preserve the status quo. I think Raul's remarks were a fishing trip. He was surprised perhaps to find a fish.

If it was strategy, it is brilliant. Opens up the idea of letting Cuba "back in the fold", which would call into question Cuba's Russian gambit entirely. Leaves more questions for Cuba to respond to the Russians over.

Cheaper than "forward projection" of power in these lean times.

Just not sure whether he meant it as strategy as I feel Chavez schooled him in terms of spin.

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Until the Castros are dead and gone, and for a few years thereafter, Cuba will remain the Cuba as we know it...Obama isn't going to smooth talk then into his pocket, as he may very well think...

And judging by Fidel's comments (if they are in fact, his), he still has quite a bit of mental clarity, probably because in Cuba, they don't drink flouride and take vaccines for everything...

Big Train
04-23-2009, 04:21 AM
So the lack of Colgate with flouride is helping his foreign policy mental clarity?

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 04:44 AM
There have been much wilder theories floating around this forum...;)

ZahZoo
04-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Time to retire the BCE crap Ford... in this example it makes you look fanatically stupid and quite shorthanded in the objectivity zone...

Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford & Regan had nothing rooted in your little Bush conspiracy camp in regards to adminsitration or State dept policy towards Cuba.

If your beloved Democrats were so fucking great... explain why relations with Cuba stayed firmly planted in the status-quo zone during the Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton administrations..?

Did grandma Bush have a BCE cattle-prod shoved up their asses too?

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Man, this is so much bullshit. Ford, who is totally devoid of convictions and principles projects his perspective on everyone else in the world. Is it so far fetched that good people didn't want to validate a government that treats it's people the way communist governments do?

So I guess we'll boycott Wal-Mart and never buy an American flag or borrow Trillions of dollars to fund unjustified wars.
All made possible by a Communist Country with a horrible human rights track record, You Know China.

You really are an idiot.

sadaist
04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
So I guess we'll boycott Wal-Mart and never buy an American flag or borrow Trillions of dollars to fund unjustified wars.
All made possible by a Communist Country with a horrible human rights track record, You Know China.

You really are an idiot.

I will refer to the Made In USA thread NickD started. Still some things to be found, albeit much harder than during our grandparents youth.

Nickdfresh
04-23-2009, 10:26 AM
And STOLE Gitmo from them.....

Naw, we rent that. :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
The best thing the US could do would be to unilaterally remove the sanctions and kill Cuban communism with our consumer goods. In a few years, you'd have a multiparty gov't there...

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Naw, we rent that. :biggrin:

LMAO

Yes, much like we're only flopping on Iraq's couch for a few nights....

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I will refer to the Made In USA thread NickD started. Still some things to be found, albeit much harder than during our grandparents youth.

Agreed. The point is, we are in bed with a Communist Country and are beholden to them. We have a partnership with them. Yes, if we fail they fail but saying we take the high road and boycott a Communist Country because of how they treat their people is a joke.

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Just send 'em some free Chinese crap and free poison chinese / american food and they'll shut up...

FORD
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM
The difference between China and Cuba is this.....

Prescott Bush Sr. made money in Cuba under the Batista regime from sugar, and lost it when Castro nationalized the industry.

Prescott Bush Jr. became the chairman of the "U.S. China Chamber of Commerce", thus the BCE makes money from China.

Therefore, foreign policy towards Communist countries has been a literal case of "who benefits?" And when the BCE does, apparently they become "good" Commies.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM
BCE shit aside, that's it. We determine which countries are beneficial to us and we could give less than a fuck about human rights. Iraq in the 80's anyone!

FORD
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Thing is, you can't put the BCE shit aside, because their personal profits have been a factor in so much of this shit. Like with their business partners in Saudi Arabia, for example. Which includes not only the House of Saud itself, but also the Bin Laden family.

As for Saddam, there's a common thread with him, and with Noriega in Panama. Once they were no longer useful as a BCE stooge, they became a convenient "enemy". Though Saddam obviously played that role better than old Manuel did. Hell, they got TWO wars out of Iraq. Actually three, since the "defense" industry was arming both sides of the Iran/Iraq war.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Thing is, you can't put the BCE shit aside, because their personal profits have been a factor in so much of this shit. Like with their business partners in Saudi Arabia, for example. Which includes not only the House of Saud itself, but also the Bin Laden family.

As for Saddam, there's a common thread with him, and with Noriega in Panama. Once they were no longer useful as a BCE stooge, they became a convenient "enemy". Though Saddam obviously played that role better than old Manuel did. Hell, they got TWO wars out of Iraq. Actually three, since the "defense" industry was arming both sides of the Iran/Iraq war.

To look at the history of the Bush Family Dynasty you see that they are a very powerful and influential family. They have had influence on world policy, on that there can be no dispute. Their business associations with nefarious charters is well documented. Are they the leaders of the NWO or just a bunch of greedy whores, that's the real question.

swage33
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM

Jesus Christ! How far back am I to go with this fucking Island? You say, "Don't forget", I say do forget ancient bullshit.

swage33
04-23-2009, 09:36 PM

You really are an idiot.

Oh no! The gloves are off now. Come on, Kwame, I wasn't stating anything other than alternative possibilities in an attempt to throw some real juice on Ritalin boy's lunacy.

Now, I know that you feel compelled to defend a friend and I commend you for that. But, as I have stated earlier, my treatment of Fiat is exactly what he was looking for. Because of me he is fulfilled. Because of me he has purpose. Because of me, his parents don't have to research drugs anymore.

Do you really think I am an idiot? I warn you, I am not a lightweight. You may want to leave it alone...you fucking idiot.

FORD
04-23-2009, 09:42 PM
It's too bad your parents (brother and sister) didn't "research drugs", Cletus. Specifically, anti-psychotics.

And you're like the BCE.... you seem to favor some dictators over others. And some Communist regimes over others.

Don't they call that hypocrisy up in the hills, hillbilly?

swage33
04-23-2009, 09:49 PM
It's too bad your parents (brother and sister) didn't "research drugs", Cletus. Specifically, anti-psychotics.

And you're like the BCE.... you seem to favor some dictators over others. And some Communist regimes over others.

Don't they call that hypocrisy up in the hills, hillbilly?

You know, looking past your lame attempts to insult me, I am curious about your statement. Please elaborate...honestly.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh no! The gloves are off now. Come on, Kwame, I wasn't stating anything other than alternative possibilities in an attempt to throw some real juice on Ritalin boy's lunacy. Whatever your ulterior motives were, it can not erase what you've posted.

Now, I know that you feel compelled to defend a friend and I commend you for that. But, as I have stated earlier, my treatment of Fiat is exactly what he was looking for. Because of me he is fulfilled. Because of me he has purpose. Because of me, his parents don't have to research drugs anymore.

Oh ok, I guess I'm glad you guys have a symbiotic type relationship? I don't have to defend "my friend" he is more than capable of handing you your ass.

Do you really think I am an idiot? I warn you, I am not a lightweight. You may want to leave it alone...you fucking idiot.

Please don't type mean words at me........please don't threaten me either.

What ever would I do if a tough guy like you posted mean words in my direction......Oh the Humanity!

Is it so far fetched that good people didn't want to validate a government that treats it's people the way communist governments do?

When you post stupid shit like this, I don't have to think you're an idiot , you pretty much confirm it.

swage33
04-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Whatever your ulterior motives were, it can not erase what you've posted.

Oh ok, I guess I'm glad you guys have a symbiotic type relationship? I don't have to defend "my friend" he is more than capable of handing you your ass.

Please don't type mean words at me........please don't threaten me either.

What ever would I do if a tough guy like you posted mean words in my direction......Oh the Humanity!

When you post stupid shit like this, I don't have to think you're an idiot , you pretty much confirm it.

So, that statement, as opposed to a grand BCE conspiracy, makes me an idiot? Really? No insults for Ford but I am an idiot? Hardly an impartial assessment. Who's side are you on, anyway?

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Who's side are you on, anyway?

My own.

swage33
04-23-2009, 10:09 PM
My own.

Got no beef with you, Kwame, but bullshit is bullshit no matter who it spews from. Just trying to level the playing field.

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 10:10 PM
BCE shit aside, that's it. We determine which countries are beneficial to us and we could give less than a fuck about human rights. Iraq in the 80's anyone!
How 'bout Iran until '79?

You nailed it right there K, no point in being slag33's life coach.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Got no beef with you, Kwame, but bullshit is bullshit no matter who it spews from. Just trying to level the playing field.

No beef with you either, I was just replying to the fact you were saying good people boycotted a Communist Country.........it never happened, our government embargoed a Communist Country, not a grassroots uprising by the common folks who were outraged.

Cuba was a vacation spot and a gambling spot for Americans to go to.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM

:biggrin:

swage33
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
No beef with you either, I was just replying to the fact you were saying good people boycotted a Communist Country.........it never happened, our government embargoed a Communist Country, not a grassroots uprising by the common folks who were outraged.

Cuba was a vacation spot and a gambling spot for Americans to go to.

Understood that it may have come across that way, but, would you agree that it was something other than a grand Bush conspiracy?

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
You know, looking past your lame attempts to insult me, I am curious about your statement. Please elaborate...honestly.Try and find a book to read down there.....preferably one that hasn't been lying in an outhouse with half the pages missing,

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM

:lmao:

:lol:

Stop, I beg. my sides.

****Internet Tough Guy Alert****

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Understood that it may have come across that way, but, would you agree that it was something other than a grand Bush conspiracy?

Depends on how you look at it.
Ever read a book about the history of the Bush family and all the control and manipulation they were able to do over the last 100 years. I may not go as far as FORD does with the BCE but you can't deny that this family has controlled world events and manipulated them for their family's benefit. Like I said before, are they puppet masters or just greedy power hungry whores?

swage33
04-23-2009, 10:29 PM

I don't argue that at all. We did some pretty shitty things with some pretty shitty people. Should I carry shame for this? Should I hate my country for this? As it is, something current happens and then somebody whips out something from the past and stands strong on it as a counter point.

If I owe let me know how much....the cold war is gone, boys. The cold warriors in this country are gone or out of power.

On the other hand, how should one protect US interests abroad when the major players in the arena choose to dwell in ignorance? Do you sit down and reason with them? Do you extend a bare hand when it will most likely be bitten off? Hindsight is a hell of a luxury...it's easy to judge the past by today's standards. If evil was wrought, both Dems and Pubs share the blame. Neither side holds the high ground here.

By the way, Sheep, Slag33 is not "in" right now. If you want to be hip, you should refer to me as a sister fucking inbred idiot. The "idiot" is new.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't argue that at all. We did some pretty shitty things with some pretty shitty people. Should I carry shame for this? Should I hate my country for this? As it is, something current happens and then somebody whips out something from the past and stands strong on it as a counter point. I don't hate my country for this but I subscribe to the old maxim, those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

If I owe let me know how much....the cold war is gone, boys. The cold warriors in this country are gone or out of power. No shit the Cold War is over, I wish someone would of keyed Bush's administration of this fact before we invaded a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. They could not grasp the fact that a bunch of guys with beards sitting around a campfire could implement a terrorist attack.

On the other hand, how should one protect US interests abroad when the major players in the arena choose to dwell in ignorance? Do you sit down and reason with them? Do you extend a bare hand when it will most likely be bitten off? Hindsight is a hell of a luxury...it's easy to judge the past by today's standards. If evil was wrought, both Dems and Pubs share the blame. Neither side holds the high ground here.
Of course we sit down with them and try to reason with them......War should always be a last resort and not a Foreign Policy. If after all else fails, then yes we war but until then shouldn't we try every means in our power to not let our Military go into harms way?

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't argue that at all. We did some pretty shitty things with some pretty shitty people. Should I carry shame for this? Should I hate my country for this? As it is, something current happens and then somebody whips out something from the past and stands strong on it as a counter point.

If I owe let me know how much....the cold war is gone, boys. The cold warriors in this country are gone or out of power.

By the way, Sheep, Slag33 is not "in" right now. If you want to be hip, you should refer to me as a sister fucking inbred idiot. The "idiot" is new.

Nobody's suggesting you "hate your country"-there's a huge difference in being an America hater and being fed up with the hypocrisy in it's diplomacy abroad. You have some catching up to do in this area, apparently.

Sorry, but I have to flip you some shit about being from West By God. I did the same to K, it's just my way of saying hello....

Now go feed the chickens.:hee:

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM
LMAO

Yes, much like we're only flopping on Iraq's couch for a few nights....

How long do you think we will have troops there, honestly?

The smart money is on at least a skeleton crew there another decade.

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM

The smart money is on at least a skeleton crew there another decade.

Look at Germany and Korea for your answer.....

We're never leaving.

Literally.

kwame k
04-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Sorry, but I have to flip you some shit about being from West By God. I did the same to K, it's just my way of saying hello....

Well, it's better than how you used to say hello........

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/BrittVJ/Funny%20Random%20Internet/kicknut.jpg

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Ooooohhhhh! Down goes Frazier!

ELVIS
04-24-2009, 12:08 AM
:lmao:

:lol:

Stop, I beg. my sides.

****Internet Tough Guy Alert****

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha !!!

:lmao::elvis:

ELVIS
04-24-2009, 12:09 AM
No really...

Hahahahahahahaha !!!

:biggrin::D:elvis:

ELVIS
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM

What is it, 14 Military bases built in Iraq ??

You don't think that we built them for the Iraq Army to play Cowboys and Talibans, do you ??

hideyoursheep
04-24-2009, 12:30 AM
What is it, 14 Military bases built in Iraq ??

You don't think that we built them for the Iraq Army to play Cowboys and Talibans, do you ??

:elvis: There are no Taliban in Iraq, ELVIS...you have Al-Qadea confused with their former Afghan hosts.

If we tore their bases up, wouldn't rebuilding them be the right thing to do?

Just not KBR. Those fuckers charge too much.

Blaze
04-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Cowboys and Indians, Elvis?
Is that really a good example???

GAR
04-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Once they were no longer useful as a BCE stooge, they became a convenient "enemy".

You're referring to United Fruit Company?

Did you forget the US won Cuba off Spain, it was a territorial posession of the USA same as Puerto Rico still is today?

If Obama with his lawyering buys out the Castros, we could be sending USDA food stamps to another of our former possesions, which he could technically do by asserting rights to the island, or stitching the Monroe Doctrine to it. Or using a few other precepts, we could reprotectoratize Cuba.

Hahahah watch Obama hand the keys to Cuba over to Bush Sr. while the taxpayer pays all those people to go on welfare.. I'd say let em all stay Communist another 50 years to teach them a lesson about overthrowing a dictator until they get fed up and finally do it for themselves.

hideyoursheep
04-24-2009, 05:49 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4w9EksAo5hY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4w9EksAo5hY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GAR, you're stoopid.

ELVIS
04-24-2009, 07:31 AM

It was like a bit of humor to get my point across, &#191;Comprende?

Why would we build multiple bases in that region ??

A 20 April 2003 report in The New York Times (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/iraq-intro.htm) asserted that "the U.S. is planning a long-term military relationship with the emerging government of Iraq, one that would grant the Pentagon access to military bases and project American influence into the heart of the unsettled region."

Blaze
04-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Because of the IM.

swage33
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM
It was like a bit of humor to get my point across, ¿Comprende?

A 20 April 2003 report in The New York Times (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/iraq-intro.htm) asserted that "the U.S. is planning a long-term military relationship with the emerging government of Iraq, one that would grant the Pentagon access to military bases and project American influence into the heart of the unsettled region."

Hey, E, just flirt with her...she can't handle it!

Nickdfresh
04-24-2009, 10:07 PM
It was like a bit of humor to get my point across, ¿Comprende?

Yeah, that plan was ruined by all the road side bombs going off and the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis dying the civil war the US military was powerless to stop and effectively had to stand by and watch...

It was the plan, but a plan that is no longer politically acceptable...