PDA

View Full Version : Police investigating death of Freddie Mac official

kwame k
04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
WASHINGTON – David Kellermann, the acting chief financial officer of mortgage giant Freddie Mac, was found dead at his home Wednesday morning in what police said was an apparent suicide.

Mary Ann Jennings, director of public information for the Fairfax County, Va., Police Department, said Kellermann was found dead in his Reston, Va., home. The 41-year-old Kellermann has been Freddie Mac's chief financial officer since September.

Jennings said that a crime scene crew and homicide detectives were investigating the death, but that there didn't appear to be any sign of foul play.

McLean-based Freddie Mac has been criticized heavily for reckless business practices that some argue contributed to the housing and financial crisis. Freddic Mac is a government-controlled company that owns or guarantees about 13 million home loans. CEO David Moffett resigned last month.

Freddie Mac and sibling company Fannie Mae, which together own or back more than half of the home mortgages in the country, have been hobbled by skyrocketing loan defaults and have received about $60 billion in combined federal aid.

Kellermann was named acting chief financial officer in September 2008, after the resignation of Anthony "Buddy" Piszel, who stepped down after the September 2008 government takeover. The chief financial officer is responsible for the company's financial controls, financial reporting and oversight of the company's budget and financial planning.

Before taking that job, Kellerman served as senior vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer. He was with Freddie Mac for more than 16 years.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_freddie_mac_official_dead;_ylt=ApgLi4SJaWeoA10s iE2zPU2yFz4D)

kwame k
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Don't know any personal details about this guy's family. If he had a wife and children then my condolences to them.

Having a hard time feeling empathy for this guy.

fryingdutchman
04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Just saw this come across the wire myself.

A guilty conscience takes its toll?

Big Train
04-23-2009, 12:58 AM
BCE Plot? Ford, any thoughts?

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 01:22 AM
He can't talk now...

A chief financial officer should know quite a bit of information...

No sign of foul play ??

Hmmm...

:elvis:

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 01:26 AM
The butler did it.

:gulp:

FORD
04-23-2009, 02:04 AM
BCE Plot? Ford, any thoughts?

Does anybody really commit suicide in Northern VA?

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I dunno...

Maybe after you did exactly what the Feds told you to do and now they are coming to get you...

Either that or hide in a big hole like Saddam...

But I dunno...

I've read a few reports and heard a few radio comments...I don't think he killed himself...

But, like Ozzy said...

I don't Know

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Just like I dont believe Kenny Boy Lay died of a "heart attack"

And what about the guy who claimed his plane was being fucked with by BushCO, and then it crashes.....

Am I entering FORD Country?

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Not yet, but i'm sure you've sparked his imagination...:D

LoungeMachine
04-23-2009, 02:40 AM
:D

I may not BE in FORD Country, but I sure as hell can SEE it from here....

Let's not forget the "suicide" of the anthrax suspect, who we all know DIDNT DO IT.

ELVIS
04-23-2009, 03:04 AM
Hmmm...

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 03:28 AM
It's like Jimmy Burke after the Lufthansa Heist.

All the players disappear except for the mastermind.

Big Train
04-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Thought De Niro's character ended up in jail at the end of "good fellas"...

hideyoursheep
04-23-2009, 04:44 AM
Thought De Niro's character ended up in jail at the end of "good fellas"...
Once he was ratted out. Who's gonna rat on the BCE? They leave dead witnesses everywhere!