PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, Mormons Don't Like Led Zeppelin

Kristy
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
What didn't work in Panama or Waco sure works now.

Story Here (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124052112850249691.html?hammerofthegods)

FORD
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM
....Following an unseasonably warm winter, some in Elko County fear a big crop this year of Mormon crickets, known more precisely as shield-backed katydids......

I thought that lunatic was Catholic? :confused12:

LoungeMachine
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Most overrated band in history? = LZ

Most overrated guitarist in history? = JP

Most overrated vocalist on history? - RP

Most overrated drummer in history? = JB

Most overrrated bassist in history? = JPJ

:gulp:

Yeah, I said it.

Blaze
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
When I wanted to get rid of a crowd, I flipped on obnoxious zydeco. Heeeeey Heeee:biggrin:

thome
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM

Yeah, I said it.

We already knew you would say anything for attention .

I really don't think we want to know what you will do for attention.

:ky:

Zep is gaddamn good band...

more than I can say for the other 12,000 thru history.:fufu:

Blaze
04-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Oh that's rich! :rolleyes:

Satan
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Thome, go to Heaven already http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d095.gif

thome
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Thome, go to Heaven already http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d095.gif

stop spelling my name with a capital t

it is no sign of respect or correct

Blaze
04-26-2009, 08:19 PM
de lushional,Oh yes, he was looking to show you respect......

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM
What's really odd about this idea is that there appears to be little scientific study given to why the bugs are affected by the music. Could it be the frequency, or even simple volume that is causing the reaction? Would white noise or static have the same effect?

It isn't all that difficult of an experiment to set up and perform. Get a sealed glass aquarium, throw in a handful of the roaches and project various sounds at them through a speaker. Then sit back and witness which sounds sonically aggitate the critters, or better yet make them go poof.

Otherwise, the concept seems pretty much like getting rid of a pesky fly by using a shotgun.

kwame k
04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Otherwise, the concept seems pretty much like getting rid of a pesky fly by using a shotgun.

Let me get this straight..........you're saying don't use a shotgun to kill flies?;)

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Let me get this straight..........you're saying don't use a shotgun to kill flies?;)

For some reason, it tends to create holes in the wall, letting more flies in. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/)

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5475/fudd.png (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fudd.png)

kwame k
04-27-2009, 01:07 PM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKp3Nj7lXhM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKp3Nj7lXhM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

binnie
04-27-2009, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I said it.

Just like the thread title said Lounge - morons don't like Led Zeppelin :D

LoungeMachine
04-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Just like the thread title said Lounge - morons don't like Led Zeppelin :D

:lmao:

Well played, asshole. :D

Matt White
04-27-2009, 02:21 PM
HA!!!

He got 'em............

kwame k
04-27-2009, 02:31 PM
:lmao:

Well played, asshole. :D

Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy;)

LoungeMachine
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy;)

Speaking of overrated drummers..... :D

kwame k
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Speaking of overrated drummers..... :D

Oh man! I was waiting for that one.

I have to disagree about JB, though. He was a huge influence on many hard rock drummers and it's the nuance of his playing that is tough to recreate, kinda like Karen Carpenter:headlights:

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh man! I was waiting for that one.

I have to disagree about JB, though. He was a huge influence on many hard rock drummers and it's the nuance of his playing that is tough to recreate, kinda like Karen Carpenter:headlights:

Lounge is correct in every respect regarding aspects being overrated except the band and the drummer. They really didn't come up normal pop songs. Plant couldn't sing one, Page couldn't write one, and Jonesy was an average instrumentalist at best. Yet together, they were a great band and the albums (yet not necessarily all of the songs on them) hold up remarkably well, to this day.

kwame k
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Lounge is correct in every respect regarding aspects being overrated except the band and the drummer. They really didn't come up normal pop songs. Plant couldn't sing one, Page couldn't write one, and Jonesy was an average instrumentalist at best. Yet together, they were a great band and the albums (yet not necessarily all of the songs on them) hold up remarkably well, to this day.

They sure do hold up well. I don't think JB was the greatest drummer ever to live but you can hear his influence and Zep's influence on many bands. Bonham's right foot and some of his grooves were amazing. He may not of been the most technically intricate drummer but that dude could make a song swing.

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
They sure do hold up well. I don't think JB was the greatest drummer ever to live but you can hear his influence and Zep's influence on many bands. Bonham's right foot and some of his grooves were amazing. He may not of been the most technically intricate drummer but that dude could make a song swing.

I've mentioned this before. It took me a while to figure out why the Zeppelin "reunion" in 2007 didn't quite seem to work for me. After listening to the tracks for several days, I realized it was what you mentioned: Bonhams' swing was missing. His kid does an OK job, yet tends to thud where his dad used a different approach. And this is precisely the point that all drummers since have missed entirely, the considered approach John Bonham used. His playing at times seemed overtly simplistic, yet the truth is, try playing his stuff. If anything, he underplayed certain aspects of his time keeping.

Check this out: The clip perfectly displays Bonham's ability to stretch time. Be warned, you'll find yourself watching it roughly 3 or 4 times, just to catch on to what is taking place!

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FVEdRlxMGI&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7FVEdRlxMGI&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

kwame k
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
And this is precisely the point that all drummers since have missed entirely, the considered approach John Bonham used. His playing at times seemed overtly simplistic, yet the truth is, try playing his stuff. If anything, he underplayed certain aspects of his time keeping.

Exactly! Having played Bonham for years, I can tell you he is one drummer that is very difficult to recreate. It's not his fills and tricks, it's his finesse. His behind the beat playing and his sense of where the song needs to go rhythmically, that has always impressed me about his playing. Like the clip you posted, it's the subtle stuff that most people miss.

LoungeMachine
04-27-2009, 03:49 PM
It's not that we "miss" it, it's that we don't care. ;)

I get the fact he was different from the pack. I get the fact he's been a huge influence.

I just find the whole deification of LZ a joke. They literally stole most of their best stuff.

But hey, can't argue with success/sales/charts.

kwame k
04-27-2009, 03:56 PM

I get the fact he was different from the pack. I get the fact he's been a huge influence.

I just find the whole deification of LZ a joke. They literally stole most of their best stuff.

No argument here on those points.

I never understood how a band can steal music from other people and take credit for writing it. Zep was great and I love a ton of their songs but they weren't the end all be all to music that people make them out to be.

When I hear about Page suing people over copyrights or the pirating of their music, I can't help but think this guy is the biggest hypocrite on the face of the planet. I understand the need to protect your music but come on, how can you honestly complain about people stealing music that you took in the first place.

Kinda like calling the cops because the bag of pot you got was stolen.

lesfunk
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
They literally stole most of their best stuff.

Which is exactly why they're so brilliant!;)

LoungeMachine
04-27-2009, 04:20 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pTsvs-pAGDc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pTsvs-pAGDc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 04:22 PM

You see, I have issues with the deification of anything, let alone a handful of dorks in a band. Hell, the absurdity of Jimmy Page's outright musical thefts even was fodder for a joke on The Simpsons, for cryin' out loud. As a musical influence though, they can't be denied. The finite quality of that influence, along with it's derivation is the sticking point.

Let's face it, these guys were the most cut-throat opportunists this side of the Mafia. Be it stealing musical ideas or extorting promoters, these guys found a way to make (and keep) as much money as the Vatican. If you notice however, Page has never gone after people for songwriting. The one time he filed legal action, it was over items stolen from his own home and turned into bootleg material. As kwame pointed out, for Page to bitch about being ripped off otherwise is just plain silly.

Igosplut
04-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Kinda like calling the cops because the bag of pot you got was stolen.

Naw, more like calling the cops because the stolen plans you were using to build a house just got ripped off.....

The pot thing is just what idiots do......

LoungeMachine
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."

"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.

"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).

"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."

"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."

"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).

"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."

"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."

"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).

"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.

"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.

"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.

"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.

"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.

"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."

"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."

Led Zeppelin (http://www.warr.org/zep.html)

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Try this. It pretty much proves that Page wasn't the only pick-pocket in the band. Old Leather-Lungs must've heard this someplace...

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrvWFn-Eb7o&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vrvWFn-Eb7o&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Kristy
04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
When I hear about Page suing people over copyrights or the pirating of their music, I can't help but think this guy is the biggest hypocrite on the face of the planet. I understand the need to protect your music but come on, how can you honestly complain about people stealing music that you took in the first place.

I never cared much for Zeppelin myself. Granted, John Bonham was one amazing drummer; he may not have had the mechanics of say, that douchebag in Rush but no one can plays fills or have that snare/hi-hat sound like he did.

Speaking of douchebags, Page is the biggest plagiarist in rock and you can search for websites that well document this. Even when Zep were being sued by the Muddy Waters estate or Sonny Boy Williamson for ripping off lyric and/or riff did he admit any shame for having such arrogance. The guy was hardly an original or an visionary (unlike Jeff Beck) to me, he was a clever little con artist who kept Zep afloat by revamping stranded blues licks making them sound more modern with volume.

Musician wise Zep were a well-casted band but Page's production was shit especially on their last album (the In Door Out whatever one) which is so damn unlistenable that one has to be a hard core masochist to enjoy that record whole; the vocals in the mix (or lack of) are so bad (i.e., Carouselambra, In The Evening) that you think someone was placing thin strips of bamboo under Plant's fingernails. Much of Page's work behind the board was just sloppy as if he was making it up as he went along and the result was a series of disjointed records like 'Physical' which has no direction and is all over the map. No wonder a lot of their "remastered" series just sound awful. Ironically, it was Bonham's drumming that saved Zeppelin from going under before they did.

Would have been interesting to see what a good producer of the 70's like, say, Tony Visconti or even Tom Dowd could have done with this band. But Page was and still is a narcissist who had to have complete control of Zep no matter how shit they became in their later years.

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
That's the thing. Page's arrogance lead him to believe that he was the center of the cosmos at times, bordering on narcissistic sociopathy. The guy literally felt he could get away with anything (musical theft, pedophilia, drug abuse), and was given a license to do so by those around him. It is indeed terrible that it took the death of Bonham to change the status quo in Page's parallel universe.

Guitar Shark
04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Much of that sounds like EVH, actually, too...

LoungeMachine
04-27-2009, 05:00 PM
I was gonna say......

Kristy
04-27-2009, 05:16 PM
There was a documentary that was done on Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun and there is part in it where Ahmet is interviewing Page saying that even Ahmet or anyone from Atlantic Records couldn't be near the band while they were in the studio or have any say on album cover art or even the release of singles. It's a great part of the documentary because it was as if Ahmet was chastising Page but not too much seeing how Zep made him a lot of money. But Page's response(s) were highly egotistical if not a bit as you say sociopathic giving out condescending replies to Ahmet.

Page definitely proved himself in the 80's didn't he? The Firm and what was the other...? Oh yes, Page/Coverdale (my dad used to play these records for me when I was growing up) which was really a a poor man's Zep Xerox copy that I'm surprised Page didn't sue himself for being as shit as his 80's failures were. Seems as if Page could never handle the cold reality that the Hammer Of The Gods were growing old.

Even today when you read interviews of Plant (okay, so I got suckered into a subscription of 'Uncut') it's no wonder he wants to distance himself as far away as he can from the whole Zep folklore. Maybe the dude is going through a late mid-life crisis opting for screwing a certain country/Americana artists more than half his age..? Sad, really.

Kristy
04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Much of that sounds like EVH, actually, too...

Well said. Unlike Page, I still like Eddie. But to me Eddie kinda of reminds you of one of those highly spoiled 16 year-old shits on MTV who whine because the $65,000 Mercedes given to them was in red and not black. And also unlike Page, Eddie was a bit of visionary (I'm obviously discounting the Hagar years upon which he became another bloated over-paid rock star) in that no one played or sounded like him. Say what you want but there is a lot of firepower coming from his amp on the first VH album that no one else can match. Have to give credit when due no matter how painful it might be.

Kristy
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love.

Seems I was wrong. It was Willie Dixon's estate that sued Zep for the plagiarism and not Muddy Waters. Waters, it turns out, was suing his own label. Simple mix-up, you understand.

"Arc Music had sued Led Zeppelin for copyright infringement over "Bring It on Home" on Led Zeppelin II, saying that it was Dixon’s song, and won a settlement that Dixon never saw any part of until his manager did an audit of Arc’s accounts. Dixon and Muddy Waters would later file suit against Arc Music to recover royalties and the ownership of their copyrights. Additionally, many years later Dixon brought suit against Led Zeppelin for copyright infringement over "Whole Lotta Love" and its resemblance to Dixon’s "You Need Love." Both cases resulted in out-of-court settlements that were generous to the songwriter."

kwame k
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Seems I was wrong. It was Willie Dixon's estate that sued Zep for the plagiarism and not Muddy Waters. Waters, it turns out, was suing his own label. Simple mix-up, you understand.

Well, since no one has groaned at you (double entendre alert) let me be the first :biggrin:

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, since no one has groaned at you (double entendre alert) let me be the first :biggrin:

Nah, you should have groaned her for accidentally thanking the resident doofus in the "Lynn Woolsey" thread. ;)

Kristy
04-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Nah, you should have groaned her for accidentally thanking the resident doofus in the "Lynn Woolsey" thread. ;)

Eh, it was only a matter of time. I'm just surprised that hideyoursheep didn't give me one for not wanting to purchase a GM-related car.

Diamondjimi
04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Granted, John Bonham was one amazing drummer; he may not have had the mechanics of say, that douchebag in Rush but no one can plays fills or have that snare/hi-hat sound like he did.

Why all the hatin on the greatest Rock drummer of all time?

Hmm, never heard Neil referred to as a Douchebag before...I'll have to give him a call...
(Ya know ,there's only a few thousand of us up here. Everyone pretty much knows each other, and besides...I now get great cell phone reception from my igloo):biggrin:

FORD
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.

Well... at least Plant wrote some of his own lyrics to that one. Or forgot the real lyrics, whichever it was........

Blind Willie Johnson version
Nobody's fault but mine, nobody's fault but mine.
If I don't read it my soul be lost.

I have a Bible in my home, I have a Bible in my home.

Mmm, Father he taught me how to read, Father he taught me how to read.
If I don't read it my soul be lost, nobody's fault but mine.

Ah, Lord, Lord, nobody's fault but mine.

Ah, I have a Bible of my own, I have a Bible of my own.

Oh, Mother she taught me how to read, Mother she taught me how to read.

Ah, Lord, Lord, nobody's fault but mine.

And Sister she taught me how to read, Sister she taught me how to read.

Ah, mmmm, Lord, Lord, nobody's fault but mine.
If I don't read it my soul'd be lost, mmmm.

Zeppelin version
Nobody’s fault but mine [X2]
Trying to save my soul tonight
It’s nobody’s fault but mine

Devil he told me to roll [X2]
How to roll the log tonight
Nobody’s fault but mine

Brother he showed me the gong?
Brother he showed me the ding dong ding dong
How to roll, the log tonight
Oh, it’s nobody’s fault but mine

Got a monkey on my back. [X2]
Gonna change my ways tonight
Nobody’s fault but mine

I will get down rollin’ tonight
Nobody’s fault

Of course then The 77s came along, and decided that they liked Zeppelin's arrangement, but with Blind Willie's lyrics.........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vl62kgpgSpY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vl62kgpgSpY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chefcraig
04-27-2009, 10:38 PM

Hmm, never heard Neil referred to as a D******** before...I'll have to give him a call...

Personally, I've never thought of Neil Peart as a musician, let alone a drummer.

Put simply, the man is an athlete. :notworthy:

kwame k
04-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Personally, I've never thought of Neil Peart as a musician, let alone a drummer.

Put simply, the man is an athlete. :notworthy:

That pretty much sums it up.

lesfunk
04-27-2009, 11:16 PM
... and lyricist ...

Kristy
04-28-2009, 11:49 AM
...and charges $140 a ticket.

Nitro Express
04-28-2009, 01:15 PM
The Osmonds like Led Zeppelin. Jay Osmond told us the story of how him and his brothers went to check out Led Zeppelin out in London and after the show, thew threw a frisby around with the Zep band members and their kids.

Nitro Express
04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I think you people read too much into stuff. Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen are both icons and have been surrounded by admirers for decades. Would you be any different? Sure they have egos. If rock stars didn't have big egos you wouldn't give them the time of day because the whole rock and roll illusion is a egoed out wierdo who gets away with it.

Nitro Express
04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
As soon as rock and roll becomes over analyses and cork sniffing it is no longer anything I want. I would love to shove a Fender or Gibson Custom Shop, overpriced, vintage, signature guitar sideways up the ass of everyone who has turned rock and roll into the Napa Valley wine train.

Nitro Express
04-28-2009, 02:17 PM
What's the big deal about crickets? Roast them, add some salt and some chili pepper and you have a tasty snack.

FORD
04-28-2009, 02:44 PM
The Osmonds like Led Zeppelin. Jay Osmond told us the story of how him and his brothers went to check out Led Zeppelin out in London and after the show, thew threw a frisby around with the Zep band members and their kids.

That explains why Page played the solo on "Crazy Horses"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyRiNZDb5EY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MyRiNZDb5EY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lesfunk
04-28-2009, 03:16 PM
As soon as rock and roll becomes over analyses and cork sniffing it is no longer anything I want. I would love to shove a Fender or Gibson Custom Shop, overpriced, vintage, signature guitar sideways up the ass of everyone who has turned rock and roll into the Napa Valley wine train.
Oh, so you mean Don Henley and Linsday Buckingham

FORD
04-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh, so you mean Don Henley and Linsday Buckingham

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to shove a drum head up Henley's ass?

chefcraig
04-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to shove a drum head up Henley's ass?

How do you think they get that muffled drum sound on Eagles records?

Kristy
04-28-2009, 04:21 PM

I wasn't "hatin" on Bonham. In fact, he's the only musician in Zep that I can stand. Page, on the other hand, I'd love to see drop the fuck dead.

lesfunk
04-28-2009, 04:25 PM
How do you think they get that muffled drum sound on Eagles records?
I thought it was the microphone they shoved up his ass.

kwame k
04-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I thought it was the microphone they shoved up his ass.

That's how he hit all those high notes or at least that's what I read.

kwame k
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Touché:cato2:

Diamondjimi
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
I wasn't "hatin" on Bonham. In fact, he's the only musician in Zep that I can stand. Page, on the other hand, I'd love to see drop the fuck dead.

Actually ,I was referring to Neil Peart...( ya know, "that douchebag in Rush");)

And why the hate towards Page? Regardless on what he "lifted" from other artists, what he brought to the world of music production are absolutely priceless! His skills in that dept. set the bar incredibly high. His techniques ,many of them ,are industry standard to this day....:D

WARF
04-28-2009, 11:41 PM
And Robert Plant doesn't like MORMONS... so fuck them!

ODShowtime
04-29-2009, 06:27 AM

Yeah, I said it.

Lounge, I have problems with all of this but Bonzo overrated? No way. Don't be mad just because you saw one of their worst shows ever.

hideyoursheep
04-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Elvis ripped off black singers.

Holly ripped of Elvis to an extent.

The Beatles first got attention for trying to dupe the Everly Brothers and Sun sound.
The Stones.
Clapton....It gets to the point where they rip off one another. Just not everyone got sued. And it cuntinues.

Why focus on Zeppelin? It didn't start there. Not that they're one of my favorites (always hated Robert Planet's voice, except when he had strep throat on Physical Graffiti), I'm just sayin'..

hideyoursheep
04-29-2009, 06:58 AM

Is it Neil, or Ticket Master overcharging? Last I heard for 3/4 of VH it was about the same.

But you already knew that, didn't you?

hideyoursheep
04-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Eh, it was only a matter of time. I'm just surprised that hideyoursheep didn't give me one for not wanting to purchase a GM-related car.

Well, it's not like you know much about music or cars. But fuck it, it's your dime.

Are you spotting today or what?

First Neil Peart is a douchebag, (as IF you knew him) now this?

Have we met?

hideyoursheep
04-29-2009, 07:10 AM
What's the big deal about crickets? Roast them, add some salt and some chili pepper and you have a tasty snack.

Remind me not to send you to the grocery.

Do you live in Mexico?

Nitro Express
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
And Robert Plant doesn't like MORMONS... so fuck them!

Some of those Mormon girls are cute. I deffinately would like to fuck them.

Nitro Express
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Remind me not to send you to the grocery.

Do you live in Mexico?

No. I stayed in Cabo for awhile but this tequila salesman that likes red and a guy in a mullet tried to gang rape my ass. So I don't like Mexico now.

chefcraig
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
That explains why Page played the solo on "Crazy Horses"

Damn, Wayne does look like Jimmy Page. Then again, they all do. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-366.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Adult-Smileys/)

http://i40.tinypic.com/a1313k.jpg

kwame k
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Damn, Wayne does look like Jimmy Page. Then again, they all do. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-scared-smileys-366.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Adult-Smileys/)

http://i40.tinypic.com/a1313k.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Jimmypage.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Osmond.jpg

Scary isn't it;)

FORD
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Scary isn't it;)

So's this.......

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Jimmypage.jpg
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/Joe%20Biden.jpg