PDA

View Full Version : Clinton: Bush re-election would mean loss of freedom

Sarge
05-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Clinton: Bush re-election would mean loss of freedoms

By MARC HUMBERT
AP Political Writer

May 24, 2004, 3:48 PM EDT

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Re-electing President Bush will mean a loss of freedoms and "create an America we won't recognize," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is telling potential Democratic donors.

In an e-mail appeal distributed by the Democratic National Committee to help Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign, the former first lady said "the stakes in this election are incredibly high."

"If they get their way, you and I will be living in an America governed not by our hopes, but by our fears," Clinton wrote. "We'll be living in an America where we see our freedoms diminished when they ought to be embraced, our rights restricted when they ought to be strengthened."

"We'll be living in an America that shrinks away from the political and economic challenges of the 21st Century," she added.

There was no immediate comment Monday from the Bush campaign.

Clinton's fund-raising appeal, which went out last week, comes at a time when Democrats are scrambling to offset Bush's multi-million dollar, pre-general election campaign financial advantage.

On Friday, it came out that Kerry was considering delaying accepting the party's nomination until sometime after the Democratic National Convention at the end of July. That would allow him to put off the date when he would begin relying solely on $75 million in public funding for his campaign. Bush is also expected to accept such public funding, but doesn't officially become the GOP nominee until the Republican National Convention concludes in early September. Without delaying accepting the nomination, Kerry could have to make the $75 million last a month longer than Bush does.

Sen. Clinton, considered a potential 2008 White House candidate should Bush win re-election, said things are looking good for Kerry and the Democrats.

"A year ago everyone had written Democrats off," Clinton wrote in her letter. "The media had taken for granted the re-election of George Bush. Isn't it fun to prove them wrong?"

"The Bush-Cheney campaign has blown $70 million on negative ads, but it is still tied in the polls with John Kerry," Clinton added.

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/ny-bc-ny--clinton-bush0524may24,0,1265058,print.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

FORD
05-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Somebody else should have sent out this message. Hillary lost all credibility when she applauded Bush Jr's blatant LIES about Iraq being a "victory in the war on terra" with a standing ovation.

ELVIS
05-25-2004, 03:38 PM
The message is complete bullshit...

Satan
05-25-2004, 04:56 PM
No, the message is the truth. It's just the messenger who's bullshit.

Viking
05-25-2004, 09:04 PM
That fat-kneed, sloshing enema bag would look good sporting a 30.06 entry wound between her fish eyes.

Ally_Kat
05-25-2004, 10:27 PM
she needs to shut up and continue doing nothing for my state.

How much longer til I can help vote her out of office? :hula:

lucky wilbury
05-25-2004, 10:53 PM
not long get working on rudys campaign

Ally_Kat
05-26-2004, 12:08 PM
For Sentate? Nawh. My sources tell me Rudy's itching for the presidency. I'll be working on that campaign :D