PDA

View Full Version : Strummin W/The Devil

Top Jimmy
05-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Personally, I thought it was great. The 2 tunes w/D-Ro were stellar,
and the version of I'll Wait on there was outstanding.

Some people didn't dig it at all,
but I found most who didn't, just didn't care for hillbilly music...

What say you all?

Here's a refresher-
http://www.cmhrecords.com/web/images/products/9090_Lrg.jpg
Tracklist:

1. Jump
2. Jamie’s Cryin’
3. I’ll Wait
4. Runnin’ With The Devil
5. Dance The Night Away
6. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
7. Hot For Teacher
8. Feel Your Love Tonight
9. Panama
10. Unchained
11. Ice Cream Man
12. And The Cradle Will Rock
13. Could This Be Magic?
14. Eruption
15. Jamie’s Cryin’ (Radio Edit)

Download:
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/200921833/Strummin__With_The_Devil_-_Bluegrass_Tribute_to_Van_Halen-TsS4U.rar)

vaijuju
05-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I not a fan of country music, but thanks for this.

LoungeMachine
05-10-2009, 04:54 PM
While we're at it, what do you guys think of those new fangled FAX Machines?

:gulp:

What'll they think of next, huh?

Blaze
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
:biggrin:

Angel
05-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm using "Hot for Teacher" off that album in the play I'm in right now. My character has to call a square dance... the song's PERFECT for it!

kwame k
05-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm using "Hot for Teacher" off that album in the play I'm in right now. My character has to call a square dance... the song's PERFECT for it!

What's the play Angel?

Angel
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
It's called "Local Talent", by Colleen Curran. It's about a big-city woman holding "Mrs. Canada" pageants in small towns.

My character was originally an American, born in Gila Bend Arizona, but she's now married to a fellow from "Brussels, Ontariario". It's fucking funny as all hell, but has some really deep moments as well... the audience will be taken on an emotional roller coaster ride.

kwame k
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
It's called "Local Talent", by Colleen Curran. It's about a big-city woman holding "Mrs. Canada" pageants in small towns.

My character was originally an American, born in Gila Bend Arizona, but she's now married to a fellow from "Brussels, Ontariario". It's fucking funny as all hell, but has some really deep moments as well... the audience will be taken on an emotional roller coaster ride.

Sounds cool, good luck with it.

Angel
05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Kwame. I'll have to put a picture up... for the first time in my life, I'm going to be a red head!

kwame k
05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Kwame. I'll have to put a picture up... for the first time in my life, I'm going to be a red head!

Red Head???? You're not going to start listening to Sammy now, are you?

Can't wait, keep us updated.

bueno bob
05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
Well, the bottom line is this...tribute albums are a dime a dozen...ESPECIALLY tribute albums that play everything in the same meter, note for note, without fluctuation. Pointless and ultimately unsatisfying listens.

This being the case, the only way to make a really interesting tribute album to any band is to fuck with their formula and do their material differently. Strummin' With the Devil succeeds on that note very well. Bluegrass is not necessarily my thing (although I don't mind it)...but Van Halen's music is just so timeless and so classic it actually surpasses the boundaries of it's own limitations - regardless of how you perform their music, it's still fabulous (see also "Everybody Wants Some: A Loose Interpretation of the Musical Genius of Van Halen" and "Eruption: The Van Halen Medley" - those two tribute albums take a very fast 'n' loose approach to messing up the formula and they're equally as good).

I still listen to it. Very fun turn.

Big Troubles
06-24-2009, 06:34 PM
While we're at it, what do you guys think of those new fangled FAX Machines?

:gulp:

What'll they think of next, huh?

laugh boxes and applause signs.

:)

Figs
06-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow, there really is nothing going on in VH / Roth land if this is being talked about again......and the album is shit.....and the place cleared out when Dave brought out these fuckers for a few songs on his solo tour.....