PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi soldier kills 2 US soldiers, wounds 3

kwame k
05-02-2009, 08:48 PM
By BRIAN MURPHY, Associated Press Writer Brian Murphy, Associated Press Writer – 28 mins ago
BAGHDAD – An Iraqi soldier opened fire on a U.S. military team Saturday, killing two American soldiers and wounding three, the U.S. military said, in an attack that could sharpen worries about the extent of militant infiltration in Iraq's security forces.

Iraqi officials described the attacker — who was killed in the gunbattle — as a soldier who also served as a Sunni Muslim preacher for his unit near Mosul, which is one of the last urban strongholds for Sunni insurgents.

Such an ambush could increase pressure on the Shiite-led government to try to root out possible turncoats and slow efforts to bring Sunni militiamen into the police and military as rewards for helping battle al-Qaida in Iraq and other insurgent factions.

But any possible slowdown of the Sunni outreach will meet resistance from Washington, which sees the sectarian reconciliation as essential for Iraq's stability and to keep security gains from rolling back.

A U.S. military statement said the attacker was killed after firing on the U.S. soldiers near the entrance to a combat outpost 12 miles (20 kilometers) south of Mosul.

A separate gunman fired at other U.S. soldiers at the outpost, then fled, according to Maj. Derrick Cheng, a spokesman for American forces in northern Iraq.

In the past, attackers have used military and police uniforms to bypass checkpoints and gain access to heavily guarded bases. But several Iraqi military officials said the gunman was a low-ranking Iraqi soldier.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

It was the latest case of a member of Iraq's security forces targeting U.S. troops. On Feb. 24, two Iraqi police officers in Mosul opened fire on a visiting U.S. military team, killing one American soldier and an interpreter. The gunmen remain fugitives.

Earlier this week, a U.S. military spokesman, 1st Lt. John Brimley, called the February shooting "definitely an anomaly."

Saturday's attack follows the deadliest month for U.S. troops in Iraq since September — with 18 American soldiers dying in Iraq in April.

Elsewhere, U.S.-backed Iraqi troops arrested the leader of a Sunni paramilitary group north of Baghdad in the town of Duluiyah.

Mullah Nadhim al-Jubouri, and his two brothers, Yassir and Thakir, were arrested on warrants accusing them of terrorism, the U.S. military said, without elaborating.

The move was likely to spark anger among members of the so-called Awakening Councils, which have turned against al-Qaida in Iraq in what is considered a key factor in the drop in violence.

The Iraqi government has assumed control of the groups from the U.S. military, but many of the Sunni guards accuse it of failing to pay them and of making unfair arrests.

In the northern city of Kirkuk, security patrols were boosted after an attempted suicide bombing Friday was foiled by guards at the last moment at a Shiite mosque.

Authorities identified the would-be attacker as a Syrian teenager who they believe was recruited by al-Qaida in Iraq. The suspect — 19-year-old Ammar Afif Hamada — was tackled on the doorsteps of the mosque while it was filled with worshippers.

The dramatic capture was welcome good news for Iraqi authorities after a spike in blasts by suspected Sunni insurgents that have claimed more than 200 lives since late April and raised question about the durability of recent security gains.

It also could offer investigators insights into insurgent operations in northern Iraq and smuggling routes from Syria — long considered one of the main pipelines to replenish insurgent ranks from across the region.

Hamada traveled from Syria to the northern city of Mosul about a week ago, then arrived Wednesday in Kirkuk, where he was moved from safe house to safe house in mainly Sunni areas, according to a police officer involved in the investigation. The officer spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the information.

Kirkuk police chief Maj. Gen. Torhan Abdul-Rahman Youssef confirmed the details and said Hamada has been an al-Qaida operative in Iraq for the past four years and has confessed to participation in many operations in Diyala province and Baghdad.

Hamada, meanwhile, was being treated for serious head injuries at a hospital in Kirkuk after being beaten by guards and worshippers at the scene, police said.

Tensions have risen in Kirkuk as Kurdish leaders seek to incorporate it into their semiautonomous area, making it one of the most politically sensitive issues for Iraqi leaders and for U.S. military commanders preparing to withdraw their troops by the end of 2011.

The showdown is so volatile that Kirkuk was excluded from regional elections in January and the United Nations has offered a proposal for compromise plans.

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, speaking on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" in a segment to air Sunday, described Kirkuk's ethnic rifts as one of Iraq's most complicated puzzles.

"From an Arab-Kurd point of view, Kirkuk is a bigger problem by far than Mosul," he said. "Mosul is really still a security problem from the standpoint of al-Qaida is still using that as kind of their last redoubt, if you will. But, you know, I think (the Iraqis) will continue to work these things through."

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090503/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq)

hideyoursheep
05-02-2009, 09:01 PM
:019:

kwame k
05-02-2009, 09:05 PM
I know this is not the norm but it does reinforce our need to get the fuck out of there. We'll have some kind of presence there for many years to come. A smaller force there will make shit like this less likely on American forces. When the Iraqis have to either suppress these fractions or they can ever agree on a peaceful co-existence, can be more effectively done by themselves.

The thing that gets me is not the total oxymoron that naming something A War on Terror was but this notion that having massive troop build up will stop terrorists. The terrorists are a small group, relatively speaking. As many have said before, we need small Special Forces type groups and our spies, not a ton of easily accessible targets that our forces are.

Kristy
05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
And this is such a tragic and unnecessary loss of life, too. Most Americans don't have single fucking clue as to what is going on over there. I didn't myself until I saw my boyfriend from high school who was in the Marines serving in Fallujah over there. He had his right arm blown off in a firefight and when I finally saw him after he had been home for 8 months I just grabbed him and hugged him and cried. I didn't know what else to do.

kwame k
05-02-2009, 09:32 PM
And this is such a tragic and unnecessary loss of life, too. Most Americans don't have single fucking clue as to what is going on over there. I didn't myself until I saw my boyfriend from high school who was in the Marines serving in Fallujah over there. He had his right arm blown off in a firefight and when I finally saw him after he had been home for 8 months I just grabbed him and hugged him and cried. I didn't know what else to do.

There's nothing else you could of done and I'm sure that honest reaction meant a lot to him.

Seshmeister
05-02-2009, 09:40 PM
The badly injured get forgotten. Sarge would know but from memory I think there are 3 of them for every fatality because of the huge improvements in battlefield medicine.

There are going to be thousands of these guys wandering around fucked up trying to come to terms with how some politician pricks ruined their lives for no good reason.

ELVIS
05-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Search Iraq or Iraq war on YouTube...

There's countless on the ground combat video clips...

:elvis:

thome
05-02-2009, 11:38 PM
The badly injured get forgotten. Sarge would know but from memory I think there are 3 of them for every fatality because of the huge improvements in battlefield medicine.

There are going to be thousands of these guys wandering around fucked up trying to come to terms with how some politician pricks ruined their lives for no good reason.

YOU Are the problem

at least in this quote.

Is that all you have ...?

Name one goddamn situation that didn't involve evolution of politics.

Name one Mf'n reason for any other response

Name on more thing and I will reach thru this screen and bust your fukking face.

No Good Reason ######
\

No good up your ragged ASS!!

hideyoursheep
05-02-2009, 11:40 PM
What's your fucking problem, thome?!

thome
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
If you want to take away from these MEN what they are and simply put them in your fukking head Fukk YOU!..

You don't know what it is like for him or her injured in battle and you evidently don't fukking care so shut the Fukk up.

You want to politisize this heros ass so you all can state what is is like for YOU........ FUKK OFF!

These MF;'ers are doing what is correct for the betterment of this whole fukking world .

And if you can't see it then go to his house and say you will be his brother for the rest of your life\

Give a little

for those who give it all

and you monday morning quarter backs that post your shIt about what is going down ..

are listeniong to talking heads on a teleprompter by wannabee actors who settled for a FACE job in political LIES!!

That's what I am on about the disrespectine of the ones who save YOUR ass everyday ..

If you think it's all some joke ........JOKE on YOU Clowns..

thome
05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
That's the PROBLEM
Clown and thier LOUDS mouthed BULL SH!T!

Blame it FUEL Blame it on the B fukking Buzzword CE

You have no Clue and your head is in the dirt up your ass.

thome
05-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Don't ever come DOWN on the dead and dying or the injured while I am logged on.

I got -0- for you.

There is nothing worth having that punks, like these conts in The Front haven't rode on the backs of.

\Standing on the shoulders of the heros of this world, that stand up, so you can piss over thier heads onto thier lives.

FORD
05-03-2009, 12:07 AM
The previous three posts have been brought to you by the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America. Please use our products with caution.........

http://tmap.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tb_atypicals_450_18990a.jpg

thome
05-03-2009, 12:09 AM
I know this is not the norm but it does reinforce our need to get the fuck out of there.

we need small Special Forces type groups and our spies, not a ton of easily accessible targets that our forces are.

I think I will just sit here and Sh!t myself.

Eat a bowl of fukk and then just sh!t myself.

thome
05-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Evidently noone cares about small forces and dead or wounded spies.

Noone cares about the ONE guy sent to watch all the pshycotic mf'ers plotting death.

Just like.... lets..... watch them......... i know this dude and he is like movie star ...........cool like johnny depp pirate cool...

He has a special -Jamaican Weave- with tassles worked into his pirate camoflage.....

Clowns..the lot

kwame k
05-03-2009, 12:26 AM
The previous three posts have been brought to you by the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers of America. Please use our products with caution.........

http://tmap.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/tb_atypicals_450_18990a.jpg

Oddly, I always pictured Gnome looking like this.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/glue.jpg

kwame k
05-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I think I will just sit here and Sh!t myself.

Eat a bowl of fukk and then just sh!t myself.

Blah, troll, blah, blah, blah.

Seshmeister
05-03-2009, 12:40 AM
YOU Are the problem

at least in this quote.

Is that all you have ...?

Name one goddamn situation that didn't involve evolution of politics.

Name one Mf'n reason for any other response

Name on more thing and I will reach thru this screen and bust your fukking face.

No Good Reason ######
\

No good up your ragged ASS!!

I don't know what your problem is whether it's drugs/booze/intelligence/education but you can't actually communicate.

At this point noone even knows what you are trying to say. People can maybe catch the odd phrase or even a sentence but to be honest the guess is that it's just dumb bullshit and mostly all that comes across is NNNNGHGH!

Do you wake up in the morning and read a post like that and feel proud? :)

hideyoursheep
05-03-2009, 12:41 AM
If you want to take away from these MEN what they are and simply put them in your fukking head Fukk YOU!..

You don't know what it is like for him or her injured in battle and you evidently don't fukking care so shut the Fukk up.

You want to politisize this heros ass so you all can state what is is like for YOU........ FUKK OFF!

These MF;'ers are doing what is correct for the betterment of this whole fukking world .

And if you can't see it then go to his house and say you will be his brother for the rest of your life\

Give a little

for those who give it all

and you monday morning quarter backs that post your shIt about what is going down ..

are listeniong to talking heads on a teleprompter by wannabee actors who settled for a FACE job in political LIES!!

That's what I am on about the disrespectine of the ones who save YOUR ass everyday ..

If you think it's all some joke ........JOKE on YOU Clowns..

That's the PROBLEM
Clown and thier LOUDS mouthed BULL SH!T!

Blame it FUEL Blame it on the B fukking Buzzword CE

You have no Clue and your head is in the dirt up your ass.

Don't ever come DOWN on the dead and dying or the injured while I am logged on.

I got -0- for you.

There is nothing worth having that punks, like these conts in The Front haven't rode on the backs of.

\Standing on the shoulders of the heros of this world, that stand up, so you can piss over thier heads onto thier lives.

Evidently noone cares about small forces and dead or wounded spies.

Noone cares about the ONE guy sent to watch all the pshycotic mf'ers plotting death.

Just like.... lets..... watch them......... i know this dude and he is like movie star ...........cool like johnny depp pirate cool...

He has a special -Jamaican Weave- with tassles worked into his pirate camoflage.....

Clowns..the lot

You ignorant, self-righteous, flag-waving, shit-eating inbred redneck!

Without turning this into my life story for your goddamed amusement, you have no fucking idea who you're talking to or about, so STFU.

Who in the hell tried to take away anything from a wounded soldier? you dumbass!!

I don't need the likes of you trying to tell me what I should feel or think about anything, let alone military service, which you only know about through whatever stories you've been told from someone else's POV.

Spare me your false sense of patriotism, jerkoff!

I have the upmost respect for anyone who chooses to fight for us.

Oddly, I don't find myself feeling as if I owe anything to anyone, as I have already contributed for 7 years.

Go fuck yourself.

thome
05-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Well,.. I suppose it is better to be the pivot man in a Front Line circle jerk.

Could you teach me to follow..?

Have you span=nkie thankied your buddies today ...I know you have.

Post some more, I got all you need.

Post some it's all about the gasoline, post some more it's all about the Knights Templar...post some more, I am a confused little man...

Who can't start a thread that doesn't have a paste up from someone elses ideals...
That isn't based completely on -The Front- doctines.. you were weened with?

Just show me one thread....

Show me one thread were you or anyone in The Front said I have a IDEA!

A answer.

You don't .......just "if I was in charge"/... I would do this or that while others are actually giving thier lives so you all can talk Bullsh!t

Then the ideas start about the cause and all the while you are blind.

I can't help but I can voice the truth about why I give a fukk.

And it only has to do with equal rights and justice .

Can you feel it can you see it..?

hideyoursheep
05-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Just show me one thread....

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/non-vh-dlr-related-stuff/54941-dear-blaze-4.html#post1347703:fufu:

thome
05-03-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't know what your problem is whether it's drugs/booze/intelligence/education but you can't actually communicate.

At this point noone even knows what you are trying to say. People can maybe catch the odd phrase or even a sentence but to be honest the guess is that it's just dumb bullshit and mostly all that comes across is NNNNGHGH!

Do you wake up in the morning and read a post like that and feel proud? :)

Perhaps you could ask "Sarge" if you can put some more words in his mouth.

PUNK!

The badly injured get forgotten. Sarge would know but from memory I think there are 3 of them for...

Does that help you justify you asshole comment..?

Oh!!!!! Sesh sais Sarge would say ...fukk you mister stands up with his own words....

thome
05-03-2009, 12:56 AM
You ignorant, self-righteous, flag-waving, shit-eating inbred redneck!

Without turning this into my life story for your goddamed amusement, you have no fucking idea who you're talking to or about, so STFU.

Who in the hell tried to take away anything from a wounded soldier? you dumbass!!

I don't need the likes of you trying to tell me what I should feel or think about anything, let alone military service, which you only know about through whatever stories you've been told from someone else's POV.

Spare me your false sense of patriotism, jerkoff!

I have the upmost respect for anyone who chooses to fight for us.

Oddly, I don't find myself feeling as if I owe anything to anyone, as I have already contributed for 7 years.

Go fuck yourself.

I am cool with this post and accept it not that that matters.

I am a patriot but have very little patriotism for where you may think.

hideyoursheep
05-03-2009, 01:03 AM
I am a patriot but have very little patriotism for where you may think.

You seem to think you know how everyone in the FL thinks.

Wanna know how I think?

Walk in my old boots. That'll change your "kill em all" attitude.

Now quit making this thread about YOU.

thome
05-03-2009, 01:12 AM
You seem to think you know how everyone in the FL thinks.

Wanna know how I think?

Walk in my old boots. That'll change your "kill em all" attitude.

Now quit making this thread about YOU.

Sorry, dude.. it's all about you and them.

It's only about me from your side of the screen..DIG!!!

I guess I could go find some paste up written by someone else to state my semi simular rebuttle to every said, post.......

Nope, then I would be a clone....

I preffer to write my own words and roll with the responses.

thome
05-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I wish some of you assholes would post some concern about the 1 million people a year that die of Malaria.

Instead of starting threads about the people who are attempting to pacify the lunatics of this world who have been killing indescriminately for thousands of years.

It's all about the top line fear mongering.

Armless people who died for Halibuton.

Legless comrades who you love that need new wheels for thier chairs.

Stop acting like you give a fukk, the only thing you give a fukk about is using these people to get some attention to your thread.

posted 7 min ago it's a Top story!!!!

I know who died today ............................Fukk You

Blaze
05-03-2009, 01:31 AM
:pullinghair: :wipebrow:

thome
05-03-2009, 01:38 AM
Sorry, I am not downloading anything .

What's your point ..?

thome
05-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Got nothing to say or still just want my I.P.

Blaze
05-03-2009, 01:53 AM
It's good not to download. :) I keep trying to tell that to people that download music and other such items...
Do they listen?
Ooooohhhhh Nooo, they do not! They just go on about isolating and scanning...
But then something desirable comes along in a multiple zip file ....
The vastness is boggled for the designer....and poof the knocking and a ping of the engines begin....
What that I hear....

kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst kst.... drone~~~~~

LoungeMachine
05-03-2009, 05:42 AM
So thome decides to turn this thread into "him" Vs. "The Front Line"

No, Fuck you troll....

Closed.

We'll start a fresh thread without the inbred's bullshit.

How fucking dare you, asshole.

thome
05-03-2009, 02:33 PM
This thread had something last night although I could have held my tounge a little softer.

Since it has been edited to what it is now it hasn't much.

Just another mods opinion of what the thread is..all a control issue..kinda like the Taliban..

My constant dislike of [peoples] comments that the maimed and dying soldiers of -any country- will be live=ing with thier infirmity shadowed by someones idea that thier loss, has "no good reason" that they will realize their lives are of no good reason ......

That they are ignored, that they are refused treatment, is just BullSh!

Gets my goat up.

It will always have meaning.

I had to say my say.

Seshs' comments got me to thinking about "the just war" and the heros who lost limbs, are they any less in pain than the ones in a war -YOU- may feel is unjust, or just about oil ,or political flag waving..?...

If anyone has the rite to comment I also have the right to bash that comment ...but I don't, I have been edited.

I shouldn't have said that crap to Sesh No doubt.

I used my anger at todays media and rolled it at Sesh.

I would rather stand with people who are able to make the call on right and wrong, not the ones who talk about -who- is right or wrong.

Once the damage is done the past is gone.

Walking into a convienence store robbing and killing a white guy because you are black and wouldn't do the same to your own kind is unjust.

Joining a fight to eliminate the injustice created by terrorists is never unjust even if -Someone- thinks it is.

The line was drawn when 911 happened . The men and women who walked up to the line and held it will never have to bow thier head in shame/.

You can debate the Reasons all you want.

Now is this post about me or the thread title.?

Am I commenting on a post or is it spam..?