PDA

View Full Version : America is fucked up

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 06:39 PM
I was watching exerts of Bush's speech on Iraq tonight and he mispronounced the name of Abu Ghraib prison twice in two different ways.

How the fuck can this happen?

What has been the biggest issue facing the US government for the last few weeks but the abuse of prisoners there?

How many discussions with advisors and his cabinet has Bush sat through over that time?

But he can't even read the fucking autocue properly. He looked like it was a new word, something he had never heard of before...

At least Ronnie towards the end was suffering from a disease and would never have stooped to that level.

Leader of the free world - God help us.

There has to be something SERIOUSLY FUCKING WRONG with the US election system if from all of the millions of talented intelligent people, leaders in science and all human accomplishments you end up with a fucking retard like that.

http://www.seshmeister.com/pics/bush_dunce.jpeg

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
05-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Sad but true :(

But in all fairness, Blair bought his bullshit, so maybe your system needs work too....

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 06:59 PM
This is beyond politics.

There must be at least a couple of million Republicans that could do better.

Lucky, BBB or JA for president!:)

Cheers!

FORD
05-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Nah, if I was going to vote a Republican for President it would have to be John McCain or Pat Buchanan. Right now, I'd take either one over Bush AND Kerry!!

Legitimate political differences can always be negotiated later, but this PNAC imperialist fascism's gotta go, period.

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Sad but true :(

But in all fairness, Blair bought his bullshit, so maybe your system needs work too....

Blair bought the bullshit as you say.

Blair is just wrong on this but he's smart enough and a good politician.

I think his problem is that his ego has got out of control.

After Kosova where he was proved right when everyone said leaveit alone he thinks he knows it all. He's on a trip now,

I like the two terms rule for US presidents as after a while even people that seem to know what they're doing seem to lose the plot.

Blair will not last more than a couple of years more now.

Cheers!

Dr. Love
05-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Anyone intelligent enough to run for office is intelligent enough not to...

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Nah, if I was going to vote a Republican for President it would have to be John McCain or Pat Buchanan. Right now, I'd take either one over Bush AND Kerry!!

Legitimate political differences can always be negotiated later, but this PNAC imperialist fascism's gotta go, period.

Forget the whole controversy over the election because although there was some dodgy shit there the bottom line is that a huge amount of US people voted for him.

How could that be be the best candidate the Republicans could come up with? I think that is the question. How much does negative TV advertising money blur things?

Cheers!

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Anyone intelligent enough to run for office is intelligent enough not to...

True.

Who the fuck would run for office except a prick and if they don't start out like that then most end up assholes.

For once though that's not my point in this thread.

I just want to know how the US ended up with the dumbest leader in the modern history of the world.

Guys like Carter or Bush senior or Thatcher will divide any bar but at least they were smart enough. Vested interests and wrong decisions are one thing but when you get someone that doesn't know what the fuck is going on at all then that's a whole new ball game.

Thank fuck the cold war is over,

Can you imagine Bush facing down that devious little ferret Putin?

Cheers!

ELVIS
05-25-2004, 07:35 PM
Bush just can't be as dumb as he comes across sometimes...

He can't read for shit!

Satan
05-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Forget the whole controversy over the election because although there was some dodgy shit there the bottom line is that a huge amount of US people voted for him.

How could that be be the best candidate the Republicans could come up with? I think that is the question. How much does negative TV advertising money blur things?

Cheers!

He wasn't the best. McCain was a superior candidate in every way, as far as experience, abilities, and intelligence. Bush had two things going for him. His daddy's name brought in the bucks, and the neocon PNAC machine was determined to steal the White House and needed someone who was too stupid to challenge them.

What was done to McCain in 2000 and what was done to Dean in 2004 were eerily similar, and it was for the same reasons. The DLC has become PNAC's branch office and Kerry is their puppet. His domestic agenda (hopefully) will be different enough, but the foreign policy picture looks bleak either way.

People in this country need to wake the fuck up and realize these shitbags have hijacked BOTH parties, and that they are the real enemy.

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 08:42 PM
So what is your solution???

Surely if you have to put up with month after month of millions of dollars worth of advertising then you are only going to get the guy with the best PR company?

I say ban TV adverts.

Cheers!

Viking
05-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Odd, I didn't know that Scotland was annexed as part of the so-called 'BCE'..........:D

FORD
05-25-2004, 09:00 PM

Surely if you have to put up with month after month of millions of dollars worth of advertising then you are only going to get the guy with the best PR company?

I say ban TV adverts.

Cheers!

I do...with my remote control. I also restrict my intake of cable news, since it's all neocon lies anyway. Unfortunately, I don't get the BBC here, but I do catch the Canadian news now and then (CBC)

BigBadBrian
05-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Just what we need..........another thread started by a drunken Scotsman. :gulp:

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Viking
Odd, I didn't know that Scotland was annexed as part of the so-called 'BCE'..........:D

Neither did I until a year or so ago...LOL

I'm not convinced about the whole PNAC BCE thing if only because I don't think an idiot like Bush could pull it off.

I would post about some of our fuckup politicians but firstly you wouldn't be interested and secondly unlike the US the real fucking idiots don't have much power.

Cheers!

gslinger
05-25-2004, 09:29 PM

I say ban TV adverts.

Cheers!

Give me a break here, since when did the U.S. Administration and Congress represent "the people". Only people that believe that still believe in the tooth fair. They all represent corporate interests. PERIOD END OF STORY. We get more like the corrupt European gov't every year, and I have lived in two Euro countries.

The elections are just so "the people" think they are part of "the process" and they have some say or a difference in what goes on in Washington. Rightttt

The big 4 National TV networks are in the politicans back pockets particular those clowns at Fox Network, that might as well be on Bush's payroll.
And hell don't forget NBC who paid Washington billions in TV rights per below.
So we have to listen and read all this political crap for a solid year before "a people's" election that makes no difference what goes on in Washinton anyway.

I am not a defeatist, I am a realist and those are the facts.

Been plenty of honest corporate Chairman's and CEO's (which are becoming like natural breasts....i.e. very different to find) publically state, for years, that Washington has become nothing more than a legalized mafia in bed with the major corporate interests and powerplayers in this Country.

---------------
Many Political Scholars Have Called
this nothing more than a legalized bribe. Networks have never
paid for TV rights like this. $34 Billion...MTF
The Politics and all the TV drug ads will drive any normal person crazy.
---------------
December 1998
NBC buys election

Despite recent declines in ratings for elections, NBC paid the U.S. Government $33.9 billion to be the exclusive broadcaster of the 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections. The deal, which also includes the 2002 Congressional elections, marks the first time an American election has been bought (By a television network, that is.)

The unprecedented move has taken Washington and the television industry by surprise. "I didn't really know they could do that. They can't do that, can they?" CBS Evening News anchor Dan Rather said yesterday. The landmark deal gives NBC the rights to all political conventions, debates, interviews with annoying spin doctors, and election night coverage.

Reaction has been mixed. While representatives from CNN, ABC, and CBS expressed shock and dismay, those at Rupert Murdoch's Fox network did not seem to care. "So? Adults 18-34 don't vote anyway. Who cares?" Murdoch said.

NBC apparently felt that the investment was worth it. "In this time of increased competition from cable, these are the types of big events we need in order to prosper." NBC West Coast president Don Ohlmeyer said. When asked about the demographics, Ohlmeyer said, "Elections do skew older, but they still attract large numbers of young adult males that we can't get anywhere else."

rustoffa
05-25-2004, 09:35 PM
He can't help it. He's a cracker-ass skull and bones guy with less than acceptable oratory skills. That being said, the points were made. You can roll apples and oranges around until the fucking bats fly in. JFK didn't write his schtick, but he was better. Jimmy Carter was a fucking buffoon, but his mouthfull of teeth made the script seem grassroots. It's like going to see Hal Holbrook do Mark Twain onstage, and he's appearing tonight.

gslinger
05-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Good comment Rostoffa...can tell you have a lot of grey matter bro!

FORD
05-25-2004, 09:41 PM

I'm not convinced about the whole PNAC BCE thing if only because I don't think an idiot like Bush could pull it off.

I would post about some of our fuckup politicians but firstly you wouldn't be interested and secondly unlike the US the real fucking idiots don't have much power.

Cheers!

And there's your answer, within your own words. Bush Jr the fucking idiot is just the frontman of PNAC. A puppet to occupy an office that none of the neocon shitbags could have been elected to themselves, even with the Supreme Court's help. Poppy's practically at death's door at 80, and he probably still has more say in what goes on than Junior does.

lucky wilbury
05-25-2004, 10:24 PM
i wouldn't run for president. i suck at typing and one off my typos might end up getting france nuked. wait that wouldn't be a typo

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by gslinger

Despite recent declines in ratings for elections, NBC paid the U.S. Government $33.9 billion to be the exclusive broadcaster of the 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections.

Fucking hell that's even worse than I thought...

Electoral spending here is set at about $15million per party and adverts are evenly split by your vote to about 6 each over a 4 week election time.

And it's fucked up enough here by spin and corporate interest,

Cheers!

Seshmeister
05-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Just what we need..........another thread started by a drunken Scotsman. :gulp:

Brilliant incisive post.

I can see your point, you've thought about this a lot and your views have really made us all think.

Keep it up.

Cheers!

Roy Munson
05-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Fuck you, Sesh. You are a pussy and you will know that you are in due time.

Guitar Shark
05-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Brilliant incisive post.

I can see your point, you've thought about this a lot and your views have really made us all think.

Keep it up.

Cheers!

LOL

BigBadBrian
05-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Brilliant incisive post.

Keep it up.

Cheers!

I will. Bottoms Up! Thanks about that Highland Park tip! :killer: :gulp:

Mezro
05-26-2004, 08:01 PM
I was watching exerts of Bush's speech on Iraq tonight and he mispronounced the name of Abu Ghraib prison twice in two different ways.

How the fuck can this happen?

Simple: this tool is as dumb as fuck and even his most trusted handlers can't help him make the transition from hillbilly to leader.

Mezro..even Republicans laugh at this fucker

BITEYOASS
05-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Fuck it... I'm voting Libertarian this year and I don't give a shit if you thinking that I'm throwing away my vote!

knuckleboner
05-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by gslinger

Despite recent declines in ratings for elections, NBC paid the U.S. Government $33.9 billion to be the exclusive broadcaster of the 2000 and 2004 Presidential elections. The deal, which also includes the 2002 Congressional elections, marks the first time an American election has been bought (By a television network, that is.)

bullshit. no way.

this is from a HUMOR website called: Joe Lavin's Humor Column (http://joelavin.com/nfl.html)

after the above quote, which is word for word taken from the website, there's this gem:

March 2001
Baseball signs new deal with NBC

Major League Baseball paid NBC $550 million a year over eight years in order for the network to televise baseball. "We didn't really want baseball." NBC West Coast President Don Ohlmeyer admitted. "But hell, if they want to pay us to show their stupid sport, we'll do it."

"We will not lose money on this deal." Acting Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig told reporters.

jesus, you guys know that not EVERYTHING on the internet is true, right?

but as for voting for lucky, BBB or JA, i've gotta go with JA's daughter. i'm already promised a cushy job in her administration. but, if she's not running, i guess i gotta go with BBB as the backup. he's from virginia, what the hell. and after all, lucky's not even running.

lucky wilbury
05-27-2004, 12:12 AM
what about ally_kat? she has said she wants to run

Ally_Kat
05-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Sesh doesn't even want women in the military. No way would he even consider me for president. My place is in the kitchen, remember?

Dr. Love
05-27-2004, 01:09 AM
damn straight

Wayne L.
05-27-2004, 08:00 AM
George W. Bush isn't as articulate as some former presidents like Reagan & Clinton but he will still win the election in November against Kerry which is already a given despite the polls at this moment. I don't think America is as screwed up as it seems except for too many illegal immigrants from Mexico destroying this great country inside out while politicians from both political parties look the other way.

FORD
05-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Yeah, it's those "illegal immigrants from Mexico" that are invading countries on the other side of the planet based on total lies on behalf of a fascist agenda written by treasonous double agents of a foreign country's right wing political movement.

You are right about both political parties looking the other way though. Or at least the neo-con co-conspirators running the parties.

Guitar Shark
05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
FORD is a closet republican.

FORD
05-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
FORD is a closet republican.

Nope.... The only times I have ever voted Republican in my life was in an attempt to eliminate a greater evil.

i.e McCain over Junior in the 2000 primary. Or Sid Morrison over Eikenberry (or whatever right wing reactionary it was) in the 1992 state primary. I also used to have a lot of respect for Ralph Munro, which I have lost due to his support of electro fraud voting.

But I'd make a shitty Republican. I just can't support unending war and tax cuts for billionaires.

John Ashcroft
05-27-2004, 01:06 PM
How did you vote in a Republican primary? Is that legit in Washington?

FORD
05-27-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
How did you vote in a Republican primary? Is that legit in Washington?

You don't have to register as a member of either party here.

Unfortunately, that system works both ways, which is how Kerry won the caucus here (through Republican votes) :(

Actually, they just changed the primary rules here (after bitching from both parties) so now you will have to request a ballot as one or the other, but you still don't have to register. I vote permanent absentee anyway, so I can vote for whomever I want ;)

John Ashcroft
05-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Cheater

FORD
05-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Hey, the electro-fraud machines will not cancel out MY vote :D

Guitar Shark
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately, that system works both ways, which is how Kerry won the caucus here (through Republican votes) :(

No, Kerry won because Dean was unelectable. He beat himself.

FORD
05-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
No, Kerry won because Dean was unelectable. He beat himself.

Buying the DLC spin, Matt?

Fact is that every Democrat and/or liberal that I talked to in this state was supporting either Howard Dean or Dennis Kucinich. And this was the week before the caucus! And that's a lot of people. I never saw a single Kerry bumper sticker or yard sign before the caucus. Not ONE. Dean & Kucinich signs and stickers were everywhere.

Oh, I'm sure there were some people who caved and bought the spin. I heard some of them at the caucus as well. But there were several others there - in the Kerry camp - who looked like they were fishes out of water at a Democratic party event. Believe me, I know a Republican when I see one.

And what's worse is that nobody at the caucus even asked once to see my voter ID. Granted, the turnout was higher than expected, but how long does it take to flash a card??

And I remember hearing something about a few Seattle precincts that never did call in a final count. What's up with that?

Basically, the entire process was flawed from beginning to end.

Guitar Shark
05-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Whatever dude. What you call the "DLC spin" is what normal people call "the facts." Dean beat himself by being too extreme and for making a speech that was picked up by every late night talk show and virtually every other media outlet. He became a laughingstock that no one in their right mind would vote for. That's why Kerry won, it has nothing to do with Republican caucus votes. But believe whatever you want, you've demonstrated a remarkable ability to do so! :)

FORD
05-27-2004, 03:33 PM
What, exactly, was "extreme" about Dean?? :confused:

And the corporate whore media admitted that they overhyped the "scream" - which was digitally amplified to begin with.

John Ashcroft
05-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Heh heh heh.... You so crazy Ford!

rustoffa
05-27-2004, 11:04 PM

And the corporate whore media admitted that they overhyped the "scream" - which was digitally amplified to begin with.

Dean had a great speaking voice. Hell, it's right up there with Heston's. I'll never forget how that "care for some coffee"? line just floated on the cold, forboding, northeast air. :D

Pink Spider
05-28-2004, 03:22 PM

That puzzles me too. Dean is extreme compared to whom? I would call him a moderate at best.

The reason Howard Dean lost is because he did one very bad thing.
He threatened to break up the media monopolies. Of course since the corporate media runs this country, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how he lost.

John Ashcroft
05-29-2004, 08:04 PM
It was your own voters who sent Dean packing. Not some conspiracy.

Remember, the scream came at a concession speech.

darcy
05-29-2004, 08:30 PM
have to admit. That bush does some stupid things. Letterman shows all the best parts, which proove how dopey this guy is..

But i think that his chances are hurt by the shamefull actions that America has done in Iraq against prisioners and killing innocent people (The wedding party last week).

america has to learn that they do not have the right to do what they want against the UN and then expect help afterwards. It reaks of a school bully who acts like the man at school, but at home has more troubles than anyone.

i believe that the wall being built around america to keep it safe from the outside will grow taller and taller as whats in side those walls dies from itself (the poor starving, homeless, too many cars, van hagar music) the money spent on defence for an enemy which is most likely in the cities waiting for the moment to strike.

DaveIsKing
05-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Bush or Queery?

What kind of fucking joke of choice is THAT?

FORD
05-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Bush or Queery?

What kind of fucking joke of choice is THAT?

Kerry's domestic agenda might be more tolerable, considering the damage Bush has already done to the economy, the environment, and the legal system. And he's not a tool of the oil companies.

Foreign policy, sadly, probably won't be much different. Kerry's "PPI" is a whitewash of PNAC.

Not that I'm endorsing Kerry. The status of my vote against Junior depends on a few things, not the least of which is Kerry's running mate. If it's a weakassed DLC puppet like Gephardt, Evan Bayh, or Joe Biden, they can both fuck off and die for all I care.

Pink Spider
05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
It was your own voters who sent Dean packing. Not some conspiracy.

Remember, the scream came at a concession speech.

"Own voters?" Again, there is more than two choices, dittohead.

Democrat/Republican affairs rank low on my list to argue over, but I'll just say that there is no way Kerry could have got in without the stealth Republican vote.

But, if you're implying that the media doesn't hold the ultimate influence over the public, you're absolutely wrong. There's no way Kerry or Bush could have gotten that far without their media friends, big oil friends and other corporate democracy buying assholes that they promise to pay off once elected. Its just common sense not a conspiracy theory.

Convenient that both of the corporate neos(liberal and conservative) like to dismiss anything as a "conspiracy" that might just lead to uncovering something they don't want you to see.

BigBadBrian
06-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by darcy
have to admit. That bush does some stupid things. Letterman shows all the best parts, which proove how dopey this guy is..

But i think that his chances are hurt by the shamefull actions that America has done in Iraq against prisioners and killing innocent people (The wedding party last week).

america has to learn that they do not have the right to do what they want against the UN and then expect help afterwards. It reaks of a school bully who acts like the man at school, but at home has more troubles than anyone.

i believe that the wall being built around america to keep it safe from the outside will grow taller and taller as whats in side those walls dies from itself (the poor starving, homeless, too many cars, van hagar music) the money spent on defence for an enemy which is most likely in the cities waiting for the moment to strike.

If you can break America down into those four simple paragraphs, then you are an idiot. :gulp:

ELVIS
06-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Darcy forms her political opinions by watching David Letterman...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
06-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Darcy forms her political opinions by watching David Letterman...:rolleyes: