PDA

View Full Version : Jimi Hendrix As Role Model for Teachers

ZahZoo
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Finally someone "gets it"!!

http://www.foxnews.com/images/531431/0_61_Hendrix_Jimi.jpg

San Francisco Educators Hail Jimi Hendrix As Role Model for Teachers

Is the San Francisco school district in a purple haze?

The district has chosen a highly unusual role model to grace the cover of its new education guide, and some residents are questioning whether the choice sends a good message to the city's youth.

On the cover of the new district guidebook – aimed at changing the educational “experiences for every child in each of our schools” – is a portrait of 1960s rock legend Jimi Hendrix, known as much for his fatal drug habit as his revolutionary take on rock music.

The district's manifesto asks readers to remember “the first time you heard Jimi Hendrix,” before proclaiming “our plan is as transformational now as his music was then," according to a report in the San Francisco Chronicle.

But the image of Hendrix -- who didn't make it through high school -- is not limited to the cover. Indeed, Hendrix's face appears on nearly every page of the manual, which also comes with a Hendrix poster and canvas tote, all distributed to hundreds of administrators in Superintendent Carlos Garcia’s district.

Garcia told the Chronicle that he was simply trying to “revolutionize” the district and felt comfortable with Hendrix’s controversial image because, “Hey, we’re in San Francisco.”

But not all administrators feel the same.

One concerned “liberal hippie educator” in the district – who went unnamed for fear of retaliation – told the Chronicle, “I find the choice of Hendrix as inspiration to be used in an educational setting rather strange and out of touch.”

Born in 1942, Hendrix rose to fame after delighting audiences with an innovative, experimental sound and his remarkable skill as a guitarist. His shows often included outrageous stunts such as playing the guitar with his teeth or lighting it on fire. He was named the No. 1 Greatest Guitarist of All Time in Rolling Stone's top-100 list.

His success was legendary, but short-lived: he died at the age of 27 when he choked on his own vomit after a drug overdose.

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-07-2009, 02:57 PM
The reason he didn't finish school is he was pulling GTA's and on his second bust the judge offered to send him into the service, as opposed to the ookooky.

FORD
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM
You would think that a Superintendent named Garcia in San Francisco would have gone with their own local music hero.....

http://media.mnginteractive.com/media/paper203/080905-Jerry-Garcia.jpg

...instead of stealing one of ours from the Pacific NW.

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Also the reason he choked on his own vomit was his stalker-girlfriend-chick overdosed him with German sleeping pills so he wouldn't go back home to his true girlfriend that morning.

ZahZoo
05-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Google a bit deeper Gar... you might find the facts.

FORD
05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Google a bit deeper Gar... you might find the facts.

When have facts ever meant shit to GAyR? :biggrin:

swage33
05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
When have facts ever meant shit to GAyR? :biggrin:

What facts did Mike Malloy give you today?

FORD
05-07-2009, 09:06 PM
What facts did Mike Malloy give you today?

His show is starting right now. Why don't you listen and find out?

swage33
05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
nICK IS A PUSSY

Nickdfresh
05-07-2009, 10:48 PM
nICK IS A PUSSY

No wonder why you hate me. :)

swage33
05-07-2009, 10:49 PM
If you win I'll cheat. :)

We know.

Nickdfresh
05-07-2009, 10:51 PM
We know.

How's that troll going?

Big Train
05-08-2009, 04:39 AM
Finally someone "gets it"!!

http://www.foxnews.com/images/531431/0_61_Hendrix_Jimi.jpg

San Francisco Educators Hail Jimi Hendrix As Role Model for Teachers

Garcia told the Chronicle that he was simply trying to “revolutionize” the district and felt comfortable with Hendrix’s controversial image because, “Hey, we’re in San Francisco.”

Says it all.

I wonder how the Hendrix estate feels about all this? They are a bit touchy about licensing and rates for his name and likeness.

FORD
05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Says it all.

I wonder how the Hendrix estate feels about all this? They are a bit touchy about licensing and rates for his name and likeness.

No shit. They won't even let his own brother use his name. SF might end up going with Jerry after all.

hideyoursheep
05-09-2009, 07:07 AM
According to Leon, this half-sister who only seen Jimi for about 15 minutes now calls all the shots, and doesn't give Leon a goddamn dime of it.

You guys in Seattle might know a little more, but here's his website-

http://www.leonhendrix.com/store.html#section2

ZahZoo
05-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Janie Hendrix (Al's adopted daughter) took over running the Hendrix business in partnership with Jimi's dad Al when they finally won the rights back from all the thieves that had stole millions from the estate. She got full ownership when Al passed away. Al wrote Leon out of the will a few years before he passed.

Leon is a fucking idiot, loser alcoholic/gambler who has been trying to cash in on Jimi's stuff from day one. Everything he's touched has been mismanaged and only served to line his pockets.

To be honest none of the Hendrix family has done a very good job at managing his legacy... but to date, Janie has done the best of the rest.

Nitro Express
05-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm a huge Hendrix fan and I have enjoyed going to San Fransisco my whole life and have been there many times. I have also witnessed the gradual decline of that city over the years and now conclude the city has gone insane on various levels. I often think of the South Park SMUG episode.

Nitro Express
05-09-2009, 11:52 AM
No shit. They won't even let his own brother use his name. SF might end up going with Jerry after all.

Jerry's bitch of a money grubbing widow will want her cut.

Nitro Express
05-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Jimi died with no money. He had been fleeced by his scummy manager. Al Hendrix who was a landscaper of modest means had to pay to bury Jimi himself.

ELVIS
05-09-2009, 02:02 PM
One concerned “liberal hippie educator” in the district – who went unnamed for fear of retaliation – told the Chronicle, “I find the choice of Hendrix as inspiration to be used in an educational setting rather strange and out of touch.”

I agree with that...

BTW, Leon sucks...

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrxFFkQPwFA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrxFFkQPwFA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

:elvis:

hideyoursheep
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Yeah...the only gene he shares with Jimi is his taste for illegal substances. Now I know why pops wrote him out of his will...he would have pissed it away and killed himself. Probably thought he didn't want to lose both sons.

Thanks, Zah Zoo.

hideyoursheep
05-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Jerry's bitch of a money grubbing widow will want her cut.
Jerry was married to Courtney Love?

:lol: