PDA

View Full Version : 17 Billion in cuts to the federal budget?

ULTRAMAN VH
05-08-2009, 07:55 AM
:hee:Obama seeks $17 billion in budget cuts, wants to hike domestic spending
Module body

Thu May 7, 10:31 AM

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is proposing $17 billion in cuts to the federal budget, but Congress has already rejected some of them.

New details on Obama's budget would cut or kill 121 programs while boosting spending on many others, such as aid to schools and border enforcement. Some of the blanks in his previous budget outline were filled in my the administration today.

Many of the savings proposed by Obama had been proposed by former president George W. Bush, only to be rejected by Congresses controlled by both Democrats and Republicans.

The Associated Press | The essential global news network (http://www.ap.org)

FORD
05-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Exactly what he said he would do in his campaign... look at every program, and cut what's obsolete or unneccessary. Why the Hell would any "conservative" have a problem with that? :confused12:

Big Train
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I have none. I wish he would look harder and fine more.

I also wish he would take back the stimulus money from the bank's that are ready to pay it back. Put it back in the Treasury and hold onto it. Spend on something worthwhile, like debt reduction.

Blaze
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
by Congresses controlled by both Democrats and Republicans.

The Associated Press | The essential global news network (http://www.ap.org)

I don't get this sentence :umm:

Did an influential 3rd party sping up lately?

kwame k
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Somehow, I am not outraged that Obama is cutting spending on useless government programs and increasing spending on useful programs. That bastard, doing what he said he would, as FORD AND ONLY FORD pointed out.

FORD
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
That bastard, doing what he said he would, as Nick pointed out.

Uh, you mean, "...as FORD pointed out"??

Guess I'm not the only one running low on caffeine this morning.

kwame k
05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Uh, you mean, "...as FORD pointed out"??

Guess I'm not the only one running low on caffeine this morning.

FORD, Nick what's the difference:biggrin:

Yeah, I had to quit coffee all together till I get acclimated here. I was getting the cold sweats and I was always cold. Stopped drinking coffee and everything is fine. If for some reason, I have to quit drinking beer, I am the fuck out of here.

Sorry for the mix up, FORD but your avatar threw me off.

LoungeMachine
05-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Drummers. :rolleyes:

What's the difference?

kwame k
05-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Drummers. :rolleyes:

What's the difference?

Geez, give the wrong guy credit on a post and I get this:umm:

Gonna be a long day in the FL, I can see.

FORD
05-08-2009, 12:29 PM
FORD, Nick what's the difference:biggrin:

Yeah, I had to quit coffee all together till I get acclimated here. I was getting the cold sweats and I was always cold. Stopped drinking coffee and everything is fine. If for some reason, I have to quit drinking beer, I am the fuck out of here.

Sorry for the mix up, FORD but your avatar threw me off.

I only brought the Chimp back for the short-lived bullet-tomatoes-paintballs-egg toss toy thing that Sarge tried out a few weeks ago. It was time to retire his monkey ass.

You should be able to find decent beer in Colorado. And no, not that Coors shit! Even in Manitou Springs, they should have the whole New Belgium line at least (made in Fort Collins).

And if your local beer store selection sucks, take a drive up to Wheat Ridge (west Denver area) and look for a store called "AppleJacks". It's the Costco of alcohol, and the beer cooler takes up pretty much one entire wall of the place. :gulp:

LoungeMachine
05-08-2009, 12:34 PM
geez, give the wrong guy credit on a post and i get this:umm:

Gonna be a long day in the fl, i can see.

:D

:gulp:

kwame k
05-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I only brought the Chimp back for the short-lived bullet-tomatoes-paintballs-egg toss toy thing that Sarge tried out a few weeks ago. It was time to retire his monkey ass.

You should be able to find decent beer in Colorado. And no, not that Coors shit! Even in Manitou Springs, they should have the whole New Belgium line at least (made in Fort Collins).

And if your local beer store selection sucks, take a drive up to Wheat Ridge (west Denver area) and look for a store called "AppleJacks". It's the Costco of alcohol, and the beer cooler takes up pretty much one entire wall of the place. :gulp:

Now that is some damn fine info there.

Local brews are not too bad, Fat Tire and a few others I've tried. Most bars here have local brews on tap and a few sell micro-brews to go.

There's a local coffee house that has the all natural soda that you've been talking about, I'll have to go there and let you know what brands they are.

Big Train
05-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Do you guys think he will be able to get these cuts? From certain things I've read, he is getting some serious pushback from his own party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/07/AR20

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Exactly what he said he would do in his campaign... look at every program, and cut what's obsolete or unneccessary.

They need that 17 billion to feed ACORN's 300 plus umbrella organizations to REALLY jamb up the ballots in 2012.

Those evil Repukes, you know. Some are still breathing even as we speak.

BlimpyCHIMP™
05-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Local brews are not too bad, Fat Tire and a few others I've tried.

That head and do-rag resemble a Fat Tire with a bad patch.

kwame k
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
That head and do-rag resemble a Fat Tire with a bad patch.

Gary, do you think you should be commenting on fashion? I'm not the one who is trying to look like this guy........

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/m_963eeb8dde937619daee4d96482be33d.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/clay.jpg

Nitro Express
05-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Obama ran up more debt in two months than all the previous presidents combined. His cuts are chicken feed compared to what he is spending. You can't spend yourself into prosperity. This man will take the US and the world into a horrible depression and run debts up so high, generations not born yet will have to pay.

Obama=lot's of hype and no substance. Bush will forgotten but Obama's spending will be remembered for a long time. He just may beat the chimp in the worst president category which takes a lot of doing.

Nitro Express
05-09-2009, 12:32 PM
The truth is both Republicans and Democrats suck. Both are nothing but a bunch of money serving, power hungry, suck the dick of the bankers and special interests assholes. You have to be a big whore to get elected as president because it takes a lot of money. If you are a decent candidate, you will mostly not even make it on the ballot. It's a big money game and big money has bought the executive branch.

Nickdfresh
05-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Obama ran up more debt in two months than all the previous presidents combined....

Do we have any actual basis for this?