PDA

View Full Version : Legalizing Marijuana

ELVIS
05-10-2009, 11:28 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufekh_SwZd0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufekh_SwZd0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

:elvis:

kwame k
05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Right on Ron.

Baldwin has zero credibility, he made money starring in pro-pot movies.

WARF
05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Should he be accountable for things he did before he was, "born again"?

ELVIS
05-10-2009, 11:51 AM
No, but he should eat a big slice of SHUT THE FUCK UP!

kwame k
05-10-2009, 11:53 AM
He made money off of pro-pot movies and if he had a movie offer you know he would do it regardless of what his personal beliefs are. He's an attention whore who likes face time on TV, period.

There's really no reason Hemp shouldn't be legal, you could smoke an acre of Hemp and only get a headache. If we just made paper out of Hemp look at all the forests we would save. Look at the jobs we could create.

The other point is, it should be up to the States to decide if it should be legal or not, The Federal Government should stay out of the issue. States are supposed to be able to self-govern.

ELVIS
05-10-2009, 12:16 PM
That's right. The states created the federal government...

Igosplut
05-10-2009, 12:16 PM
So Baldwin thinks it's OK to have (drugs like)Oxycontin legal but he thinks Medicinal pot shouldn't be because there's no research of real proof of benefits and too many pitfalls?

That's a fucked view......

LoungeMachine
05-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Why would anyone care what a Baldwin thinks about anything?

I'm suprised Dr. Paul would bother with this simp.

:gulp:

Seshmeister
05-10-2009, 12:37 PM
At 2:50 that fuckstump Baldwin says it should not be illegal anyway... :)

twonabomber
05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
as soon as Baldwin said "faith based" i was done.

LoungeMachine
05-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm just shocked twona and sesh actually watched the damn thing....

Unless his sister-in-law Chynna Phillips is nude at the 2:26 mark, wild horses couldnt get me to click on the damn thing....

Nickdfresh
05-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Should he be accountable for things he did before he was, "born again"?

Like being a shitty actor?

bueno bob
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
He made money off of pro-pot movies and if he had a movie offer you know he would do it regardless of what his personal beliefs are. He's an attention whore who likes face time on TV, period.

There's really no reason Hemp shouldn't be legal, you could smoke an acre of Hemp and only get a headache. If we just made paper out of Hemp look at all the forests we would save. Look at the jobs we could create.

The other point is, it should be up to the States to decide if it should be legal or not, The Federal Government should stay out of the issue. States are supposed to be able to self-govern.

Yep. I'm all for legalizing (not just an owner, I'm also a client), but the immediate cash benefits of legalization are far too evident to ignore. The only downside I can really see to it is that growing your own will no doubt still be illegal and the price will probably be astronomical, but I have to admit I could think of fewer more fun ways to burn off a Sunday...

FORD
05-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't even have to watch this to know who won the debate. Stephen Baldwin is a total moron.

binnie
05-10-2009, 03:06 PM
It's always amused me that something which grows so naturally should be illegal.......

Redballjets88
05-10-2009, 03:12 PM
fingers crossed that california passes their legalization bill and it creates a nationwide domino effect because of the billions of dollars Cali will make off of the legal sales.

I find it funny how Stephen Baldwin and his brother Alec can be so polar opposite on the political spectrum.

FORD
05-10-2009, 03:27 PM
It's always amused me that something which grows so naturally should be illegal.......

Actually that's the reason WHY it's illegal. Or should I say, one of the reasons.
Pharmaceutical companies are able to charge the ridiculous prices they do because they can patent their chemical creations. And therefore, they have the monopoly on that substance, and there's no competition to force the price down.

Obviously you can't patent a plant. (or at least not until Monsanto succeeds in their ultimate goal of eliminating all seeds from the planet that are not their own GMO variety) So medicinal marijuana, or any other herbal medicine for that matter, represents the sort of competition that Big Pharma doesn't want to deal with, because ultimately they would lose.

Similar situation with the use of industrial hemp. Timber companies were in on the hemp prohibition scam because they knew that an acre of hemp would absolutely destroy an acre of timber for pulp and paper production, both in the short term (more plants) and the long term (hemp grows back a Hell of a lot faster) Also hemp fiber is stronger and makes a stronger paper (the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence were written on it, ironically enough)

One of the stories that pissed me off the most in recent years was the attempt by the Lakota Sioux nation to grow industrial hemp on the Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota. This has to be one of the, if not THE most impoverished area of the US. Very few things will grow successfully in the soil in that area. Hemp is one plant that will. But, if I remember correctly, the BCE shut it down.

God forbid that an oppressed and impoverished people find a way to support themselves that doesn't involve feeding gambling addictions. :mad:

Blaze
05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
The feel of the quality of paper is a factor that moves me to buy a paper product. Maybe, newspapers should enter into this debate.

Kristy
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
So Baldwin thinks it's OK to have (drugs like)Oxycontin legal but he thinks Medicinal pot shouldn't be because there's no research of real proof of benefits and too many pitfalls?

That's a fucked view......

Not really. But there's already been enough "research" done on the study of cannabis and its whose side you subscribe to that wins the popular vote if not the profit.

As of now this asinine "war on drugs" is the biggest waste of taxpayer money but folks like the Ad Council are going to the bank big time by using lame fear tactics combined with borderline racism to keep a drug that has shown proven medicinal use illegal. Baldwin seems to coming from this same sort of mindset.

And those ads are borderline racist, too. Notice how they rarely show Asian, black, or Hispanic kids (i.e., actors) in their anti-marijuana campaigns instead opting for suburban white kids who all a could be this generation's next doctors, (gasp) lawyers, or Ad Council tax accountants if they just put down the joint and fuck, I don't know, listen to Christian music or something.

My personal favorite was one they did about 4 years ago about the two young (white) kids toking away and playing with what appeared to be a loaded .38 revolver that predictability went off right before the commercial ended. If they really wanted to shock parents (who in this case can keep their kids off of drugs by watching this tripe but can't seem to be able to lock up handgun) why not demonstrate on how smoking dope leads to how utter shit corporate "punks" bands like Green Day flourish or, even better, how ALCOHOL has been unequivalently linked to more firearm deaths than puffing on a joint ever has. Oh, that's right, it's the liquor industry who also fund these ads. I wonder why...:umm:

Anyhoo, when they do show other ethnic groups it's usually cast in a stereotype - particularly showing blacks living in the inner cities using street slang playing basketball saying the useless Nancy Reagan "no" to an even more stereotypical "dealer." Never will they show blacks already arrested serving ridiculous sentences in prison for a drug the Ad Council demeans as "evil" for our youth (and it's usually the 13 to 18 age group they exploit) while at the same time never showing the reasons why people in lower socio-economic classes smoke pot in the first place.

As long as there is money - as in a lot of money - to be made from misinforming anti-drug propaganda and marketing campaigns there will be no legalization of marijuana no matter how much stoners try to push it as being medicinal. Every pro-marijuana activist speech is just a waste of time.

thome
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
It will never be legal cause all the great "tax" revenue you homo's speak of will be non-existent.

Yeah! Natural Fiber Rope and Newspapers...both almost extinct..

Stop sugar coating it, you want to get stoned ...Ohhh hee hee... Uncle Sam with be fooled by our ploy to undercut the logging industry make hemp clothing.. and the whole time we... WILL BE SO STONED.............. OH MAN!!!

Everybody, will grow thier own and just like moonshin'ing who is going to hunt down every grand-ganja'ma having a garage sale with a side buz of nickle bags.

Get with the program PEOPLE!!
Deep thinking intelectual simps the Lot!

thome........ saving the world, one post at a time.

ZahZoo
05-26-2009, 05:38 PM
The feel of the quality of paper is a factor that moves me to buy a paper product. Maybe, newspapers should enter into this debate.

Newspapers will be extinct in less than a decade. Follow that with books, magazines and virtually all printed material as well.

Virtually all information and media can be produced and distributed electronically almost instantly today at a micro-fraction of the cost to produce printed media.

It's not very forward thinking to be seeking alternative sources for paper... your information source is probably ringing right now with more bars in more places than ever before.

thome
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I would also like to add that I could give six fukkes, what ,with, why or what whatever does, in what "favorite hole", with maryjane she was my main thing at once, not so long ago, but not to the point of obsession.

I would be somewhat concerned about a hemp rope made for me, other than that it should be as legal as air.

I will strongly, like any drug.. recomend -the abstinence-, while operation of any machine that is not authorised by Hasbro, and the 3-5 year age group.

thome.............. Patriot Anarchist.

standin
05-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Newspapers will be extinct in less than a decade. Follow that with books, magazines and virtually all printed material as well.

Virtually all information and media can be produced and distributed electronically almost instantly today at a micro-fraction of the cost to produce printed media.

It's not very forward thinking to be seeking alternative sources for paper... your information source is probably ringing right now with more bars in more places than ever before.

Maybe, I do not know enough about the print industry. I don't see billboards and the snail mail going away anytime soon. I think textbook will go eletronic in 3rd world nations before they will here. I really do not know enough alternate uses for hemp. But, as a writer and artist, I do like fine papers.

It should be legal because we are not getting value for our dollars spent in making safe communities. For some persons is it a medically safer alternative to prescription drugs or alcohol. Moreover, persons could be carded. And it would take out significantly the criminal element.

ZahZoo
05-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Most billboards today are printed on plastic sheeting. Hemp could be a very good alternative to wood based paper products. But I just don't see that as a growth industry.

Hemp isn't exactly the same plant as the stuff being smoked. It's the same family but hemp contains considerably less THC.

It's a great fiber for any type strong cloth like canvas. Is also used in making clothing, upolstry, carpets, and most textiles goods. Other uses are cardboard, fiberboard used in construction and various imilar applications. Then the oils produced can be used in food products and industrial oils...

The good thing about it is it grows like a weed and doesn't require that good of soil or climate to produce tons of it.

kwame k
05-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Hemp is an excellent alternative to wood for paper. As everyone has heard we used to use hemp for paper, years ago. It's fibers can be made into a far superior ink too. I worked as a pressman for 5 or 6 years, in the late 80's. The print shop I worked at I was chosen to run the tests on hemp based paper. It's ink absorption, grain and over all print quality was amazing.

I can't remember what the actual composition of the paper was or ever where the paper came from. I seem to remember it was from somewhere in Canada. I always thought it ironic that a pot head was running tests on hemp paper. I even went out on lunch to burn one in honor of printing on hemp. Ah, to be 21 and stupid, Damn Good Times.

Big Troubles
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
My personal favorite was one they did about 4 years ago about the two young (white) kids toking away and playing with what appeared to be a loaded .38 revolver that predictability went off right before the commercial ended.

I remember this commercial distinctly. I also remember wanting to watch it stoned.

Weed will be legal. It's when not if. research on the valuable properties to Mj both in health, long term, benefits, short falls and of course the taxing and distributing. The farming. The job creation and cleaning up the streets from petty crime to turn to higher rates of crime.

All the pills on any shelf in any pharmacy has more dangerous elements per pill. Over 200 chemicals in cigs.

it's all about the money. I know Canada is working hard with several test farms in the west. Most produce THC levels of 3 or 4 at the most, when really, a good buzz is near 8 or 9. So from a medicinal stand point it's working and it's funded properly and being distributed...it's just shitty weed.

Big Troubles
05-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I even went out on lunch to burn one in honor of printing on hemp. Ah, to be 21 and stupid.

Think that's crazy...Im going to burn one in honor of you burning one in honor of Hemp. :biggrin:

kwame k
05-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Think that's crazy...Im going to burn one in honor of you burning one in honor of Hemp. :biggrin:
:stoned-smiley:

FORD
05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Used to work in this sandwich place back in the 80's. Pretty much everybody there got high, including the boss, and we all knew it. So he had two rules 1) You don't run the meat slicer if you're stoned, and 2) don't get high if you're out on deliveries or if you're the only one in the shop.

Can't remember a single injury the whole time I was there, nor any serious job problems with that bunch of stoners.

kwame k
05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
All of the print shops I worked at 90&#37; of the people got stoned and never an injury I can remember.

On a side note........Fat Tire's Amber Ale is worth a try FORD.

ODShowtime
05-27-2009, 09:17 PM
As long as there is money - as in a lot of money - to be made from misinforming anti-drug propaganda and marketing campaigns there will be no legalization of marijuana no matter how much stoners try to push it as being medicinal. Every pro-marijuana activist speech is just a waste of time.

The big money is in the fines, seizures and even the prison budget. Cops and DEA love stealing people's cash and houses and shit and selling it off.

degüello
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
The whole trend towards YouTube links in forums doesn't really jive with me.

Other than the odd music clip, I don't watch any of them.

Don't have the patience/time to sit through them. I'm much more of a text-based, scan/read-an-article type of forum user.

I'm just shocked twona and sesh actually watched the damn thing....

Unless his sister-in-law Chynna Phillips is nude at the 2:26 mark, wild horses couldnt get me to click on the damn thing....

Kristy
05-27-2009, 10:00 PM
The big money is in the fines, seizures and even the prison budget. Cops and DEA love stealing people's cash and houses and shit and selling it off.

That's more of the fallout of this whole stupid war on drugs mindset which is a different matter and has cost so many innocent lives in the process. I was speaking more of the anti-marijuana propaganda wave being pushed and funded without scrutiny. Being a gun owner myself never once while I was stoned think it was brilliant idea to play with a loaded firearm.

Oh, and to say marijuana is a "gateway drug" is just as ridiculous. Again, never once stoned did I think "Gee, you know what would make side one of 'Fair Warning sound so much better...if I was on heroin!"

kwame k
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Oh, and to say marijuana is a "gateway drug" is just as ridiculous. Again, never once stoned did I think "Gee, you know what would make side one of 'Fair Warning sound so much better...if I was on heroin!"

Yet you huff on the cheesecake like a crack addict. I do believe that your pot smoking has led to your addiction of smoking cheesecake;)

Kristy
05-27-2009, 10:06 PM
On a side note........Fat Tire's Amber Ale is worth a try FORD.
Also try 'Mighty Arrow' brewed by the same company. It'll hit you a lot harder if you're into that sort of thing.

kwame k
05-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Also try 'Mighty Arrow' brewed by the same company. It'll hit you a lot harder if you're into that sort of thing.

Still like the Pacific Northwest brews best of all. So there you go.

Kristy
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Yet you huff on the cheesecake like a crack addict. I do believe that your pot smoking has led to your addiction of smoking cheesecake;)

That was a one-time deal. I'll put something more recent up soon.

kwame k
05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
That was a one-time deal. I'll put something more recent up soon.
Just fucking with ya, cheese cake huff head.

hideyoursheep
05-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Although I do not partake, I'm for legalization.
It's had numerous uses for centuries.

Queen Victoria used to eat weed candy for her menstrual cramps [yeah, whatever].

Booze will have a hard time competing with a recreational activity that doesn't give you a hangover.

But how do you get around the drug testing thing? Do you really want a OTR trucker hauling a roll of steel coil stoned?

And does he deserved to be fired for burning one a month ago, when the SUV cuts him off and gets rear-ended?

You can test for BAC on the spot, can you accurately do the same for weed?

That's the only problem I really see with it.

thome
06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I took a couple hits at the outdoor concert saturday walked up to a couple dudes standing there in the shade they had the blunt down cool like and I was bs'n and they asked a couple times I said no thanks and then wtf...

If a cop would have walked up to me and tried to bust us I would have kicked him in the nuts and ran...

Not really but I just have never seen the big deal of "It's the devils weed" "It's going to lead you to other drugs"...

I never purchase anymore and always feel like a mooch if I smoke a joint once every 5 years,passing me by, but just like the old days walking around the concert, my nose would catch a sent and like a pointer, my body would just turn off whatever path I was on and head that way,,..lol

How could something that smells so good have such a confusion associated with it.

Yes I can tell the difference between good pot and skunk or mean green still...

A permanat record with a pot bust can slow your corporate advancement they have HR people who can check your cop records google sh!t It's just bullsh!t that something like a pot bust..... is a "Drug" bust..pathetic.

You can use drugs as a tool or you can be a tool of the drug .

It depends on what You want...

FIGHT THE POWER!!

thome
06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I know others did this but our highschool weed was always stripped and bagged.

So:

We would go down to the river and find some wild bunk and pick some small leaves and go to the store and hot laminate them in plastic, hard like a credit card clear plastic..and carry them around in our wallets.

Cop gets ahold of a friend of mines and tries to bust him for, posession, advertising and felony drug like a conspiracy charge, and attempt to distibute.

His dads lawyer got it thrown out of court, but the insanity of the laws is just stupid regarding this drug.

Remember that dude on 20/20 15 years ago or so who did like 17 years for having three kilos it was alot and we all know he was going to sell some,,personal use my ass but i guess you all can tell the system can be wrong when dealing with personal freedoms american or not as far as I am concerned.

It should be legal 21 older and same as booze laws.

ELVIS
06-02-2009, 12:53 AM
There is a prescription drug called Marinol that I have seen here and there as a nurse over the past 20 years...

The THC in it is synthetic. I have a patient on it now. He waits for it like the "pain pill" patients do...

FORD
06-02-2009, 12:59 AM
There is a prescription drug called Marinol that I have seen here and there as a nurse over the past 20 years...

The THC in it is synthetic. I have a patient on it now. He waits for it like the "pain pill" patients do...

What does the marinol actually DO? I've heard it was useless as anti-nausea medication, AND it doesn't get you high at all. Just seems like another attempt of the pharmaceutical companies cashing in on something they can patent, rather than actually using the medicine God gave us.

ELVIS
06-02-2009, 01:07 AM
I remember someone saving up 20 or 30 pills and he said he was high for two days...

But a single dose dose little, I think...