PDA

View Full Version : Michael J Fox & Dennis Leary

Top Jimmy
05-11-2009, 02:31 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JKhMSSJ94k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4JKhMSSJ94k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Top Jimmy
05-11-2009, 02:42 AM
This is funny...
maybe a little nod of the hat to Monty Python?

Good shit....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/73H6wZ8ayqU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/73H6wZ8ayqU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dammit, I don't know if it's the smoke I just had,
but this is getting funnier every time I watch it...lol...shit...

"Come back here, I'll kick your ass!!"

"You're gonna kick my ass?
What, you want me to lay down on the floor so you can drive OVER my ass??"

that's funny shit right there...

..and seeing Fox draggin himself along the tile by the hands,
delivering that last line...fucking hilarious...

"OH, I'm gettin a hard on!"

right on...these are two damm good actors,
and they 'get it'....clearly....

Top Jimmy
05-11-2009, 02:50 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ys5w3MSeDEc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ys5w3MSeDEc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
05-11-2009, 06:33 AM
Strange, I never saw Bill Hicks do this one.

High Life Man
05-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Rescue Me is one of the best shows that nobody watches.

atomicpunk5151
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I just started this season with the tivo. Good show.

I might have to go back and check out the 1st couple of seasons.

fryingdutchman
05-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Rescue Me is one of the best shows that nobody watches.

Rescue Me is a great show. A couple of friends of mine have had bit parts in it.

Unfortunately, it suffered due to the writer's strike and the start of the new season was delayed for a LONG time.

They did a series of "mini-sodes" online at the FX website to satsify viewers during the delay.

I'm not sure if they're still on the site or not, but you should be able to find them on YouTube or somewhere else.

You'll piss yourself laughing at some of them.

A lot of people think you have to be a firefighter to find it funny...but nothing could be further from the truth. The actual firefighting aspect of it is a very small part, with the lion's share of the focus being on Leary's character, his friends, family, and their personal lives.

High Life Man
05-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Saw the web-sodes. Funny shit.

The thing is, they aren't afraid to make big characters die. It's always shocking.

Golden AWe
05-14-2009, 07:42 AM
A lot of people think you have to be a firefighter to find it funny...but nothing could be further from the truth. The actual firefighting aspect of it is a very small part, with the lion's share of the focus being on Leary's character, his friends, family, and their personal lives.

Agreed. When I saw the first commercials of the show few years ago, all this 9/11 shite, and didn't really know Leary, I thought this is a shitty show. I'm so glad I was wrong. This is probably the only show ever that makes me laugh out loud and brings a tiny tear in my eye during a single episode. Seriously.

My fav parts are probably the two young dummies figuring out things in the station break room. Miss Turbody was hill arious as well...

Tommy Gavin: When I was growing up, I had Sister Mary Shovel Face in school... you get Sharon Stone.

Plus, of course, there are some very hawt chicks in the show. Plus one of them was Marisa Tomei!!!

This one was when they saw the character played by Susan Sarandon in the bar:

Sean: You know, she looks like my mom.
Tommy: What did you say?
Sean: That lady, she, she reminds me of my mom.
Tommy: Shit.
Jerry: Your mom is that hot?
Sean: Oh yeah, oh yeah. I mean, hotter.
Franco: Really? Your mom has that kind of face? Those lips? That kind of rack?
Sean: Yeah, well, my mom's rack is a little bigger actually.
Tommy: Where do you come off mentioning your mom and the word 'rack' in the same sentence?
Sean: I'm just saying, my mom she's, she's got like a large set of... of uh, you know, she's really...
Tommy: Enough! Jesus Christ!
Sean: What?
Tommy: Goddamnit... I was, I was gonna go over and talk to that chick! Let me correctify that. She's not a chick. In a room full of self-involved, young titless little chicks, she's a woman, okay? A real woman. Probably a very witty and wonderful woman...
Franco: With a great rack.
Tommy: The rack was secondary, okay? It doesn't matter now. But the point being, I can't go over there and talk to her now.
Sean: But why, why not?
Tommy: Because even if I went over to talk to her and got her to come home with me somehow, and got her to reveal the afore-mentioned great rack, all I would be thinking about is your mom's rack, and how great your mom's rack is. Not that I ever thought of your mom's rack before, but that's all I can think of now! Your mom's rack!
Sean: Hey, woah. You know what, my mom's married pal, okay?

(Jerry laughs, and Tommy leaves)

Sean: What?
Franco: Forbidden fruit, ball face.
Sean: You mean, like, melons?

ELVIS
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
I never saw the show until now...

Michael J Fox is damn good actor, still...

:elvis:

Eyes of the Night
05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Awesome show ... I've always liked the theme song ...

Golden AWe
01-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Another Rescue Me/DLR quote...Ellie has David Lee Roth on her list of people she's hurt because of alcohol...Uncle Teddy rants on how every time someone mentions Satan, he thinks of David Lee Roth!

Waiting for the clip to be found...