PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Vista Is Shit!

Kristy
05-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Okay, I've never been one for Micro$oft or Micro$oft products but I refuse to to get a Mac simply because I'm not that (coffee shop) pretentious but Vista has to be the nadir of their haphazard technology. Who in the fuck thought this up? Did Micro$oft hire a bunch of monkeys and promise them feces to throw if they came up with a operating system?

So with all the hassles and headaches I'd had thus far with Vista I'm going to take the advice of so many and strip it out and re-install XP. Problem is Seagate no longer offers a boot disk you can create that completely wipes out your drive in order to reformat (they do for floppy but seeing as I have no floppy drive...) So I'm asking if there anyone out there who knows of a quality site where you can do this?

thome
05-14-2009, 03:57 PM
About DBAN | Darik's Boot And Nuke (http://www.dban.org/about)

Read thru this site and research some others, I use this .

I created a CD from this dowload and use it when I want to completely destroy any data I have.

I havent had any issues other than if you do not save off onto disks everything you want to keep it will be gone forever.

You must as you may know have XP system disks that will work on your perticular computer.

Did your PC come with XP..?

or Vista..?

If it came new with Vista, you may not be able to go to XP.

There are a few guys around here who can help alot more than me.

Kristy
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
This site is acting funny today.

Kristy
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks, I might try that.

It originally came loaded with Shitsta but I know it can be wiped out and replaced with XP. Seagate used to offer a download where it would go into your system BIOS and completely wipe out your drive (for a 250 GB would take about 14 hours) but seems it's only now offered in floppy....who uses floppy?

Satan
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Windows 7 is going to be in retail stores just in time for Xmas. That's an admission that Vista was a failure more than anything else.

Windows XP had a five year run before M$ attempted to replace it. Vi$ta gets less than two years, and M$ has spent that whole time (and millions of dollars in marketing) doing damage control - and failing.

Those who own new computers will go with W7. Those who have to stick with their older hardware because of the economy or whatever will stick with Windows XP. Vista will be relegated to the Microsoft "failed experiment" file along with "Bob" and Windows Millenium Edition. In fact Vista might actually be a bigger piece of shit than Windows ME was, and I didn't think that was possible.

Kristy
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Made me feel a little bit better that I'm not alone out there with this Micro$oft shit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsvdQ0a1u2s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsvdQ0a1u2s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

fryingdutchman
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Vista = shit. A well known fact!

As obvious as my "Hagar fans are homos" thread...

:)

Kristy
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Windows 7 is going to be in retail stores just in time for Xmas. That's an admission that Vista was a failure more than anything else.

Rumor has it Micro$oft will have Windows 7 available by late October early November and that this time around Micro$oft claims it was tested by barely literate and computer geeks instead of throwing out an OS on the unsuspecting public like they did with Vista. From what I've seen it seems like they just finely re-tuned XP and gave it a new name.

Micro$oft has already called Vista a "bloated failure" but we shall see what Windows 7 shall do.

kwame k
05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks, I might try that.

It originally came loaded with Shitsta but I know it can be wiped out and replaced with XP. Seagate used to offer a download where it would go into your system BIOS and completely wipe out your drive (for a 250 GB would take about 14 hours) but seems it's only now offered in floppy....who uses floppy?

My laptop came with Vi$ta and I downgraded (oxymoron) to XP. Don't make the mistake I made! There were drivers that were not compatible with XP. I had to go through and manually install certain drivers from the manufacture of my laptop, that were compatible with XP. It was a nightmare.

Formatting the hard drive can be done without a disk. Use the old DOS commands. I also think you can right click on the hard drive and format that way. Been a long time since I formatted a disk drive. You have to run DOS as Administrator first, Start Button>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt, put your mouse pointer over the command prompt, right click and choose run as administrator. I seem to recall that an install disk, be it XP or whatever, will give you the option to reformat, too.

You can also find the manufacture of the hard drive, goto their website and get a format download. Here's a great DOS site EasyDOS Command Index (http://www.csulb.edu/~murdock/dosindex.html)

The best advice I can give you is get all the critical drivers first! Video, Ethernet, and so on before you even attempt it. I will say this, XP runs much better and faster than that shit they tried to pawn off as Vi$ta.

Satan
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, I tried an earlier Windows 7 beta on my aging dinosaur of a machine and even though it ran slower than shit because of the hardware limitations, it ran better than the Vista final did on the same machine. So I'm already as optimistic as a Devil can be about W7. But I won't be replacing XP on this machine. Maybe on the next one.... and I'm still keeping a Linux partition either way.

BloodyBandage
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
always fun when you have to right click things and run as an administrator for them to work...it has its problems but its not all bad.

kwame k
05-14-2009, 04:50 PM
BTW Kristy, Are you smoking a toilet paper bong in your Avatar:stoned-smiley:

thome
05-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I waited untill the HP computers were all switched over to Vista and purchased, the highest tech HP left on the shelf (600.00 saving last years unused model) that had XP OS, and came with a Vista upgrade; that you can mail order free.

Cause i am smert like that...

So, I split my drive and had both OS for awhile ,after I went back and forth with both systems.

I had no real issues with Vista and liked the file system.

All it really is...is something new to learn, and people get used to one and don't want to learn a new system of folders and such.

Who needs more than what XP offers...? noone really

It was interesting year long back and forth and now I am completely with XP and my Vista upgrade disks are collecting dust..lol

P.S. When I reinstall my system disks after a nuke.. I avoid all service packs from microsoft my computer runs better without them...It's a scam..lol

thome
05-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Another Vista scam..... cause I am -conspiracied like that- is Hardware.

My flatbed scanner is top notch stuff and will not operate with Vista you cannot load drivers from the scanners mf, site and you cannot get a disk from them either.

But they will sell you a new scanner..lol...

Vista makes some hardware obsolete, funny it still works fine on XP ..lol

The scam is: Hardware that comes with a seperate installation disk...

stick with me...

If hardware come with it's own disk (software) it can be loaded on any computer.

If the hardware is blank and needs to access the the website of microsoft or the manufacturer to load drivers and such... it will be matched to certain computer only.

Thus, it is some kind of bullsh!t ownership game where I don't own what is sitting in my office ...bla bla bla....

Satan
05-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Of course we DO use Vi$ta here in Hell..... but only as an instrument of torment.

Kristy
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
BTW Kristy, Are you smoking a toilet paper bong in your Avatar:stoned-smiley:

No, I no longer get high anymore Think that's part of a cheesecake and the pants are from Skin Two. Need to change that avatar...

Anyhoo, my HP has been doing a System Restore enable for the past 6 hours now

LoungeMachine
05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
No, I no longer get high anymore Think that's part of a cheesecake and the pants are from Skin Two. Need to change that avatar...

Update the cabinetry while you're at it........ ;)

:gulp:

kwame k
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM

Anyhoo, my HP has been doing a System Restore enable for the past 6 hours now

Is that what the kids are doing today? Smoking cheesecake?

6 Hours for a sys restore, what the hell is running that computer, a Hamster on a wheel?

Kristy
05-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I think I have corrupted files. The HP website doesn't help for shit.

kwame k
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM

Are you doing a complete sys restore or doing a restore to an earlier time, a restore point?

Kristy
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
No longer sure. It won't allow me to set a restore point successfully.

kwame k
05-14-2009, 08:59 PM
No longer sure. It won't allow me to set a restore point successfully.

Yikes, got an install disk there? Unless there's stuff you're trying to save on the hard drive.

Seems like it would be easier to reinstall a fresh op sys. Betcha you're doing this right now:pullinghair:

Kristy
05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Nope, it didn't come with a re-install disk. and the back up ones I did make (by HP suggestion) do not work.

kwame k
05-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Nope, it didn't come with a re-install disk. and the back up ones I did make (by HP suggestion) do not work.

Fucking figures! Get a booted copy and do a fresh install or..........stop smoking that cheesecake and maybe you'll not be so :stoned-smiley: to figure it out.

LoungeMachine
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
I like to smoke salmon.

But they're a bitch to keep lit.

:smoke2:

Igosplut
05-14-2009, 09:26 PM
I only smoke tires....

Ally_Kat
05-14-2009, 09:41 PM
In fact Vista might actually be a bigger piece of shit than Windows ME was, and I didn't think that was possible.

I'll take a lot for me to consider something worse than ME. It was so unstable and crashed every other day for me.

I know i'm not a computer wunderkinder, but I haven't had any issues with my Vista. I just learned the new organization system and life was the same. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones

Satan
05-14-2009, 09:44 PM
There are ways to make Vista more tolerable, if you're stuck with it, for whatever reason.

You'll find some of them at this website Black Viper's Web Site (http://www.blackviper.com)

Lots of useful XP info there too.

kwame k
05-14-2009, 10:23 PM
There are ways to make Vista more tolerable, if you're stuck with it, for whatever reason.

You'll find some of them at this website Black Viper's Web Site (http://www.blackviper.com)

Lots of useful XP info there too.

Here's another good one, Your Most Unholiness! For XP TweakXP.com - Performance Tweaks (http://www.tweakxp.com/performance_tweaks.aspx)

Blaze
05-15-2009, 03:22 AM
Okay, I've never been one for Micro$oft or Micro$oft products but I refuse to to get a Mac simply because I'm not that (coffee shop) pretentious but Vista has to be the nadir of their haphazard technology. Who in the fuck thought this up? Did Micro$oft hire a bunch of monkeys and promise them feces to throw if they came up with a operating system?

So with all the hassles and headaches I'd had thus far with Vista I'm going to take the advice of so many and strip it out and re-install XP. Problem is Seagate no longer offers a boot disk you can create that completely wipes out your drive in order to reformat (they do for floppy but seeing as I have no floppy drive...) So I'm asking if there anyone out there who knows of a quality site where you can do this?

This has been my day. I have been fighting my XP Op system all day. I woke up this morning an AGAIN my IM were not communicating in my network. I didn't have this much trouble with vista before I took some music off the web. I did not have the 3 pack security before I got the Visa. My server is running along fine. So, really I guess what I am looking at is I need to reformat both computers. Don't really want to so I ran my scan and will delete everything, that it even looked funny at.....
But here is the catch AND where I think the batter ram is hiding. Some of the files on my system are pass-code locked and from an real old program , matter fact the real old program that found the last breech.... Actually when ya think about it, not so bad a plan of attack. Place the breech under a known in use security system in a locked folder. Opened when system idol( I caught an active breach a month or so ago. I took it for just a strong arm attack. And on the exploration today, I found the diddle! Right there, I was so stupid not to verify the security addition. But.... silly 1&0's didn't have the right Gnome to be included in the family of programs. SNICKERS! Anyway~

Hiding in the security software is a mighty good ploy, but so very known now.
Oh, I caught the other one too. :D......
Me thinks its going to be easier just to reboot every three months. Just keep my disk handy, and file the rest. Aw.. been fun but not worth the hunt for just funsies.....

Blaze
05-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Wooo... it is as easy as right clicking to reformat....I am sooooooo looking forward to this!
Zippadedodazipadeday! My oh my what a wonderful way!

Blaze
05-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks K~ :curtsy:

Kristy
05-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Update the cabinetry while you're at it........ ;)

:gulp:

What!?!? You don't like the modern deco look?

Doesn't matter - not my kitchen.

Nickdfresh
05-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I recall a time when I was upset with myself for being too busy/lazy/apathetic to redeem my free Vista coupon mailer for my laptop which was one of the last XP machines (probably why it was discounted and why I got a bargain). Now I thank God I didn't! Especially since I reformatted my 'puter about six months ago and XP updated, and was up and running, much faster than I would have imagined with the Service Pack 3 amalgamation of patches...

bueno bob
05-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm glad I waited on the initial reviews to come back in. I'm also glad that I've been a proud XP user since XP was launched...

Bob_R
05-15-2009, 10:08 PM
http://www.funny-potato.com/images/microsoft-employee.jpg

Nitro Express
05-19-2009, 02:07 AM
HP has gone downhill hard. I used to work for that company before Carly sent it down the shitter.

Blaze
05-26-2009, 01:00 AM
This is what I found.
My fundi's had been changed. my hard drive had been partitioned. I had more than one operating system on the in use partition. It has taken 3 "fresh installs" to clear. I have not checked for nefarious hardware. Outside of the "fresh install" issue, I have little reason to suspect, at this time, nefarious hardware inside the tower. I check regularly for outside tower unauthorized hard ware.
After first "fresh install" 6 separate IDs and 9 "hails" came on IM while the ID from the reformat computer was off line . The patterns of contact did not match norms.
The last "hail" came on IM when I noticed that the ID from reformatting computer signed on to IM of the computer in use . I signed on to the ID assigned to the IM assigned to the reformatting computer, I noticed anomalies. These anomalies were various excessive ID appearances and contact patterns. Another pattern of behavior appearance and contact occurs on the compromised ID, within a 48 hour time frame after the signing on the assigned IMs of the reformatting computer.

Blaze

Blaze
05-26-2009, 01:11 AM
In other words 6 IDs excitedly contacted when I reformatted the 2002 ID computer.

flappo
05-26-2009, 01:24 AM
snow leopard will kick vista and 7's ass

in fact anything ms produces is inherently a 3rd rate poorly designed backwards ass rip off of the mac original

they're as much about originality as sammy hagar

Hardrock69
05-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Firstly, if you bought a computer with Vista, you can downgrade to XP for free.

Secondly, Shitsta is the 21st century version of Millenium.

Microcrap said after Windows 98 SE the next OS would combine the NT line and the Win 95 line.

They LIED. Surprise, surprise.

They did not have XP ready yet, so as a stopgap, and to make more cash, they released ME and 2000.

In the case of Shitsta, they released it because they were not ready to release the REAL OS.

Seems to me that Windows 7 is just the FINAL version of Shitsta.

At least the hardware manufacturers are already on the bandwagon getting their drivers finalized. ATI has already got Beta drivers for their video card line available, and Creative has the same for their sound cards.

One other problem with Shitsta is that XP does everything you need it to do, so why the fuck should you upgrade?

The only thing the OS needs to do now, is all the stuff it did before, but faster, more efficiently, and with less crashes.

I will eventually get 7, but I will wait for awhile so that a lot of bugs are worked out.

Seshmeister
05-26-2009, 08:14 AM
I think you can already download 7 on torrent sites.

It should be out in October so if you are thinking on getting a PC I would wait until then if it isn't urgent.

In other news spent last week using Windows Server 2008 and it's a misery too. :)

Kristy
05-26-2009, 01:15 PM
HP has gone downhill hard. I used to work for that company before Carly sent it down the shitter.

HP still makes an okay product. It's their customer service that's in the shitter:

"It's not really our problem...try talking to Micro$oft."

And for $18.00 (plus S&H) they'll send me out a Vista Premium backup disc. How very sweet of them.

thome
05-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Mmmm.........................................
..................backup

I couldn't............ resist