PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to watch UFC 98?

Sarge
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
MAIN CARD

Champ Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida (for UFC light-heavyweight title)
Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Xavier Foupa-Pokam vs. Drew McFedries
Dan Miller vs. Chael Sonnen
Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk
PRELIMINARY CARD

Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson
Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover
Andre Gusmao vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
David Kaplan vs. George Roop

Sarge
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Machida takes this one. I have never seen a more elusive guy than him in the ring.
I can't stand Evans showboating. I dislike him more than any other UFC fighter and I think he is way over rated.
I do think Evans poses a few probles with his speed and power, but I can't see Evans winning this one.

Hughes is going to destroy Serra.

I like Xman over McFedries. That outta be a great fight.

hideyoursheep
05-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Dammit....

I didn't get in until late in the 1st round for Machida~Evans.

I thoroughly enjoyed round 2!

Pretty much went how I figured it would. Love the results!

Machida fights like a true martial artist. Who's next for him?

I missed the Hughes/ Serra fight. How did it go?

Which under card match-up stood out tonight?

redblkwht
05-24-2009, 03:10 AM
Just got home from wk as well.. any insight here guys?
i read the winner, waddya think?

ULTRAMAN VH
05-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Okay, I figured two guys that supposedly hated each other with a passion would have ferociously tried to beat the snot out of one another. Well it turned out to be two guys just cautiously engaging one another in a chess match. Hughes and Serra need to just ride off into the sunset and just teach at there respective MA schools and leave it at that. Neither fighter is capable of competing against the current crop in their respected division. I guess if a young lion needs a tune up to prove himself, bring in Hughes or Serra to be the stepping stones and address it as a pay day for either of them. The rumor of Hughes moving up to middle weight is proposterous. He barely beat Serra and could not even finish the fight in a strong fashion. Serra clearly had him in trouble at the start of the fight and the end of the fight.
I have to say it was an absolute pleasure watching Lyoto destroy in my opinion one of the most annoying, unlikable, overhyped fighters in the UFC. Bye bye Rashod, you nipple pinching asshole and take your loudmouth wife with you. I don't want to start a Machida fan club just yet, lets see how he fares against Jackson. The last two champs could not successfully defend their titles, will Lyoto break the curse? With that said, I personally feel Lyoto is a intelligent, technician and Griffin or Rashod are no where near the class of fighter Machida is. The MMA world is comprised of a large percentage of meatheads who clearly lack martial fundamentals and technical skills. When someone like Lioto or Anderson comes along, it is just a pleasure to watch them compete. I hope Lyoto has a long run as champion. On a side note, keep an eye out for Jon Jones. This kid is displaying technical proficiency similar to Lioto. He completely stunned veteran Stephon Bonnar with a combination of numerous techniques from several styles of Martial Arts. Can't wait to see him fight again at UFC 100.

ULTRAMAN VH
05-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Machida takes this one. I have never seen a more elusive guy than him in the ring.
I can't stand Evans showboating. I dislike him more than any other UFC fighter and I think he is way over rated.
I do think Evans poses a few probles with his speed and power, but I can't see Evans winning this one.

Hughes is going to destroy Serra.

I like Xman over McFedries. That outta be a great fight.

Sarge, I picked the Xman also and was stunned by McFedries performance.

hideyoursheep
05-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Machida beats Jackson.....period.

I don't see a guy like that getting sloppy in his first title defense.

In fact, he just might finish him off quicker. He fights with a lot of pride. I haven't been that impressed with Jackson's skill thus far.

Sarge
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
It was amazing to see Machida destroy Evans like that.
I don't see him losing for awhile.

Serra won that fight. Hughes did not do any damage to Serra the entire fight, unless you consider holding him down damage.