PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson's 4 year old daughter has died.

FORD
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Tyson's daughter, 4, dies after 'tragic accident'
Exodus Tyson was found hanging from treadmill cord by 7-year-old brother
BREAKING NEWS
The Associated Press
updated 5:29 p.m. MT, Tues., May 26, 2009

PHOENIX - The 4-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson died at a hospital Tuesday, a day her neck apparently got caught in a treadmill cord at her Phoenix home, police said.

Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead just before noon, police Sgt. Andy Hill said. She had been on life support and police have said their investigation showed her injury on Monday was a “tragic accident.”

“There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus,” the family said in a statement. “We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.”

Police said Exodus either slipped or put her head in the loop of a cord hanging under the console. Her 7-year-old brother found her and told their mother. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR as they took the girl to the hospital.

Former heavyweight champion Tyson was in Las Vegas at the time of the accident and flew Monday to Phoenix, where he was seen entering the hospital.

Tyson spokeswoman Cynthia Schwartz said the family had not arranged a funeral yet and would release a statement later.

© 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: Tyson's daughter, 4, dies after 'tragic accident' - Other sports- nbcsports.msnbc.com (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30932524/)

That just fucking sucks.... say what you want about Tyson, but no parent should ever have to bury a kid :(

sadaist
05-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Very sad news. Mike has been through a lot in his life, and dealing with the death of his 4 year old daughter may prove one of the toughest. Thoughts and prayers to him and family of that poor little girl. :(

kwame k
05-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Mike has been a victim all his life or has never truly known success. Don King robbing him blind and the loss of his boxing coach early on. Yes he caused a ton of shit and is not innocent but to lose a child.............what a tragedy!

yah
05-26-2009, 11:42 PM
More shit happening to Mike,the guy just doesn't deserve it.
I wish him and his family well through this tragedy.

Redballjets88
05-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Thats extremely sad. I hope things start looking up for him soon.

LoungeMachine
05-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Thats extremely sad. I hope things start looking up for him soon.

:confused12:

fryingdutchman
05-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Mike has been a victim all his life or has never truly known success. Don King robbing him blind and the loss of his boxing coach early on. Yes he caused a ton of shit and is not innocent but to lose a child.............what a tragedy!

Well yes....and no, to an extent.

No doubt that Don King, that piece of shit, robbed Mike blind and led him down the primrose path while doing so.

But...Mike also brought a lot of his problems on himself.

But in the end, I totally agree with you that nobody deserves to suffer the loss of a child....especially one so young.

GAR
05-28-2009, 02:00 AM
I immediately thought this thread would be about Mike biting someone.