PDA

View Full Version : Chickenfoot on Conan O Brian

Carloscda
06-06-2009, 12:35 AM
weak!!

ELVIS
06-06-2009, 12:53 AM
This is very simplistic, but it's not terrible...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yA-upRu-3GU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yA-upRu-3GU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:elvis:

FORD
06-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Finishes his first week with Chickenshit? Couldn't get any better than that?

Shit, couldn't Max Weinberg call up his Boss?

ELVIS
06-06-2009, 01:02 AM
That would have been more appropriate, for sure...

Let Jimmy Falloff have the chicken disease...

bueno bob
06-06-2009, 01:20 AM
How very pedestrian of them.

Diamondjimi
06-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Boring... Reminds me of "Way Cool Junior" by Ratt

Complete with Chickenshit sig.guitars. :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
06-06-2009, 07:29 AM
I thought Guess Which One Is The Transvestite was on Maury?

ODShowtime
06-06-2009, 09:01 AM
man this band came out of left field all of a sudden best buy is all done up with their crap

Mr Walker
06-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Tuned over to Letterman when these fools came on... I can't believe Steven Wright is still doing stand-up.

thome
06-06-2009, 11:47 AM
If Sam is looking for a tax loss expence for his millions this is it!

He needs to loose 10 mil a year to stay within a certain interest bracket .

I think he will hit the mark this year just fine .

I still cannot get over his crusty assed night shirt he sleeps in. I mean grungy is a style. Sam just looks like that kid in school who used to shit himself .

These guys are going to have some talent because that have been at it for so many years, but they remind me of those -House Flippers- guys in it for the money.

Crimminals.

Plastic floors and paint turn a profit and fukk the structure and safety, future of the product.

I have seen old guy bar bands here in KC that have better skill as a group, I mean flow and style within the content.

I have seen some bands on Letterman /Conan, who are filler foder, and this just reminds me of, how do they get on such a world wide venue and suck clear thru every outline of what it takes to produce great even good music...uggg

Big Train
06-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I couldn't figure out what that thing was on Chad Smith's head. Hairpiece, clown costume?

Maybe he was goofin on the guys in front of him..

indeedido
06-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Chad's wig was a joke to something earlier in the show where all these kids came out wearing red wigs as if they were all Conan's kids.

Awkward at the end when Satch gave Conan his guitar. He didn't know what to do.:biggrin:

alexpgrimes
06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I gotta admit it. chad smith is a good drummer.

Carloscda
06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
After that Train wreck... Please VH come out with some new material and showem how it's really done!!

I mean Dam, even the Peppers sound better than them!

GAR
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
If Sam is looking for a tax loss expence for his millions this is it!

The abundance of Waborita gear onstage is an indicator to me that this project is Sam's baby with the others in tow.. not a "supergrouping."

Golden AWe
06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Gotta say I hate Sammy Hagar.

GAR
06-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I like J. Geils Band better. They had more hits.

Hummarstra
06-07-2009, 03:01 AM
30 secs of it and I turned it off. Its just shit and, wow, does Satriani disappoint with that cliche piece of garbage for a riff.

lesfunk
06-07-2009, 01:38 PM
hey Spammy, "The dude" called. he wants his image back

Coyote
06-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Poor Conan...

FORD
06-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I couldn't figure out what that thing was on Chad Smith's head. Hairpiece, clown costume?

Maybe he was goofin on the guys in front of him..

Laughed at his shirt though

"I am NOT Will Ferrell"

FORD
06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Awkward at the end when Satch gave Conan his guitar. He didn't know what to do.:biggrin:

It was his second guitar this week. Green Day gave him a Les Paul. Does Conan even play guitar?

kwame k
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
It was his second guitar this week. Green Day gave him a Les Paul. Does Conan even play guitar?

Matter of he does, I seem to remember in the early days of his show he used to play guitar a bunch, during skits.

Terry
06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Prior to hearing the group, I thought "well, at least Satriani might come up with some interesting stuff, guitar-wise". Not so much. Collective mediocrity; from what I've heard, these tunes are nothing better than any average bar band could come up with in terms of original material, but then what else should I have expected when the band is comprised of the weakest members of other superior bands (Van Halen, Peppers) and a guitarist better known for his technical ability rather than any songs he wrote?

Nickdfresh
06-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Sammy Hagar has anti-charisma...

High Life Man
06-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Just catching up on my Conan from the past couple of days.

Chickenfoot = Shit Sandwich

They'll be lucky to sell 100k of that shit.

Seshmeister
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Boring... Reminds me of "Way Cool Junior" by Ratt

It's nowhere near as good as that.

"We wrote it in the studio"

You don't fucking say. If they spent more than 5 minutes on it then fuck knows how.

ThrillsNSpills
06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Phoning it in on Speed dial.

Seshmeister
06-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Prior to hearing the group, I thought "well, at least Satriani might come up with some interesting stuff, guitar-wise". Not so much. Collective mediocrity; from what I've heard, these tunes are nothing better than any average bar band could come up with in terms of original material, but then what else should I have expected when the band is comprised of the weakest members of other superior bands (Van Halen, Peppers) and a guitarist better known for his technical ability rather than any songs he wrote?

Exactly. The only surprising thing about this band is how spectacularly mediocre all of Satriani's 'ideas' for songs are. There was that weak album he did years ago when he tried singing so we knew that he wasn't going to be helping with great vocal melodies but Jesus felching on a unicycle he's coming up with guitar ideas that are sub par early CC DeVille. The most incredibly uninteresting uncatchy nothing music.

I'm not saying he should be doing widdly Dream Theatre or whatever, I'm not even a big fan of that stuff but there is a happy medium or even fun superbasic but you need to put a quirk or spark of magic dust into that like ACDC.

You can do basic well and this isn't it.

But none of that is the worst thing about this band. This worst thing about Chickenfoot it the complete lack of self awareness about how spectacularly uninteresting and unfunny they are when they talk which is far far too often.

Shut the fuck up.

The amazing thing is that they've actually found someone on the planet with more anti-charisma(™ Nick) than Hagar with this loudmouthed fucking retard of a drummer.

Cheers!

:gulp:

VH Drummer
06-07-2009, 10:57 PM
When those first two songs leaked, I found myself skipping through the vocals to find the solos and jamming. Hearing Mike, Joe and Chad play together is pretty damn cool but I just don't care for Hagar. I will give them props for actually PROMOTING their stuff EVERYWHERE. When "Van Halen" decides to put out new music I hope they put forth some effort in the PR department; the nostalgia of having Dave back has probably worn off on a lot of casual fans so they will really need to go on a media blitz to show that they are still relevant in the rock music world...that is if anything ever gets done.

Seshmeister
06-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Well if it does happen they need to get over themselves enough to allow Roth to sell it rather than gagging him.

MUSICMANN
06-07-2009, 11:52 PM
I went and listened to the songs and in my humble opinion, it sounds like a B rate Van Hagar album, and that's not saying much at all.

Carloscda
06-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Took a peak at the links & newsdesk, they think that performance was the best thing since sliced bread?!!

binnie
06-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Will this band make a second album?

Nope.

ELVIS
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
This isn't so bad...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pDpYVb2vRJ0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pDpYVb2vRJ0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
06-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Compared to what, rectal cancer?

Seshmeister
06-08-2009, 11:07 AM
They're like a bunch of fucking hobbits. What is the average height of that band - 4'11"?

VH Drummer
06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Chad Smith is a sly son of a bitch though--the Conan wig, the T-shirt.

ELVIS
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm just saying it's not the worst thing i've ever seen...

Musically, they kicked Van Halen's ass considering the last tour...

And Sammy always sounds better out of Van Halen...

Coyote
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Oh my Deity, has Elvis gone off the deep end?

FORD
06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Sure sounds like it :(

Seshmeister
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM
And Sammy always sounds better out of Van Halen...

Out of Van Halen and in a soundproof booth.

Coyote
06-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Out of Van Halen and in a soundproof booth.

At the bottom of the Challenger Deep...

Seshmeister
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
With a spiny urchin soaked in swine flu stuck in his mouth

ELVIS
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh c'mon, most of you queers listened to some Van Hagar on and off for years...

This Conan appearance is better than most Van Hagar TV appearances, including Pound Cake...

That's all i'm sayin'

Seshmeister
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Elvis and Hagar sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G :)

thome
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I watched with the sound off to affraid to grab it all at one time..Wheew!

I am still waiting for blueray to be cheap, like I did with VHS I am always about five years behind World Changing Trendy, Super Neeto Stuff.

I am affraid to try new stuff, Then I will Get My Chicken OUT! OH YEAH!!

ELVIS
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
elvis and hagar sitting in a tree
k-i-s-s-i-n-g :)

golly gee willikers!!!

Terry
06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh c'mon, most of you queers listened to some Van Hagar on and off for years...

This Conan appearance is better than most Van Hagar TV appearances, including Pound Cake...

That's all i'm sayin'

Yes, but with Van Hagar, there were at least a few decent instrumental ideas with every studio release that were solid enough to the point where even Hagar's banal lyrics and irritating whine could only slightly undermine them (am thinking along the lines of the title track to 5150, AFU, Pleasuredome). Chickenfoot doesn't even have that much going for them.

Nickdfresh
06-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Exactly. The only surprising thing about this band is how spectacularly mediocre all of Satriani's 'ideas' for songs are. There was that weak album he did years ago when he tried singing so we knew that he wasn't going to be helping with great vocal melodies but Jesus felching on a unicycle he's coming up with guitar ideas that are sub par early CC DeVille. The most incredibly uninteresting uncatchy nothing music.

I'm not saying he should be doing widdly Dream Theatre or whatever, I'm not even a big fan of that stuff but there is a happy medium or even fun superbasic but you need to put a quirk or spark of magic dust into that like ACDC.

You can do basic well and this isn't it.

But none of that is the worst thing about this band. This worst thing about Chickenfoot it the complete lack of self awareness about how spectacularly uninteresting and unfunny they are when they talk which is far far too often.

Shut the fuck up.

The amazing thing is that they've actually found someone on the planet with more anti-charisma(™ Nick) than Hagar with this loudmouthed fucking retard of a drummer.

Cheers!

:gulp:

In the universe there is matter and antimatter. In the music universe, there is David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. But in any case, I can almost put up with an unselfaware asshole clod like Hagar if I like what he does in 4/4 timing. But that clip reminded me of how much I really hate Hagar's raspy, Janis Joplin-esque voice screeching over a mediocre riff.

The drummer certainly has anti-charisma, but at least I like his fucking drumming. And yeah, Satriani is a great player, but he sharked on the virtuoso soloist stuff and never really seemed to work in the confines of a band. I used to wonder why in the fuck didn't Joe find a good singer, hook-up with Hamm on bass and a competent drummer and put out a complete album. But I can see why he has chosen to remain a virtuoso underground guitar God rather than have to open himself up to the rigors of actually writing complete songs. This is where I begin to have immense respect for less technically proficient players such as The Edge that are able to create musical substance over the style of flashy guitar heroics. You can just feel the tension between him and the rest of the guys, at least Hagar and the Red Hot Chili Pepper buffoon (Satriani is a very serious musician despite the comic book, pop culture references in his work and themes) and I can see him tiring of these Peter Pan Phase, 50/60-something assholes pretending they're still 30 and their forced 'good-time' antics on stage...

Nickdfresh
06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I prefer to remember this Joe Satriani:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
In the universe there is matter and antimatter.

Antimatter? - I hope you haven't had to watch that Angels and Demons film?

I read that very silly book during a 5 hour drinking session but I seem to remember that it involved an antimatter bomb. :)

He's such a silly man that Dan Brown I see there are lots of stuff on the interweb about antimatter.

Thought this was quite funny from CERN where they do the maths of the bomb in the book.

At CERN we make quantities of the order of 107 antiprotons per second and there are 600 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 of them in a single gram of antihydrogen. You can easily calculate how long we would have to work to get one gram if we could make the 100 000 000 antiparticles every second: we would need 60 000 000 000 000 000 seconds. There are only 30 000 000 seconds in a year, so it would roughly take 2 000 000 000 years!

Oops this may be a bit off topic...

Nickdfresh
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Antimatter? - I hope you haven't had to watch that Angels and Demons film?

I read that very silly book during a 5 hour drinking session but I seem to remember that it involved an antimatter bomb. :)

He's such a silly man that Dan Brown I see there are lots of stuff on the interweb about antimatter.

Thought this was quite funny from CERN where they do the maths of the bomb in the book.

Oops this may be a bit off topic...

The most potent antimatter bomb was the Van Hagar Tour of 2004...

Humanity has yet to recover...

Nickdfresh
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Actually, the 1996-1998 Van Halen III episode was even a worse antimatter bomb. I think several Japanese cults committed suicide up the "sign" of Gary Cherone fingering his asshole while singing "Unchained."

ELVIS
06-09-2009, 12:23 AM
You fags are being too hard on this...

I don't like Satriani or Hagar, but this isn't bad for a live performance...

Nitro Express
06-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Satriani has more hair on his arms than Sasquatch. Man. He would have a full head of hair if he transplanted his arm hair to his head.

binnie
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Seriously, who cares about this?

They should call their next album 'Chinese Democracy'.

Coyote
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Antimatter? - I hope you haven't had to watch that Angels and Demons film.

It's actually a part of particle physics...

DavidLeeNatra
06-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't like Satriani or Hagar, but this isn't bad for a live performance...

Again, Jackass...where is Elvis and who are you??? :biggrin:

ELVIS
06-10-2009, 11:49 PM
C'mon dude...

DavidLeeNatra
06-10-2009, 11:53 PM
C'mon dude...

It's not a bad performance...I give you that...these guys have enough experience to go out and play well...but it's far away from being interesting or worth remembering...

Diamondjimi
06-11-2009, 12:57 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Same here!

ELVIS
06-11-2009, 01:02 AM
It's not a bad performance...I give you that...these guys have enough experience to go out and play well...but it's far away from being interesting or worth remembering...

That's fair, but i've heard quite a bit of positive response regarding that performance...

I know it's nothing amazing but it's better than some of the new crap that gets on these shows...

rustoffa
06-11-2009, 02:24 AM
That's fair, but i've heard quite a bit of positive response regarding that performance...

I know it's nothing amazing but it's better than some of the new crap that gets on these shows...

Amazingness comes and goes. Stick to your guns!!!

DavidLeeNatra
06-11-2009, 06:03 AM

ok...so our little discussion made me watch the whole conan o'brien performance...with the song "oh yeah"

starts of quite cool...riff is not bad. but then comes the problem...it's hagar and his standard "I got what you want give you what you need baby oh yeah"-lyrics. this guy can't tell a story if his life depended on it. so what starts off cool becomes boring fast and annoying soon...

then there is the part when they slow down, which sounds a bit like the "uh baby"-part in Whitesnake's "Still of the night". hagar again tries too hard to get the blues "vibe" and sounds like david coverversion on a bad day. and you can also see that hagar is not so happy that he is not "center stage" anymore...chad is the fun part, satch the virtuoso who has conan o'brien's (and the camera's) attention and TAFKAB is the original ex-member of the mighty =VH=.

hagar might have a pencil sized dick but he has a football stadium sized ego and a guy like this does not let the drummer tell the jokes on stage for long...

Coyote
06-11-2009, 10:32 AM
ok...so our little discussion made me watch the whole conan o'brien performance...with the song "oh yeah"

I did the same... All through the performance I was thinking "Do people really care about this?", "Did Conan approve this?" "This is boring" and, finally:
"Why didn't VH do this? They would've been better".

And then I remembered who runs the band these days...

Vinnie Velvet
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Yup.

But "Ice 9" is from 1987's Surfing with the Alien.

I don't think Joe has put out anything earth shattering in YEARS! I would say Flying in Blue Dream (1989) was his last.

VAiN
06-11-2009, 10:16 PM
I agree, the performance isn't bad and yes, it's better stuff then anything 'new' in rock. The album is like very average van hagar or a heavy sam-solo album. Sam is the weak link in this band for sure. The guy just can't write a good lyric to save his life...

jero
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Yup.

But "Ice 9" is from 1987's Surfing with the Alien.

I don't think Joe has put out anything earth shattering in YEARS! I would say Flying in Blue Dream (1989) was his last.

And even that is pretty boring if you listen to it now....