PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Schenker is back...

Diamondjimi
06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Video footage of MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP (MSG) performing the song "Lost Horizons" on June 9, 2009 at the Key Club in West Hollywood, California can be viewed below.

MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's current touring lineup is as follows:

Michael Schenker (Guitar)
Gary Barden (Vocals)
Wayne Findlay (Guitar, Keyboards)
Pete Holmes (Drums)
Rev Jones (Bass)

MSG's North American trek was originally scheduled to take place in March/April but was postponed due to a delay in receiving the necessary paperwork required for Schenker to enter the U.S.

Audio samples of all 12 tracks that appear on SCHENKER BARDEN ACOUSTIC PROJECT's first album, "Gypsy Lady", are available for streaming on Play.com.

"Gipsy Lady" was released on May 19 via Inakustik.

Almost one year after his phenomenal comeback album "In The Midst Of Beauty" and follow-up tour, guitarist Michael Schenker has collaborated with singer Gary Barden to give the cleverly arranged songs just the touch of soul they need for full impact. And with Michael Voss, Schenker has an experienced producer, a second guitarist as well as a background vocalist on board, who delivers an outstanding performance. Kai Luennemann on percussion completes the team. Using a flamenco guitar with castanets in "Dance Lady Gipsy" conjures up a hot-blooded gypsy dancing before your eyes, while the fiddle and flutes in "Fight For Freedom" transport you to beautiful Ireland.
Link: BLABBERMOUTH.NET - MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP: First Footage From U.S. Tour Posted Online (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121712)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zgdutLwjTb0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zgdutLwjTb0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great to see the master returning in fine form with (imo) the best voice for the Michael Schenker Group ,Gary Barden!
:jammin:

WACF
06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw Barden's name.

Nice.

Hopefully he beat his demons.

ELVIS
06-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Why couldn't Edward do that ??

Diamondjimi
06-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Why couldn't Edward do that ??

Because Ed fried his brain with Meth & booze. He lacks the practice disipline of Schenker...

GreenBayLA
06-11-2009, 04:30 AM
I was there last night, right behind the person who videotaped this. Schenker shined and Barden was good too. Set consisted of 8 songs from 1st 2 MSG albums, 1 from 4th, 3 new songs. Encore was Doctor Doctor w/ Robin McAuley and Rock Bottom. Great show!

Coyote
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
I hope Michael keeps it together...

alexpgrimes
06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
is it me or does that wayne dude look like dimebag darryl???

thome
06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
How wonderfull would it be if we can keep a few of these greats
healthy and strong...outstanding!

The MSG opening for a new -Roth VH Tour- that'll put some fire in Ed's ass;;lol.

Makes me want to dust off my old UFO, LP.
Rock On Schenker

Diamondjimi
06-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I was there last night, right behind the person who videotaped this. Schenker shined and Barden was good too. Set consisted of 8 songs from 1st 2 MSG albums, 1 from 4th, 3 new songs. Encore was Doctor Doctor w/ Robin McAuley and Rock Bottom. Great show!

Lucky Bastige!;)

McAuley is a great singer who I've (over the years) grown to really appreciate. Hell of a nice guy as well. Schenker is as well (when he's in his sober phase);)

I hope Michael keeps it together...

I hope he does too. He seems poised for a US comeback...

How wonderfull would it be if we can keep a few of these greats
healthy and strong...outstanding!

The MSG opening for a new -Roth VH Tour- that'll put some fire in Ed's ass;;lol.

Makes me want to dust off my old UFO, LP.
Rock On Schenker

Good post. Hmmm ,must be a leap year...

GreenBayLA
06-11-2009, 08:16 PM
is it me or does that wayne dude look like dimebag darryl???
Must be the dude's hero as he was playing a Dean guitar that said Dime on it.
Quick check of Dean website found Dimebag Darrell USA - Dime Razorback Series - Dimebag Darrell Guitars

Coyote
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I hope he does too. He seems poised for a US comeback...

Shit, he's due for an international comeback...

forgiveness151
06-15-2009, 09:09 AM
you look great today.AION NAVI (http://www.aion-navi.jp)

GreenBayLA
06-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Postcards from the road, Sat 6/13 Angels Roadhouse Yucaipa, CA. Gary Barden looks like Brian Johnson here.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8za3L7PK6jM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8za3L7PK6jM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
06-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Nice to see Michael ditched the Pseudo dirtbag/homeless guy look.

Now he needs to get his ass up to Canada, pronto!

ThrillsNSpills
06-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Remasters of 1st 2 Schenker group albums have bonus cuts of unreleased tracks with Sheehan and live tracks with Barden.

In case you haven't heard.

Diamondjimi
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Cool ,gotta check 'em out..

binnie
06-16-2009, 02:48 AM
When he's on form (i.e. sober), he's as good as it gets.

ppg960
07-15-2009, 12:20 AM
When he's on form (i.e. sober), he's as good as it gets.

I agree Binnie.
Looks like he stole one of Rudolf's Gibsons in that clip??
He is a hell of a player. Too bad he wasted soooooooooo many of his years.