PDA

View Full Version : Sam in and Mike out?

Chris
01-09-2004, 11:49 PM
I was over at the links and the DJ that did this latest interview with Eddie was giving some hints as to what is contained in the complete interview that they will air Monday morning. One tidbit he revealed is the revelation that Eddie, apparently claims he hasn't talked to Mike in two years. I suppose it could be a smokescreen of some kind.....but if it's not, and Sam returns without Mike returning, he has to be crowned the biggest hypocrite of all time.

First he claimed he would never return to Van Halen. Then he claimed he would only return to do a charity event. Then it was only if Dave and Sam returned. And now it's looking as if he might return without his pal Michael Anthony in tow?

Flash Bastard
01-10-2004, 12:09 AM
If Mike's not involved, then VH can fuck off forever.

Catfish
01-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Don't believe anything those cocksuckers say.

Catfish
01-10-2004, 01:19 AM
You know, that sounded mean.

Let me digress.

Don't believe anything those LYING cocksuckers say.

Panamark
01-10-2004, 04:52 AM
I agree, after the lovey dovey Mike and Spammy show of the last 12 months, Spammy would be a total prick if he went back without Mikey. I really doubt this, Spammy and Mikey are definately joined at the hip.

BigBadBrian
01-10-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm not convinced Spammy is back in VH. A romantic dinner with Alex and interludes with Ed at 5150 or on the phone does not a Van Hagar reunion make. :D

Gmoney
01-10-2004, 09:20 AM
So many rumors going on right now, so it's all a bunch of BS!!

Full Bug
01-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Rule #1: Dont believe anything a DJ has to say.......
Rule# 2 : See number #1........

ZahZoo
01-10-2004, 11:23 AM
It stands to reason that Mike may not have been in contact with Ed for over a year or more. Van Halen the band hasn't been on active-duty so there's no compelling reason the troops have to assemble. Ed's been involved with his personal life (cancer, divorce, raising his kid)... Mike's the bass player in the band, not Ed's brother or whatever.

I'm sure if any business elements were going on the last couple of years Mike's attornies and the bands have spoken. I just seriously doubt that Mike and the brothers are close personal friends in a family way... Doesn't mean that they are still not collegues on the musical front. fact is the music has been on the back burner from VH's perspective.

I just don't put a whole lot of significance in their not talking...

Catfish
01-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I agree, after the lovey dovey Mike and Spammy show of the last 12 months, Spammy would be a total prick if he went back without Mikey. I really doubt this, Spammy and Mikey are definately joined at the hip.

You're wrong, bro. Spammy IS a total prick.

Panamark
01-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
You're wrong, bro. Spammy IS a total prick.

Yeah, you are right. Spammy is a total prick.

DLR'sCock
01-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Who gives a shit about Van Hagar???

Figs
11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh, I'm gonna have your job, shithead. ... I don't care whose nephew you are, who you know, whose dick you're sucking on, you're going out!

scottydabodi
11-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Mike not in VH? Maybe Mike'll call DAVE for a gig... then Ed can grind his teeth down to the gums on THAT!!!

Nickdfresh
11-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Chris
I was over at the links and the DJ that did this latest interview with Eddie was giving some hints as to what is contained in the complete interview that they will air Monday morning. One tidbit he revealed is the revelation that Eddie, apparently claims he hasn't talked to Mike in two years. I suppose it could be a smokescreen of some kind.....but if it's not, and Sam returns without Mike returning, he has to be crowned the biggest hypocrite of all time.

First he claimed he would never return to Van Halen. Then he claimed he would only return to do a charity event. Then it was only if Dave and Sam returned. And now it's looking as if he might return without his pal Michael Anthony in tow?

What he meant was the two years before Sam came back. Mike was playing shows with the Waboritas and that apparently pissed off Eddie.

I bet you thought these guys were friends or something.

Nickdfresh
11-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I'm not convinced Spammy is back in VH. A romantic dinner with Alex and interludes with Ed at 5150 or on the phone does not a Van Hagar reunion make. :D

I agree, I posted on another thread that if you look at Spam's web site, redrocker.com and read between the lines (like how he barely mentions his affiliation with VH and makes a backhanded comment about "fan interaction" and "ticket prices" at his club), this guy definitely regards himself as a solo artist doing a side project with VH.

Nickdfresh
11-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Why the fuck am I posting on year old threads?...FIGS!

Figs
11-11-2004, 02:40 PM
uh, sorry

lms2
11-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Nostalgia?

tydhurst
11-12-2004, 06:31 AM
I didn't realise this was an old thread, i just thought we were all really behind the times!