PDA

View Full Version : North Korean Ship is being tracked

letsrock
06-18-2009, 04:27 PM
U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/18/military-tracking-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferating-weapons-material/)

U.S. Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes
A ship named Kang Nam left a port in North Korea Wednesday and could be carrying missile parts or nuclear materials in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution.

The U.S. military is tracking a flagged North Korean ship suspected of proliferating weapons material in violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution passed last Friday, FOX News has learned.

The ship, Kang Nam, left a port in North Korea Wednesday and appears to be heading toward Singapore, according to a senior U.S. military source. The vessel, which the military has been tracking since its departure, could be carrying weaponry, missile parts or nuclear materials.

"It is believed to be 'of interest,'" a senior U.S. official told FOX News.

This is the first suspected "proliferator" that the U.S. and its allies have tracked from North Korea since the United Nations authorized the world's navies to enforce compliance with a variety of U.N. sanctions aimed at punishing North Korea for its recent nuclear test.

The ship is currently along the coast of China and being monitored around-the-clock by air.

The apparent violation raises the question of how the United States and its allies will respond, particularly since the U.N. resolution does not have a lot of teeth to it.

The resolution would not allow the United States to board the ship forcibly. Rather, U.S. military would have to request permission to board -- a request North Korea is unlikely to grant.

North Korea has said that any attempt to board its ships would be viewed as an act of war and promised "100- or 1,000-fold" retaliation if provoked.

If there is cause to pursue the ship, sources told FOX News the U.S. military would instead likely follow the slow-moving vessel until it goes into port to refuel.

At that point, sources said, the U.S. military could request that the host country not provide fuel to the ship.

One U.S. official said that the U.S. military could be waiting for the ship to distance itself from China before confronting it, to avoid agitating the Chinese.

The Kang Nam is known to be a ship that has been involved in proliferation activities in the past -- it is "a repeat offender," according to one military source.

The tension follows a Japanese news report that North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Thursday the military is "watching" that situation "very closely," and would have "some concerns" if North Korea launched a missile in the direction of Hawaii. But he expressed confidence in U.S. ability to handle such a launch.

Gates said he's directed the deployment of the Theater High Altitude Area Defense, a mobile missile defense system used for knocking down long- and medium-range missiles.

"The ground-based interceptors are clearly in a position to take action. So, without telegraphing what we will do, I would just say ... I think we are in a good position, should it become necessary, to protect the American territory."

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs stayed mum on the latest developments at Thursday's press briefing, commenting generally on the nature of the U.N. resolution.

"There are some specific actions that have to be taken by countries who are near these ships, whose water these ships are in, ports that they might be destined for that are all part of this process," Gibbs said. "The White House feels comfortable and confident that we have an understanding of what this resolution does."

ZahZoo
06-18-2009, 04:43 PM
It would be a shame if that ship just mysteriously sank...

letsrock
06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm willing to bet that a sub is close by.

Nitro Express
06-18-2009, 08:49 PM
North Korea always goes wacko after a new president comes in. They are testing Obama to see what he does. You can't use logic with North Korea though. It's a crazy ass regime. I have the gut feeling they are going to shoot their full load just to do it. I think their president is sick and dying and doesn't give a fuck, so he's going to start some shit.

High Life Man
06-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I think it's about time to finish the job MacArthur started.

ELVIS
06-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Obama will do nothing...

He's not on our side!

You dumb fucks...

:elvis:

Nitro Express
06-18-2009, 09:07 PM
The Korean war never ended. I think they are going to act majorly stupid to the point we will have to go in there and mop it up finally. They have nukes now and are totally nutball, iresponsible with them. China is going to let them go on their tirade just so we have to respond and that thins the US military out to the point we won't be a viable force anywhere in the world. China bennefits if we go in and I think we will.

ELVIS
06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
We are already thinned out...

Soon 59 year old people will be drafted...

FORD
06-18-2009, 09:23 PM

Chimpy already did that. I remember reading about several such cases. Of course it was some red tape technicality and not a straight up draft, but Chimpy's handlers knew better than that. An actual draft would have ended that sorry Iraq bullshit before it started, because the right wingers would have been right out there marching with us when their kids got forced into it.

There will be no war with North Korea. The very worst that might happen is a mini-Cuban Missile Crisis sort of thing, and I doubt it even goes that far.

But if it did, thank God Almighty that fucking Kennebunkport imbecile isn't in office anymore.

Nickdfresh
06-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I think it's about time to finish the job MacArthur started.

Dude, please. MacArthur was an incompetent jackoff...

Nickdfresh
06-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Obama will do nothing...

He's not on our side!

You dumb fucks...

What's "our side" fuckwit nurse? Aren't you the one running around stating that 9/11 was an inside job? What fucking side are YOU on?

thome
06-18-2009, 09:37 PM

I'm ready, lets go!

I am 11 years younger than that,,, full piss cum and ,,,wait,...mmmm..... that it's is fighting for ...This is my gunpon....wait ..4score and sixteen will get you 20, Oh fukkit point me towards tha'Mf'ers....

Nickdfresh:Dude, please. MacArthur was an incompetent jackoff...

Oh, how soon they forget. sad really...

Nickdfresh
06-18-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm ready, lets go!

I am 11 years younger than that,,, full piss cum and ,,,wait,...mmmm..... that it's is fighting for ...This is my gunpon....wait ..4score and sixteen will get you 20, Oh fukkit point me towards tha'Mf'ers....

Oh, how soon they forget. sad really...

Why are you waiting for a call or letter? Just enlist already, tough guy....

thome
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Why are you waiting for a call or letter? Just enlist already, tough guy....

Dude, I am allways ready, cocked ,locked and loaded for Bear.

I played COD all day yesterday and I can fukk up some Nazi ScheissKoff.

I just can't wait to get over the next obstacle and get my medi pakk .

P.S. Because you need to know: I am not tough at all. I am mean and am posessed with a intemperate disposition. To a detrement at times.

We Americans who care, are in posession of the interior of this country due to the 2nd amendment.

As far as I am concerned the military on active duty controls the borders in time of war and if needed we control thier backs..nuff said.

BITEYOASS
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Dude, I am allways ready, cocked ,locked and loaded for Bear.

I played COD all day yesterday and I can fukk up some Nazi ScheissKoff.

I just can't wait to get over the next obstacle and get my medi pakk .

P.S. Because you need to know: I am not tough at all. I am mean and am posessed with a intemperate disposition. To a detrement at times.

We Americans who care, are in posession of the interior of this country due to the 2nd amendment.

As far as I am concerned the military on active duty controls the borders in time of war and if needed we control thier backs..nuff said.

Just join you fuckin pussy! I did it for 9 god damn years! Besides you don't want to be fighting next to some beer belly paranoid militia types with inferior weapons now do you? DO YOU?!?!?!?

thome
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Just join you fuckin pussy! I did it for 9 god damn years! Besides you don't want to be fighting next to some beer belly paranoid militia types with inferior weapons now do you? DO YOU?!?!?!?

You mean White Supremist types...They hate Americans.. Black, White or Jew, FUKK them.

I am not down like that, my brother.

Besides that shouldn't you all be rolling some verbage about the American Government forgiving the slaves for 400 years of going thru the same thing every race and family historically has since the dawn of time?

I just don't know if you MEN can handle that last joke, or soon you will labe; me with what I am not..?

Va Beach VH Fan
06-18-2009, 10:56 PM

Fuck that, 20 years is plenty...

Nitro Express
06-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Obama will do nothing...

He's not on our side!

You dumb fucks...

Obama is busy consolidating economic power in this country. He wants to give the people responsible for our economic problems more power. He's given the corrupt banks direct access to public money. Now he wants the corrupt Federal Reserve to have more power. It's madness. What he should do is reinstate the banking regulations that were deregulated during the Clinton Administration. He should also put the Federal Reserve under the control of The Treasury Dept. but hell, the former chairman of the New York Federal Reserve bank is in control of that now. It's so fucked.

As far as North Korea goes. Obama will have to respond if they pop a nuke on South Korea. The situation there is not part of Obama's current plan which is to consolidate financial power in the US by federalizing private banks and corporations to bennefit his buddies on Wall Street.

letsrock
06-19-2009, 01:40 AM
I'd volunteer to go and serve our Nation again.

Nitro Express
06-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Chimpy already did that. I remember reading about several such cases. Of course it was some red tape technicality and not a straight up draft, but Chimpy's handlers knew better than that. An actual draft would have ended that sorry Iraq bullshit before it started, because the right wingers would have been right out there marching with us when their kids got forced into it.

There will be no war with North Korea. The very worst that might happen is a mini-Cuban Missile Crisis sort of thing, and I doubt it even goes that far.

But if it did, thank God Almighty that fucking Kennebunkport imbecile isn't in office anymore.

North Korea is starving to God's sake. We could take them over easy but like Iraq, we then would have to manage the place and that's a bigger problem. It's easier to invade and take a country over than it is to run it after that is done. The thing is, if North Korea escalates it's madness, we will have to respond to it. Especially if they are going nuts with missles and nukes.

Nitro Express
06-19-2009, 01:46 AM
I don't see a draft working unless you can sell the war to the public. With how divided this country is now and the economic situation, unless people really feel they are threatend. Good luck drafting them. It could start a lot of civil unrest here. In my oppinion, the powers that be will avoid a draft unless they control enough internal whoop ass to force people to go.

GAR
06-19-2009, 04:44 AM
I'd handle the situation like this: when it cant' refuel, arrest em all, and tow the thing out to the somali coast and let those rice paddies pay ransom to get their stuff back from the pirates.

GAR
06-19-2009, 04:45 AM
I'd volunteer to go and serve our Nation again.

What did you do again, wasnt it med staff tech or something like that?

Nickdfresh
06-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Obama is busy consolidating economic power in this country. He wants to give the people responsible for our economic problems more power. He's given the corrupt banks direct access to public money. Now he wants the corrupt Federal Reserve to have more power. It's madness. What he should do is reinstate the banking regulations that were deregulated during the Clinton Administration. He should also put the Federal Reserve under the control of The Treasury Dept. but hell, the former chairman of the New York Federal Reserve bank is in control of that now. It's so fucked.

The bailout of the banking industry started before Obama ever took office. And what was your alternative? A complete meltdown of the financial system and a very long depression?

letsrock
06-19-2009, 11:33 AM
What did you do again, wasnt it med staff tech or something like that?

Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

letsrock
06-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I'd handle the situation like this: when it cant' refuel, arrest em all, and tow the thing out to the somali coast and let those rice paddies pay ransom to get their stuff back from the pirates.

I do like the idea of letting the Somali pirates handle this.

letsrock
06-19-2009, 11:35 AM
My belief is that once its away from China i think an attack sub will sink it.

letsrock
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM
U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes
The USS John McCain, a navy destroyer, will intercept the ship Kang Nam as soon as it leaves the vicinity off the coast of China, according to a senior U.S. defense official.

FOXNews.com

Friday, June 19, 2009

U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/19/military-set-intercept-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferatin-missiles-nukes/)

Nitro Express
06-19-2009, 01:53 PM

Americans will serve their country if they trust their govt. and the cause. Trust in the US govt. wained as soon as it became apparent the Kennedy Assassination was being covered up. Then Vietnam, Nixon, and the ever increasing growth of govt. Then Bush and the Iraq lie.

The US is full of many, many stupid people but there is a large underlying element who are silently fed up. Nobody wants to be the first to stick their head out but if they start drafting 59 year olds, we will have a civil war here.

All I can say is good luck on that one.

letsrock
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I do find it interesting that of all the ships the Navy has they are going to use the USS John McCain. I find that funny and ironic all in one.

Nitro Express
06-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I do like the idea of letting the Somali pirates handle this.

Yeah. Then they can upgrade their weaponry from AK-47s and RPGs to big missles and nuclear warheads.:biggrin:

sadaist
06-19-2009, 02:04 PM
My best friend put it best one night at a small club just before entering the mosh pit to take out the big dickhead in the middle who was punching & kicking people.

"He might be bigger than me, but he doesn't hear the voices"

Nitro Express
06-19-2009, 02:08 PM
The bailout of the banking industry started before Obama ever took office. And what was your alternative? A complete meltdown of the financial system and a very long depression?

The problem started under the Clinton administration when the banking regulations were loosened allowing huge speculating and bubbles to appear. The Bush administration used the attacks on 9/11 to radically expand the powers of the Federal Govt. Especially the Executive Branch. The reckless real estate bubble and massive commercial and personal debt continued to grow due to obscene levels under Bush as govt. spending and power increased.

The bailout was under way before Obama. The problem with the bailout is it saved who created the problem. The big banks. Now Obama is making the Federal Reserve more powerful than the US Congress and giving it powers to totally control US economic interests.

The bailout bought us some time. You are right. We would be in a full blown depression with the resulting civil unrest without the bailout right now. The thing is that will come anyways and we will be stuck in depression much longer because we have saddled our good money with the debt of bailing out the bad money.

What has happened is Washington has become Wall Street and Wall Street has become Washington. The banks run the show and that is who Obama caters to. Not the average American. But people are too dumb to see it.

Kristy
06-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Explosive Ordnance Disposal.

That sounds sexy.

ULTRAMAN VH
06-19-2009, 02:25 PM
The problem started under the Clinton administration when the banking regulations were loosened allowing huge speculating and bubbles to appear. The Bush administration used the attacks on 9/11 to radically expand the powers of the Federal Govt. Especially the Executive Branch. The reckless real estate bubble and massive commercial and personal debt continued to grow due to obscene levels under Bush as govt. spending and power increased.

The bailout was under way before Obama. The problem with the bailout is it saved who created the problem. The big banks. Now Obama is making the Federal Reserve more powerful than the US Congress and giving it powers to totally control US economic interests.

The bailout bought us some time. You are right. We would be in a full blown depression with the resulting civil unrest without the bailout right now. The thing is that will come anyways and we will be stuck in depression much longer because we have saddled our good money with the debt of bailing out the bad money.

What has happened is Washington has become Wall Street and Wall Street has become Washington. The banks run the show and that is who Obama caters to. Not the average American. But people are too dumb to see it.

Well said, Obama's huge printing machine is only delaying the inevitable

ULTRAMAN VH
06-19-2009, 02:29 PM
That sounds sexy.

Uh no, you're sexy and although I don't agree with everthing you write, I enjoy reading your posts;)

Kristy
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Um, thanks. :0

letsrock
06-19-2009, 02:38 PM
That sounds sexy.

it was a great time. IED's sucked but we handled them. Basically the job was to deal with anything that could go boom or bang. We also did secret service work and other things.

I would of had my 20 years in in april 2010 if i didnt get sick.

ULTRAMAN VH
06-19-2009, 02:54 PM
U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes
The USS John McCain, a navy destroyer, will intercept the ship Kang Nam as soon as it leaves the vicinity off the coast of China, according to a senior U.S. defense official.

FOXNews.com

Friday, June 19, 2009

U.S. Military Set to Intercept North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Missiles, Nukes - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/19/military-set-intercept-north-korean-ship-suspected-proliferatin-missiles-nukes/)

Batten down the hatches folks, things are about to get ugly!

ULTRAMAN VH
06-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Okay, I am going to catch hell from the Obama fan club, but anyone notice since he has become are leader, foreign countries have really started flexing their muscles?

letsrock
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Just as predicted. Lets see how it plays out.
I say a sub attack is best, or just jam thier comm. Then take it from there.
North Korea will have no proof, unless they are reading foxnews on the internet.

True the population is restricted but the leader can see this stuff.

Kristy
06-19-2009, 03:07 PM
If a draft does come I don't see it as a solidified one in that it will be the U.S. firepower facing North Korea alone. There is no question U.S. forces are too thin to police that part of the world from a malevolent despot with a Hollywood movie/Elvis fetish. Obviously Kim Jong-il is off his rocker but from what I can gather about the guy he is more interested in being media savvy than actually detonating a nuke; small man, even smaller penis, big rocket pontificating idle threats that nobody is going to fuck with him or ELSE! This guy strives on attention more than your average MySpace camera whore. I swear if he was living in America he'd be in a trailer park(complete with mullet) with doberman chained by leash to a wooden stake and sign out front that reads "Beware."

This is not to say his threats shouldn't be taken seriously but for a elevator-shoe dictator whose country is largely militarized yet much of the population starving with improper medical care, housing (discounting all the labor camps) even the basics of water and electricity I'm sure he has his doubts on just how much of his military with fight for his madness in order to keep the status quo. I once had a Tang Soo do Master who served in the South Korean military who told me that if the North ever invaded that the South Korean Army would more or less being dealing with troop surrenders than actual fighting. Besides, if they did ever come across the DMZ and the way it is set up most North's soldiers would be slaughtered before they ever reached the border. There is no tactical advantage the North has other than gaining a nuke and the technology to successfully make it work. This is the true threat (and to me, the only one) Kim Jong-il has.

So the only option for him is to build nukes and place them in short-range missiles because the adulation from his people by terrorizing them isn't enough anymore to make his little cock grow hard. And if that happens due to Obama's AND the UN's inability to stop him is more than likely you'll see Japan initiate a draft because they are most suspect to a nuke than the U.S. is currently and really, the thought of a Japanese military becoming a solid force in that Pacific region again is scary.

letsrock
06-19-2009, 03:16 PM
So basically your saying he is an "Attention Whore"?
Which also means that there is a good chance he may be a member of a CVH website.
:hee:

Kristy
06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Obviously Kim Jong-il is an attention whore. As for this place I think GAR has you all beat (and no, that is not praising him).

WACF
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Just as predicted. Lets see how it plays out.
I say a sub attack is best, or just jam thier comm. Then take it from there.
North Korea will have no proof, unless they are reading foxnews on the internet.

True the population is restricted but the leader can see this stuff.

I don't hink there will be a sub attack.

At the very least...there will be Chinese subs there too.

While US subs will be silent...a torpedo launch will not be.

IMO...the ship will be searched in a very public way...whether or not this ship is a decoy will be seen.

Nickdfresh
06-19-2009, 07:33 PM
...I once had a Tang Soo do Master who served in the South Korean military who told me that if the North ever invaded that the South Korean Army would more or less being dealing with troop surrenders than actual fighting. Besides, if they did ever come across the DMZ and the way it is set up most North's soldiers would be slaughtered before they ever reached the border. There is no tactical advantage the North has other than gaining a nuke and the technology to successfully make it work. This is the true threat (and to me, the only one) Kim Jong-il has.

He's probably correct. Especially in the current situation where the North Koreans have done little training on any sort of scale and mostly pick crops while their vehicles rot in the motor pool for want of fuel...

The South has transformed itself into a minor power with indigenous capability to produce weapons systems and they are far better funded and more modern than the DPRK military, which is still stuck in the 1970s, with the exception of few token, modern jet fighters that rarely fly...

twonabomber
06-19-2009, 09:13 PM
that's what i've been thinking...what can they possibly have? 20 year old MiG's with few spare parts?

i see the mass surrender thing happening too.

FORD
06-19-2009, 09:31 PM
What the South Korean troops need to do then, is have one big fucking BBQ right at the DMZ, and invite those starvin' Marvins to walk over and surrender, then they can chow down on some Bulgogi.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/givenugahug/Bulgogi.jpg

Speaking of which.... that makes me hungry, and it's dinner time......

Seshmeister
06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
They're a 3rd world joke, the only worry would be them selling an old nuke bomb to a terrorist.

http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/northkorea-at-night.jpg

Northern and Southern Korea as viewed from space at night.

Nitro Express
06-20-2009, 04:50 AM
Okay, I am going to catch hell from the Obama fan club, but anyone notice since he has become are leader, foreign countries have really started flexing their muscles?

Yup. For one thing, they are testing this new president. Secondly, our nuclear arsenal is aging and Obama has done nothing about it. As of now, Pakistan can assemble nuclear weapons faster than we can in the US. This is because our enrichment facilities have not been maintained and Obama has done nothing. The Russians have expanded and modernized their missles and nuclear weapons. Right now they are ahead of us in this area. They have even built new facilities underground in the Ural mountains. Russia has had successful tests of their new missles.

Now lets look to North Korea. How did they get to the point where they have several nukes? Gee. Do you think Russia and/or China are behind this? Duh.

A defector from the Russian KGB said if Russia attacked the US with a nuke it would be done in a manner where it looked like a terrorist organization did it. Also, if North Korea pops a nuke and I think they will soon, we will have to respond to that and the Chinese and Russians benefit from it. It will spread the US military so thin it won't be able to do shit and buy the Russians and the Chinese more time to build up their military might to the point where they then can call the shots.

I think they are indeed behind what's going on in North Korea and it's to draw the US into direct conflict in order to weaken the US military forces.

Nitro Express
06-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Basically the world wide economy is failing and the powers that be know this. China knows the days of them buying our bonds and us buying their crap are over. The Chinese know we can't pay them back and the only card the US has left to play is the fact that it currently has the largest moble military in the world. So what China needs is a major event to draw the US into another front and wear it's military down to the point where it's spent. Korea will do this. World War Three could begin soon folks.

Nitro Express
06-20-2009, 05:01 AM
They're a 3rd world joke, the only worry would be them selling an old nuke bomb to a terrorist.

They are starving but if they pop a nuke on South Korea or Japan, the US will have to respond to that. Sure it will be the end of North Korea but with us already bogged down in the middle east and then having to respond with massive force in Korea and then police that situation, the US armed forces will be so bogged down they won't be a viable force in the world anymore.

Nitro Express
06-20-2009, 05:09 AM
My main question on this draft thing is who are they going to draft. The 300 to 400 pound fat slob Americans? Holy shit. I guess we could sit on those little Koreans.:biggrin:

twonabomber
06-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Secondly, our nuclear arsenal is aging and Obama has done nothing about it.

so things were being done about the nuke arsenal until January, and gone to shit since then?

GAR
06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
it was a great time. IED's sucked but we handled them. Basically the job was to deal with anything that could go boom or bang. We also did secret service work and other things.

Why didn't you go get a fucking lawyer?

(j/k.. okay please don't go on about it j-k)

GAR
06-21-2009, 08:10 PM
As of now, Pakistan can assemble nuclear weapons faster than we can in the US.

The have a A-bomb that weighs as much as a fully-laden shipping container, and about as flightworthy.

I don't have a problem with it, it's their way of telling India "fuck you."

Good luck, seeing that thing off the ground!

GAR
06-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Blowing off 50 tons of TNT underground isn't in reality an atomic test, but the State Dept. seems to think it's humorous to not disseminate the claim that they have nukes.

CSM
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
deleted post

Blaze
06-22-2009, 12:50 AM

I always thought that is one of the coolest pictures...
I look at that and wonder what that kind of darkness would be like. I have heard you can see really incredible night skies in that kind of darkness.

I know, I claim to have gone camping and maybe I should have already seen a night sky like I have seen pictures of, but my camping at the at the most was a semi remote location at a national park in an RV.

How can they manage no lights at night?

hideyoursheep
06-22-2009, 02:09 AM

It's easier to sneak into the ROK with the lights out.

hideyoursheep
06-22-2009, 02:14 AM
We wouldn't have to burden ourselves with a North Korea occupation. There are plenty of folks to the south who would handle it better than we ever could.

letsrock
06-22-2009, 10:35 AM

Interesting North Korea has one lightbulb on at night.

letsrock
06-22-2009, 10:39 AM
We wouldn't have to burden ourselves with a North Korea occupation. There are plenty of folks to the south who would handle it better than we ever could.

I totally agree South Korea can handle this occupation.

Kristy
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM

Much is the same way they live without food, running water, proper shelter, heat in winter, health care and general prosperity. If it ever came down to a war of attrition with the North they'd win on survival skills alone - not that they've been trained in that area but simply because it's been their way of life for over 50 years.

davehagarfan
06-22-2009, 02:11 PM

Nick just "let the markets figure it out"

Nitro Express
06-22-2009, 03:07 PM

Yup. I was no fan of Bush but the despots around the world feared him. They saw what we did to Saddam Hussain and didn't want any of that. Of course weapons of mass destruction was a big fat lie and I didn't agree with going in.

I think Obama coming across as a celebrity more than a president makes these guys want to push him. All Obama does is spend money grub for more govt. control of the private sector and go to Five Guys or Hell Burger. I mean I would view him pretty much as a joke if I was one of the world's bad guys.

Guitar Shark
06-22-2009, 04:02 PM

Which countries are you talking about?

If you are referring to North Korea, have you forgotten that NK defied the international community and conducted nuclear testing during the Bush administration?

Douglas T.
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
All Obama does is spend money grub for more govt. control of the private sector and go to Five Guys or Hell Burger. .

FIVE GUYS KICKS ASS! Haven't heard of this HELL BURGER! Sounds yummy!

Kristy
06-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Yup. I was no fan of Bush but the despots around the world feared him...

Seriously, cut back on the watching of Fox news.

WACF
06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Seriously, cut back on the watching of Fox news.

No...he has a point.

Even the Allies feared what that nut job would do next.

Nickdfresh
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
No...he has a point.

Even the Allies feared what that nut job would do next.

How's getting most of the US ground forces bogged down in two wars at all fear-inspiring?

Right now, the US would be hard pressed to much if the North attacked. But then, I'm not sure the South really needs all that much help anyways...

Nickdfresh
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM

It started under the Carter Administration, then intensified under the Reagan Administration as-well-as the of Republican ones that followed as they actually believed the holy demi-god of "The Market" would actually regulate itself...

Nickdfresh
06-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Incidentally, I think I've heard that the rumors of this being a "doomsday ship" are greatly exaggerated and it actually contains a cargo of small arms. Anyone else hear this?

hideyoursheep
06-23-2009, 05:03 AM
it was a great time.

AIDS?

EOD fag!

:biggrin:

hideyoursheep
06-23-2009, 05:17 AM
That sounds sexy.

How about now?

Kristy, meet Lesscock.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/website-related-discussion-webmaster-feedback/52053-ddlr-troll-penile-envy-violates-laws-intelligence-1.html

WACF
06-23-2009, 10:31 AM
How's getting most of the US ground forces bogged down in two wars at all fear-inspiring?

Right now, the US would be hard pressed to much if the North attacked. But then, I'm not sure the South really needs all that much help anyways...

It is kinda like going to the bar with a buddy...while you are wheeling up chicks he goes and gets in a fight...

letsrock
06-23-2009, 10:32 AM
looks like the world is going to ignore this ship.

letsrock
06-23-2009, 10:34 AM
HYS,

Love that your my biggest fan. It samazing that you even remembered where i use to live.

I'll put you on the christmas card list.

John

hideyoursheep
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Don't make me turn you out in front of God and everybody, dickhead.

letsrock
06-23-2009, 11:38 AM
your attacking for no reason.
it does not bother me at all.
Post what you want.
You should really stop thinking about me all day.

Nitro Express
06-23-2009, 11:57 AM
It started under the Carter Administration, then intensified under the Reagan Administration as-well-as the of Republican ones that followed as they actually believed the holy demi-god of "The Market" would actually regulate itself...

You can actually boil it back to Lindon Johnson. Kennedy was the last president to stand up to the Federal Reserve and the banking oligarchy that controls it. Under Johnson we got massive expansion of the govt. and a continuation of the Vietnam war. Every president since Kennedy has been a right out puppet or manipulated by the banking elite, big oil, big pharmacutical, and military contractors. It doesn't matter if they are Democratic or Republican. They all are pretty much opportunists who take the big money to get elected.

letsrock
06-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Muppets?

Nitro Express
06-23-2009, 12:00 PM
You have the presidents like Carter, Ford, Reagan who were really not that intelligent and could be tricked and manipulated. Then you had intelligent insiders like Bush Sr. and Bill Clinton who knew what was going on all along.

GAR
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
your attacking for no reason.

That's all this guy does!

Nickdfresh
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
looks like the world is going to ignore this ship.

Maybe. Maybe not. But is it worth picking a fight over AK-47s, RPGs, and commemorative Kim Ill Sung May Day bottle rockets headed for Burma?

letsrock
06-24-2009, 09:07 AM
I dont think it is. I was thinking the ship was gonna be a pawn in all of this. But for 192 nations to sit by is amazing. Apparently some one is afraid of North Korea.

Kristy
06-24-2009, 12:20 PM
What you have is 192 nations all with their idle thumb up their ass waiting for Obama to tighten the screws on Kim-Jong's megalomania. But unless North Korea pulls a fatal (for them) offensive action there little Obama can do no matter what Rethuglican rhetoric they throw at him referring Obama as being a "pussy" on the situation. Kind of pisses me off that the Rethugs can't come up with a better card to play. Then again, it doesn't surprise me, either.

letsrock
06-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I just love the fact that the ship tailing it is the "USS John mcCain"

FORD
06-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I just love the fact that the ship tailing it is the "USS John mcCain"

I'm assuming they named it after his father, the admiral?

They aren't supposed to name ships after people until they're dead. Which makes the "USS George HW Bush" that much more sickening. (Or anything else named after that fucking bastard, for that matter)

Nickdfresh
06-24-2009, 10:42 PM
What you have is 192 nations all with their idle thumb up their ass waiting for Obama to tighten the screws on Kim-Jong's megalomania. But unless North Korea pulls a fatal (for them) offensive action there little Obama can do no matter what Rethuglican rhetoric they throw at him referring Obama as being a "pussy" on the situation. Kind of pisses me off that the Rethugs can't come up with a better card to play. Then again, it doesn't surprise me, either.

I don't think it is as simple as that. In fact, Kim Jong Il might be aptly named as he really is ill and it might be his advisers in the military calling most of the shots and trying to consolidate his anointed successor to the commie-throne...

GAR
06-25-2009, 05:30 AM
He just named his 26-year old kid Head of Intelligence.

Last month, he named the boy Supreme Warrior of All Tribes North of the Parallel.