PDA

View Full Version : Called my congressman, and he said quote:

GAR
06-26-2009, 04:38 PM
"I don't intend to vote for this bill hr 2998" - David Drier.

FUCK Cap and TRADE - get rid of the illegal aliens, David!

"I hear what you're sayin' Gar, I'm with you on that but there's not alot I can do. I just represent, best thing to do is organise as best you can more voices like yourself and the thing to do with that is get publicity, news tv local paper what have you on that so I can say 'hey look, they don't want this where I'm from.. you understand me?"

Thank YOU - finally a straight answer from the least expected rep, a straight up Blue Democrat!

Everybody, call your Congressman TODAY today today.. tell them you don't want this Al Gorehole Legislation.

Anyone who exhales carbon dioxide, needs to contend against this bullshit.

Can't find your rep?

Look 'em up. They wanna hear from you to empower them to say no especially if you are Democrat and you are saying "no way" to Jose and Hose B.

We've been getting HOSED totally hosed on this and if your'e the least bit upset about it, call cal call them on it!

Find your REP you big Patriot you..
Representative Offices - United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session (http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml)

BE a man, or lady, and call your FUCKING TOOL in DC and your State..
Complete E-Mail Addresses for Congress/House, Senate, Governors & State Legislators (http://www.conservativeusa.org/mega-cong.htm)

Give them shit. NOW! Today!

Nitro Express
06-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Cap and trade is just another tax and a way for the govt. to control us more. Oil prices will go up regardless and new energy technologies will happen regardless. Cap and trade just means we pay more regardless. Nobody knows what our future climate is going to be. We could cool we could go hotter. Watch a big volcano blow and put us into a mini ice age and everyone is paying out the ass to keep warm so the earth won't overheat. Shit. The sun could go on a tirade and kill off a good chunk of us.

Nitro Express
06-27-2009, 12:23 AM
What amazes me is how many people care that Michael Jackson died but they have no idea legislation has passed the US House of Representatives that will tax the living shit out of them, ruin their quality of life, and give multiple govt. agencies unlimited power to regulate and go after you. Amazing. Our grandparents would have never passed such shit.

Nitro Express
06-27-2009, 01:44 AM
This is a statement from my state representative.

WASHINGTON – U.S. Representative Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyo., issued this statement following her vote against the Democrat’s national energy tax proposal, H.R. 2454:

“All over the United States, families are struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table,” Lummis said. “Nearly 1 in 10 Americans find themselves without a job and nowhere to turn. Instead of finding solutions to create more jobs and ease the economic burden on the American people, congressional Democrats have turned a blind eye to the plight of these people by enacting the largest tax hike in history.

“The national energy tax will lead to higher costs to create energy by American industries and will be passed directly onto the American consumers who use it, disproportionately impacting lower-income families and all working Americans. It will have a devastating impact on the price at the pump and utility bills, and will dramatically hinder the use of Wyoming coal. It will wreak havoc on family budgets, small businesses and family farms.

“Make no mistake, this bill is a job killer. Various studies suggest anywhere from 1.8 million to 7 million American jobs could be lost when energy-intensive facilities and the energy industry they depend on must change the way they do business – or relocate overseas – to meet sweeping new government mandates. Wyoming’s energy-based economy will likely be one of the first to suffer from these job losses.

“This bill is being characterized as part of a solution to solve global warming. Yet, even the President’s own Council of Economic Advisers’ Report says that global carbon dioxide emissions will be virtually unaffected by U.S. carbon reductions unless countries like China and India participate – and they’ve given no indication that they will.

“Supporters of this bill claim that ‘just saying no’ to this particular bill is tantamount to ignoring our commitment to protect the health and welfare of the American people. This accusation depends on the assumption that the bill before us today is the only option we have to address climate change. This is simply untrue. There is a better way.

“I support an alternative plan, the ‘American Energy Act,’ which will create jobs, protect our environment and lower energy prices. Our bill will increase domestic energy supplies and create new jobs by easing restrictions on building zero-emission nuclear power, producing on the Arctic Coastal Plain, the Outer Continental Shelf, and oil shale in the Mountain West. Revenues generated through domestic production will then be used to support innovation in renewable and alternative energy sources, like wind and solar technologies, energy efficiency measures, and emerging technologies like carbon capture and sequestration.

“This plan encourages innovation within the energy market to create the renewable fuel options and energy careers of tomorrow. It promotes greater conservation and efficiency by providing incentives for easing energy demand and creating a cleaner, more sustainable environment.”

Blackflag
06-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Gar: I'm concerned about an issue. I'd like to discuss your position.

politician: Go fuck yourself.

ELVIS
06-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Cynthia Lummis knows what shes talking about...

But you gotta realize, the intent is to kill this country as we know it...period!

Wake the fuck up!

:elvis:

Nitro Express
06-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Cynthia Lummis knows what shes talking about...

But you gotta realize, the intent is to kill this country as we know it...period!

Wake the fuck up!

:elvis:

My state has such a small population Cynthia Lummis is our only representative in the US House of Representatives. She's a smart woman. What we lack in quantity we make up in quality. There are some good politicians in Washington DC believe it or not.

Nitro Express
06-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Cap and Trade will kill the business I'm in. Where will it end? Govt. agencies coming into your home or business and forcing you to make changes or they take your property? This is big brother legislation. California is fucking going to pay it's state employees in IOU's and the US Congress is passing huge taxes. Nice. The feds will hire all these desperate unemployed people and use them to enforce these dumb ass laws and run the legitimate businesses out of business. People need to wake the fuck up.

sadaist
06-27-2009, 08:46 AM
"95% of the American people will not see their tax increase by one dime".....Barack Obama

He must have been referring to the price of thumb tacks.

knuckleboner
06-27-2009, 02:30 PM
you know what's great? it's that under the current system, the price of energy and fuel haven't gone up at all over the last few years.

it's great that we're not constantly sucking at the teat of the middle easterners who view us as a) idiot mealtickets, b) the enemy, or c) both.

it's great that the current system is so perfect that there's no need for a change.

Dolemite!
06-27-2009, 03:44 PM
I refuse to believe they wouldn't have made viable electric cars by now if they had wanted to. Just like I refuse to believe that the idiots behind this haven't noticed all the scientists saying global warming is a myth. This is part of the effort to de-industralize the states while turning the EU into the next superpower. Wake the hell up.

GAR
06-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Wake the fuck up!

When I was a kid in school, they taught us that Government represents the people, and that taxes are there to pay for things they needed such as police, fire, social services.

When I grew up I didn't think I was gonna get taxed for things I didn't need nor wanted, such as banks, car companies and BULLSHIT outrageously fuckin' lies such as Carbon Dioxide being labeled as a toxic substance that requires abatement - when all of Middle Earth is a smouldering fucking MASS of burning carbon dioxide beneath a delicately fractured pie crust on the surface?

How do you regulate a VOLCANOE? I mean, whattaya do tax Hawaiians tenfold for their lack of carbon credits to account for Hilauea, Hawaii and ever other farrikken isle we're responsible in the Micronesian Ring of Fire? Come ON!

This is bullfuckenshyatt..

GAR
06-27-2009, 06:29 PM
"95% of the American people will not see their tax increase by one dime".....Barack Obama

YAH and then yesterday he said the opposite when the Congressional Budget Office gauged roughly all taxpayers would have to cough up $120 to $250 apiece additional.

WHAT President Barallshit said was ".. it amounts to the price of a postage stamp a day."

Liar. Fucking liar! Him and faggot Barney Frank - liars!

Dolemite!
06-27-2009, 07:35 PM
I have hippy tendencies, I believe in respecting the earth and all, but when I saw pictures of idiots waving "climate legislation now" and "love mother earth" signs in support of this I wanted to blow exhaust fumes in their faces or perhaps drive an suv over them.

The Climate Bill & ‘Carbon Trading’: Scam of The Century

Vaughan Huska
Prison Planet.com
Saturday, June 27, 2009

Derivatives Regulation Fight Lurks in US Climate Bill (June 26, 2009)

“The fight over regulating the $592 TRILLION over-the-counter derivatives market spilled over into climate-change legislation being debated in the U.S. House of Representatives today.

A derivatives provision tucked inside the 1,201-page measure to limit greenhouse gases is intended to spur Congress to enact new laws reining in a largely unregulated swath of U.S. financial markets, according to Representative Bart Stupak of Michigan. He added to the bill a measure that would regulate over-the-counter derivatives, accepting a stipulation sought by other Democrats that those rules would be repealed if Congress adopts broader market regulations.”

Derivatives Regulation Fight Lurks in US Climate Bill (Update1) - Bloomberg.com (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a.9mZUnQbY5c)

Obama implores Senate to pass climate bill (June 27, 2009)

In this, you’ll notice the recycled terms that were used in the “need” to pass the ‘Stimulus’ bill.

“My call to every senator, as well as to every American, is this,” he said. “We cannot be afraid of the future. And we must not be prisoners of the past. Don’t believe the misinformation out there that suggests there is somehow a contradiction between investing in clean energy and economic growth.” That is a huge contradiciton! Gov’ts don’t create jobs. Business creates jobs.

Obama said the bill would create jobs (just like ’stimulus’ did?), make renewable energy profitable and decrease America’s dependence on foreign oil (borrowing from Bush speeches now?).

“It will spur the development of low-carbon sources of energy — everything from wind, solar and geothermal power to safer nuclear energy and cleaner coal (no such thing),” he said.

Wind, solar and geothermal are already available! They don’t need to be developed! They need to be utilized! Iceland has been using geothermal for years and it powers and warms the entire city of Reykjavik.

“In California alone, Obama said, 3,000 people will be employed to build a new solar plant that will create 1,000 permanent jobs.”

Whoppee-do. That means 2,000 people will be out of work - again, after it’s built. California is already at a record 11.5% unemplyment rate. Owe-bama thinks that passing and collecting cap and trade taxes from you to pay for a 1,000 jobs will make a dent in that percentage? I wonder how people in other states feel about their unemployment while O goes on about California’s and wants them to pay for it?

Obama implores Senate to pass climate bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090627/ap_on_go_co/us_climate_bill)

From Rivero:

One of the last major pieces of legislation passed by a congress which never actually read the document was the ‘Stimulus’ Bill or the US Patriot Act.

And we know just how much of a body blow to the Constitution and Bill of Rights that was.

This is a complete fraud, and will do nothing to actually help the environment.

It will, with what will be essentially a surcharge on energy you use, make certain individuals more filthy rich than they already are.

As reported in

Obama, Maurice Strong, Al Gore key players cashing in on Chicago Climate Exchange « A War of Illusions (http://tinyurl.com/mouj9e)

“The “privately-owned” Chicago Climate Exchange is heavily influenced by Obama cohorts Al Gore and Maurice Strong.

For years now Strong and Gore have been cashing in on that lucrative cottage industry known as man-made global warming.

Strong is on the board of directors of the Chicago Climate Exchange, Wikipedia-described as “the world’s first and North America’s only legally binding greenhouse gas emission registry reduction system for emission sources and offset projects in North America and Brazil.”

Gore, self-proclaimed Patron Saint of the Environment, buys his carbon off-sets from himself–the Generation Investment Management LLP, “an independent, private, owner-managed partnership established in 2004 with offices in London and Washington, D.C., of which he is both chairman and founding partner. The Generation Investment Management business has considerable influence over the major carbon credit trading firms that currently exist, including the Chicago Climate Exchange.”

Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress (March 25, 2009)

In 2000 and 2001, while Barack Obama served as a board member for a Chicago-based charitable foundation, he helped to fund a pioneering carbon trading exchange that is likely to fill a critical role in the controversial cap-and-trade carbon reduction scheme that President Obama is now trying to push rapidly through Congress.

During those two years, the Joyce Foundation gave nearly $1.1 million in two separate grants that were instrumental in developing and launching the privately-owned Chicago Climate Exchange, which now calls itself “North America’s only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects worldwide.”

One of those gases is carbon dioxide, the most ubiquitous greenhouse gas and the focus of the most far-reaching — and contentious — efforts to combat “climate change.” On Monday, Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency declared carbon dioxide a public health threat.

Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com (http://tinyurl.com/db8wf7)

Beware of Cap and Trade Climate Bills (December 6, 2007)

“These measures would set a limit, or cap, on carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel use. The effect of such a cap would be to impose rationing of coal, oil, and natural gas on the American economy. Each covered utility, oil company, and manufacturing facility would be given allowances based on past emissions or some other formula. Those companies that emit less carbon dioxide than permitted by their allowances could sell the excess to those that do not; this is the trade part of cap and trade. Over time, the cap would be ratcheted down, requiring greater cuts in emissions.

Cap and trade bills are nothing short of a government re-engineering of the American economy. And S. 2191, with its aggressive targets to reduce emissions from fossil fuel use, would put the nation on a path of serious economic harm not justified by any benefits.”

Nickdfresh
06-27-2009, 08:03 PM
GAR's opposition to this Bill tells my how great it really is...:)

Seshmeister
06-27-2009, 08:45 PM
When I was a kid in school, they taught us that Government represents the people, and that taxes are there to pay for things they needed such as police, fire, social services.

When I grew up I didn't think I was gonna get taxed for things I didn't need nor wanted, such as banks, car companies and BULLSHIT outrageously fuckin' lies such as Carbon Dioxide being labeled as a toxic substance that requires abatement - when all of Middle Earth is a smouldering fucking MASS of burning carbon dioxide beneath a delicately fractured pie crust on the surface?

How do you regulate a VOLCANOE? I mean, whattaya do tax Hawaiians tenfold for their lack of carbon credits to account for Hilauea, Hawaii and ever other farrikken isle we're responsible in the Micronesian Ring of Fire? Come ON!

This is bullfuckenshyatt..

That's the 3rd time you've wrongly posted that volcanoes have a big effect on carbon compared to people.

If you keep ignoring facts then whats the point in posting?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/54701-retarded-manchild-allowed-speak-house-committee-2.html#post1342913

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/front-line/54908-you-gotta-turn-c-span-2.html#post1345784

Nitro Express
06-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Has Obama ever told the truth? Rehtoric is all you are going to get from him.

Nitro Express
06-27-2009, 08:56 PM
The legislation has nothing to do with real earth climate solutions. It's about more power and taxes. The climate fear mongering is the excuse. Energy is going to get expensive without the taxes; especially, if the Iran and Korea situations get worse.

thome
06-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Save the electric cars!!!!

Nickdfresh
06-28-2009, 08:00 AM
It's funny how the two biggest dipshits in this thread, GAR and Thome, both have a sub third-grade grasp of science and policy and yet ramble on with their debunked myths...

This bill will create jobs in green industry -probably not all that many- but some...

sadaist
06-28-2009, 02:24 PM
It's funny how the two biggest dipshits in this thread, GAR and Thome...

WHEW!!! I dodged a bullet there. I'd like to thank Nick for not making it "the three biggest dipshits in this thread".

:hee:

Carry on.

LoungeMachine
06-28-2009, 02:28 PM
How do you regulate a VOLCANOE?

A wha?

Does it come a paddle?

:lmao:

Nickdfresh
06-28-2009, 02:39 PM
WHEW!!! I dodged a bullet there. I'd like to thank Nick for not making it "the three biggest dipshits in this thread".

:hee:

Carry on.

I wouldn't ever put you down like that. It's one thing for me to call you an ass. It's altogether different to put you in the class of troll-mouthbreathers...

The above two are just willfully and belligerently stupid with no real point...

GAR
06-30-2009, 06:16 PM
That's the 3rd time you've wrongly posted that volcanoes have a big effect on carbon compared to people.

This is the first time you've contended that the Volano Carbon Footprint is lesser than the People Carbon Footprint.

However, you provide a link to other threads I've cross-argued that carbon emissions from the earth must be enumerated in scope to actually balance the arguement of whether Climate Change is natural, man-made, or even existant.

I don't see a point you're making and I still would like to see scientific data weighing nature vs man in comparing which generates more CO2.

If you really wanted to offset carbon emissions, plant algae farms in the oceans and deep reforestation projects in deserts along with mass-scale desalination plants on the coastlines to water them.

Tha'ts fuckin' CLIMATE change in reverse if they wanted it, but government is on the take for more tax money.

It's about the pharma- and insurance-industry backed Dems vs the petroleum backed Repubs and how this attack seeks to either severely diminish or destroy the party inwardly thru reduction of contributory funding.

FORD
07-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Thank YOU - finally a straight answer from the least expected rep, a straight up Blue Democrat!

Wrong on all counts.

Drier isn't a Democrat, Blue, or straight.

GAR
07-01-2009, 07:37 PM
GAR's opposition to this Bill tells my how great it really is...:)

Your position of support tells me you're either really poor, or a welfare constituent.

Or just plain boneheaded fucking stupid to hold your point of ignorance.

GAR
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Has Obama ever told the truth? Rehtoric is all you are going to get from him.

What this past Presidential race taught me was, if you speak in the most vaguest of terms, cloud the fundamentals with numbers you pull from your ass or from others you do so, you stand the best chance of attracting the greatest number of voters who really don't give a shit and think it's either a bar bet they're voting in if you're a man, or a popularity contest if youre a woman.

Where the average person's intellectual standpoint of independant reasoning went, I dunno... but it was sometime around the Summer of Love 1967 because this whole presidency, and all it's ideals are San Francisco Hippy ideals.

Hippy Ideology is neither Democrat nor Republican and that's what this bill smells to high heaven of - hippie communism.

FORD
07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
You don't know shit about "Hippy ideology".

But here's some guys who do......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EoQ3GkH4Zc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5EoQ3GkH4Zc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
07-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Your position of support tells me you're either really poor, or a welfare constituent.

Which is exactly what your posting from the library tells me about you...:)

Or just plain boneheaded fucking stupid to hold your point of ignorance.

Thanks retard with out the slightest grasp of science or of any actual issue pertaining to the aforementioned.

Isn't time for to read the Wikipedia update on "the guitar?"..