PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got "Pyromania" deluxe edition yet?

Mr Badguy
07-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Picked it up the other day.

Includes a second disc of their LA Forum show from `83.

Their last gasp of hard rock greatness before they "popped" out for "Hysteria" and beyond.

Check it out!

Panamark
07-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Guess I will...

Pyromania was the last gasp for sure....
Every release since was Hagarish, they went from
half decent brit rock/pop to faggy pre-fabricated chick
soft cock rock..

(And I mean no disrepect to any female viewers !! True !!)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Includes a second disc of their LA Forum show from `83.

How's the quality of that show ??

Mr Walker
07-01-2009, 10:13 AM
How's the quality of that show ??

This has been circulating as a bootleg for years and the boot is excellent in quality and performance.

Mr Badguy
07-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Yes, the show is very good quality.

Just about all of the best songs from the first three albums are there, except "Overture".

rocknrolldork
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Yes, the show is very good quality.

Just about all of the best songs from the first three albums are there, except "Overture".

I have that 83 show as a boot. There was a ton of Steve and Phil wanking on it. I hope they cut some of that stuff out because those guys really aren't that great as guitarists.

Def Leppard is one of those bands where you hear them get worse on each album. The exception may be OTTN and HnD. Those 2 albums are both equally great. Anything after Pyromania is major suckage.

Diamondjimi
07-01-2009, 12:27 PM
What has 9 arms and sucks?

lesfunk
07-01-2009, 12:29 PM
What has 9 arms and uses a Drum Machine?

FORD
07-01-2009, 02:10 PM
What has 9 arms and uses a Drum Machine?

They used a fucking drum machine on Pyromania, and he still had two arms then.

I didn't mind Pyromania at the time, and still think it was a decent enough album, but let's face it, Def Leppard's best album was High & Dry. They started going to Hell in a handbasket the day they fired Pete Willis.

Diamondjimi
07-01-2009, 02:22 PM
They used a fucking drum machine on Pyromania, and he still had two arms then.
Hmm, maybe. Mutt lange definitely had the monkey tapping along with click tracks. His production of the drums (and guitars for that matter) were compressed beyond belief making them fat and squishy:barf:. No air or life in the tracks at all...

I didn't mind Pyromania at the time, and still think it was a decent enough album, but let's face it, Def Leppard's best album was High & Dry. .
Their first 2 albums were good.But you could tell by listening to the 2nd one which direction they were heading... (Fromageville)
Pyromania was milked and played to death,imo. A couple of decent tunes at best,and those were ones that never got played on the radio...

They started going to Hell in a handbasket the day they fired Pete Willis.

Yup, I've said that all along. I've got a soundboard bootleg from their first tour. It kicks ass, and Willis just fucking rips it up. I like his style a lot ,probably because of his Schenker-ish qualities...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Just picked it up (along with Maiden's "Flight 666" soundtrack)....

Sounds great !!! None of the new crap....

sadaist
07-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I know I'm probably in the minority here...BUT I LIKE HYSTERIA! There, I admit it. Pyromania is my all time favorite Def Lep album though & Hysteria doesn't even come close, but Gods Of War is a great tune. When I saw them on the Hysteria tour they only played 3 new tunes and all but one from Pyro. Excellent for sure. After that though I just never really liked them. Adrenalize with Do You Wanna Get Rocked? Sad. I blame Vivian :)

Va Beach VH Fan
07-02-2009, 06:41 PM
My 15 year old wants me to take him to see Def Lep, Poison and Cheap Trick next door at the Ampitheater next Saturday.... We'll probably go, chill out on the lawn and watch the 40-somethings try to act like they're 21 again... (I know, I should talk... )

POJO_Risin
07-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I actually just got the ALBUMS mailed to me from my folks...High and Dry and Pyromania that is...

No shit...there's nothing like an album.

Of course...I don't have a fucking record player...

sadaist
07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
My 15 year old wants me to take him to see Def Lep, Poison and Cheap Trick next door at the Ampitheater next Saturday.... We'll probably go, chill out on the lawn and watch the 40-somethings try to act like they're 21 again... (I know, I should talk... )

On the bright side, Cheap Trick always delivers a terrific show.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-02-2009, 09:33 PM
One of the few bands from my era that I haven't gotten around to seeing, looking forward to it....

Hopefully, Bret will do a quick set, ya know, hiding his receding hair line....

FORD
07-02-2009, 10:51 PM
One of the few bands from my era that I haven't gotten around to seeing, looking forward to it....

Hopefully, Bret will do a quick set, ya know, hiding his receding hair line....

Or he'll walk into another wall and knock himself out again. :biggrin:

sonrisa salvaje
07-02-2009, 11:38 PM
What ever happened to Pete Willis? High and Dry was the shit back in the day. I remember jamming that when they were nobody before they broke with Pyromania. After that it seemed like everyone was a Leppard fan, right down to the izod/hush puppy/jean roll up wearing crowd that thought they were living on the edge by listening to that evil heavy metal. (Bunch of posers; damn i haven't used that word in a long time and it felt good).

sadaist
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
the izod/hush puppy/jean roll up wearing crowd that thought they were living on the edge by listening to that evil heavy metal. (Bunch of posers; damn i haven't used that word in a long time and it felt good).

LOL.....our evil heavy metal music is now being used in Cadillac commercials & the likes. Ozzy, AC/DC, Def Lep, Crue. Funny how 25 years ago we were labeled as satanic for listening to the same exact stuff. Luckily my parents were smarter than that (as I'm sure many of yours were).

As for the "posers"...best I can sum it up is in 10th grade they shouted "Stoners!" at us, and by 12th grade they were at our parties bogarting our dope ;)

sonrisa salvaje
07-03-2009, 10:04 PM
As for the "posers"...best I can sum it up is in 10th grade they shouted "Stoners!" at us, and by 12th grade they were at our parties bogarting our dope ;)

Ain't that the damn truth. :biggrin: