PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Lies

GAR
07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I was asked if Obama has kept any campaign promise, and I couldnt think of one so I thought I'd ask the Peanut Gallery here what's going on.

- he's lied about access to the White House
- he's lied about closing Guantanamo Bay Detention Center
- he's lied about only taxing those making 250K for healthcare insurance
- he's lied about the timeline for withdrawing troops in Iraq
- he's lied about the actual cost of the Stimulust Plan
- he's lied about he implimentation of the Stimulust Plan
- he's lied about "reforming the government lobbyist access"
- he's lied about taking money from.. well, he's taking it from everywhere
- he's lied today in his Townhall Meeting a number of times, pulling more figures out of his ASS

This guys' an ASS, I keep pointing this out.

He wants the biggest bullshit tax in the history of the world, "Carbon Cap n Trade" to go thru which is going to add $1200 to $1500 for every person in the country.

Why is this dick not run out of Washington already? I don't get it.

This is like the story premise of Lord of the Flies, only it's a planeful of Chicago thieving lying motherfuckers that crashed in DC, and they're stabbing and cutting everyone who's not on their side.

Barry Sotero-Obama: Lord of the Lies

Blackflag
07-01-2009, 10:29 PM
How Obama Blew His Credibility on the Economy: Tech Ticker, Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/272471/How-Obama-Blew-His-Credibility-on-the-Economy?tickers=dia,spy)

GAR
07-01-2009, 10:39 PM
I was watching this cable show "hannity" where he's asking the chief white house advisor about how Obama said it's not going to cost the taxpayer anything, yet by some accounts the Cap n Trade bill will cost them as much as $4000 each - and then this SPOKESHOLE says ".. which is keeping to his promise that it wouldn't raise taxes."

So it's okay to lie, just so some of you conDemnocrats out there know what's going on. Bush has been gone for now what 6 months?

I see these conDemnocrats on TV and the very second they're blocked in a corner with the truth of lies and costs and taxes, they say "well Bush.." as if the person interviewing them was a defender of Bush.. like they're all afraid of Bush.

Bush "this" Bush "that".. Yah but Bush "blahblahblah" its nuts!

Seshmeister
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
To be fair most of Obama's campaign was fought before Bush finally managed to make the economy completely implode.

Blackflag
07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
To be fair most of Obama's campaign was fought before Bush finally managed to make the economy completely implode.

Is that going to be the excuse for the next 4 years?

Somehow that's little consolation to me for giving away trillions to the banks, AIG, and car companies.

Seshmeister
07-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Despite the continuing nonsense from the right I never thought Obama was radical in any way apart from being black so I'm not surprised at the way it's going. His qualities of being a good communicator and intelligent aren't that unusual for a US president they only looked special after Bush.

It's a really similar situation to when Blair got elected in the UK in 1997. There was great hope with people projecting their long hopes and desires for the country onto him. He was on the crest of a wave and could have done pretty much anything knocking down old problematic political and governmental structures.

He didn't. He just stood there smiling and making speeches saying what people wanted to hear. All he really did was spend some more money on social services some of which was wasted but some wasn't.

That was about it and the UK was relatively rich at the time. Now we look back on it as a great opportunity missed to shake things up a bit.

So far the Obama seems to be very very similar as an outsider looking in but he doesn't really have the money...

knuckleboner
07-01-2009, 11:14 PM
I
He wants the biggest bullshit tax in the history of the world, "Carbon Cap n Trade" to go thru which is going to add $1200 to $1500 for every person in the country.

where exactly are you getting this figure from? i've heard that (by 2020) the actual cost is likely to increase the average household by between $175 and $340.

Seshmeister
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
This is what will happen for the next 4 or 8 years. It won't matter that Obama is a centrist they will keep screaming again and again that the black man is coming to take their guns away and they can't have that because it will make their penises smaller.

Blackflag
07-02-2009, 12:06 AM
This is what will happen for the next 4 or 8 years. It won't matter that Obama is a centrist they will keep screaming again and again that the black man is coming to take their guns away and they can't have that because it will make their penises smaller.

Now there's an insightful post.

About as informative as talking about Blair in response to Obama giving trillions to banks. Brilliant.

sadaist
07-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Obama lie? You mean like when he said no lobbyists would work for his administration...uh, except the ones he makes exceptions for? Or when he said 95% of us will not pay 1 dime in tax increases? Only people who make over $250,000 per year will see taxes increase.

This guy has done a lot for his first few months in office. It's a bit unsettling to think of all he will do in a 4 year term.

Big Train
07-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Even the press is starting to turn a bit on Gibbs, if not Obama himself. Playing non-network favorites with HuffPo is a no-no in the press room apparently..

FORD
07-02-2009, 01:28 AM
StimuLUST plan, GAyR??

Now we know that's not true, or South of the Border Sanford wouldn't have turned down the money.

Of course he would have spent it all on ho's from Argentina, but that's beside the point.

sadaist
07-02-2009, 02:00 AM
... is coming to take their guns away and they can't have that because it will make their penises smaller.

What do you figure here? One gun = one inch of penis? Thank God I only have 4 guns then, that'll leave me with enough for aiming my stream. Just to be safe though I'm not going to be purchasing any more firearms.

GAR
07-02-2009, 02:33 AM
Even the press is starting to turn a bit on Gibbs, if not Obama himself. Playing non-network favorites with HuffPo is a no-no in the press room apparently..

The guy interviewed was not Gibbs it was this black haired younger fella, and I was shocked at how blatantly straight-faced he lied to the camera with "keeping his promise to not raise taxes" as if this bill isn't the most intrusive piece of Big Brother ever to come down the line.

It will affect you if you:

wash your car
wash your dog
wash your dishes
wash your clothes
take a bath
heat water
drink water
flush toilet water
heat your home
cool your home
use a hair dryer
use a clothes dryer
use a light switch
use a light socket
use electricity
use natural gas
use gasoline
use diesel fuel
use propane
use firewood
use a window
use a door
breathe air
exhale air
own pets or livestock that breathe air

.. and it makes the EPA its own power, separate from Congress, with the ability to rule regulate tax and impound your shit, levy your property to inspect and insulate your house including changing everything about it even if you cant afford it.. and on and on.

GAR
07-02-2009, 02:38 AM
You want me to post all 1200 pages of the bill that got pushed into the House, or the 300 added pages that the Condemacrats got added in 8 hours before the vote schedule?

To be sure, you'll see hundreds of pages added at the last moment before the Senate vote on it. Pray for a miracle this piece of SHIT dies a horrible death!

sadaist
07-02-2009, 05:04 AM
.. and it makes the EPA its own power, separate from Congress, with the ability to rule regulate tax and impound your shit, levy your property to inspect and insulate your house including changing everything about it even if you cant afford it.. and on and on.

Is this the same EPA that suppresses information from it's very own people when it doesn't agree with their agenda?

Why did the EPA smother a scientific report that questioned global warming? (http://www.examiner.com/x-11224-Baltimore-Weather-Examiner~y2009m6d30-Why-did-the-EPA-smother-a-scientific-report-that-questioned-global-warming)

"Why did the EPA smother a scientific report that questioned global warming?"

Alan Carlin, a PhD and seasoned veteran at the EPA may become a folk hero to climate change skeptics, but he may also lose his job. At least according to an interview this morning on Fox news, he was grateful that he still had a job. A report he submitted back in March had called to question many points of the Global Warming Theory based on current data. The internal e-mails were leaked out, perhaps in response to the recent passing of the high taxing climate change bill. I recently wrote an article that highlighted four points of climate change skeptics. Many more were raised by this paper. According to Carlin and his co authors:

* Global temperatures have actually declined in the last 11 years, despite increases in CO2.
* Increased tropical storm activity has repeatedly been cited as a sign of anthropogenic global warming and yet that has not occurred.
* The IPCC in its reports has claimed that Greenland would shed its ice and that has not happened at all.
* Recent studies have concluded that the Global Climate Models used by the IPCC are faulty and “not supported by empirical evidence.”
* Studies also suggest the IPCC dismissed the effect of solar variability based on faulty data and new research shows that “up to 68% of the increase in Earth’s global temperatures” could be caused by solar variability.
* Analysis of surface stations that monitor temperatures has shown that most fail to meet the most basic meteorological guidelines for proper sighting resulted in inaccurate measurements. The “Urban Heat Island” effect is considered key to this.
* Satellite temperature measurements taken from 1978 to 2008 do not show an increased rate of warming over the 30 year period.

Are politics blocking science on this issue? Carlin suggested that old science is being used for current policies, and the ideas are out of date. New evidence has backed a growing number of outspoken scientists on the skeptics side. This is new science with limited recorded data. Computer models have been wrong in their expectations up until now, so what about the next few decades? I support less pollution and renewable energy, but not at the cost of deceiving the public.

A full detailed background on this topic was discussed today by Denver Weather Examiner Tony Hake. If you have any interest in what is happening, I suggest you read his article.

Seshmeister
07-02-2009, 06:51 AM
What do you figure here? One gun = one inch of penis? Thank God I only have 4 guns then, that'll leave me with enough for aiming my stream. Just to be safe though I'm not going to be purchasing any more firearms.

How do you think I feel, I'm unarmed. :)

Nickdfresh
07-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Is that going to be the excuse for the next 4 years?

Somehow that's little consolation to me for giving away trillions to the banks, AIG, and car companies.

Next four years?

The Economy is going to turn around this year. It already is. So, when the recovery comes a steamrollin,' will that be all a credit to Obama? With that be all his glorious feather in his cap?

I've said here since before the election - Obama is going to be compared to Reagan in the collective consciousness (whether or not it is accurate and how much blame we can lay at a president's feet for what are at least somewhat inevitable highs and lows in the economy) just because he was fortunate enough to inherent a shit economy that will inevitably turn around on his watch...

Incidently, the give away to the banks began under Bush. And the deregulation that resulted in all this began under Carter and was accelerated under the following two Republican administrations...

Nickdfresh
07-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Obama lie? You mean like when he said no lobbyists would work for his administration...uh, except the ones he makes exceptions for? Or when he said 95% of us will not pay 1 dime in tax increases? Only people who make over $250,000 per year will see taxes increase.

This guy has done a lot for his first few months in office. It's a bit unsettling to think of all he will do in a 4 year term.

What's funny is how rightist assclowns count down every supposed "Obama lie" after they gave pass to one of the most disastrous regimes in US history and their corrupt GOP congress of authoritarian conservative mouthbreathers from 1994-2006...

letsrock
07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
This Nigga is going to finish Pres Bush's job of wiping out the middle class.

binnie
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
***shakes head***

letsrock
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Ok lets look at it this way.

Who is better off now versus when chimpy was in office?

letsrock
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Not me.

Guitar Shark
07-02-2009, 03:38 PM
But you can't blame Obama for that. You're just not very bright, and it's hard for people like that to succeed.

letsrock
07-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Obama cares less about people, and more about BBQ and basketball.
Fact is he had a court put in at the White House.
Man if that isnt living up to the stereo type i dont know what is.

Nickdfresh
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Quite being a fucking retard....

Blackflag
07-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Quite being a fucking retard....

That's awesome.

GAR
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
The Economy is going to turn around this year.

Keynes was a flamin' blatant homosexual and favored goverment control over the people, that's why you love quoting him cuz you both love the same thing.

GAR
07-02-2009, 06:16 PM

When that shot of him holding up watermelon slices to his face on the lawn this summer gets gets snapped, that's gonna be my new avatar RIGHT THERE.

Nickdfresh
07-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Keynes was a flamin' blatant homosexual and favored goverment control over the people, that's why you love quoting him cuz you both love the same thing.

Why are you talking about homos now?

Nickdfresh
07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
That's awesome.

Boring, like most of your other posts...

GAR
07-02-2009, 06:46 PM
.. predicated, like ALL your posts Lounge.. I mean Nick

Nickdfresh
07-02-2009, 07:11 PM
.. predicated, like ALL your posts Lounge.. I mean Nick

You should get Jesterstar back, so you would at least have some sort of talent to feltch as his lame sidekick...

Blackflag
07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
The Economy is going to turn around this year. It already is. So, when the recovery comes a steamrollin,' will that be all a credit to Obama? With that be all his glorious feather in his cap?

Yep, things are fine... http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/business/economy/03jobs.html?em “The numbers are indicative of a continued, very severe recession,”

Douche.

Nitro Express
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Obama's popularity will fade fast. Everyone got excited because Bush was gone and this new, different, and dynamic guy gets in who made a bunch of promises to change things. I might add there was a lot of excitement because Obama was the first black president as well so it was a historic moment.

That being said, the novelty of that is coming to an end. Michael Jackson has stolen the limelight from Obama and the people who voted for him are seeing a guy who is not keeping his campaign promises as they start to suffer the job losses and bad economy. Now people are starting to see their taxes go up at the local level and they wonder how they are going to pay the additional taxes Obama and the Congress are going to hit them with.

Obama will only become more and more unpopular as time goes on. He's an arrogant smuck that feels the American people are idiots and he thinks he can do anything and get away with it. That time is coming to an end. Barrack Obama will go down as the worst US President in history. I remember people saying nobody could be worse than Bush. Obama will beat Bush as the worst president by the time his first term is up. He doesn't care about the average American. He is out to grab as much control as he can making us dependant on him for everything. He doesn't want us to have the freedom to choose. He wants to take our money and then tell us what he is going to do for us. Much like a community planner in the hood does which was his former job. He wants eveyone in the US on welfare and then he wants to control the dole. Fuck this guy.

Nitro Express
07-02-2009, 11:58 PM
There will be a new political dynamic rise from the ashes of disapointed Republicans and Democrats. The Republicans got duped by Bush and the Democrats got duped by Obama. Both presidents have done a lot of damage to our country. Bush invaded a country on a lie and got us bogged down in the middle east on two fronts. Bush also used the terrorist attacks to open to door to more govt. controls and power for the executive branch. The Patriot Act in my opinion is dangerous to our constitutional rights. Then Bush started the bankers bailout.

Barrack Obama continues from where Bush left off. He has continued to expand the war in the middle east and has given it additional financing. Obama has also expanded the bankers bailout which some sources say will cost us $15 trillion. I might add the arrogant Federal Reserve Bank will not tell us where our money has gone and Obama wants to give this institution full regulatory power. Obama is also pushing a cap and trade bill that if you read it, is nothing more than more taxes and controls. It has little to do with any kind of real environmental issues. Obama is more power to the banking elite and more taxes and controls for the govt. He is nothing more than a continuation of Bush making the big corporations, big banks, and big govt. more powerful than ever.

Why people can't see this is beyond me. Both Bush and Obama are bought off and backed by the same people. Big Corporations, Big Oil, and Big Finance.

I think by 2012 people will be fed up with this shit and will demand a third party with a candidate that is more than a corporate puppet.

Nitro Express
07-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Dick Cheney was the key man in the Bush Administration. Timothy Geitner is running the show in the Obama Administration. The Federal Reserve and Goldman Sachs is what's running Obama's show. Ask yourself who benafits? Follow the money. It leads to The Federal Reserve, The World Bank, The International Monetary Fund, and the big banks every time. Change? That's what you will have left if this keeps going.

Dr. Love
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Ok lets look at it this way.

Who is better off now versus when chimpy was in office?

I am.

Blackflag
07-03-2009, 12:46 AM
. . .

Who woke this guy up? He's finally making sense.

Anybody who still has any kind of faith in Obama should be convinced by his ideas for the Fed where his interests really lie.

Nickdfresh
07-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Yep, things are fine... http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/03/business/economy/03jobs.html?em “The numbers are indicative of a continued, very severe recession,”

Douche.

I said "are going too," sperm gurgler...

Dolemite!
07-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Why people can't see this is beyond me.

A myopic, left brain vision gets you bogged down with details. You can't see the forrest for the trees... some people need every last piece of the puzzle to see what they're looking at. But even then they're probably looking at individual pieces rather than seeing the complete image.

"Whoa... look at those neat lines curving round the pieces. And you're telling me they're connected???"

ELVIS
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Despite the continuing nonsense from the right I never thought Obama was radical in any way apart from being black so I'm not surprised at the way it's going. His qualities of being a good communicator and intelligent aren't that unusual for a US president they only looked special after Bush.

First of all, Bush didn't use a teleprompter. Sure, he mangled american english...big deal...

Obama is RADICAL! He was a community organizer, (supposedly) basically for blacks in the poor parts of Chicago...

What, on record, did he accomplish ??

NOT A FUCKING THING!

He's also a lawyer and professor of constituional law!

Bush always said where he stands and what he would do UP FRONT, and did it, whether good or bad...

I know, he lied about WMD's, but I doubt is was lying...rather, he was repeating what was supposedly information gathered by US intelligence...

Obama is lying to our faces and he knows it...

Where are all of these "shovel ready" jobs that he spoke about ??

Not a single job has been created so far!

He's fucking lying and taking part in dismantling this country!

The shit hasn't hit the fan just yet...

Wait

:elvis:

Blackflag
07-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Sure, he mangled american english...big deal...

Big deal? He sounded like he was mildly retarded.

davehagarfan
07-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I was watching this cable show "hannity" where he's asking the chief white house advisor about how Obama said it's not going to cost the taxpayer anything, yet by some accounts the Cap n Trade bill will cost them as much as $4000 each - and then this SPOKESHOLE says ".. which is keeping to his promise that it wouldn't raise taxes."

So it's okay to lie, just so some of you conDemnocrats out there know what's going on. Bush has been gone for now what 6 months?

I see these conDemnocrats on TV and the very second they're blocked in a corner with the truth of lies and costs and taxes, they say "well Bush.." as if the person interviewing them was a defender of Bush.. like they're all afraid of Bush.

Bush "this" Bush "that".. Yah but Bush "blahblahblah" its nuts!

Hannity? :biggrin: That guy is a fucking major tool

davehagarfan
07-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Now there's an insightful post.

About as informative as talking about Blair in response to Obama giving trillions to banks. Brilliant.

Actually Bush was the guy giving trillions to banks but Obama did agree with and went along with it. Warren Buffet advised Obama that it was a good thing. I'm also guessing from fear of our Stock Market crashing completely like it did during the Hoover administration. Unfortunately our country doesn't have a sympathetic and caring rich guy like JP Morgan to bail us out like we did back in 1913. Of course, that led to the evil and underhanded Federal Reserve Act or so they claim...

davehagarfan
07-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I was asked if Obama has kept any campaign promise, and I couldnt think of one so I thought I'd ask the Peanut Gallery here what's going on.

- he's lied about access to the White House
- he's lied about closing Guantanamo Bay Detention Center
- he's lied about only taxing those making 250K for healthcare insurance
- he's lied about the timeline for withdrawing troops in Iraq
- he's lied about the actual cost of the Stimulust Plan
- he's lied about he implimentation of the Stimulust Plan
- he's lied about "reforming the government lobbyist access"
- he's lied about taking money from.. well, he's taking it from everywhere
- he's lied today in his Townhall Meeting a number of times, pulling more figures out of his ASS

This guys' an ASS, I keep pointing this out.

Why is this dick not run out of Washington already? I don't get it.

This is like the story premise of Lord of the Flies, only it's a planeful of Chicago thieving lying motherfuckers that crashed in DC, and they're stabbing and cutting everyone who's not on their side.

Barry Sotero-Obama: Lord of the Lies

Obama is a saint compared to the likes of Cheney, Rove and their little minion W.

In fact, if anyone is lying Gar it's you.....our military just left Baghdad and handed over control to the Iraqi's. They may not be home tomorrow but we still have troops in Japan and S. Korea......which isn't a bad thing by the way

Blackflag
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually Bush was the guy giving trillions to banks but Obama did agree with and went along with it.

They both did, dickhead.

FORD
07-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Bush always said where he stands and what he would do UP FRONT, and did it, whether good or bad...

I know, he lied about WMD's, but I doubt is was lying...rather, he was repeating what was supposedly information gathered by US intelligence...

Bull fucking shit, and you know it.

Chimpy planned to invade Iraq even before the Supreme Court put him in office. He openly bragged about it in 1999. And his cabinet, a.k.a. PNAC, openly plotted the invasion in 1998. They just needed an excuse, which they got on 9-11-01 (regardless of what story you believe of that event itself) because they started talking about Iraq, and attempting to tie it to Saddam the very next fucking day.

And they KNEW damn well there were no weapons there, because the UN inspection team, led by a Republican Marine named Scott Ritter, told them so. As did the second UN inspection team led by Hans Blix.

It was a goddamn lie, not a "mistake". Not "bad" intelligence, deliberately falsified intelligence.

davehagarfan
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM
They both did, dickhead.

Thanks dickweed

davehagarfan
07-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Bull fucking shit, and you know it.

Chimpy planned to invade Iraq even before the Supreme Court put him in office. He openly bragged about it in 1999. And his cabinet, a.k.a. PNAC, openly plotted the invasion in 1998. They just needed an excuse, which they got on 9-11-01 (regardless of what story you believe of that event itself) because they started talking about Iraq, and attempting to tie it to Saddam the very next fucking day.

And they KNEW damn well there were no weapons there, because the UN inspection team, led by a Republican Marine named Scott Ritter, told them so. As did the second UN inspection team led by Hans Blix.

It was a goddamn lie, not a "mistake". Not "bad" intelligence, deliberately falsified intelligence.

That's not totally true because Clinton *thought* the same thing back then. I vividly remember him saying so on television. Bin Laden was just starting to come into focus too around that time but Clinton claimed Saddam was a *huge* threat and that he feared he might nuke us or attack us at some point. Later, after 9/11 he claimed he said it was N. Korea who was the biggest threat but I remember him in interviews concentrating on the Middle East and Saddam specifically. This was in the late 90s.

From what I remember of Scott Ritter he *thought* there was or at the very least Saddam was *hiding* them. There was also another guy, a politician, I can't remember his name but I think he was Iranian intelligence or a Shiite that wanted Saddam out. He spun alot of yarn for W. and his boys. He sang like a canary telling them exactly what they wanted to hear.

davehagarfan
07-03-2009, 04:20 PM
First of all, Bush didn't use a teleprompter. Sure, he mangled american english...big deal...

Obama is RADICAL! He was a community organizer, (supposedly) basically for blacks in the poor parts of Chicago...

NOT A FUCKING THING!

He's also a lawyer and professor of constituional law!

Obama is lying to our faces and he knows it...

Where are all of these "shovel ready" jobs that he spoke about ??

Not a single job has been created so far!

He's fucking lying and taking part in dismantling this country!

The shit hasn't hit the fan just yet...

Wait

Obama is a radical? Ron Paul is a radical, Obama is far more of a centrist except for a few things I don't agree with him on. He certainly makes more fucking sense then alot of Bush's policies.

Bush and Cheney were the fucking worst of the worst

Plenty of times in the past our country's shit has hit the fan and we've survived and pulled through.

Obama hasn't even been in office for a year yet. You remind me of the left wingers who get all over Reagan for not turning the economy around on a dime back in the 80s. Obama has a ton of shit to clean up. It won't be done in a day or even two terms. It's impossible but he's still better then Bush and I think at this point in our countries history was the better choice then McCain/Palin, who was a guy I voted for in the 2000 Republican Primaries. But unfortunately most of you righties voted for the chimp.

Nickdfresh
07-03-2009, 07:50 PM

Bush did use a teleprompter dummy. Every president has since at least Eisenhower. So stop acting like it is unprecendented, and stop acting like you haven't been told this about 30 times now.

Bush also was rumored to have an ear piece to help him un'nunceciate...

BTW, what happened to your "Truther/Inside Job" outrage?

FORD
07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
That's not totally true because Clinton *thought* the same thing back then. I vividly remember him saying so on television.

Clinton got a letter from PNAC (http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm) in 1998 laying out their case for war. He didn't act on it, but it probably had a lot to do with Scott Ritter and the UN team going over there in the first place.

From what I remember of Scott Ritter he *thought* there was or at the very least Saddam was *hiding* them. There was also another guy, a politician, I can't remember his name but I think he was Iranian intelligence or a Shiite that wanted Saddam out. He spun alot of yarn for W. and his boys. He sang like a canary telling them exactly what they wanted to hear.

Published on Saturday, July 20, 2002 in the Boston Globe
Is Iraq a True Threat to the US?
by Scott Ritter

RECENT PRESS reports indicate that planning for war against Iraq has advanced significantly. When combined with revelations about the granting of presidential authority to the CIA for covert operations aimed at eliminating Saddam Hussein, it appears that the United States is firmly committed to a path that will lead toward war with Iraq.

Prior to this occurring, we would do well to reflect on the words of President Abraham Lincoln who, in his Gettysburg Address, defined the essence of why democracies like ours go to war: so ``... that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.''

Does Iraq truly threaten the existence of our nation? If one takes at face value the rhetoric emanating from the Bush administration, it would seem so. According to President Bush and his advisers, Iraq is known to possess weapons of mass destruction and is actively seeking to reconstitute the weapons production capabilities that had been eliminated by UN weapons inspectors from 1991 to 1998, while at the same time barring the resumption of such inspections.

I bear personal witness through seven years as a chief weapons inspector in Iraq for the United Nations to both the scope of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs and the effectiveness of the UN weapons inspectors in ultimately eliminating them.

While we were never able to provide 100 percent certainty regarding the disposition of Iraq's proscribed weaponry, we did ascertain a 90-95 percent level of verified disarmament. This figure takes into account the destruction or dismantling of every major factory associated with prohibited weapons manufacture, all significant items of production equipment, and the majority of the weapons and agent produced by Iraq.

With the exception of mustard agent, all chemical agent produced by Iraq prior to 1990 would have degraded within five years (the jury is still out regarding Iraq's VX nerve agent program - while inspectors have accounted for the laboratories, production equipment and most of the agent produced from 1990-91, major discrepancies in the Iraqi accounting preclude any final disposition at this time.)

The same holds true for biological agent, which would have been neutralized through natural processes within three years of manufacture. Effective monitoring inspections, fully implemented from 1994-1998 without any significant obstruction from Iraq, never once detected any evidence of retained proscribed activity or effort by Iraq to reconstitute that capability which had been eliminated through inspections.

In direct contrast to these findings, the Bush administration provides only speculation, failing to detail any factually based information to bolster its claims concerning Iraq's continued possession of or ongoing efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction. To date no one has held the Bush administration accountable for its unwillingness - or inability - to provide such evidence.

Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld notes that ``the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.'' This only reinforces the fact that the case for war against Iraq fails to meet the litmus test for the defense of our national existence so eloquently phrased by President Lincoln.

War should never be undertaken lightly. Our nation's founders recognized this when they penned our Constitution, giving the authority to declare war to Congress and not to the president. Yet on the issue of war with Iraq, Congress remains disturbingly mute.

Critical hearings should be convened by Congress that will ask the Bush administration tough questions about the true nature of the threat posed to the United States by Iraq. Congress should reject speculation and demand substantive answers. The logical forum for such a hearing would be the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

Unfortunately, the senators entrusted with such critical oversight responsibilities shy away from this task. This includes Massachusetts Senator John Kerry, a Vietnam War veteran who should understand the realities and consequences of war and the absolute requirement for certainty before committing to a course of conflict.

The apparent unwillingness of Congress to exercise its constitutional mandate of oversight, especially with regard to matters of war, represents a serious blow to American democracy. By allowing the Bush administration, in its rush toward conflict with Iraq, to circumvent the concepts of democratic accountability, Congress is failing those to whom they are ultimately responsible - the American people.

Scott Ritter is author of ``Endgame: Solving the Iraqi Problem Once and For All.''

© Copyright 2002 Globe Newspaper Company

Seshmeister
07-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Big deal? He sounded like he was mildly retarded.

Mildly?

GAR
07-03-2009, 10:41 PM

NOT A FUCKING THING!

I got called out as a racist for pointing this out back on ddlr - I SPECIFICALLY pointed out his utter failure to yield results with the education project in the Annenberg Challenge to improve Chicago city schools.

Chicago Annenberg Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Annenberg_Challenge)

An August 2003 final technical report of the Chicago Annenberg Research Project by the Consortium on Chicago School Research said that while "student achievement improved across Annenberg Challenge schools as it did across the Chicago Public School system as a whole, results suggest that among the schools it supported, the Challenge had little impact on school improvement and student outcomes, with no statistically significant differences between Annenberg and non-Annenberg schools in rates of achievement gain, classroom behavior, student self-efficacy, and social competence."

Did they blow 100M or did the pocket most of it to fuel this guy into office?

GAR
07-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Bush and Cheney were the fucking worst of the worst

When the Taliban blow up the Statue of Liberty or a major airport or some such shit on Obama's watch, the only thing he's gonna strike is a match to his cigarette while he steps outside to mull over what in exactly the hell responsibility he's gotten himself into.

Bush and Cheney, probably at direction from Rumsfeld, acted and delivered action after 9/11 and if we were too deeply connected to the Saudi's by trade that we couldn't strike them, Bush and Cheney did the next best thing by laying out some pussy out in the neigboring lands who'd been taunting us for 11 years.

Those Saudis are shallow people who respect only force and Bush and Cheney showed them who's got the bigger bang even without nukes by bringing the bang into their neighborhood. That did away with 20 years of taunting from Iraq and Iran as far as they were concerned and they needed to see us mobilize.

That was a great war: guided missles, helmet cams, tank viewfinders taking out motherfuckers alongside the road at a staggering 45 - 50 mph. I've never seen anything like it.

And it was the Republicans who did that, after 911. It was the WRONG country to bring the heat on but the whole region got a little taste of "do not fuck with the US" and I don't buy the Obama bag of bullshit that the Middle East hates us for the war because everyone from there here in LA that I've talked to has said only positive things about it.

If we just went in and took out Iran, or Saudi Arabia or Yemen, that would be a disaster in many ways politically. So Iraq being the next best thing, they went down very very quickly.

In the next attack, Obama might deliberate a couple years until he decides what to do. It would please me if his security detail just spared the whole country right now and took him and his cabinet out now.

FORD
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
GAyR, the first sentence of that last post proves your an idiot. And the last sentence makes you a criminal.

Nickdfresh
07-04-2009, 07:11 AM
GAyR hates America, its servicemen, and their mothers...

GAR
07-06-2009, 03:41 AM
GAyR, the first sentence of that last post proves your an idiot. And the last sentence makes you a criminal.

You never know!

sadaist
07-06-2009, 06:16 AM

Wait, wasn't there nearly 20 UN resolutions that Saddam openly & arrogantly defied? Didn't he kick inspectors out and not let them have the access that was agreed on? Didn't he have many, many chances to avoid an invasion? And after all that, wasn't he then finally offered an 11th hour chance to give up power & leave the country?

letsrock
07-06-2009, 11:54 AM
maybe time will bring change?

Satan
07-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Wait, wasn't there nearly 20 UN resolutions that Saddam openly & arrogantly defied? Didn't he kick inspectors out and not let them have the access that was agreed on? Didn't he have many, many chances to avoid an invasion? And after all that, wasn't he then finally offered an 11th hour chance to give up power & leave the country?

Since it's proven that Saddam had indeed disarmed, how many of those UN resolutions did he actually violate?

Granted, he didn't place a front page article in the Baghdad Times saying "Hey Look! We Don't Have Any Weapons Anymore!!!" but you can't really blame the guy for that. A secular dictator in a neighborhood full of religious fundamentalists, and his own artificially constructed country made up of three factions (Sunni, Shia, and Kurd) who really don't like each other.

And Israel was already threatening Iraq just as they are Iran now.

Saddam couldn't come out and brag about disarmament with that sort of pressure from both inside and outside Iraq.

If you live in a bad neighborhood, wouldn't you want the local gang bangers to believe you were fully prepared to blow their fucking heads off if they invaded your house, whether or not you actually owned any guns?

Guitar Shark
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Since it's proven that Saddam had indeed disarmed, how many of those UN resolutions did he actually violate?

Granted, he didn't place a front page article in the Baghdad Times saying "Hey Look! We Don't Have Any Weapons Anymore!!!" but you can't really blame the guy for that. A secular dictator in a neighborhood full of religious fundamentalists, and his own artificially constructed country made up of three factions (Sunni, Shia, and Kurd) who really don't like each other.

And Israel was already threatening Iraq just as they are Iran now.

Saddam couldn't come out and brag about disarmament with that sort of pressure from both inside and outside Iraq.

If you live in a bad neighborhood, wouldn't you want the local gang bangers to believe you were fully prepared to blow their fucking heads off if they invaded your house, whether or not you actually owned any guns?

So Satan defends the residents of Hell, eh? :biggrin:

Dolemite!
07-06-2009, 02:05 PM

And you are perfectly ok with the UN dictating to you what you should or should not do? Saddam cooperated and tolerated more than a head of state had to and Blix said there were no wmd and everyone with a functioning brain cell knew that at the outset. How the hell can anyone tell him to give up power apart from the Iraqi people. But then where would the world be without double standards to keep your foes in check?

Kristy
07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
In the next attack, Obama might deliberate a couple years until he decides what to do. It would please me if his security detail just spared the whole country right now and took him and his cabinet out now.

You been vandalizing the neighborhoods recently, GAR?
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9168/mg1test01.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-06-2009, 10:07 PM

How many has Israel defied? When do we give a fuck about the UN in any other case?