PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Jackson Memorial tix

GAR
07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
After shooting 130,000 entries via a java batch prog I cobbled in 45 mins, to the MJ Memorial page on staplescenter.com, I resulted in nabbing only 3 pairs of tickets.
[img]Michael Jackson Memorial wristbands / tix FREE
WTF??? I was sure I'd have at least a hundred pair. This is fucked up. I babysat this prog religiously for over 2 hours while running my laundry.

This is severly disappointing.

I sold a pair to some nice Asian lady from Portland for $800.. never doing that again!

WHAT a waste of effort! PFeh..

Mr. Vengeance
07-06-2009, 05:56 PM
what are we supposed to do? feel sorry that you couldn't get more tickets to a memorial to gouge people for? Go fuck yourself. Worthless parasite.

indeedido
07-06-2009, 06:00 PM
That is pretty pathetic to capitalize on that. :barf:

Dolemite!
07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
MJ's death is a media event first and a memorial second. Why else are there tickets being sold for this in the first place?

Diamondjimi
07-06-2009, 06:08 PM
After shooting 130,000 entries via a java batch prog I cobbled in 45 mins, to the MJ Memorial page on staplescenter.com, I resulted in nabbing only 3 pairs of tickets.
WTF??? I was sure I'd have at least a hundred pair. This is fucked up. I babysat this prog religiously for over 2 hours while running my laundry.

I sold a pair to some nice Asian lady from Portland for $800.. never doing that again!

Funny how you can post a pair of pedophile memorial tix and not a single guitar of yours...

Guess you can take your "$800." and buy yourself a dozen Charvette's...

Mr. Vengeance
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
MJ's death is a media event first and a memorial second. Why else are there tickets being sold for this in the first place?

Tickets to the memorial are free. He's whining that his little online java batch only got him 3 pairs to SELL to others.

I'm not so naive to think that there's any way this wasn't going to happen, but to whine about not getting enough pairs???

ELVIS
07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
They have internet at the laundrymat ??

ELVIS
07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Or is it a combination laundrymat and library ??

Dolemite!
07-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Tickets to the memorial are free.

Well that's nice for a change, not what I would have expected.

Dolemite!
07-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I do admit that what Gar's doing is sick but his antics and way he defends himself and feels genuine dissapointment at this not working out cracks me up. Pure entertainment.

ELVIS
07-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I was sure I'd have at least a hundred pair.

I don't believe any of this...

Anonymous
07-07-2009, 12:10 AM
I think he was actually expecting us to admire him for being so clever.

Notice how he proudly states how long he took to write the program? Only 45 minutes?

And how he brags that the program was doing this while he was out doing something else?

Also telling us for how much he sold the tickets he had no trouble getting?

Trouble is, noone cares GAR. And I'm sure that must sting more than anything else. Noone cares, noone EVER cares.

Well, maybe Shitvicky. That's why you like him don't you? He CARES! Although, maybe he's just trolling you. Wouldn't that be funny?

Cheers! :bottle:

ForeverDLR/VH
07-07-2009, 08:07 PM
[img]http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/house-music/Michael Jackson Memorial wristbands / tix FREE

You only got $800? If you went to the right idiot you could of probably gotton $5,000 for the pair.

Honesty , this must really suck for his biggest fans, but this is ridiculous you could take a shit and say it came from MJ's ass and put it out on ebay or crigeslist and probably get up to $20,000 for the turd!

Igosplut
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM
House-music in the link of a picture he wants you to believe that's of tickets he has???

Bullshit...

The coward fucks up once again..

Lets see how many groans he can get in this thread....

Hardrock69
07-08-2009, 02:51 AM
The usual load of rubbish....GARbidge, man....

GAR
07-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Or is it a combination laundrymat and library ??

NO I put in a dollar in the billfeeder, it says choose cubicle and i get another hour.

Duh!

GAR
07-08-2009, 03:47 AM
You only got $800? If you went to the right idiot you could of probably gotton $5,000 for the pair.

I had this one guy from Riverside interested at 2000 but around 9pm a lot of people were throwing them out at 500 ea. and suddenly I didn't hear from him again.

Also, these self-righteous bozos kept flagging my ad offline.. I had to relist it a couple times just to sell that one pair and gave up with the other extra set we're keeping for memento.

I figured the "unused" pair of tickets and wristbands, if I get em mounted at Aaron Bros. in a display frame might do fairly well by xmas time, since it will be the only pair unused.

ELVIS
07-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Whatever...

ELVIS
07-08-2009, 03:56 AM
BTW, thats a criminal offense...

sadaist
07-08-2009, 04:22 AM
It's one thing to get tickets to an event that you want to go to, then for some reason can't and flip the tix...but trying to score free tickets to a funeral to make money on someone elses grief?

binnie
07-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Just when you think someone couldn't get any lower..........

GAR
07-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Golly, you guys are making it sound like I put up a gun to some innocent peoples' heads and took their money!

These aren't innocent people. They are nihlistic self-centered idiots who easily overlook the fact that according to the rulebook of his religion, he's buring in hell right now on a number of levels.

Stevie Wonder was good though. I got into another argument with my chick about it, she was crying. What A Tool!

And his daughter.. she was lookin' at Lefty crying, and she started crying.. ah, this was no good thing here. That was at the end.

I wanna rewind the tivo to see if I'm in the shot.. the camera boom nearly bumped us a couple times trying to fit in Martin Luther King III's big fat ass in the shot.. I might be seen at that point but I don't know yet.

GAR
07-08-2009, 04:59 AM
House-music in the link of a picture he wants you to believe that's of tickets he has???

Bullshit...

The coward fucks up once again..

Lets see how many groans he can get in this thread....

How uncouth of you Igo, I chose attach pic, and that's the folder the army vbull loaded it to! It's none of my control.. ok..

Mr. Vengeance
07-08-2009, 06:53 AM
I wanna rewind the tivo to see if I'm in the shot.. the camera boom nearly bumped us a couple times trying to fit in Martin Luther King III's big fat ass in the shot.. I might be seen at that point but I don't know yet.

First of all, I'm sure you mean, top-loader VCR, not Tivo. Secondly, I'm sure no one got you in the shot. No one needs to see a guy trying to sell hot dogs he made on his hot plate at home at a memorial service.

"GET YER MICHAEL DOGS HERE!! RED HOT THRILLER DOGS!!! HOME MADE!!!"

ELVIS
07-08-2009, 07:16 AM
This afternoon, several apparent ticket holders posted intentions to sell the tickets on EBay, but Roth warned that the security system in place will prevent anyone from doing so. In addition to the vouchers received via a special code, ticket holders will have to show a valid driver's license, and those whose IDs do not match the registration information will be eliminated as guests.

:elvis:

Igosplut
07-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Well, that's eight groans so far for the coward. Lets see how many more he can get.....

indeedido
07-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Golly, you guys are making it sound like I put up a gun to some innocent peoples' heads and took their money!

These aren't innocent people. They are nihlistic self-centered idiots

What does that make you for trying to capitalize on a funeral? A FUNERAL. That's just wrong.

sadaist
07-08-2009, 10:16 AM
What does that make you for trying to capitalize on a funeral? A FUNERAL. That's just wrong.

If this were a Michael Jackson tribute concert type thing I wouldn't really care. I'm sure those are already in the works. I mean, how many pop musicians are going to have new albums to plug soon? When the bands are trying to screw us, I don't mind when the ticket buyer then passes the screwing on to someone else. Just the way the game is played. I've bought scalper tickets before, as I'm sure most of us have. Over payed a lot too.

But a weird thing I heard from the LAPD. Re-selling a ticket to any event is illegal, even if you are selling it at or less than face value. That just seems fucked up to me. I know it's supposed to be illegal to scalp tickets with a markup, but just trying to get a portion of your money back? Come on. A bit ridiculous.

ZahZoo
07-08-2009, 12:12 PM
But a weird thing I heard from the LAPD. Re-selling a ticket to any event is illegal, even if you are selling it at or less than face value. That just seems fucked up to me. I know it's supposed to be illegal to scalp tickets with a markup, but just trying to get a portion of your money back? Come on. A bit ridiculous.

In this case the tickets were free... so any sales is just for greed.

I don't believe dipshit Gar scored any tickets nor sold any... just another sick way to get attention.

In most societies the undesirables are usually run out of town, locked up or put down. Still boggles my mind that this place doesn't have the cajones to pull this weed from the garden...

sadaist
07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
to pull this weed from the garden...

Lmao! I've never heard that phrase outside of actually being in the back yard. Is that a common phrase or has it been around for a while? I'm gonna steal it for my own use sometime.

Anonymous
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
In this case the tickets were free... so any sales is just for greed.

I don't believe dipshit Gar scored any tickets nor sold any... just another sick way to get attention.

In most societies the undesirables are usually run out of town, locked up or put down. Still boggles my mind that this place doesn't have the cajones to pull this weed from the garden...

It's not that it lacks the cojones, it's actually the reverse.

Bannings are cowardice. They serve nothing, especially not the community fromn which the perpetrator was banned.

Here, the members themselves take matters into their own hands, that's as it should be.

Almost everybody here has shown what they think of Gar. Gar has repeatedly shown they are right to think that way about him.

Yet, he continues to hang out here, and still tries to prove that he fits in.

Or maybe he's just masochist and loves to be kicked around and humiliated.

ZahZoo
07-08-2009, 07:14 PM
It's not that it lacks the cojones, it's actually the reverse.

Bannings are cowardice. They serve nothing, especially not the community fromn which the perpetrator was banned.

Here, the members themselves take matters into their own hands, that's as it should be.

Almost everybody here has shown what they think of Gar. Gar has repeatedly shown they are right to think that way about him.

Yet, he continues to hang out here, and still tries to prove that he fits in.

Or maybe he's just masochist and loves to be kicked around and humiliated.

Look member 24698 is trying edumacate member 61... don't waste your breath Junior... Managing a board isn't cowardice... don't give me that lazy-assed crap!!

Anonymous
07-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Look member 24698 is trying edumacate member 61... don't waste your breath Junior... Managing a board isn't cowardice... don't give me that lazy-assed crap!!

Hey, watch it! I'm not member 24698. I'm member 5226. It's just that my PM box was full, and I created another account. With the same name.

And by the way, I wasn't trying to educate you, sir.

I was merely expressing my opinion that boreds should be open for everyone, especially these. Official boreds should be managed. But in forums such as these, I believe that mods should only intervene in critical, absolutely necessary cases, or we'll end up with a lot of banned people and everyone else trying to kiss mod arse, which is disgusting, in my opinion.

You know, I normally have a high opinion of you, Zahzoo. However, pulling that "I'm older/I registered first/I have more posts than you" routine really doesn't make you look good.

You, or anyone else, for that fact.

In fact, makes you look like a proper arsehole.

SparkieD
07-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Geez Gar, why don't you just sell one of your kidneys instead. And while you're at it, sell your other one, too.

ZahZoo
07-09-2009, 09:49 AM
You know, I normally have a high opinion of you, Zahzoo. However, pulling that "I'm older/I registered first/I have more posts than you" routine really doesn't make you look good.

You, or anyone else, for that fact.

In fact, makes you look like a proper arsehole.

Oh crap... you're right!! You're still a punk though... :tongue0011:

Cato
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Geez Gar, why don't you just sell one of your kidneys instead. And while you're at it, sell your other one, too.
I think he should sell his mouth first!

ForeverDLR/VH
07-10-2009, 05:37 AM
I have to admit trying to sell a free ticket to a memorial service is pretty low, but if there is someone who is actually willing to pay $500-$5,000 for it all the power to him. The old saying goes “There is a fool born everyday”, which is anyone whose willing to pay that much for a free ticket or buy any of the over priced MJ’s items out on ebay. After all before his death the same items sellers asking $500-$10,000 bucks for wore only worth $5-$20 bucks the max.

Ticket brokers/scarpers are the lowest and slimmest business, they take advance of us die hard fans of Bands and sports teams that want great seats, that we couldn’t get for face value, because someone snatched all the tickets!

If they did check IDs to make sure the person matches and their ticket does, I’m glad they did. The ones who actually paid insane prices for the free ticket got fucked/Shit out of luck, since they couldn’t get into the arena and wore out their money!
;)

davehagarfan
07-10-2009, 08:39 PM

You're a homo

bueno bob
07-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Smells like b u l l s h i t

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 04:34 AM
That's what I said...