PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island 5 is upon us!!!

Anonymous
07-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Telltale Games - Tales of Monkey Island (http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland)

I'm off to the Caribbean, bitches.

I want to be a pirate.

Cheers! :bottle:

High Life Man
07-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice!

I loved these as a young lad.

Whatever happened to the movie they were going to make based on this?

Dr. Love
07-08-2009, 12:57 AM
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Coyote
07-08-2009, 09:37 AM
And I have a "tip" for you. Get the "point"?

Dr. Love
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I've spoken with apes more polite than you.

Anonymous
07-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Haha! that's the sperrit!

You're as repulsive as a monkey in a negligee.

Nice!

I loved these as a young lad.

Whatever happened to the movie they were going to make based on this?

They're still pretty good, especially the third, and the fifth, released yesterday, is not half-bad. It's good to enjoy an adventure beside Guybrush Threepwood again.

As for the move, I think it was scratched, and as a fan, I have to say, whew! What a relief!

High Life Man
07-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Why isn't LucasArts making these anymore?

Anonymous
07-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Many reasons. Number one being the crisis of dickwadness that struck them a couple of years ago. With Sam & Max 2 and Full Throttle, also 2, almost completed, they scrapped everything and devoted themselves to only pumping out crappy Star Wars game after crappy Indiana Jones action/platform game.

This lead to the birth of several small companies of former LucasArts emplyees, including Telltale Games, who released two Seasons of Sam & Max, one series of Wallace & Gromit and yesterday, Tales of Monkey Island.

You might also wanto to check out Autumn Moon Entertainment - Games (http://www.amegames.com/games.asp) another company of formar LA employees.

Given the sucess of these, especially Telltale, who are being dickwads themsleves these days, with their keybored/cuntsole fixation over good ole point n' click, LucasArts has kinda seen the light and here we go:

LucasArts.com | The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/)

They're also partnering up with Steam, which I'm not getting into because of several issues, one of them being that Steam may actually have full access to your computer.

Dr. Love
07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
xbl remake of the original on 7/15.

Lucasarts had a change of upper management recently. Old management thought there was no money in these properties. New management does ... hence you're seeing the old games being released and remakes/sequals being put into production.

Anonymous
07-10-2009, 12:55 PM
xbl remake of the original on 7/15.

Lucasarts had a change of upper management recently. Old management thought there was no money in these properties. New management does ... hence you're seeing the old games being released and remakes/sequals being put into production.

You mean 15/7. There's only 12 months, you know? :tongue0011:

Anyway, yeah, given Telltale's success with adventure games, they're trying for the market again. I don't really think it has anything to do with management. If it did, they'd go for a new game, not re-releases. I really believe it was the fact that adventure games are doing quite well again that put them on this track.

Which means, if they sell well, we may have a new LucasArts adventure game. Although, due to the fact that nobody who worked on the old games works at LA anymore, I wouldn't expect that much of a game.

We'll see.