PDA

View Full Version : Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Bloomberg.net

By Lyubov Pronina

July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”

“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”

The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.

The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”

Medvedev has repeatedly called for creating a mix of regional reserve currencies as part of the drive to address the global financial crisis, while questioning the U.S. dollar’s future as a global reserve currency. Russia’s proposals for the G-20 meeting in London in April included the creation of a supranational currency.

To contact the reporter on this story: Lyubov Pronina in L’Aquila, Italy at lpronina@bloomberg.net

Last Updated: July 10, 2009 10:23 EDT

FORD
07-11-2009, 09:09 PM
......He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AMg2cd5iiKg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AMg2cd5iiKg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ELVIS
07-11-2009, 09:19 PM
METAL CHURCH - Live - 1986

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4YuStqEZ1fQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4YuStqEZ1fQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Many, many years ago on a distant shore
Men did gather secretly beyond a hidden door
They travelled long and travelled far
Dark into the night
Yes, this is the place they've chosen
To build the Metal site.

Congregation rises, starts to chant a hymn
Of evil, lust and hatred, the roots of every sin
The priest he stands before them, tells them why they are this way
Why they worship metal gods each and every day
By the hand of Oberon, dark into the deep
Love the evil things we do, the secrets that we keep

Metal church, unholy, who'll be the sacrifice
Metal church, the only, don't you know the time is right
Metal church will find you, can't run very far
Metal church inside you, knows just who you are

No use in speaking out against anything we do
While the men of earth they sleep, haven't any clue
Now the story starts again, all the time is lost
Metal Church begins anew....
Saving souls that are lost.

Metal church, unholy, who'll be the sacrifice
Metal church, the only, don't you know the time is right
Metal church will find you, can't run very far
Metal church inside you, knows just who you are!

Damn...they wer great live!

:elvis:

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 09:19 PM
As long you manage to keep yourself entertained a few short years down the line...

Dolemite!
07-11-2009, 09:20 PM
:lol: Elvis the ultimate sheep, who would normally post these threads himself, turns around and laughs it off when it's someone else doing it.

sadaist
07-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I'll admit I don't know much about this. Not trying to be facetious, but what are the major pros & cons of a "world currency"? Just on the surface, I don't really like the sound of it. A few things come to mind. But what are the issues and fears?

sadaist
07-12-2009, 08:19 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01441/medvedev_1441271c.jpg

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Dude, if we lose the US currency, we lose the US...

sadaist
07-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Dude, if we lose the US currency, we lose the US...

OK then. That's bad. If the government attempts to convert to it, what arguments will they use to try to sell it to the American people?

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, the way I see it is this...

We're NEVER going to be able to pay off our debts as a Country, and at some point, the government is going to announce that it's time to "wipe the books clean" and the only way to save the economy will be to take part in a One World Currency (One World GOVERNMENT)...

sadaist
07-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Now I'm intrigued by this. I'll try to see what I can find online about it. But in the meantime know of any good sites that discuss this?

Dolemite!
07-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Read through some chapters of Henry Kissinger's book Diplomacy on his plan for the one world government.

Unrelated note: I nominate Elvis for most confused person on the board.

Dolemite!
07-12-2009, 11:08 AM
There's also many Ron Paul videos speaking of how they'd use the financial crisis to make a case for it. The implication sort of being that it was engineered.

standin
07-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I'll admit I don't know much about this. Not trying to be facetious, but what are the major pros & cons of a "world currency"? Just on the surface, I don't really like the sound of it. A few things come to mind. But what are the issues and fears?

One pro or con depending on how you view life would be if policing corruption and fraud.

Big Train
07-12-2009, 12:55 PM
The more we "stimulate" our economy, the more we devalue our own currency and holdings. The more dollars it takes to pay off our debts, the stronger other currencies are in relation.

If the Russian and Chinese decide to start their own currency, with a weakened Euro and Dollar, they can call the shots in developing countries, much as we have for the last 50 years or so. They longer and deeper they kept us indebted, the stronger their currency is and the more time they have to use it to influence anti-US policy.

So what does Barry do? Orders a second stimulus to get this economy moving again. Because the first one worked wonders.

It's really going to end up being the Communist Dollar (China,Russia) vs. the Democracy Dollar (US/Euro).

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Both China and Russia have huge political and economic hurdles to being any real world powers. We can argue that China is sort of there, but also that their society will start undergoing transformations (hopefully for the better). The Russians only have oil and natural gas -huge commodities but also ones with falling value and hence falling revenue...

This thread is just silly. Who gives a flying fuck what a grandstanding Russian eunuch-pResident is saying? It has no meaning and is about as likely to come to fruition as Jesus coming back to coach the Swedish Bikini Team (that's my personal interpretation of the "Rapture" prophesies :) )...

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Well, the way I see it is this...

We're NEVER going to be able to pay off our debts as a Country, and at some point, the government is going to announce that it's time to "wipe the books clean" and the only way to save the economy will be to take part in a One World Currency (One World GOVERNMENT)...

Um, we've had debts since the beginning (hello high school social studies classes you've missed!). Jefferson, Madison, they've all played with debts and sought foreign investment. In fact, I think it is conventional wisdom that we would NEVER WANT TO pay off the debt as it gives us a certain sway over those countries that have invested in us because they essentially need us to do well in order to collect...

But I do agree that our national debt is way too large at this juncture...

Blackflag
07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Um, we've had debts since the beginning (hello high school social studies classes you've missed!).

The question isn't whether there is debt...it's whether the debt is so high that you can't pay it back.

standin
07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
This thread is just silly. Who gives a flying fuck what a grandstanding Russian eunuch-pResident is saying? It has no meaning and is about as likely to come to fruition as Jesus coming back to coach the Swedish Bikini Team (that's my personal interpretation of the "Rapture" prophesies :) )...

:lmao:

sadaist
07-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Both China and Russia have huge political and economic hurdles to being any real world powers.

I see the Unites States as having similarly huge hurdles to remain a real world power. Hopefully the guys in charge are thinking 5 steps ahead but it seems like all they care about is the "right now".

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I see the Unites States as having similarly huge hurdles to remain a real world power. Hopefully the guys in charge are thinking 5 steps ahead but it seems like all they care about is the "right now".

I don't disagree. But we are on nonetheless, the recent global economic meltdown has proven that. But there's little question that the Iraq War 'fiasco' hastened the decline...

Big Train
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
The problem with not retiring that debt immediately, is that we need to keep financing that debt. The more our dollars lose value, the more ground these guys can gain. I don't disagree that this is grandstanding, but at the same time, Latin America is seeing an alternative to our involvement in their countries. China and Russia have money to lend and in the longview, those oil and gas reserves will come into play greatly and their price will skyrocket. Not like it hasn't happened in the last 16 months even.

They are playing a long term game here and we currently are losing. Badly.

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 09:39 PM
So, say we have another "stimulus." What then, at that point keeps these "leaders" from initiating yet another when that one doesn't work ??

BTW, we are about to cross over to double digit unemployment and our manufactering base is a fraction of what it once was...

Where is this stimulus money going to come from, on top of the debt that has already accumulated ??

Nowhere, that's where...

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
So, say we have another "stimulus." What then, at that point keeps these "leaders" from initiating yet another when that one doesn't work ??

BTW, we are about to cross over to double digit unemployment and our manufactering base is a fraction of what it once was...

Where is this stimulus money going to come from, on top of the debt that has already accumulated ??

Nowhere, that's where...

There's not going to be another "stimulus" since the current one has barely been spent and has only been going for four months...

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Then why is the President already talking about it ??

Nickdfresh
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Then why is the President already talking about it ??

Talking about what? What has he said?

The only comments I've heard were to the extent that, "it's only been four months and the stimulus was designed to take shape over two years."

He is talking about using funds to make loans to small businesses (to increase employment), but using the current TARP funds...

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 10:53 PM
That's true...

But the Obama team has been mentioning it, but in Obama's defense, he said "we don't need a second stimulus package, yet."

Yet ??

twonabomber
07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
our manufacturing base is a fraction of what it once was...

that didn't just happen since mid-January.

standin
07-12-2009, 11:05 PM
That's true...

But the Obama team has been mentioning it, but in Obama's defense, he said "we don't need a second stimulus package, yet."

Yet ??
Why do you have an concern with taking taxes responsibly?

ELVIS
07-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Why shouldn't I and who said I didn't ??

hideyoursheep
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM
How does Europe like the Euro?

sadaist
07-13-2009, 04:21 AM
There's not going to be another "stimulus" since the current one has barely been spent and has only been going for four months...

But remember when they added hundreds of pages at 3 am, and no one had time to read it all through because they needed to vote on it immediately. Not a second to waste. If we wait another day it will be too late. And now they hardly have spent any of it in 4 months? Crazy.

ELVIS
07-13-2009, 04:23 AM
You're starting to catch on...awesome!

Coyote
07-13-2009, 06:43 AM
How does Europe like the Euro?

Define "like"... We're basically dealing in bastard-dollars, these days.

Everything seems to stifle the ol' cashflow quicker after "Das Euro" came about...

ELVIS
07-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Well, it seems as though you accepted it without too much protest...

Coyote
07-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Well, it seems as though you accepted it without too much protest...

"Not enough protest" is more like it.

ELVIS
07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
That's kinda what I was saying...

letsrock
07-13-2009, 09:00 AM
So who will we pay taxes to?

Local, State, Federal, World?

ELVIS
07-13-2009, 09:22 AM
World...and algore...

letsrock
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Will passports still be needed?

Jesus Christ
07-13-2009, 09:57 AM
So who will we pay taxes to?

Local, State, Federal, World?

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's. When hath that ever changed?

letsrock
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Will we get to adopt other nations National Holidays?
More 3 day weekends!!!

standin
07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Why shouldn't I and who said I didn't ??

It was implied, I think I wrote this last night, but maybe not here.

I noticed that you get bent with the wealthy

And

You get bent with the government.

The wealthy, if they invest in what they believe in the profiteer.

The government you complain about over regulations...

Do you expect a Tinker-bell to come in and magically deploy programs?

Are you against programs?

If you are are you against planning for the future?

I think what you confuse is corruption, in all those systems corruption is what makes them bad. Including when nurses(peons) go corrupt.

It's kinda like if you don't like bad drivers speak up when you are with one campaign.

If you don't like corruption speak up when you see it around you.