PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Think They Can Run Gibson Guitar Corporation?

Hardrock69
07-13-2009, 03:37 PM
If you wanna work for a fucking asshole, that is....

Go to Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com (http://www.monster.com).

In the search fields, type in the word "Gibson", then in the city/state/zip field type in 37211, which is Gnashville.

There are 16 openings, many of them in upper management.

Including this gem:

Chief Operating Officer
About the Job

CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE

Gibson Guitar Corp.​, the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of musical instruments and gear, is seeking a Chief Operating Officer.​

Individual will have responsibility for achieving aggressive profitability and growth goals of multiple strategic business units.​ Position will report to the CEO and will be based at the world headquarters in Nashville, TN.​

Must be an aggressive, independent professional with:

· Successful track record of managing growth in a consumer products manufacturing environment with full P&L responsibility

· Minimum 5 years managing multiple strategic business units

· Global experience including China is required

· Demonstrated ability to manage cash and deliver profits

· Excellent marketing abilities

· Exceptional leadership traits

· Manufacturing management experience

· MBA required

· Ability to travel up to 50%​ including internationally

Heavy background and experience across Manufacturing, Finance, and Marketing are musts.​

Experience with high ticket consumer products and experience in playing guitar or other musical instruments are big pluses.​

Qualified candidates should email resume and salary history as an MS Word attachment to:

Executive@​gibson.​com

No phone calls

One serious requirement they left out: Must be able to kiss ass, and work for a fucking asshole.

Note that the asshole in question is the CEO of Gibson, Henry Juszkiewicz.

I have talked to NUMEROUS people here in Gnashville (hell, my insurance agent worked for them for awhile, and my neighbor quit only a couple of years ago).

Everyone has the same thing to say about Henry: He is a fucking ASSHOLE of the highest order.

One thing I noticed in 2000 when I moved here.....every 6 months or so there would be ads in the paper for large numbers of employees at all levels in all departments. I soon found out their turnover rate is above and beyond what should be expected for any average company. And, as time went on, and I kept running into former employees, some who had worked directly under this dirtbag, they all had the same horror stories to tell.

Well, seems that once again there are some high and mid-level openings there.

Wish Henry would get fired, but then, he refuses to fire himself.

It is a strange world, but it is the only one we've got.
:umm:

Diamondjimi
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
One thing I noticed in 2000 when I moved here.....every 6 months or so there would be ads in the paper for large numbers of employees at all levels in all departments.

Dysfunction's core usually has to do with the top of a company's food chain.
If this Henry cunt is a cuntplete fucking asshole , he's the "face" of the company. The turnover rate is cuntpletely his fault...

Sounds like he a prime candidate deserving of being thrown under a bus!;)

Hardrock69
07-13-2009, 10:28 PM
I actually began to hear negative things about Gibson back when I lived in Kans-Ass.

When I got my Epiphone Flying V in 1999.

Here be de story-tale:

So I go to my friend's guitar shop one day. He had a pair of Epi Korina V's sitting there.
At the time me no have money to buy.

But I got an earful that day. He was selling all the Epi's and Gibsons in the store, and was not going to have anything at all to do with Gibson, Inc. ever again.

Seems every now and then, Gibson would send a huge shipment to whatever dealer was unfortunate enough to be an "authorized Gibson" dealer, even if the dealer had no intention of ordering a single guitar. And once Gibson sent that huge shipment, they would refuse to allow any of the guitars to be returned. Typically my friend would get a large shipment of axes out of the blue....with some guitars being the type or finish or whatever that guaranteed they would never be sold. And this would usually be BEFORE he had sold off the last shipment he had been force-fed.

That was how I got my Epi Korina V brand new for $300. It was the very last item he had from Gibson, and was absolutely furious with them. It was 6 months later that I walked in the store, and the Epi was all my friend had left. He just said "You want it? I will let it go for $300."

I pulled cash out of my pocket sooner than immediately.

So fast forward a few years. Seems that the fucked up sales policy was due to Henry's idiocy.

And not only that, they advanced the policy, so that if you were a guitar shop which could sell X amount of guitars per year (an insane amount, I might add), you could not buy Gibson guitars direct from Gibson. PERIOD! I got this little tidbit from a person who worked directly with Henry. NOT "for" him, as he was not a Gibson employee. He told me a few other things that absolutely blew my mind, which I will not bother to present here.

Needless to say, he IS a prime candidate for being thrown under a bus! If someone else were running Gibson, they would be moving a hell of a lot more guitars than they do now. I heard some tales from various sources basically stating that upper management was always fighting Idiot Boy's policies, but as he was CEO and majority stock-holder, it was either shut up and kiss ass, or leave.

Apparently that is still the case.

It sucks.....I love Gibson guitars.

Oh well. Seems nothing will change until he dies of cancer or something. :mad:

standin
07-13-2009, 10:37 PM
It's called channel stuffing. Not only is it unethical, it is illegal.

rocknrolldork
07-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I have a friend who works for Epiphone and one who works for Gibson. They both say the company is tough to work for, but lots of people want to work there. My friend at Epi started out at Gibson. He said working for Epi vs. Gibson is like comparing evening vs. night. About the same but a bit more laid back on the Epi side because they are selling so many more guitars compared to Gibson right now. My friend at Gibson wants to leave but doesn't have any options as good as what he has right now. Both have been there just long enough to make it tough for them to leave.

I don't know all the background, but WTF happened to Gibson guitars? It seems like somewhere they just started to not care.

Hardrock69
07-14-2009, 01:38 AM
MY friends tell me that the quality of Gibson Custom shop stuff is really suffering these days. Some of them are in a position to know, but even so I find that kinda hard to believe.

GAR
07-14-2009, 03:39 PM
If Gibson saw fit to prevent the high rate of turnover, they'd stop lying upfront about advancement at the hiring level.

If Gibson didn't have the Epiphone line, they'd be back to Number 2 again, under Fender.

Anyone decent looking for decent employment doesn't look at music products industry as a career unless they're moving up from flipping burgers.

It doesn't matter that skill levels are sacrificed, or that proprietary practices and production knowledge could go elsewhere - it's not an administrative decision to determine that type of thing, that's a marketing decision. Unfortunately most marketing dept's. at guitar factories are subservient and without influence in retaining vital employees.

My point is, the fucking guitars build themselves - you just turn on the machine, right? Paying people to stand around all day flicking the on-off switch to cycle body blanks thru really wears out the switch and wastes time and electricity.

standin
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
The channel stuffing is a big red flag of “cooking the books”; often time that is due to misappropriation of funds. By channel stuffing and cooking the books, it keeps a presentation to the board and shareholders that profits are doing well. To keep this presentation afloat the misappropriated funds must be reconciled somewhere within the company, quality of product is an option.

It is a shame such a well-known and traditional brand is going through such a challenge. I do not know hardly anything about Gibson the company other than it’s product. It seems like a big company to be privately held company but so is Chrysler a big company.

GAR
07-14-2009, 03:53 PM
MY friends tell me that the quality of Gibson Custom shop stuff is really suffering these days. Some of them are in a position to know, but even so I find that kinda hard to believe.

The last 2 years have been some exceptional quality from what I've seen, although the finishes are slipping again.

I saw a batch of 4 reverse Firebird VII's at Westwood GC in L.A. and 3 of 4 I'd send back for better buffing.

Hardrock69
07-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I had a conversation with one of my best friends today....he has lived in Gnashville all his life, played in bands since the mid-70s, done many sessions with legendary cats, etc., and he worked at Gibson for awhile to top it off....

His comment was: "I don't think I ever heard anyone say anything good about Henry".

Diamondjimi
07-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Does this Henry Juszkiewicz Cunt even play the guitar???

Hardrock69
07-17-2009, 02:12 AM
I dunno.

A couple of years back Les Paul was in town, and he had sort of a live Question & Answer session at the theater in the Country Music Hall Of Fame.

Fuknutz was there.

Too bad.

I wish he would go away.

standin
07-17-2009, 02:30 AM
How bad can this guy be?
He is in music, he has to at least be an entertaining dog...
If he's that bad, why hasn't he been pushed along?

BTW, I know Sesh not in this thread, but I just got 31+ to take the lead in the balloon game! :D
Just a side note~ :D

Hardrock69
07-17-2009, 01:33 PM
He is not only CEO, he is majority stockholder. He is not going anywhere, nor is there any way to force him out.

Asshole boy is here until he decided to get out, or dies.

letsrock
07-17-2009, 04:55 PM
So did your friends shop cut all ties with Gibson.

When you said they dont take returns (Gibson) what is/was there policy if a dealer recived damaged product?

Hope its not like there sales dept.

Nitro Express
07-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I was at a bass seminar taught by Jack Casady and he initially approached Gibson to reissue a favorite Les Paul bass he favors and ended up working with Epiphone for several reasons. One. The dies to bend the body wood had been sent to Korea. Second. He just got along with the Epiphone people better and even said they seemed to be more into innovation and quality more than Gibson in Tennessee which seemed to just coast on it's brand equity. He just laughed and shook his head and said Gibson would charge $3,000 plus for a bass not built as good as the Epiphone which retails under a $1,000. He said fine with him, if more people can afford his bass and it's up to snuff that better in his book.

Nitro Express
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Jack said the older Gibsons of the early 70's and late 60's were not great quality either. He said much like US built cars. Everything seemed to go downhill after the late 60's. He said Gibson has been a hit and miss company for years. Fender has the same history. Hit and miss.

Nitro Express
07-21-2009, 05:54 PM
One person told me a high end Epiphone is a better guitar than a US built Gibson. If you want a great playing Les Paul just get one of the higher end Epiphones.

rocknrolldork
07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
One person told me a high end Epiphone is a better guitar than a US built Gibson. If you want a great playing Les Paul just get one of the higher end Epiphones.

I've heard the same thing.

Hardrock69
07-27-2009, 10:58 AM
I have heard the same thing, except it was more along the lines of the Gibson Custom Shop quality is worse than their standard production guitars. And this was from an insider.