PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy...still...has IT?!?!?

Top Jimmy
07-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Best performance of this tune by Ozzy in a long time..

and props to Navarro for not cheesing the solo,
but instead, ripping it up in fine fashion..

I don't see a teleprompter, nor do I hear a backing track...
and his vocals sure ain't getting auto-tuned in that club,
sounds like an honest live effort...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBMyI8O6PCE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBMyI8O6PCE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Top Jimmy
07-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Here's very recent footage from Slash & Friends, with Ozzy on vocals-
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8MhXlwV2GQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E8MhXlwV2GQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Top Jimmy
07-14-2009, 03:33 AM
same show, DLR alumni on the lead solos,
doing I Don't Know..

shite quality video, but you can tell Ozzy is fucking bringing it,
like he hasn't in a long time,
and like many people had never expected him to sound like again...
although he does crack once...heh heh...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpnlC0Bkst4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpnlC0Bkst4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DavidLeeNatra
07-14-2009, 04:19 AM
holy shit...nooooooot baaaaaaaad...

ForeverDLR/VH
07-14-2009, 04:37 AM
I went to the Ozzy and Zombie tour a couple of years ago and Ozzy was starting to show his age.

ELVIS
07-14-2009, 04:39 AM
Why can't Ozzy sing in tune anymore ??

His voice is clear and powerful...maybe he's going deaf...

:elvis:

binnie
07-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Ozzy should hire Joe Holmes again....

katie
07-14-2009, 06:59 AM
Guest appearences singing a couple or three tracks.

FORD
07-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Sharon must have given him the good drugs that night, instead of the usual stupid pills.

FORD
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I almost thought it might have been a fake Ozzy until I heard the "let me see your fucking hands" part, right where I expected to hear it. :biggrin:

And if Ozzy's looking for a guitarist, maybe Navarro should do it? I don't think Janes Addiction is still together, so it's not like he's got anything better to do.

Panamark
07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Why can't Ozzy sing in tune anymore ??

His voice is clear and powerful...maybe he's going deaf...

Its not Ozzy ! The Band are out :biggrin:

VanHalener
07-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Why can't Ozzy sing in tune anymore ??...:elvis:

That beast-lady of his has not given him permission to.

Redballjets88
07-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I heard he was finally off all the pain meds etc, and that's why he is able to function better now. Back in the reality t.v. days he was on a plethora of prescription pills.

Terry
07-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Best performance of this tune by Ozzy in a long time..

and props to Navarro for not cheesing the solo,
but instead, ripping it up in fine fashion..

I don't see a teleprompter, nor do I hear a backing track...
and his vocals sure ain't getting auto-tuned in that club,
sounds like an honest live effort...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBMyI8O6PCE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NBMyI8O6PCE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sounds pretty much like most Ozzy live stuff I've heard in the last several years; guitars tuned down to D or lower on songs written and recorded in E flat (thus making it sound like shit) and Ozzy singing off-key.

Vinnie Velvet
07-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Nothing better than Oz has been for several years, though somewhat better than when I saw him with Zombie last year. That sucked.

I say he calls up Jake E. Lee again.

That would be cool.

FORD
07-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I doubt Jake would go back. I always got the impression that he really resented playing in the shadow of a dead man (Randy). It's no coincidence that Jake left Ozzy's band when they released the "Tribute" album.

Also, I remember hearing at the time that Zakk was originally hired because he somewhat resembled Randy physically (which Jake obviously didn't) so that would add to the suspicion that Ozzy was still trying to hold on to Randy's ghost at the time.

sonrisa salvaje
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM
How about Brad Gillis? I can't imagine he has anything to do right now. They could go on tour and do the entire Speak of the Devil album for no apparent reason. ;)

ForeverDLR/VH
07-15-2009, 04:46 PM
All the years of drugs has cought up with him, I heard his brain is so fried he can't remember some of the lyrics of his own songs!

indeedido
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I doubt Jake would go back. I always got the impression that he really resented playing in the shadow of a dead man (Randy). It's no coincidence that Jake left Ozzy's band when they released the "Tribute" album.

Also, I remember hearing at the time that Zakk was originally hired because he somewhat resembled Randy physically (which Jake obviously didn't) so that would add to the suspicion that Ozzy was still trying to hold on to Randy's ghost at the time.

I read a while back Jake got fired by Ozzy. One of those "hey everything's going great, open telegram, you're fired" kinda thing

Ozzy was in the midst of his drug-and-alcohol days (more so than now remember the Alamo?) and fired Jake in the middle of one of his rages. I've read, however, Ozzy and Jake remain good friends to this day, and Ozzy has quasi-recently talked to Jake about a possible reunion, although Jake has repeatedly turned him down.

sadaist
07-15-2009, 06:14 PM
And if Ozzy's looking for a guitarist, maybe Navarro should do it?

Hmmm. I could get behind that. Would be interesting, and I've always kinda liked him.

sonrisa salvaje
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Is Jake still in good health?I don't think he was for some reason (may have read it). Not good enough to tour anyway. Maybe someone can clarify.

sadaist
07-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Is Jake still in good health?I don't think he was for some reason (may have read it). Not good enough to tour anyway. Maybe someone can clarify.

He joined up with Enuff Z' Nuff. I found that out when checking out the lineup for this years Rocklahoma. But if Ozzy comes calling, shouldn't really be a tough choice for him. Even if his aspirations are to do his own weird solo stuff, going back out with Ozzy for a year or two would really thrust him back into the spotlight and give him a platform to launch his own stuff again.

ppg960
07-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Crazy Train sounds good but the others are shit.
Ozzy was good in the 80's-90's but it's gone down hill since.
After the life / drugs / booze that guy went though, it's amazing he's still here!

binnie
07-16-2009, 02:03 AM
My gut feeling is that the Ozzy camp will go with a 'no name' guitar player because they won't have to pay them as much......

ELVIS
07-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Brad Gillis would be my choice, but Bradley (along with Night Ranger) is supporting Journey on the current tour...

letsrock
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Brad Gillis would be my choice, but Bradley (along with Night Ranger) is supporting Journey on the current tour...

When is that tour over?

indeedido
07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
He joined up with Enuff Z' Nuff. I found that out when checking out the lineup for this years Rocklahoma. But if Ozzy comes calling, shouldn't really be a tough choice for him. Even if his aspirations are to do his own weird solo stuff, going back out with Ozzy for a year or two would really thrust him back into the spotlight and give him a platform to launch his own stuff again.

Totally agree! Vai made enough dough with DLR to build a house and a studio and finance his own solo album