PDA

View Full Version : Who the HELL turned the heat off?

SensibleShoes
01-10-2004, 01:19 AM
OK you can say it's my own fault - but I WAS born here. And you can say it is January and what the hell do I expect?

BUT IT"S FUCKING COLD!!!!! It's well below zero tonight - I'm wrapped in a blanket and my fingers are freezing. I think our high was 12 degrees!

To add insult to injury, our gas bills are suppoed to be going up by 28 percent this year.

SOMEBODY PLEASE TAKE ME TO THE CARRIBEAN - I'M A DESPERATE WOMAN!!!

Sarge
01-10-2004, 01:20 AM
where do you live?

SensibleShoes
01-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Buffalo - I thought I had that in the header, must go edit

Ally_Kat
01-10-2004, 02:11 AM
It aint any better downstate!

I'm just going to cuddle with my blankets and think warm thoughts...like hot guys :D

lucky wilbury
01-10-2004, 02:26 AM
it's in the negitive numbers here as well. you gotta feel for the people going to the pats game tommorow. zero or below at the start with -20 to-40 windchills. i would say it's pond hockey season but it's even too cold for that

Ally_Kat
01-10-2004, 03:34 AM
still better than...

3:00 PM YAKT on January 10, 2004
Observed at Dzalinda (Siberia), Russia
Temperature -60 °F / -51 °C

Flash Bastard
01-10-2004, 04:20 AM
Try a little concoction my dad made up. Take three parts Jack Daniels, one part vodka and six parts brandy.

You'll be way too drunk to complain about the cold anymore. ;)

Roth Army Yoda
01-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Helps ignore negative temperatures for backwater party pad in PA does JD and weed, yes!:guzzle:

Igosplut
01-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
it's in the negitive numbers here as well. you gotta feel for the people going to the pats game tommorow. zero or below at the start with -20 to-40 windchills. i would say it's pond hockey season but it's even too cold for that

If I remember correctly, your west of me. Its in the single numbers here as well, and thats almost unheard of for Cape Cod (because of the water).

I know some people going to that game, Fuck that.....

alexpgrimes
01-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Global warming my ass.

lucky wilbury
01-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Igosplut
If I remember correctly, your west of me. Its in the single numbers here as well, and thats almost unheard of for Cape Cod (because of the water).

I know some people going to that game, Fuck that.....

i'm a little to the north and west of boston. i wouldn't go to that game. no way. i wouldn't even venture out to the bruins-wings game today.

dtuna
01-10-2004, 01:17 PM
I'm in Toronto, and yesterday it was -22 C, with a wind chill of -39. Today's a HIGH of -16.

I actually like it, though. Feels great.

SensibleShoes
01-10-2004, 05:22 PM
We were supposed to drive to Rhode Island today - bagged that trip!

I must be getting old - remember when this shit never bothered us? We'd go out without gloves?

I was in college during the Blizzard of 77 - sub zero temps, snowing and high winds. There was a driving ban, so we'd just all WALK to the closest bars. Usually somebody was a bartender and had a key - we'd drink that one dry over the course of a couple of days - then move on to the next.

I would NEVER walk outside in this weather to get a beer now....

thebuldawg
01-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Well, ignoring the fact that it was cold enough to freeze the nipples of a bear with its winter fur, I'd say it was a beeeeaaaauuutiful day out today. Not a cloud in the sky.:cool:

Ally_Kat
01-11-2004, 12:31 AM
the east river has ice on it. And when that happens, you know it's f'in cold cuz the river has so many chemicals in it that the freezing point was lowered drastically. Today - mini-iceburgs