PDA

View Full Version : Download Festival thoughts and comments

sonrisa salvaje
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I have been watching the clips of the Download Festival on VH1 Classic and 3 things struck me:
1. It sucks that they would change the name of Monsters of Rock to the Download Festival.
2. Def Leppard is terrible and Joe Elliott's voice is shot.
3. Journey's lead singer sounds exactly like Steve Perry.

Just wondering if anyone else had seen this and had any comments.

ppg960
07-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Your right, Joe Elliot's voice is fucked. The last few albums Def Lep has made are junk.
David Coverdale made me laugh / sounded like shit
Vince Neil must have been drunk / stoned. He couldn't even keep up with the music and fucked the words all the time. What happened??:hee:

BITEYOASS
07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Vince Neil must have been drunk / stoned. He couldn't even keep up with the music and fucked the words all the time. What happened??:hee:

Someone gave birth to him 40+ years ago, and it has been fucked up ever since.

indeedido
07-22-2009, 10:11 AM
He never had a good voice. It was always studio tricks. He's always sucked live. He's a product of Mutt Lange.

letsrock
07-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Old age is a bitch.

sonrisa salvaje
07-22-2009, 10:59 AM
I guess i was just shocked about Joe and how bad his voice has gotten. All singers get old and have to struggle with singing the higher notes like they used to; some have to tone down at times. I had no idea Elliott had gotten that bad. And when i say bad......he doesn't even sound like the same singer.

THEDOCTOR
07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
the past two tours i saw with Vince he was better than i had heard him in years . Ive seen him many times ,very lazy ,missing words,not screaming...
On the reunion he was hitting on all counts,and saw him a few months back he was still better than the old days
Joe Elliot sounds awful,and fuck what HAPPENED to Vivian Campbell? This guy used to shred and now as far as ripping goes....Phil Collin puts him to SHAME

sonrisa salvaje
07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
the past two tours i saw with Vince he was better than i had heard him in years . Ive seen him many times ,very lazy ,missing words,not screaming...
On the reunion he was hitting on all counts,and saw him a few months back he was still better than the old days
Joe Elliot sounds awful,and fuck what HAPPENED to Vivian Campbell? This guy used to shred and now as far as ripping goes....Phil Collin puts him to SHAME

Holy shit man. I didn't even realize that was Vivian! My god, it must have been the short hair and the lack of playing that threw me.
As for Phil Collin, he stands up their with his shirt off acting like he is some sort of sex god. Granted, he is in pretty good shape for a 50 year old dude, but damn. Quit acting like a douche.

ELVIS
07-23-2009, 05:12 AM
Korn sucks...