PDA

View Full Version : A hate crime or simply a crime?

standin
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Inside story discusses the motivation behind the killing of Marwa al-sherbini.
An Egyptian Muslim woman was killed in a German courtroom by a man convicted of insulting her religion.

The brutal killing of the pregnant Marwa Al Sherbini, 32, raised a lot of questions about the rise of right wing fanatics in Europe.

Al Sherbini was stabbed 18 times by a German man of Russian descent, formally identified only as Axel W, last week as she was about to give evidence against him as he appealled against his conviction for calling her a "terrorist" for her wearing the headscarf (hijab).

While the German authorities focus on court security, we ask, what about the underlying problem - the motivation behind the attack.

Inside Story discusses with guests: Maleiha Malik, a professor of law at King's college London, and author of "Anti Muslim prejudice: past and present"; Sulaiman Wilms, a media spokes person for European Muslim council and editor of the German language newspaper and Douglas Murray, a director of the centre for social cohesion, and author of "Neoconservatism: why we need it".
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/izPQFrr8_1k&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/izPQFrr8_1k&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

standin
07-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Wish I could find my quote....but I'll try to remember it....

You may choose to wear V-flashing, thigh riding, ultra-mini skirt, bosom-popping bustier as glorification of female, others may choose to modest, protective, non-divulging attire.
And anywhere among those two.

I think that is close....

standin
07-20-2009, 11:24 PM
The more I think about this the more I my brow furrows.....

How does one manage to be able to take 18 stabs in a court room???

It takes longer than a second for a stab stroke to occur.....

Was that a arranged killing by that judge? Was the bailiff in on it? Who else stood by and watched a murder occur that took as longer than a commercial to occur. Even when lazy, I could make it to the TV to manually turn the channel when a bad commercial came on.

I think that district of Germany harbors arrogant corruption. Corruption that thinks they can arrange a lynching .

Blackflag
07-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Uh... what?

:confused13:

standin
07-21-2009, 01:23 AM
you heard me!
How can any one manage 18 stabs (over a half a minute of carnage) in setting? legal or other wise?

Dolemite!
07-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Whether you have some kind of point in there or not, your less than coherent posts are awful enough that I'm going to take the trouble of logging in for the sole purpose of groaning at it.

binnie
07-21-2009, 03:10 AM
It's just very, very sad. Small mindedness coupled with aggression..........

ZahZoo
07-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Clearly a hate crime...

sadaist
07-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Clearly a hate crime...

No such thing.

letsrock
07-21-2009, 09:20 AM
you heard me!
How can any one manage 18 stabs (over a half a minute of carnage) in setting? legal or other wise?

Totally agree, something stinks.

standin
07-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Wish I could find my quote....but I'll try to remember it....

You may choose to wear V-flashing, thigh riding, ultra-mini skirt, bosom-popping bustier as glorification of female, others may choose to modest, protective, non-divulging attire.
And anywhere among those two.

I think that is close....

Whether you have some kind of point in there or not, your less than coherent posts are awful enough that I'm going to take the trouble of logging in for the sole purpose of groaning at it.

What part of that did you not understand?

Grant it, I did not explicitly say "Woman may choose" instead of "you may choose" . But men can choose these things too, I forgot cross-dressers. Furthermore, men could choose to dress in men descriptive clothes in the same fashion describe for woman in the above quote.

Guitar Shark
07-21-2009, 03:34 PM
What part of that did you not understand?

Grant it, I did not explicitly say "Woman may choose" instead of "you may choose" . But men can choose these things too, I forgot cross-dressers. Furthermore, men could choose to dress in men descriptive clothes in the same fashion describe for woman in the above quote.

Kindly refrain from being strange. Thank you.

FORD
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Does seem a little odd that someone could get away with repeated stabbing in a courtroom. First of all, would nobody think to search a convicted felon for weapons before he entered a court room? And at the first display of said weapon, let alone the first stab, shouldn't someone have taken the bastard down?

standin
07-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, in defense of the German court system, their security is weak. The reason why the weapon got in, they have not had to address court room violence like we have in America.

But 18 times is a huge number of stab strokes.

I know I could not have sat by and not attempt to help the woman.

I for one want to know account for account the exact time line of that event.

Dr. Sherbini is gone, but others will have to use that district's court systems. And if corruption is so bad there that a lynching took place, it needs to be brought to the sunlight.

standin
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM

What's strange about that?
It's the cross-dressers. Isn't it? You think cross-dressing is strange. I must admit, it is a bit different. :biggrin:

ZahZoo
07-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Oh you're a fine one to be talkin bout being strange... :umm:

standin
07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
This is off topic, but why do certain sorts of people think that if they say, "I don't mind if what I say can be proved a lie", then proceed to act like what they say is carries weight.