PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Bottled Water

ZahZoo
07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
The Truth About Bottled WaterBy David Zinczenko, with Matt Goulding - Posted on Tue, Jul 21, 2009, 1:35 pm PDT
by David Zinczenko, with Matt Goulding a Yahoo! Health Expert for Nutrition

The Truth About Bottled Water

Imagine you’ve just been given a choice: You have to drink from one of two containers. One container is a cup from your own kitchen, and it contains a product that has passed strict state, federal and local guidelines for cleanliness and quality. Oh, and it’s free. The second container comes from a manufacturing plant somewhere, and its contents—while seemingly identical to your first choice—have not been subjected to the same strict national and local standards. It costs approximately four times more than gasoline. These products both look and taste nearly identical.

Which do you choose?

If you chose beverage A, congratulations: You just saved yourself a whole lot of money, and, perhaps, even contaminants, too. But if you picked beverage B, then you’ll be spending hundreds of unnecessary dollars on bottled water this year. Sure, bottled water is convenient, trendy, and may well be just as pure as what comes out of your tap. But it’s hardly a smart investment for your pocketbook, your body or our planet. Eat This, Not That! decided to take a closer look at what’s behind the pristine images and elegant-sounding names printed on those bottles.

You may actually be drinking tap water.
Case in point: Dasani, a Coca-Cola product. Despite its exotic-sounding name, Dasani is simply purified tap water that’s had minerals added back in. For example, if your Dasani water was bottled at the Coca-Cola Bottling Company in Philadelphia, you’re drinking Philly tap water. But it’s not the only brand of water that relies on city pipes to provide its product. About 25 percent of all bottled water is taken from municipal water sources, including Pepsi’s Aquafina.

Bottled water isn’t always pure.
Scan the labels of the leading brands and you see variations on the words “pure” and “natural” and “pristine” over and over again. And when a Cornell University marketing class studied consumer perceptions of bottled water, they found that people thought it was cleaner, with less bacteria. But that may not actually be true. For example, in a 4-year review that included the testing of 1,000 bottles of water, the Natural Resources Defense Council—one the country’s most ardent environmental crusaders—found that “about 22 percent of the brands we tested contained, in at least one sample, chemical contaminants at levels above strict state health limits.”

It’s not clear where the plastic container ends and the drink begins.
Turns out, when certain plastics are heated at a high temperature, chemicals from the plastics may leach into container’s contents. So there’s been a flurry of speculation recently as to whether the amounts of these chemicals are actually harmful, and whether this is even a concern when it comes to water bottles—which aren’t likely to be placed in boiling water or even a microwave. While the jury is still out on realistic health ramifications, it seems that, yes, small amounts of chemicals from PET water bottles such as antimony—a semi-metal that’s thought to be toxic in large doses—can accumulate the longer bottled water is stored in a hot environment. Which, of course, is probably a good reason to avoid storing bottled water in your garage for six months—or better yet, to just reach for tap instead.

Our country’s high demand for oil isn’t just due to long commutes.
Most water bottles are composed of a plastic called polyethylene terepthalate (PET). Now, to make PET, you need crude oil. Specifically, 17 million barrels of oil are used in the production of PET water bottles ever year, estimate University of Louisville scientists. No wonder the per ounce cost of bottled water rivals that of gasoline. What’s more, 86 percent of 30 billion PET water bottles sold annually are tossed in the trash, instead of being recycled, according to data from the Container Recycling Institute. That’s a lot of waste—waste that will outlive you, your children, and your children’s children. You see, PET bottles take 400 to 1000 years to degrade. Which begs the question: If our current rate of consumption continues, where will we put all of this discarded plastic?

Anonymous
07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Look, the first couple of lines say it all.

They WANT YOU to drink tap water. THAT has stuff in it. Stuff that makes you stupid and easier to control.

Have you noticed (unless you drink tap water) how people get stupider & stupider)? And it's not just generally speaking, I really noticed how most of my childhood friends are dumber now (some even nearing morbid stupidity).

We've (the ones who can still think, maybe even construct a proper sentence and/or solve a couple of logic problems) been discussing this very thouroughly over pints and snacks outside on sunny afternoons, and we've come to the conclusion that it MUST be tap water.

When I've read the first two lines I've had confirmation. Read them again.

It's a cuntspiracy, I tell you. Drink bottled water. And if I suddenly disappear, well... you know why.

Cheers! :bottle:

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I've heard that if you look on the bottom of the bottle, within a triangle is a number. The lower the number, the cheaper the plastic and more harmful for your health. I've looked on the bottom of bottled water and there is a number in a triangle and they do differ from brand to brand. The cheaper water does have a lower number. I think RO or (reverse osmosis) is probably your best bet.

thome
07-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Bottled water is bottled water.

Been that way frum da gitgo!

I wish I had thought of it, the cooler in the office, the chick or dude that goes jogging around the nieghborhood for twenty minutes takes a bottle in case of emergency.

THEY MAY END UP THREE BLOCKS FROM HOME!!!

could take 12 min to get back to civilization.

I'm in the wrong bizzi.

Even if you RO your tap water you should add a 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to a gal in the fridge storage for cool drinking, type thing... add back the minerals gold zinc the stuff you need baby!

Don't tell the world it will be our secreate'

Now lets all get LAID!

Satan
07-25-2009, 11:53 PM
I try not to buy anything in a plastic bottle, for all the reasons above. Get a decent filtration system, and use the tap water. If the filters are good enough to work in Hell, I know they'll work on earth.

twonabomber
07-26-2009, 12:21 AM

They WANT YOU to drink tap water. THAT has stuff in it. Stuff that makes you stupid and easier to control.

the guy that wrote that is stupid.

if you're on "city" water, it ain't free. when i lived in the 'burbs i seem to remember being billed quarterly for water and sewer.

if you're on well water, it's free...at least after you've paid for the well and the electricity to run the pump. i don't like the taste of well water so i drink bottled.

ELVIS
07-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Well water tastes different all over the country...

Igosplut
07-26-2009, 09:05 AM

My well water is perfect. Neutral PH, and it's soft.

twonabomber
07-26-2009, 09:23 AM

i know. but everywhere i've tried it, i didn't like it.

ZahZoo
07-26-2009, 11:27 AM
the guy that wrote that is stupid.

if you're on "city" water, it ain't free. when i lived in the 'burbs i seem to remember being billed quarterly for water and sewer.

if you're on well water, it's free...at least after you've paid for the well and the electricity to run the pump. i don't like the taste of well water so i drink bottled.

You're right no water is free... but the point is a gallon of tap water at your home costs less than a penny -vs- $4-6 a gallon for bottled water.

The reason most well water has undesirable flavors is due to higher mineral content. Mostly phosphorus, calcium and lime... not bad for you... just tastes and smells like crap. A simple, inexpensive carbon filter removes most of that.

If paying 400-600 times the price for the same thing don't bother you... drink up.

I noticed the irony at places like Disney World... you see thousands of people standing around a drinking water fountain with unlimited free water with a bottled water in their hand. They'd even pour left over water that got warm into the water fountain then throw it in the trash then walk over and slap down $3 for a fresh one... Most are so dumb they don't know you can bring a used cup to any stand/resturant and they will fill it with ice water for free.

bueno bob
07-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Paying for water entirely is a scam.

I mean the shit FALLS OUT OF THE SKY for fuck's sake.

Dolemite!
07-26-2009, 03:36 PM

:

Flouride. I don't know to what extent that would work to make people dumber, because people are naturally dumb, but this much is true that it's no good for you and the Nazi's used it in their water for control purposes.

Anonymous
07-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Exactly, exactly. But is it only Fluoride?

You guys drink tap water if you want. I won't.

Anonymous
07-26-2009, 05:39 PM

Well, if you find a way to catch it, you'll have it for free. Until then, you'll have to pay those who bottle it.

Dolemite!
07-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Exactly, exactly. But is it only Fluoride?

You guys drink tap water if you want. I won't.

What do you do if you have to rinse with tap water.

BITEYOASS
07-26-2009, 09:51 PM

And the Well water around Little Wolf Lake in Jackson County Michigan tastes and smells like rotten eggs. uhhhhggghhh!! :barf:

Baby's On Fire
07-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Anyone who thinks tap water is safe and clean is an idiot.

Anyone who doesn't understand the diffierence between spring water and distilled water is uninformed.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a difference between lethal tap water and clean distilled water is an even bigger idiot.

Yeah...tap water "deemed safe by the government"....fucking idiots. The same government who allows cigarettes, alcohol, and fast food....cuz it's motherfuckin' safe....

Seshmeister
07-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Flouride. I don't know to what extent that would work to make people dumber, because people are naturally dumb, but this much is true that it's no good for you and the Nazi's used it in their water for control purposes.

Where do you read this shit or do you just make it up at random?

Satan
07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
And the Well water around Little Wolf Lake in Jackson County Michigan tastes and smells like rotten eggs. uhhhhggghhh!! :barf:

Too much sulfur in the well. Believe me, the Devil knows sulfur! I wouldn't advise using that water at all without a whole house filter on the main line. Because not only is the water undrinkable, it's probably not the best for doing laundry or even washing dishes in.

And that's another episode of "Hell's Helpful Household Hints" starring Satan T. Devil. My book will be out soon. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d050.gif

Dolemite!
07-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Where do you read this shit or do you just make it up at random?

You think I made that up about the Nazi's? It's called being informed and apparently you won't read anything if it doesn't come from the most mainstream of sources.

standin
07-26-2009, 11:11 PM
You think I made that up about the Nazi's? It's called being informed and apparently you won't read anything if it doesn't come from the most mainstream of sources.

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IJAInPRu7L8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IJAInPRu7L8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 05:54 AM
It's a mixture. I make up some shit but mainly I just believe any old shit as long as the source is unreliable

Now please go away no one is interested.

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 05:57 AM

I do rinse with tap water. I'm not THAT paranoid. I just don't drink it.

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 06:11 AM

Anyone who doesn't understand the diffierence between spring water and distilled water is uninformed.

Anyone who doesn't think there is a difference between lethal tap water and clean distilled water is an even bigger idiot.

Yeah...tap water "deemed safe by the government"....fucking idiots. The same government who allows cigarettes, alcohol, and fast food....cuz it's motherfuckin' safe....

Anyone that thinks tap water is the same throughout the world is an idiot.

Are you talking about Canadian tap water? Mongolian?

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Obviously it's not the same. It can differ from town to town, as well.

But I don't think there's anything wrong in playing it safe and drinking bottled water. A 5 liter bottle - what's it called? I don't know the english term - is not that expensive, anyway. Less than an euro.

Dolemite!
07-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Now please go away no one is interested.

Very clever of you, sasquatch.

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Obviously it's not the same. It can differ from town to town, as well.

But I don't think there's anything wrong in playing it safe and drinking bottled water. A 5 liter bottle - what's it called? I don't know the english term - is not that expensive, anyway. Less than an euro.

Totally depends on where you live. The tap water where I live comes from highland lochs which is what you get when you buy some makes of bottled water anyway. Any time I've been down in your direction or around the Mediterranean then of course I drink bottled water.

Thats a no brainer... :)

Dolemite!
07-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I know this notorious retard on the internet, he was from Aviemore. You might not be the same guy, but I wonder if there's something in the water round there...

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Well go back and play retard with him then.

thome
07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
I was involved with some people who knew things back in the day, and these people knew stuff about junk and things.......

Anywho, it has been well known for many moons that -They, The Them- recycle and clean and filter the sewage water (poopee peepee water, for your sensative types) ( so it doesn't pollute the environment) and that, is fed back to you and me thru the tap.Thank the peace queers from the ...the other -Thems-

-The Them- don't flouride and clean rainwater and get it back to our taps.

There is always a small amount of fecal matter in every glass, ok............. here is my point, it is well know that over 1 year the average american eats 1lb of sh!t through the tap water..

End of run tripple stage filter RO system that pulls the microns/heavy metals, completely out of the fluid and will only pass the H2O molucule is the answer.

If you do not take vitamin supplements or practice a balanced diet you should add sea salt to your jug in the fridge.

Now remember this filter also removes the Flouride addative. So, you should get that from regular toof brushing.

If after that summer you dated the crack bitch, you still have that pritty toof in your head.

thome........... saving the world on post at a time.

HAIL THE TOOF!

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Totally depends on where you live. The tap water where I live comes from highland lochs which is what you get when you buy some makes of bottled water anyway. Any time I've been down in your direction or around the Mediterranean then of course I drink bottled water.

Thats a no brainer... :)

Well, duh! :nose-picking:

If I lived in Scotland, I'd be drinking tap water too. In fact, I drink your water all the time. :D

Well, actually, nowadays, I tend to be drinking more Irish whisky, like Tullamore Dew. Dunno, gradually shifted, over the years.

And, of course, Jack Daniels'. Egads, that shit is good. Tried a shitload of bourbons, JD is the only american whiskey that's fit for comsuption. But dear Gawd, is it ever good..

Igosplut
07-27-2009, 11:23 AM

Or anyone that makes blanket statements?

My tap water has been through several different tests (both mandatory and voluntary) and it's not only safe, it has neutral PH and is very soft. That, and where I live has whats called a single-source aquifer. It's all drawn on the same lens.

Of course I don't know what the aliens do to it at night, or the magic water fairy's but that's another conspiracy theory all together....

letsrock
07-27-2009, 11:45 AM

And people cook with tap water. They dont empty bottled water into pots to boil water.

The whole thing is a joke.

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 11:50 AM
And people cook with tap water. They dont empty bottled water into pots to boil water.

Well, strange to say, it's true, but I kinda have to agree with you on this one. A lot of people who don't drink tap water actually cook with it, and yeah, it's pretty stupid.

I cook with bottled water. I only use tap water to wash the dishes, bathe and brush my teeth. No comsuption whatsoever.

See how when you take the time to read the thread before posting you don't come out as a complete moron?

letsrock
07-27-2009, 12:00 PM
See how when one reads a post they can see the logic.

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Apparently sometimes rogue farmers put something called manure which is actually a bit like shit on their crops!!!!!

Incredible! Since I found that out I've stopped eating vegetables or anything with a grain in it like bread and so forth.

You can't be too careful!

FORD
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM

Not if you install a filtration system on the main water line coming into your house.

Mushroom
07-27-2009, 01:06 PM

Have you noticed (unless you drink tap water) how people get stupider & stupider)? And it's not just generally speaking, I really noticed how most of my childhood friends are dumber now (some even nearing morbid stupidity).

We've (the ones who can still think, maybe even construct a proper sentence and/or solve a couple of logic problems) been discussing this very thouroughly over pints and snacks outside on sunny afternoons, and we've come to the conclusion that it MUST be tap water.

When I've read the first two lines I've had confirmation. Read them again.

It's a cuntspiracy, I tell you. Drink bottled water. And if I suddenly disappear, well... you know why.

what a fucking dumbass statement. Fluoride is debatable but it has it's purpose. I work with water utilities, and I walk through many water treatment plants. If you think they're adding chemicals to control minds, then obviously, you're somebody elses bitch.

Mushroom
07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
some bottled water companies are bottling municipal water from the tap.

Mushroom
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
I was involved with some people who knew things back in the day, and these people knew stuff about junk and things.......

Anywho, it has been well known for many moons that -They, The Them- recycle and clean and filter the sewage water (poopee peepee water, for your sensative types) ( so it doesn't pollute the environment) and that, is fed back to you and me thru the tap.Thank the peace queers from the ...the other -Thems-

-The Them- don't flouride and clean rainwater and get it back to our taps.

There is always a small amount of fecal matter in every glass, ok............. here is my point, it is well know that over 1 year the average american eats 1lb of sh!t through the tap water..

End of run tripple stage filter RO system that pulls the microns/heavy metals, completely out of the fluid and will only pass the H2O molucule is the answer.

If you do not take vitamin supplements or practice a balanced diet you should add sea salt to your jug in the fridge.

Now remember this filter also removes the Flouride addative. So, you should get that from regular toof brushing.

If after that summer you dated the crack bitch, you still have that pritty toof in your head.

thome........... saving the world on post at a time.

HAIL THE TOOF!

"Toilet-to-Tap" is the future. Get used to it. Basically, no problem, as long as it's treated. The only real concern are Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products as Pollutants, that water/wastewater treatment plants were not initially designed to remove.

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't know where people think water comes from.

If it comes out the sky as rain it's still just the same water after a process. They seem to think that rain is somehow new water created out of nowhere by the sky god or something.

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Apparently sometimes rogue farmers put something called manure which is actually a bit like shit on their crops!!!!!

Incredible! Since I found that out I've stopped eating vegetables or anything with a grain in it like bread and so forth.

You can't be too careful!

Sesh you're joking, right?

Please tell me you're joking.

Manure is NOT a bit like shit. It IS shit. Horse-shit, even bull-shit, to be exact. And it's not rogue farmers who do it. Every farmer does it. And it's all the tiome, not sometimes. It's the best, most natural fertilizer there is, always was. The best, tastier vegetables are grown with manure, always have been.

Of course, it depends on the type of vegetable. But tell me you're joking.

What the fuck, Sesh?

Now I can see why you believe in the moon landing... arsehole. :)

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 01:28 PM
What is Portuguese for sarcasm? :)

I'm just taking your paranoia to the logical conclusion.

Between this water mind control shit, the moon landing hoax hoax, Elvis saying that his god stops people from understanding the bible, and people who don't realise that Steel Panther are a parody this has been the stupidest week ever at DLRArmy.

Dolemite!
07-27-2009, 01:47 PM
You forgot certain people ^ who pretend that certain things aren't factual so they can sleep better at night.

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
What is Portuguese for sarcasm? :)

I'm just taking your paranoia to the logical conclusion.

Between this water mind control shit, the moon landing hoax hoax, Elvis saying that his god stops people from understanding the bible, and people who don't realise that Steel Panther are a parody this has been the stupidest week ever at DLRArmy.

Sarcasmo. Just add an o. Irony is Ironia. Powerful words, almost universal. Unless you mean irony as in made of iron, that's another word.

I dunno, man... I want to believe you were just pulling our leg, but what the fuck? It looked way too real.

Anyways, it's a completely different thing. When the vegetables grow, they feed on shit and cleanse the stuff, just like plants breathe carbon dyoxide - I think that's how you call it/spell it? - and release oxygen.

It'a natural process, and much more efective than any fucking filter we build for treating sewage water. Maybe one day, when technology has evolved enough and allows us for completely unimaginable things nowadays, like, say, going to the moon, man can build a filter who cleans the shit in the water as thoroughly as a tomato, but until then, Thome's right. Most people drink too much shit.

Ever heard of shit for brains? Well, there you go. Shitty ideas? Tap water goes straight into the brain.

Anyway, you may not be suffering so much as other peeps, as tap water in Scotland may very well still be relatively clean and pure, and probably, like you said, very much the same as some bottled water you buy there.

But just to keep on the safe side, I'd suggest you start thinking about switching into bottled water all the same. Keep you from posting shit like that without any sarcasm.

Mushroom
07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Bottled Water: FDA Safety and Consumer Protections Are Often Less Stringent Than Comparable EPA Protections for Tap Water

GAO-09-861T July 8, 2009

Summary
Over the past decade, the per capita consumption of bottled water in the United States has more than doubled--from 13.4 gallons per person in 1997 to 29.3 gallons per person in 2007. With this increase have come several concerns, raised by public interest groups in recent years, over bottled water's quality and safety. For example, water quality testing conducted by some of these groups, and others, has shown that bottled water does not necessarily have lower levels of contamination than tap water. Furthermore, bottled water's potential environmental impact has also come under scrutiny. Several organizations have raised concerns about a low recycling rate for plastic water bottles, the amount of energy used to manufacture and transport the product, and the impact of groundwater extraction on local resources. This testimony is based on our June 2009 report, which is being publicly released today and addresses three issues: (1) the extent to which federal and state authorities regulate the quality of bottled water to ensure its safety, (2) the extent to which federal and state authorities regulate the accuracy of labels or claims regarding the purity and source of bottled water, and (3) the environmental impacts of bottled water.

FDA's bottled water standard of quality regulations generally mirror EPA's national primary drinking water regulations under the Safe Drinking Water Act, as required by the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) as amended, although the case of DEHP (an organic compound widely used in the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride plastics) is a notable exception. Specifically, FDA deferred action on DEHP in a final rule published in 1996, and has yet to either adopt a standard or publish a reason for not doing so, even though FDA's statutory deadline for acting on DEHP was more than 15 years ago. More broadly, we found that FDA's regulation of bottled water (including its implementation and enforcement), particularly when compared with EPA's regulation of tap water, reveals key differences in the agencies' statutory authorities. Of particular note, FDA does not have the specific statutory authority to require bottlers to use certified laboratories for water quality tests or to report test results, even if violations of the standards are found. Among our other findings, the states' requirements to safeguard bottled water often exceed those of FDA, but are still often less comprehensive than state requirements to safeguard tap water. FDA and state bottled water labeling requirements are similar to labeling requirements for other foods, but the information provided to consumers is less than what EPA requires of public water systems under the Safe Drinking Water Act. Public water systems must annually provide consumer confidence reports that summarize local drinking water quality information about the water's sources, detected contaminants, and compliance with national primary drinking water regulations as well as information on the potential health effects of certain drinking water contaminants. FDA does not require bottled water companies to provide this information. Rather, as in the case of other foods, bottled water labels are required to list ingredients and nutritional information and are subject to the same prohibitions against misbranding. In 2000, FDA concluded that it was feasible for the bottled water industry to provide the same types of information to consumers that public water systems must provide. However, the agency was not required to conduct a rulemaking requiring that manufacturers provide such information to consumers, and has yet to do so. Nevertheless, our work suggests that consumers may benefit from such additional information. For example, when we asked cognizant officials in a survey of the 50 states and the District of Columbia whether their consumers had misconceptions about bottled water, many replied that consumers often believe that bottled water is safer or healthier than tap water. Their responses were consistent with a 2002 EPA-sponsored Gallup survey, which found that the main reason consumers either filtered tap water or purchased bottled water was due to health-related concerns. We also found that information comparable to what public water systems are required to provide to consumers of tap water was available for only a small percentage of the 83 bottled water labels we reviewed, companies we contacted, or company Web sites we reviewed. Among the environmental impacts of bottled water are its effects on U.S. municipal landfill capacity and U.S. energy demands. Regarding its impacts on landfill capacity, we found that about three-quarters of the water bottles produced in the United States in 2006 were discarded and not recycled, on the basis of figures compiled by an industry trade association and an environmental nonprofit organization. Regarding the impact on U.S. energy demands, a recent peer-reviewed article noted that while the production and consumption of bottled water comprises a small share of total U.S. energy demand, it is much more energy-intensive than the production of public drinking water.

Mushroom
07-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Sarcasmo. Just add an o. Irony is Ironia. It'a natural process, and much more efective than any fucking filter we build for treating sewage water. Maybe one day, when technology has evolved enough and allows us for completely unimaginable things nowadays, like, say, going to the moon, man can build a filter who cleans the shit in the water as thoroughly as a tomato, but until then, Thome's right. Most people drink too much shit.

:hee: you're funny. I guess nobody's heard of state of the art water/wastewater treatment where you live. But in fact, it's hardly state of the art, it's biological-physico-chemical processes.

standin
07-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Manufactured Arkansas backwoods’ man character
You know, seeing a how this here is a Roth based site and Mr. Roth’s Pappy was a tooth man. Do any body here knows how and a where fluoride was found outs about? Well, let me tells you a story. There was a young strapping tooth man that came back here in these woods long about Samuel Clemens time and he noticed that there just was not a whole bunch of teeth to be pulling back here. He did notice that the teeth had brownish spots, not just dark areas, from smoking and a drinking but spots. Well, this doctor went to thinking and a talking to some the homegrown doctors and set out to find why there were no bad teeth to speak of around in those parts. What he found was the water in that backwoods area had a mineral called fluoride. It was what was keep them teeth in good strong order and causing them spots. Well, be a good man that he was he thought, I am a dentist but it would be a good thing if tooth decay would not be around. He experimented and a toiled and learned, that in lower ppm that fluoride worked pretty darn good and did not cause polka dot teeth.

standin
07-27-2009, 03:23 PM
You know even with me thinking water is just fine to drink generally. I have to say I don't know how many of ya have traveled the US to some of these really backwoods places and stayed a short bit and had others to compare notes about these backwoods towns over periods of time and at separate times.

There were some places that the children's behavior was so bad (that is what we happen to notice) with no real explanation, we would just blame the water. Blaming the water has been an age-old custom, with some facts to base the generalization. The weird witch trials of Salaam, I think it was, it is thought to occurred due to the material the bread supply was made from growing a mold that happen to be a hallucinogenic.

You know, if you are so in questioning of water supplies in certain areas or what not. Instead of standing by and acting like you are helpless or cannot help. Send the water out for private testing. If there is corruption, in the water supply another area will confirm or deny. Though we live in an era of corruption, most when given the choice into are not being corrupt and will help you file what and where you need.

Test your waters and get some data. Quality control you can do it too!

fryingdutchman
07-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Yup....and the hucksters who market the stuff are laughing in our collective faces with every drop we drink.

Stop and think for a second....

What is "Evian" spelled backwards?

:biggrin:

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Bottled Water: FDA Safety and Consumer Protections Are Often Less Stringent Than Comparable EPA Protections for Tap Water

It's the same in the Europe.

standin
07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
After reading, I have always wondered if a certain amount of sickness free.....

I don't how to put this delicately, but amount of natural substance might be needed and useful to a healthy system. I wash my food and all, but I am not obsessed about it. Some amount of dirt (and all that entails) keeps ya healthy.
Case in point. Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus. Nobody really openly states where that is from, but I can't help but wonder and think it is.

Seshmeister
07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Without bacteria you would be dead in a couple of days.

Full Bug
07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
This one is pretty good, including some people who cant even tell the difference between bottled water and water from a garden hose....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfPAjUvvnIc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfPAjUvvnIc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dan
07-27-2009, 04:46 PM

And All Over The World.:D

Igosplut
07-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't know where people think water comes from.

If it comes out the sky as rain it's still just the same water after a process. They seem to think that rain is somehow new water created out of nowhere by the sky god or something.

HA!

Which brings to mind seeing people here (the Cape) drinking bottled water in restaurants and eating Lobster. I'm sure some here would know, but do you know what lobsters eat??

Everything....

when the outfall pipe (http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/harbor/html/soh_outfall.htm) from Boston came online, the deep sea lobsterman were dancing the jig in joy. Why? Because they knew that the lobsters would be attracted to the pipe for the affluent.

True story. Guy I know is a commercial diver. He does jobs for hire, but his mainstay is diving for lobster. He (and others) take weighted-down tires, and (their favorite as lobsters love to hide in the bowls) toilets out and place them in certain areas in Cape Cod Bay. Then dive on the spots every so many days. One summer a few years back somebody was lost overboard off a boat (nobody local) in the spring. About one month later the guy dives his areas. What does he find? low and behold there's a body on the bottom by one of his toilets. And whats on the body having a feast? Four or five lobsters! Chowing down. They was other things, but you get the point....

So now when I see people that wouldn't condescend to drinking tap water, I'd love (if possible) to tell them just what that sea-rat they're eating spends it's life foraging for.

Pass the butter!!

Anonymous
07-27-2009, 05:48 PM
HA!

Which brings to mind seeing people here (the Cape) drinking bottled water in restaurants and eating Lobster. I'm sure some here would know, but do you know what lobsters eat??

Everything....

when the outfall pipe (http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/harbor/html/soh_outfall.htm) from Boston came online, the deep sea lobsterman were dancing the jig in joy. Why? Because they knew that the lobsters would be attracted to the pipe for the affluent.

True story. Guy I know is a commercial diver. He does jobs for hire, but his mainstay is diving for lobster. He (and others) take weighted-down tires, and (their favorite as lobsters love to hide in the bowls) toilets out and place them in certain areas in Cape Cod Bay. Then dive on the spots every so many days. One summer a few years back somebody was lost overboard off a boat (nobody local) in the spring. About one month later the guy dives his areas. What does he find? low and behold there's a body on the bottom by one of his toilets. And whats on the body having a feast? Four or five lobsters! Chowing down. They was other things, but you get the point....

So now when I see people that wouldn't condescend to drinking tap water, I'd love (if possible) to tell them just what that sea-rat they're eating spends it's life foraging for.

Pass the butter!!

Good post, I. But allow me to correct you on something: when an animal digests what he eats, even if it's shit, I compare that to a tomato having manure spread all over it to make it grow.

Kinda cleanses it. See above post referring said subject.

And what do pigs eat? May not be shit, but it won't certainly do you good.

If I liked lobster, I'd be saying "pass the butter" with you.

thome
07-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Eeeeef I vas a reech man dad dad da ddaa..

We us whold had a complete house softening system but it only softened the wataere' ( that's french you know)

that was going via 3/4 inch copper to the dish washer and the clothes washer, and on hose, in the garage, for softened spot free washing on the car.

Salt Zalze Zalza Zalte' softened .

The water that ran towards "zee" (french you know) sink, was just straight city water.Washing of zee sink eetself..

Then the city water was channeled off to a small little bar type tube like a walking cane at each sink that was all fitlered thru a RO system. Drinkie time water or.......... for Zee............ COOOK POT! No Kook citie wateare'..wee wee.

3 distinct waters coming towards us for usage converted at the entrance to me casa.

Wahla! me kno splel but me izz zee louvare...no?

thome
07-27-2009, 06:17 PM
HA!

Which brings to mind seeing people here (the Cape) drinking bottled water in know what lobsters eat?? He does jobs for hire, but his sinksea-rat they're eating spends it's life foraging for.

Pass the butter!!

Cockraoches would be a better ..than Rat.

There is a crab that is said to be the best tasting in the world that is found in the Ganges in India,

They dispose of humans in that river all day long..guess why it is so good.

Pass the butter!

Igosplut
07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Jesus Thome, you quoted me just like you post...

Is that like how you see it?

thome
07-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Jesus Thome, you quoted me just like you post...

Is that like how you see it?

I am not!

Dan
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I am not!

Where Is The Love In water,man?

thome
07-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Like the sea crashes upon the shore of time endless.

My love crashes upon the breast of the shore of my love for her.

It's like that.

Like Water.

Pure untainted water for my precious................ bodily fliuds.http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2009/01/13/2008625848.jpg

sadaist
07-28-2009, 02:13 AM
I keep bottled waters in my truck. Easy to reach back & grab a bottle while out. But I don't stock them at home or in the fridge. Just drink & cook with tap. Although I don't really drink that much water. I think bottled water is fine for when you are on the go and stopping for a glass of water just isn't possible. Buying cases of it and only drinking bottled water? Waste of money.

LoungeMachine
07-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Water? Dont drink the stuff, fish fuck in it

W.C. Fields

:gulp:

Panamark
07-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Fish Fornicate in water..

Fish dont fornicate in alcohol...

Depends on your views of fish Jism I guess ?

Seshmeister
07-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Not necessarily...

Terrified Tamara reveals all about life wth Marillion singer. | Scottish|Scottish News | News Of The World (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/359861/Terrified-Tamara-reveals-all-about-life-wth-Marillion-singer.html)

Fish begged me to be Kayleigh in video
TERRIFIED WIFE REVEALS ALL ABOUT LIFE WITH SINGER
Image Flag

13/06/2009
THE heartbroken ex-wife of Scots rock star Fish today lifts the lid on her nightmare 14 years of marriage.

Stunning German blonde Tamara Nowy told how the singer became infatuated with her after they first met in a Berlin nightclub.

He begged Tamara, then 22, to star in the video for Marillion's smash-hit single Kayleigh. And a rock 'n' roll romance began.

But today, she reveals how the relationship gradually disintegrated as Fish relentlessly boozed and took drugs. She claimed he:

HIT her at a birthday party where she ended up cut and bleeding

SNORTED cocaine in wild drink and drugs parties

CHEATED on her during a string of affairs, and

ATTACKED their teenage daughter and threw her out on the street.

Last night shaken Tamara told the News of the World: "On the outside, I had this amazing life. We went to parties with stars like Freddie Mercury, George Michael, Spandau Ballet and Iron Maiden.

"But behind closed doors, it was a different story - Fish was controlling, paranoid and aggressive.

"I was so caught up in his twisted world that I thought a lot of the behaviour was normal - especially for someone on drink and drugs.

"But when he threatened to smash a vodka bottle over my head - on a rare occasion when he seemed SOBER - I decided enough was enough.

"I left for my daughter's sake and the sake of my own health. I didn't take the cash due to me and kept my mouth shut.

Tamara

"But then Fish was violent to our daughter. He threw her out on the street and left her in bits. And that was my final snapping point. I couldn't stand back and watch that happen.

"I want people to know the truth about him - and maybe when he sees it in black and white, he will realise what he has become."

Pretty Tamara gave up a budding modelling career to be with Fish after they met in the spring of 1985. The slender youngster was first introduced to the singer - real name Derek Dick - in the trendy Berlin nightspot Annabel's.

Thinking back to those happier times, Tamara - whose father Ralf was a top saxophonist - told us: "I was doing really well for myself.

"I was modelling by day and at night I served drinks in the club. I had been with a boyfriend for two years and was happy but I loved my independence."

But the course of Tamara's life changed forever following a chance meeting with Fish in her home city.

Then 27, but already losing his hair, the giant Scots frontman was in Berlin to record with Marillion at the renowned Hansa studios.

After one session, the band headed to Annabel's. Recalling that fateful night, Tamara said: "Ironically, it was my boyfriend, who also worked at the club, who introduced us.

"I couldn't speak any English at that point and, to be honest, I didn't like Fish at first. He was big, loud and very arrogant.

"I also didn't know WHO he was - I had never heard of his band. He found it frustrating that I wasn't a big fan of his music - but it didn't stop him coming into the club every night to try to talk to me.

"He was telling anyone who would listen that I was the woman for him, and would be his wife. When I heard that, it freaked me out, I didn't want to get married to anyone."

Fish and Tamara

A few days later, Marillion began casting for girls to star in the video for their new single Kayleigh, which they were shooting in Berlin.

But Fish told the producers he wasn't happy with any of the models or actresses they suggested and the infatuated singer went back to Annabel's and begged Tamara to appear with him.

She, however, was keen to fly to Spain to escape his intense attention.

But like a scene from a soppy movie, the star sent some pals on a desperate mission to stop her getting on board her flight.

She recalled: "I had made up my mind to go to Ibiza. Fish was becoming too much. I was just minutes from checking in for the flight when these friends of his came running into Berlin Airport.

"The guys offered me a really good fee to appear in the Kayleigh video and they begged me to stay. In the end, it was pretty hard to refuse."

Tamara added: "There have been many times since that day when I've wondered what my life would have been like if I had just got on that plane. Taking my daughter out of it, I really wish I had just flown away."

As it was, besotted Fish seized the chance of days spent filming romantic scenes with Tamara to step up his pursuit of his pretty co-star. In the video, the pair acted out touching scenes between a couple caught on either side of the Berlin Wall.

Tamara admitted: "I really enjoyed being in the video. My part was to walk next to Fish, but always kept apart from him.

"And then in the final scene, he proposes to me by giving a little boy a giant poppy to pass to me. During the three days we filmed, Fish kept trying to woo me.

"Then he asked me to go with him on a trip to Berlin Zoo. It was quite a sweet day. We couldn't understand each other and it was raining. Fish had a German phrase book and was trying hard to talk to me.

"That was the first time I started to warm to him. But when we got back on set, he was constantly asking me to leave my boyfriend for him.

"I didn't want to get involved with someone who was so serious."

After filming ended, Fish - from Dalkeith, Midlothian - was due to fly back to the UK. But unable to leave Tamara behind, he made her a shock proposal. She said: "Fish walked into the club and got down on his knees.

"He handed me a poppy and asked me to marry him - just like in the Kayleigh video. He even popped the question in German.

"But I hardly knew him, and marriage was the last thing on my mind."

The panicked youngster didn't give Fish an answer. Instead, she ran out of the club's back door when her shift was over at 6am.

Tamara said: "I just had to get out of there. Fish left for his home in England and I thought that would be the last I would see of him."

But the star bombarded Tamara's family with lengthy LOVE LETTERS and late-night PHONE CALLS.

She recalled: "A few weeks after Fish left Germany, he started writing letters to my mum. I didn't even live with her but that didn't stop him. He'd talk about how he was in love and wanted me to come to Britain.

"Then the phone calls started, when he had been drinking, at all hours of the night."

Around that time, Kayleigh was released as a single and - helped by its video - made it to No 2 in the UK charts in May 1985.

Later that year Marillion returned to Berlin. Fish again begged Tamara to meet him - but this time the pair hit it off.

She said: "I had split up with my boyfriend by then and Fish was a bit more relaxed about things. We spent time just hanging out together. My English was much better and we got on really well.

"Before he left he invited me to Britain to see him. A few weeks later I decided to give it a go."

At that time Fish and his bandmates all lived close to each other in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. And it was only when she got there that Tamara realised how big Marillion had become.

She was invited to see the band perform at the Castle Donington Monsters of Rock festival in front of 100,000 fans in August 1985.

Tamara admitted: "I remember peeking around the side of the backstage curtain - I could not believe my eyes when I saw the sea of fans. It was amazing to watch Fish perform. He had a lot of charisma and I was so proud of him."

Tamara finally moved in with Fish in November 1985. But she spent her first six months alone - while her rock star lover went on a world tour.

She said: "The band had a rule that girlfriends and wives stayed at home. I kept busy learning English and tidying Fish's home. He had a lot of PORN which I threw out."

After the tour, Fish returned to Tamara - but she struggled to keep up with his world of cocaine-fuelled rock star parties.

She was mingling with the likes of Queen and George Michael in hotels and lavish homes.

With Fish she frequented exclusive clubs, partying with top bands such as Spandau Ballet. Tamara told us: "It was pretty crazy - it was the 1980s and drugs were everywhere.

"There were parties every night, all through the night. You would walk into a room and there would be all of these famous people having a good time.

Fish and Tamara at Christmas 1990

"They mostly took cocaine - and I was not an angel. But I never enjoyed it. I just wanted to fit in.

"Champagne was drunk by the gallon. It was all so surreal.

"Some of those big celebrities had a lot to lose if it got out they used drugs but everyone trusted each other in that world.

"I got used to chatting to George Michael and Freddie Mercury."

Tamara's first meeting with the Queen legend was at a party in an exclusive London hotel. But the superstar singer took an instant dislike to her - because he was keen on Fish.

Tamara said: "I think Queen were celebrating the end of a tour.

"We took a lift up to a roof garden where we were greeted by naked waiters - young men, of course - who had suits painted on. All the guys from Queen and Marillion were there plus George Michael, Iron Maiden, TV actress Anita Dobson and the Page 3 Girl Samantha Fox.

Fish and Tamara 1991

"People weren't snorting coke in front of each other - no one was that blatant - but there were places you could go to get a fix.

"Freddie Mercury didn't have a lot of time for me. He seemed to really have a thing for Fish. He sneered at me when I was introduced. He just didn't like me or the fact I was with Fish.

"But it was a lot of fun at the start. It was glamorous, dressing up every night to go to these parties.

"I was in my early 20s and it was like a dream come true to have that sort of lifestyle. But very quickly it turned into my worst nightmare."

Within a few months, Fish started having fights with Tamara that became more and more violent.

She said: "I started to get fed up with the constant partying. It really became too much. No one can take that amount of drink and drugs all the time and be OK. Fish wasn't a nice person when he was taking all that stuff.

"Looking back, I don't know if there were many times when he was actually sober.

"It wasn't like he was staggering around drunk but he always had a drink in his hand from the minute he got up in the morning.

"But I told myself it was normal. Everyone around us was doing the same sort of thing - and I was in love with him by this point."

Fish repeatedly begged Tamara to marry him - and in February 1986, she gave in.

She said: "We'd only been together properly for a few months but Fish would not give up and eventually I accepted. I thought it might make things calm down a bit between us."

The wedding took place at St Mary's Church in Haddington, East Lothian, in July 1987.

Of the 250 guests invited to the lavish event, only 20 were Tamara's relatives and friends from Germany. Instead, Marillion, Iron Maiden and Spandau Ballet took over the day.

But in the months leading up to it, the fights between Fish and his fianc&#233;e continued.

Tamara said: "The arguments just got worse and worse. Any time we were out at a party, there would be a huge row afterwards.

"He would shout and swear right into my face. It was really scary and I started to have second thoughts about the wedding."

Fish and Tamara in Capetown, 1988

Despite her massive doubts, Tamara walked down the aisle in a stunning floor-length white gown. But after the church service, the drugs started to flow again at their reception, held in the Marine Hotel in North Berwick.

Tamara admitted: "I wouldn't say it was the happiest day of my life - far from it.

"I had major doubts and they were made so much worse by the fact Fish turned it into another cocaine party."

The newlyweds had been meant to leave the do at midnight for a nearby hotel - but Fish kept their bridal car waiting.

Tamara explained: "He was really out of it and I had quite a bit to drink to deal with the whole situation. The car sat outside waiting for us until four in the morning.

"By the time we got to the hotel, the staff had got so bored waiting, they were drunk, too. And Fish sat up drinking champagne with them before finally falling into bed.

"My dress had about 100 buttons on it, and all I remember is passing out on the bed with it still on. That was my wedding night - there was nothing romantic about it."

Tamara didn't even get a honeymoon, as her new hubby went on tour, leaving her behind.

Three months later she was allowed to tag along with Marillion on a promotional tour in America, sandwiching "quality time" with Fish in between his press and TV interviews.

But after the couple returned from their three-week trip, the fights became worse.

Tamara said: "The drugs parties continued, night after night. It started to wear me down.

"Fish became really controlling and paranoid any time I left the house. I couldn't go to the hairdressers or shops without him accusing me of meeting men for affairs.

"I didn't feel like I had a life back then. Everything I did had to revolve around him."

In 1989, after a string of bust-ups, Marillion split - leaving Fish DEVASTATED.

In shock, he moved back to Haddington, where he splashed out on the luxury ninebedroom Spittalrig Farm, worth &#163;900,000.

Tamara said: "The split hit him hard and I felt really sorry for him. The move up north was such a big change from what he had been used to, and it was tough.

"But Fish was always really cocky about how talented he was and decided to move out on his own as a solo artist. He ploughed half a million pounds into a state-of-the-art recording studio. He was desperate to save his career."

Fish began recording a new solo album with session musicians. But even after Tamara fell pregnant in 1990, their rows didn't stop.

She said: "By this point, Fish had really lost it and started giving in more and more to his paranoia. He accused me of having affairs, even though I was pregnant and emotional.

"I hadn't cheated on him, even though I was certain HE had affairs when he was on tour. But his warped head got it all wrong.

"He kept calling me a WHORE and saying the baby wasn't his. It was a horrible time.

"Fish started to drink really heavily. He would sink two or three bottles of wine a day - and drugs were still always around.

"We would have huge fights and he would shout in my face and pin me against walls."

The couple's daughter Tara was born in January 2001 but Fish spent her early childhood either on tour or drinking with buddies.

New mum Tamara had to cater for the constant stream of musicians and studio staff staying in their home. She also ran her hubby's official fan club and sorted his mail.

She said: "It was like I had two full-time jobs - running Fish's career for him and also raising our daughter.

"Meanwhile, he partied with his friends and messed around in the recording studio. I was sometimes cooking for up to 15 people a night, we were never alone as a family."

Fish's wild parties continued, even after he became a dad. Tara would be sent to stay with his parents overnight.

And the drug-addled singer's convictions grew that Tamara was cheating on him.

His jealous rage reached fever pitch on the night of her 30th birthday, in November 1993. Tamara said: "Fish threw a big party for my birthday. I ended up chatting to a producer we knew in the lounge, it was just the two of us but we were genuinely just talking.

"Out of his head on coke as usual, Fish burst in and started screaming that we were having an affair. He ran to the kitchen while the producer ran out of the house.

"Then Fish came back to the lounge. He was roaring 'whore', and foaming at the mouth.

"I put up my hands to shield myself but he hit me. I ended up with cuts on the arm and cheek that night.

"I looked down and the floor turned red - there was blood everywhere, I was terrified.

"I managed to call the police while Fish just stood there in a daze. When they arrived, I was checked over and bandaged up. There was no long-term damage but the police wanted me to charge Fish for my own protection.

"I just couldn't do it, he was still Tara's dad and my head was all over the place.

"Later he was grovelling, apologising and promising everything would change. Stupidly, I believed him. To this day he says it's the only time he ever hit me - and he claims that he was under severe provocation."

Sadly, Fish reverted to his wild parties as he tried to continue with his music career.

And Tamara, at an all-time low, fell into the arms of two other men.

She confessed: "After seeing Fish like that, I had two short affairs, lasting a few months.

"I think I was trying to get back at him - although I didn't tell him until we eventually broke up. I was so hurt that he could treat me like that after everything I had done for him. But it didn't make me feel any better and I started to realise our marriage was in tatters. My uncle even begged me to leave him after hearing one of our fights. He was HORRIFIED at the way Fish was speaking to me."

When Tamara turned 33 she was hit by a horror health scare when was diagnosed with cervical cancer and rushed into hospital for an emergency hysterectomy.

Tamara

She said: "It was the scariest time of my life. After the op I had a horrible two-week wait to find out if I was going to be OK.

"I was so weak but, as usual, Fish offered me no support, and he hardly helped with our young daughter.

"Thankfully, I was really lucky. They had just caught it in time and I got the all-clear.

"But watching the way my husband failed to help me was a wake-up call. I decided to give the marriage one last go for my daughter's sake - and if it didn't work, I would leave."

Tamara stayed with Fish for another three years but again life spiralled out of control.

She said: "I could barely leave the house without him accusing me of something.

"Apart from those few months when I did stray twice, I had been loyal - despite being sure that he'd had a string of affairs.

"People let it slip that he'd been with girls on all those tours."

The final straw for Tamara came in early 2001 when Fish threatened to smash a VODKA BOTTLE over her head.

She recalled: "He had just got out of bed in the morning when he flew off the handle over something stupid.

"The next thing I knew, he had grabbed a vodka bottle and he was holding it above my head. He was so angry - but what frightened me the most was the fact he was SOBER.

"I had always put his bad moods down to drink and drugs,so the fact it was now starting to happen without them was IT for me.

"For both my daughter's and my own sake I left him and took Tara back to Berlin."

Weeks later, Fish moved another woman into their home - the first in a long line after the marriage split.

By the time Tara was 15, Tamara was in a good sales job. Then Fish began to bombard his daughter with letters, begging her to come to the UK to live with him.

Tamara said: "It was bizarre. His behaviour reminded me so much of the way he hounded me when we first met.

"Tara was keen to be with her father but I was terrified he wouldn't look after her.

"He promised me she'd be fine and he just wanted to be a good dad and make up for lost time. In the end I gave in and allowed her to go back to Scotland and live with him. It tore me apart but it was what she wanted."

But within a few months, Fish had moved in another lover, and Tara was out in the cold.

Tamara said: "Tara would be OK for a while, then she's call me up in tears.

"He kept picking fights with her, and would roar and scream in her face, then throw her out into the street. It was horrific.

"Thankfully Tara had some good friends she could stay with when it got bad. I begged her to come back to Berlin, but Fish would then apologise and promise her the world."

Fish and Tamara in Florida

Fish took his daughter with him on his tours of Europe and America.

But, to her horror, Tamara has discovered he exposed his daughter to the same sleazy and sordid world that had destroyed her life with him.

She explained: "I only found out from Tara recently that she witnessed her dad snorting coke on his tour bus with all his pals. I felt sick - it's just so selfish and irresponsible."

When Fish's outbursts towards his daughter got worse, panicked Tamara abandoned her job and home in Germany and returned to Haddington in December 2007.

But Fish made it clear she was not welcome - and a row erupted when Tamara visited his farmhouse to collect her daughter.

She said: "I went round to try to get the rest of Tara's things, but Fish went crazy before I even got out of my car.

"He jumped on the bonnet like a lunatic. Tara saw all of this and was a wreck."

And a few months later, Tara called her mother in tears.

She explained that Fish had grabbed her by the neck, held her against a washing machine and screamed in her face, before throwing her out and DUMPING her belongings.

Furious Tamara said: "Fish had been walking around the kitchen, trying to provoke Tara by calling me a slut and a whore.

"She shouted at him to 'stop it' and he grabbed her, holding her by the neck against the wall. He threw her out on the street and the next day packed all her stuff up in a skip.

"Fish claims Tara punched him first, then walked out. I was beside myself with rage.

"Tara was in such a state she had dropped out of college, had lost weight and was taking anti-depressants."

Fish, now 51, refused to comment on any of Tamara's accusations last night.

But she added sadly: "All these years, I have stayed silent, even when Fish slagged me off, claiming I took all his money.

"I got next to nothing from that man except heartache. I just hope that if he reads this, he'll finally realise what he has done."

Dolemite!
07-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Surprised such an "intense" man could write such watery piss poor music.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone that thinks tap water is the same throughout the world is an idiot.

Are you talking about Canadian tap water? Mongolian?

All municipal tap water, everywhere in the World.

So-called developed nations' water is the worst because of all the industrial run-off of poisons.

Sesh, nearly every post you have ever made is brilliant...but where the fuck do you think all the toxins on the Earth end up?

In the fucking water silly billy.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I know the majority of you dumb fucks probably never passed grade 9 physics. Most of you twits probably never made it to grade 9.

So...for your benefit....here is why DISTILLED WATER (not just any old fucking bottled water) is clean:

A Water molecule is H2O (2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen). Hydrogen and Oxygen are elements you DUMBASSES...clusters of ELEMENTS make up various MOLECULES which are further clustered into more complex CHEMICALS.

Hydrogen and Oxygen are LIGHTER than toxic elements (such as lead, cadmium and other ELEMENTS). They are also MUCH LIGHTER than ALL toxic man-made chemicals (clusters of molecules which are poison to the human genome) (Human Genome is an advanced lesson so leave it alone for now).

When H2O is DISTILLED it is super-heated. When the H2O (water) is SUPER-HEATED into STEAM, the atoms (hydrogen and oxygen) break apart, and form singular atoms of hydrogen and oxygen. Do you remember when I said earlier these are 2 of the LIGHTEST ELEMENTS?

Well, when these LIGHT-WEIGHT ELEMENTS are broken apart, the HEAVIER toxic molecules are left behind (because they're WAY FUCKING HEAVIER). When the LIGHTER-WEIGHT hydrogen and oxygen is shunted across the chamber into another chamber, they are COOLED.

When hydrogen and oxygen ELEMENTS are COOLED, they re-condense (this means they get all snuggly again), and re-form H2O (fucking WATER).

Except the nasty toxins are no longer there, because they were too fat and heavy like the average American, and were left behind in the dust.

Voila....pure motherfuckin' water.

Now go impress your grade 9 science teacher, if you ever get that far.:fufu:

Anonymous
07-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I know the majority of you dumb fucks probably never passed grade 9 physics. Most of you twits probably never made it to grade 9.

So...for your benefit....here is why DISTILLED WATER (not just any old fucking bottled water) is clean:

A Water molecule is H2O (2 parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen). Hydrogen and Oxygen are elements you DUMBASSES...clusters of ELEMENTS make up various MOLECULES which are further clustered into more complex CHEMICALS.

Hydrogen and Oxygen are LIGHTER than toxic elements (such as lead, cadmium and other ELEMENTS). They are also MUCH LIGHTER than ALL toxic man-made chemicals (clusters of molecules which are poison to the human genome) (Human Genome is an advanced lesson so leave it alone for now).

When H2O is DISTILLED it is super-heated. When the H2O (water) is SUPER-HEATED into STEAM, the atoms (hydrogen and oxygen) break apart, and form singular atoms of hydrogen and oxygen. Do you remember when I said earlier these are 2 of the LIGHTEST ELEMENTS?

Well, when these LIGHT-WEIGHT ELEMENTS are broken apart, the HEAVIER toxic molecules are left behind (because they're WAY FUCKING HEAVIER). When the LIGHTER-WEIGHT hydrogen and oxygen is shunted across the chamber into another chamber, they are COOLED.

When hydrogen and oxygen ELEMENTS are COOLED, they re-condense (this means they get all snuggly again), and re-form H2O (fucking WATER).

Except the nasty toxins are no longer there, because they were too fat and heavy like the average American, and were left behind in the dust.

Voila....pure motherfuckin' water.

Now go impress your grade 9 science teacher, if you ever get that far.:fufu:

Well, you forgot the part where tap water runs through plumbing that, in some cases is over 50 years old. If you think it's clean and you can safely drink from it, well, be my guest.

Cuntspiracy, dam-dam-daaaam:

Not to mention the stuff "they" put in it after it has been distilled.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Distillation is run through stainless steel, and nothing is "added after" you dumb cunt.

Aren't you the conspiracy theorist who thinks the moon landing is a sham and the Earth is flat?

You're a cunt.

Anonymous
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Right, I'm ever so sorry, oh wise one. You're obviously a very knowledgeable person with absolutely every answer for all the world's problems and the biggest authority ther is on whatever there is.

However, it strikes me as appalling that someone of your vast intellect has failed to spot a ver obvious detail. That I wasn't talking about the destillation itself, but the pipes through wich the water runs until they get to your faucet.

You know, I could be wrong, but I take from your aggressive knowledgeable authority that you're nothing but a little worm in real life - if indeed you have such a thing - that is ignored at best, mocked by everyone at worst, your wife is probably at at some bathroom in a seedy bar getting THE SHOCKER, while you're here professing to know everything and insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you.

If I were you, I'd.. well, I'm stuck. I have no ideas. Maybe if I were you, I'd just cry. A lot.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2009, 08:20 PM
You really can't be this stupid....It's not possible.

Distilled water doesn't come through my faucet....aw fuck it. I can't believe you're this stupid.

I was only joking about the pre-grade-9-dropout bit, but I was unintentionally correct.

Anonymous
07-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I seem to detect why you fail so much at communication.

You know, let's take a step back from this water business. Does ANYONE agree with you on ANY subject? Any subject at all? Most likely, no. I mean, you're amazing. You have an opinion, and just lash out at everyone with it. I COULD maybe even go into MORE detail about what I was trying to say, but that'd be just like explaining William Blake to a chicken.

Look, just go away. Calling you an imbecile would be an insult to imbeciles. Calling you stupid would be an insult to everyone who doesn't know what's 1+1.

Yeah, you're right. You're always right. But I bet while you're being right, your wife/girlfriend/whatever is getting gangbanged by some of your "friends" who aren't right, but know what they're doing.

Good luck with life. I hear you're very successful at it. ;)

Nitro Express
07-30-2009, 10:46 PM
When I was in Russia, you could buy a liter of vodka cheaper than a liter of water.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
You really can't be this stupid....It's not possible.

Distilled water doesn't come through my faucet....aw fuck it. I can't believe you're this stupid.

I was only joking about the pre-grade-9-dropout bit, but I was unintentionally correct.

The facts about distilled water have nothing at all to do with opinion.

Just more proof that you're an uninformed blubbering idiot who thinks the World is flat.

You're a fucking idiot. Just another fact.

Baby's On Fire
07-30-2009, 11:34 PM
When I was in Russia, you could buy a liter of vodka cheaper than a liter of water.

Vodka is a great alternative. No PCBs and cadmium there.

But CockLicker will come up with another conspiracy theory. for sure.

LoungeMachine
07-31-2009, 12:17 AM
Anyone else cracking up that BOF quoted himself and called himself an idiot?

simple mistake, but hilarious to some of us nonetheless.

:lmao:

Cheers

Baby's On Fire
07-31-2009, 12:26 AM
With me a mistake. With you...every fucking post you make.

A big mouthed loser living in mamma's basement...How else can you explain the time it takes to make so many posts?......thinking he's a man because he can skewer Thome.

All of our Alzheimer's grandpa's can skewer Thome. But it makes you feel relevant, important, and intelligent.

At least Thome and Cocklicker try and don't back down. You're nothing more than a coward who thinks he has something important to say. And who ALWAYS backs down from a real fight.

As always, you won't even stay on topic...and you'll come up with some diversion...just like when the schoolyard bully threatened to kick your ass every day. And every day you backed down being the pussy that you are.

But you're an American,...so we understand.

LoungeMachine
07-31-2009, 12:51 AM

I point out a simple funny mistake....

You take the time to post that?

Cheers anyway......

LoungeMachine
07-31-2009, 12:54 AM
On topic?

The truth about bottled water?

It's a scam.

Just saved everyone 3 pages.

Mushroom
07-31-2009, 11:37 AM
That I wasn't talking about the destillation itself, but the pipes through wich the water runs until they get to your faucet.

typically the worst pipes in the water system are the old household lead and copper pipes, and the old distribution system piping. don't confuse what is owned by the water utility and what is owned by the property owner.

Lead and Copper Rule | Lead in Drinking Water | Safewater | Water | US EPA (http://www.epa.gov/safewater/lcrmr/index.html#history)

In the US, all new water distribution pipes must be certified for drinking water. I'm sure it's the same in Europe. refer to American Water Works Association - independent non-govermental body that conducts research, reviews the science, and sets the standards.

Listen, if there is any real conspiracy, do you actually think that the 1++million or so water system operators, government employees, independent testing laboratories, etc. can keep such a secret? if so, then you really need a psychiatrist.

your water will never be perfectly pure unless you wrap your lips around the end of the water distallation system discharge cock. so in the meantime, you can pay for the big scam of bottled water, and we can have the last laugh.

Anonymous
07-31-2009, 11:11 PM
typically the worst pipes in the water system are the old household lead and copper pipes, and the old distribution system piping. don't confuse what is owned by the water utility and what is owned by the property owner.

Lead and Copper Rule | Lead in Drinking Water | Safewater | Water | US EPA (http://www.epa.gov/safewater/lcrmr/index.html#history)

In the US, all new water distribution pipes must be certified for drinking water. I'm sure it's the same in Europe. refer to American Water Works Association - independent non-govermental body that conducts research, reviews the science, and sets the standards.

Listen, if there is any real conspiracy, do you actually think that the 1++million or so water system operators, government employees, independent testing laboratories, etc. can keep such a secret? if so, then you really need a psychiatrist.

your water will never be perfectly pure unless you wrap your lips around the end of the water distallation system discharge cock. so in the meantime, you can pay for the big scam of bottled water, and we can have the last laugh.

I WAS talking about household pipes, the last part water goes through before it reaches your mouth, no matter how distilled/clean/pure/sparkling fresh/whatever the fuck it is.

As for cuntspiracy, I wouldn't really know if there is one. If there was, do you really think EVERYBODY who works with water would need to know about it? Maybe you should think about it.

If you'll notice, I have not gone into details about said cuntspiracy because I don't really believe there is one, but it would explain a lot. I'm just going for all the generic stuff one picks up from here or there. In the end, it's all for laughs. Unfortunately, wit & sense of humour are at an all time low. While there ARE a couple of members around here who still maintain both, it's mostly retards with severe confidence problems, nowadays.

And you can laugh away as I pay for bottled water, which, at least for me, tastes a lot better than tap water. As (almost) all bottled water tastes different from one another. If anyone thinks otherwise, well, I guess they don't have taste buds.

Anonymous
07-31-2009, 11:21 PM
With me a mistake. With you...every fucking post you make.

A big mouthed loser living in mamma's basement...How else can you explain the time it takes to make so many posts?......thinking he's a man because he can skewer Thome.

All of our Alzheimer's grandpa's can skewer Thome. But it makes you feel relevant, important, and intelligent.

At least Thome and Cocklicker try and don't back down. You're nothing more than a coward who thinks he has something important to say. And who ALWAYS backs down from a real fight.

As always, you won't even stay on topic...and you'll come up with some diversion...just like when the schoolyard bully threatened to kick your ass every day. And every day you backed down being the pussy that you are.

But you're an American,...so we understand.

1. It's impossible to stay on topic with you. You have NO understanding of whatever the other party is trying to explain to you, as you refuse to listen/read whatever the fuck someone is trying to say. You give your opinion, and then lash out with a loud "I'm right!" as soon as anyone else tries to say soemthing. Even if they agree with you, you'll never give 'em a chance.

2. Do you know the diference between cock and pussy? I guess I was wrong when I assumed you had a wife/girlfriend. Maybe to you, cock & pussy are the same, a reproductory organ, and that's the end of it. And woe to anyone who'll say otherwise and try to explain it to you.

3. And there we go. The country issue. Proud to be a Canadian, are we? You HAPPENED to be born in Canada. Were you born in the U.S., China or San Marino, you'd be exactly what you are now. A piece of shit. Country has nothing to do with it.
Listen, you're so patriot, have you ever done ANYTHING for your country? Something that gives you the right to be proub of it, and being one of its citizens? Of course not. You're trying to take the glory from others, who actually done something for it. Yes, canada seems to be a good country. From what one hears, it might certainly be better than the U.S., I really wouldn't know. But if that's the case, YOU had NOTHING to do with it, and there are probably many a Canadian who DID something for their country and are rightly proud of such, who WISH that YOU were NOT a Canadian.

Where one was born has nothing to do with what one becomes. You'd become the same piece of shit wherever you'd happen to be born.

If you get run over by a bus, Canadians will cheer.

Anonymous
08-01-2009, 12:12 AM
On topic?

The truth about bottled water?

It's a scam.

Just saved everyone 3 pages.

Stop seeing scams in everything, you paranoid.

Mushroom
08-01-2009, 12:43 PM

Gave Over :bottle:

Baby's On Fire
08-06-2009, 01:02 AM
1. It's impossible to stay on topic with you. You have NO understanding of whatever the other party is trying to explain to you, as you refuse to listen/read whatever the fuck someone is trying to say. You give your opinion, and then lash out with a loud "I'm right!" as soon as anyone else tries to say soemthing. Even if they agree with you, you'll never give 'em a chance.

2. Do you know the diference between cock and pussy? I guess I was wrong when I assumed you had a wife/girlfriend. Maybe to you, cock & pussy are the same, a reproductory organ, and that's the end of it. And woe to anyone who'll say otherwise and try to explain it to you.

3. And there we go. The country issue. Proud to be a Canadian, are we? You HAPPENED to be born in Canada. Were you born in the U.S., China or San Marino, you'd be exactly what you are now. A piece of shit. Country has nothing to do with it.
Listen, you're so patriot, have you ever done ANYTHING for your country? Something that gives you the right to be proub of it, and being one of its citizens? Of course not. You're trying to take the glory from others, who actually done something for it. Yes, canada seems to be a good country. From what one hears, it might certainly be better than the U.S., I really wouldn't know. But if that's the case, YOU had NOTHING to do with it, and there are probably many a Canadian who DID something for their country and are rightly proud of such, who WISH that YOU were NOT a Canadian.

Where one was born has nothing to do with what one becomes. You'd become the same piece of shit wherever you'd happen to be born.

If you get run over by a bus, Canadians will cheer.

So to paraphrase you.....I exposed you for the senseless idiot that you are, and now you're trying to divert attention.

The fact remains...you know fuck-all about water distillation, and shot off your big fucking mouth pretending to know something about something you know nothing about.

That was easy. Come back after you graduate kindergarten...assuming you make it that far.

Anonymous
08-06-2009, 12:24 PM
5 days to come up with THAT???

What the fuck? Doesn't even make any sense!

What was easy? Whatever it was, it obviously was NOT easy, as it took you 5 days.

Do you ever talk to people? Not in the internet. I mean, talk.

Probably not.

Dolemite!
08-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Imatwat Wholickscock being a retarded imbecile? Not exactly revelation of the year.

Anonymous
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Imatwat Wholickscock being a retarded imbecile? Not exactly revelation of the year.

You're a twat who licks cock being a retarded imbecile? :lol:

Oh, boy...

Now, THIS is too easy.

Got me a new signature.

Dolemite!
08-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Comprehension was never your thing, Imatwat.

Dolemite!
08-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Testing... testing...

Anonymous
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Comprehension was never your thing, Imatwat.

Yes, yes you are.

ZahZoo
08-09-2009, 01:49 PM
ok Who peed in the pool?