PDA

View Full Version : Incompetent, Ignorant Writers

Nickdfresh
07-29-2009, 10:03 PM
What sort of completely clueless dimwit would write something such as this:

Now, with beer, the box might be less objectionable since, in my opinion, the quality issue is not really in play. Despite what the microbrewers will tell you, all beer is pretty much the same. Consumers who pay a premium do so more for the experience than the taste.

Top Stocks Blog - MSN Money (http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/?fpn=will%20you%20drink%20beer%20in%20a%20box)

WTF? Really? This guy is being taken to task for his asinine statement and clearly has never drank anything but the flavorless pap of American mass-brewed light beer. :barf::umm:

LoungeMachine
07-29-2009, 10:16 PM
:lmao:

what a maroon

standin
07-29-2009, 10:24 PM
What!!!!
I am more selective about my beers than I am about wine. Anybody can make a wine(Mmmm mulberry wine), beer takes a talent....

FORD
07-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Looks like some so-called "journalist" needs to consult The FORD Beercyclopedia (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/non-vh-dlr-related-stuff/10381-return-ford-beercyclopedia-thread.html). :gulp:

LoungeMachine
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
as if on cue..........

:gulp:

Panamark
07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Seriously, do you need a degree for journalism or can you
just rock up for a job interview ? Whats even worse is the
people who read these false idiots and figure "Well I read
it in the paper, it must be true !"

FORD
07-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Sadly it doesn't help things when the President invites a Harvard professor and a Cambridge cop over to his place and he's gonna drink Budweiser :(

Can't they send Biden back to Delaware on the Amtrak and tell him to bring back something from Dogfish Head (http://www.dogfish.com/)?

hideyoursheep
07-30-2009, 06:25 AM
I wonder who paid him to write that? Coors?

letsrock
07-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Pabst.

Anonymous
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, precisely because of stuff like that, I started taking everything I read with a shitload of salt.

Some people believe that the written word is sacred, no matter who, where, or under what circumstances. They rationalize it by "well, if they have a job at that newspaper/magazine/comic book/loo paper, they must know what they're talking about", thus discounting every opinion adverse to said article. 'Cuz the adverse opinion isn't written.

Try to show that article to a large number of people and watch how they proceed to spread the word that "Beer all tastes the same. I read it in an article."

It's a sad world, when even the very thing that brightens it is under attack by stupidity.

Nevertheless, focus on this brand: Sagres. That's S-A-G-R-E-S.

I'm far from suffering stupid Country pride, but if there's one thing that Portugal has, it's Sagres beer. Best beer in the world (from all those I've tasted, and they weren't few).

Cheers! :bottle:

Coyote
07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
As long as the beer is cold, I'll drink it.

Especially Heineken or Fosters.

Anonymous
07-30-2009, 05:20 PM
As long as the beer is cold, I'll drink it.

Especially Heineken or Fosters.

You sir, are an imbecile.There are beers that are positively ghastly, and simply won't do, not even if they're ice cold. Amstel, for example. :barf:

Foster's IS a jolly good beer. Never was big fan on Heineken, I'm afraid, though I have to say it does have a spot of charm, and I can understand why so many people like it.

Carlsberg USED to be good when it came on those 33cl ugly brown bottles, but the new 20cl Heinken-like green bottle simply murders the beer inside. Hang on. Wonder if that's the reason I never liked Heineken all that much?

FORD
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
If beer is going to be exposed to UV light at all (and unless you store it in a basement it will be) it should never be in clear or green glass. The bottles may look cool, but the beer will taste like a skunk pissed in it.

Can't remember the last time I drank a beer that wasn't in brown glass. :gulp:

Coyote
07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
You sir, are an imbecile.There are beers that are positively ghastly, and simply won't do, not even if they're ice cold. Amstel, for example. :barf:

Foster's IS a jolly good beer. Never was big fan on Heineken, I'm afraid, though I have to say it does have a spot of charm, and I can understand why so many people like it.

Carlsberg USED to be good when it came on those 33cl ugly brown bottles, but the new 20cl Heinken-like green bottle simply murders the beer inside. Hang on. Wonder if that's the reason I never liked Heineken all that much?

I've yet to fully understand the charm of the bottled beer. I take mine either from a can or a mug.

FORD
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Draft is always best, but anything in a bottle beats that same beverage in a can....whether it's beer, Coca-Cola, or even chocolate milk.

That's glass bottles, of course. Plastic bottles should be avoided whenever possible. One of the shitty US "beer" makers - either Bud or Miller - actually tried that a few years ago. Coors might have done it too, since I remember drinking a "Mike's Hard Lemonade" from a plastic bottle over at the Gorge before the Spam & Dave show. It was horrible (just like Spam's singing)

Anonymous
07-30-2009, 07:13 PM
If beer is going to be exposed to UV light at all (and unless you store it in a basement it will be) it should never be in clear or green glass. The bottles may look cool, but the beer will taste like a skunk pissed in it.

Can't remember the last time I drank a beer that wasn't in brown glass. :gulp:

Ha! And all the times those motherfuckers told me I was just being friggin' paranoid, Carlsberg was still the same beer. Take that, arseholes.

I didn't knew green glass was like clear glass in that respect. Well, my tastebuds did, obviously, but I didn't. Thanks fer the info, FORD.

I've yet to fully understand the charm of the bottled beer. I take mine either from a can or a mug.

Cuntvenience. I also prefer the taste of draft, and a can refreshes the beer much more than glass, but there you go. Sometimes, you have to go with bottles.

For example, I don't know if you've ever been to a place where they serve one draft beer, maybe two, sometimes none, during one whole day. It tastes positively disgusting! Not to mention the fuckin' smell.

You're probably aware of the phenomenon, but I'll write it anyway: When the draft beer doesn't have much "movement", like stated above the first couple of beers, maybe 5-6, taste and smell like the fucking pipes. You really have to keep it flowing. 12 hours, maybe 16, won't make much of a difference, but if it's continual, boy it will.

But anyway, ahead. They finally came up with these 5-liter kegs (Heineken, I believe?), and all brands of beer are now adhering to it. Sagres, too. Man, I bought one of those things, tasted positively divine! Even better with a chilled mug. 'Coz yeah, you can't really appreciate the full taste of the beer on a glass, it has to be a mug. Dimpled, preferably.

Fuck it, I'm getting one right now.