PDA

View Full Version : Rob Thomas to record with INXS (amongst others)

Panamark
07-30-2009, 02:54 AM
ROB Thomas and INXS will hit the studio together in Melbourne tomorrow. The Matchbox Twenty lead singer is in Australia promoting his solo album, Cradlesong.

INXS took the opportunity to have Thomas lay down vocals for two songs on its greatest-hits-with-different-vocalists set while he was here, the Herald Sun reports.

Thomas will sing Original Sin and Never Tear Us Apart.

"The only other version I've heard was Brandon Flowers (from the Killers) doing Beautiful Girl, and I've heard they're going for a French girl to sing Need You Tonight - in French, which would be really sexy," Thomas said.

Thomas doesn't subscribe to the theory that the Aussie rockers should have called it quits after the death of frontman Michael Hutchence.

"It's hard when that's what they do - they want to continue to make music. This is just from me, this isn't coming from them, but I get the sense that once they do this, they can move forward - and do it this time without a circus attached," he said, referring to the Rock Star: INXS talent search that saw Canadian singer JD Fortune win a temporary run as frontman.

"It was probably more untimely for him than for me," Thomas joked.

"When I heard about it, I was like, 'If the first three are Michael Jackson and I'm No. 4, then I'm kind of ipso-facto another No. 1 - I'll take it. It was a victory for me. Listen, you can't beat the King of Pop."
Thomas is in town until Saturday, and will return in February for two solo shows.

Panamark
07-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Linky

Rob Thomas hits the recording studio with INXS | Music | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25856238-7484,00.html)

Panamark
07-30-2009, 02:56 AM
So JD Fortune was just a circus, huh ??
If that was such a shit idea, why the fuck do it in the first place ????????:fufu:

Panamark
07-30-2009, 03:20 AM
Did we ever get the real smack on the JD deal ????
That was a reasonably solid album taking everything
into account... Im guessing he must have totally
been coked the whole time ?
A younger INXS would have tolerated that !!!!

twonabomber
07-30-2009, 04:44 AM
Thomas will sing Original Sin and Never Tear Us Apart.

christ...

LoungeMachine
07-30-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm sorry......

Are we supposed to be caring about INXS...... or Rob Thomas?

:gulp:

Crikey

Panamark
07-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Yeah.... Loungie...........

Its like, excuse me ?? You have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit ??

But I really want to know the JD story, coz there is one there !
Thought some of his cuntrymen might know the real deal ?
Or is he Canadian, so it doesnt count ??

Whats wrong with Canadians by the way ?? They know their
Salmon... Its a nice quality !! Bugger ya !!

FORD
07-30-2009, 11:22 AM
I hear Paul Rodgers is looking for a new band with a previous dead singer. He doesn't sound a thing like Michael Hutchence, of course, but he didn't sound anything like Freddie Mercury either.

ppg960
08-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Did we ever get the real smack on the JD deal ????
That was a reasonably solid album taking everything
into account... Im guessing he must have totally
been coked the whole time ?
A younger INXS would have tolerated that !!!!

He got fired after the last show in the Hong Kong airport. He turned into a drunk and coke head so he got canned.
There was talk of JD getting back into the band last year.
Not bad for a guy who was living in a Fucking car in Toronto for 3 years.

twonabomber
08-15-2009, 04:09 PM
He got fired after the last show in the Hong Kong airport. He turned into a drunk and coke head so he got canned.
There was talk of JD getting back into the band last year.
Not bad for a guy who was living in a Fucking car in Toronto for 3 years.

i wouldn't piss on that guy if he was on fire.

i liked the way he got up there after winning Rockstar and CRIED. cried like the big stinky pussy (apologies to Hitch) that he is. a crying frontman? get up there and pose like the prick that you are supposed to be. don't cry like a bitch.

but back to Rob Thomas...easily one of the worst things to happen to pop music since Hootie and the Blowboys. if it wasn't for Santana, the only way Thomas woulda seen a Grammy is if someone let him hold their Grammy.

ppg960
08-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I agree to an extent. But, if you went from living in your pinto to leading a huge rock band, you might tear up too!;)
I thought he did well with INXS. he sang the old stuff well and gave a good show live. JD needs to get his shit together.

Panamark
08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Afterglow was classic...
Chill inducing

But was that JD or INXS ? or both.....

FORD
08-16-2009, 03:47 PM
JD wasn't even the best singer on that "reality" show. I still think Ty was better....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhtQ7pAljOM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhtQ7pAljOM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FORD
08-16-2009, 03:49 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmuFdDDfzqU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cmuFdDDfzqU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Little Texan
08-17-2009, 01:29 AM
I agree to an extent. But, if you went from living in your pinto to leading a huge rock band, you might tear up too!;)
I thought he did well with INXS. he sang the old stuff well and gave a good show live. JD needs to get his shit together.

Sounds as if he'll be moving back into that Pinto soon enough.

Panamark
08-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey thanks FORD !

I missed the first Rockstar show...
What about the Aussie guy Mig ?? I heard he was good too..
Ty nailed kick impressively !

ppg960
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Sounds as if he'll be moving back into that Pinto soon enough.

I think I heard on the news he's there now.
Parked under the Queen's Park Expressway!!!
From Zero to Hero back to a Fucking Zero!!:hitch:

twonabomber
08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey thanks FORD !

I missed the first Rockstar show...
What about the Aussie guy Mig ?? I heard he was good too..
Ty nailed kick impressively !

i liked Mig. good voice.

i didn't like JD from day one.

ppg960
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
It was surprising that Mig didn't get the gig being from Australia and all. But JD wrote the lyrics for Pretty Vegas while on the show to music the band had written. That's why JD got the job. He's a good song writer and Hutchens wrote most of their stuff so they needed that part of the equation.
JD has talent, just needs to get his life in order.

twonabomber
08-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Hutchence and Andrew Farris wrote most of it. not sure if it was 50-50 though. there are some just written by Andrew.

Panamark
08-19-2009, 10:46 AM
If they are doing the Santana multiple singer thing, Im pretty sure its
the INXS swansong album....

Panamark
08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Agree with all above about Rob Thomas...
zero street cred and not much talent..
Matchbox 20 are embarrasing..

She said baby ? Its 3 am I must be lonely...
(Surely they borrowed that off hagar ??)