PDA

View Full Version : Eat Wierd Food

thome
07-30-2009, 05:26 AM
So..... I can't sleep again, and I go to the fridge and eat some things, then I look over at the Plumb; I picked up three days ago at the market.

Like Ya'now, I wash all my fruits and vegetables and inspect fairly regularily.

I am finishing my 3am snack and the plumb tastes great, as I work my way towards the pit I notice it is broke, with my mouth and toungue.

I pull the fruit out of my mouth grab the two pieces of pit and toss them into my ashtray about 1ft away.

About 10 min after eating. I light a smoke, looking across the table towards the TV show then down to the ashtray there is this movement in the ashtray.

There is this strange looking bug crawling around..??

It is like a ant with a long abdomen some rudimentary wings on it's back,. and a double cresent sickle like stabbie thing on the end of the the body . I look to the pit and one of the broken sides is hollow. I try to put the pit back together and it won't so I am guessing this thing crawled down the stem ( no hole I inspected and washed the plumb) I guess I woke some South American sleepy thing up from it's whatever..? Wherever the fruit came from...?

I haven't seen every American bug, but I have never seen this one so I am assuming it's a Illegal.......... FERRINER and GOT NO PAPERS!!

It couldn't crawl out and the shape of the ashtray is like a upsidedown pyramid so it couldn't crawl in..so...

Say Hallo! To my little friend.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/MmmBuggy.jpg

thome
07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
I was flashing things thru my brain when I was eating a un-damaged blemish free plumb, yet the seed was broken..??

But It didn't register...I just passed it off.

Could I have discovered and new species, should I contact a university biology lab...?

A Entomologist.. in the House..?

Coyote
07-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Damn... Imagine that thing going through your systems...

LoungeMachine
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Damn... Imagine that thing going through your systems...

I'd feel more sorry for the bug.

:gulp:

Igosplut
07-30-2009, 12:14 PM

HA!

Looks like an Earwig (http://durmebugs.tripod.com/gettingridofpests/id98.html) to me.

Devastatingly poisonous BTW......

ZahZoo
07-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Yep it's an earwig or pincher bug.

thome
07-30-2009, 04:21 PM
It's a mean little thing it charges around the glass I have it in like it want's to get at me..?

I am going to kill it if it is a non-native species it could be a pregnant female for all I know.

There have been many problems with importing; wasn't there some dock worker recently who found a boa in a banana bunch?

thome
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM

It's would be a painless death for the thing, if I had ate it, numb from the Drugs and Drunk from the A'Boozee..like me........... yay!

FORD
07-30-2009, 06:02 PM
There have been many problems with importing; wasn't there some dock worker recently who found a boa in a banana bunch?

Boa? I think it would be a little hard for a snake to hide in a banana bunch. Of course, boa's aren't poisonous anyway, so if you did find one, keep him as a pet, and you'll never have mouse problems.

Now I have heard of poisionous spiders hitchiking to the US on bananas. In fact this guy I went to school with had a close call with one of those little bastards. And this was back in the 80's before all the damn deregulation even, so God knows how worse it is now.

thome
07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Boa? I think it would be a little hard for a snake to hide in a banana bunch. Of course, boa's aren't poisonous anyway, so if you did find one, keep him as a pet, and you'll never have mouse problems.

Now I have heard of poisionous spiders hitchiking to the US on bananas. In fact this guy I went to school with had a close call with one of those little bastards. And this was back in the 80's before all the damn deregulation even, so God knows how worse it is now.

I saw a food channel doc about fruits and such and I think ..if I remember correctly, there is a spider that calls banana trees home and it is a big nasty one.

I guess we need out of season stay alive food stuffs so ....good with the bad I guess.

Mushroom
08-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Say Hallo! To my little friend.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n189/thome_2006/MmmBuggy.jpg

Boil it and it should be fine to eat