PDA

View Full Version : Steven Tyler Falls off Stage Last Night

ELVIS
08-06-2009, 10:05 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gftS37SxOM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3gftS37SxOM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

he still sounded good though...:)

:elvis:

OldNo.7
08-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Something is not right about that clip. For one the whole band is there.

OldNo.7
08-06-2009, 11:48 AM
LOL. I guess i was wrong.

Tyler -- Walk This Way ... to the Hospital | TMZ.com (http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/06/steven-tyler-aerosmith-hospital-fall/)

bueno bob
08-06-2009, 12:18 PM
With as problem prone as this tour has been, they really should just split up and save themselves...

OldNo.7
08-06-2009, 12:24 PM
At the rate they are going they will all have to take a year off to recover before they try to make an album.

Seshmeister
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
The problem is that when people in their sixties fall they tend to break things. :)

It's amazing that even at his age he is able to sing three part vocal harmonies by himself...

ppg960
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Just listing to 92 Citi FM here in Winnipeg and they claim our show here tomorrow night is still on. The boys are here at Winnipeg Stadium with ZZ Top. We'll see I guess??;)

Diamondjimi
08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
The problem is that when people in their sixties fall they tend to break things. :)

It's amazing that even at his age he is able to sing three part vocal harmonies by himself...

No shit.

They ain't gettin any younger!
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0602_steven_chaka_88042822.jpg

atomicpunk5151
08-06-2009, 05:08 PM
I have seen a few concerts at the Bike Rally in Sturgis, SD. He was on the big stage at the Buffallo Chip.

They had to fly him to the hosptial becuase it is over at hour ride to Rapid City. My Father in law is a Fire/Ambulance guy in the area. I will have to give him a call tonight.

That also reminds me, I had a bunch of pics of the DLR show I went to at the Buffalo Chip up at DDLR.com before it went down. I'll have to upload them over here. Shows the stage well as we were right up front.

http://www.aeroforceone.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/1204878/pid/302766

Full Bug
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
At what part does he fall off the stage? I dont have time to watch the whole 5:14 video clip, my time is valuable ya know......:biggrin:

Mr. Vengeance
08-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Just listing to 92 Citi FM here in Winnipeg and they claim our show here tomorrow night is still on. The boys are here at Winnipeg Stadium with ZZ Top. We'll see I guess??;)

No. I just saw on the CBC Winnipeg news that the show is cancelled.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Aerosmith has cancelled 4 times here in 9 years....

Panamark
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Crikey Steven Tyler looks a lot older...

alexpgrimes
08-06-2009, 09:43 PM
if there hadn't been video I would of said that joe perry pushed him...lol

VH Drummer
08-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Their next show in Winnipeg has been postponed but most likely will not be made up. I have not bought a ticket for this show yet for all the postponements and because of the prices. I'm waiting for them to discount tickets before I make the hour and a half drive from school to see this show.

standin
08-08-2009, 05:16 AM
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-uXRTWuk3XM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-uXRTWuk3XM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

David Lee Rocks
08-08-2009, 06:38 AM
i love how when he fell and the road crew came to his rescue as soon as the crowd could see he was ok they all started cheerin like at a football game when a player gets hurt, LOL, Aerosmith rocks!! Get well Steven

Full Bug
08-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Steven Tyler

Aerosmith’s hard-charging frontman on shooting guns, doing blow, 
and chasing tail. But is he ready to stop rocking? Dream on.

MAXIM: You and Joe Perry have known each other for 40-
odd years. What’s one thing he knows about you that most people don’t?

Steven Tyler: That I’m a better shot than he is. When we were kids we’d spend our summers walking around the woods in New Hampshire with .22s and shotguns.

That’s fine if you don’t have any anger issues.

I used to get so pissed off. Back in ’73 we opened up for the Kinks, and I had maybe four feet of room on the stage—the drummer wouldn’t move his set, the cocksucker. How do I fucking dance? We had one deli tray for the whole band, and it was mystery meat. If you held it up to a light bulb, you could see the bubbles. So every night I’d come offstage and turn the table over. And the guys would all yell at me because now the deli tray was on the ground and they couldn’t eat the food, unless they picked it up and washed it.

Judging from the way you looked in the ’70s, you weren’t eating much.

You wanted to eat a little something even though you were so coked up you couldn’t swallow. But a couple of the old road crew just told me what they used to do: When Joe Perry yelled at his roadie, they’d get back at him by wiping the bologna under their arm- pits. I got on the phone and said, “Hey, guys, remember when you used to yell at me for chucking the food around? Guess what? I saved your asses.”

There hasn’t been an Aerosmith studio album in five years. What’s up?

We were gonna just do it, then we’d be off our label and we could move on. But once you have some songs that deserve better than that, it takes time. We were working on it hard for a few weeks—then I got walking pneumonia. The doctors said it looked like I had cotton candy in my lungs.

You’ve famously done some serious damage to yourself over your career. How did you end up back in rehab last year?

It was from doing this for 40 years [Tyler does his trademark side-to-side dance]. With all this lateral shit, my toes were all out of joint, and I had scar tissue around the nerves. When you walk it hurts so fucking bad. A doctor said, “You gotta get that scar tissue taken out.” So I did, and the drugs they gave me were right up my alley: Percodan, Percocet, Oxy-Contin. You get out of the hospital and you’re on the stuff for three months. It got to be too much. First of all, it doesn’t get rid of the pain. Then, if you do more of it, you start nodding out, and I didn’t like that head space. I didn’t get sober the first time around for nothing. The only way to get off that shit is to go back 
to rehab. That or you can move in with your grandma.

What do your ex-wives and girlfriends have in common?

Every child I ever had, whether I married the mother or not, I was so in love with her mom it didn’t matter. Whoever it was, when I fell in love I’d fall hard. My whole life is zero to 60, anyway. I wasn’t there a lot for my kids, so I’m very grateful they forgave me. Being in a band, if you’re playing it right—like we were back then—you’re so fucked up you don’t even know what you’re doing.

So what exactly were you doing?

I was talking last night about all the blow we did. When we toured with AC/DC in Europe in the ‘70s, we’d do four shows in a row and one day off. Man, it was inhuman what Bon Scott and I did. We lived in the bathroom.

As a kid, did you ever think you’d end up where you are today?

Well, I grew up in the Bronx, and we had a gang called the Green Mountain Boys. We’d smoke pot and fuck girls, then camp out in someone’s backyard. I mean, I didn’t have too much going 
for me, and life could be pretty brutal—if you didn’t watch out, you got your ass kicked after school. But the other guys in my gang would watch out for me, and all you could do was try and be cool and hip and get a girlfriend. Then seeing the Stones for the first time in their fucking high-heeled boots…the feeling was just beyond. It made me ache inside, I wanted it so bad.

Are you a religious guy?

I can be. I’m writing a book right now called Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?—and looking back, it seems like shit was predestined. Is it drug addiction or is it dreams-come-true addiction? You’ve got nothing and you start building with two pieces of wood, and before you know it you’re 30 feet up in the air on a ladder. I’ve made dreams come true that most people couldn’t even get close to. People say, “Be careful, it was the Big Man upstairs.” I don’t know who it was. But I do remember writing at least 23 albums, and I know how long it took to write those songs.

You guys are headed out on the road yet again this summer. How long does it take Aerosmith to get up to speed when you’re rehearsing for a big tour?

Two weeks. And then you’re moving every muscle. You become whatever you were when you were 15. Basically, you’re throwing a party for 20,000 people every single night. I really 
feel like I owe the fans something. You want to play “Dream On” just the way they heard it when they got laid the first time.

ELVIS
08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Cool interview...

Clumbsy fall...

WARF
08-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Tyler still has the same energy on stage as he did 20 years ago... awesome...

Bad fall though lol

David Lee Rocks
08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Tyler still has the same energy on stage as he did 20 years ago... awesome...

Bad fall though lol

you are correct!! I got some pics from the Dallas show last month, i need to figure out how to post them here, they are not bad really!!

Nitro Express
08-09-2009, 02:26 PM
No shit.

LOL! Put a red hat on him and he could be The Grinch.

davehagarfan
08-09-2009, 11:17 PM
No shit.

Nice photoshop

Seshmeister
08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Cool interview...

Clumbsy fall...

Clumsy spelling. :)

I really wish it had happened during a song so we could have heard how much is mimed. He at least sings along to a backing tape of himself but I'm curious if he even does that sometimes.

If they can improve hologram technology a little soon he won't need to turn up at all...

Panamark
08-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Nice photoshop

Hey man..

You will have to take me on trust on this one, but my original
post said "photoshop" also... But then I havent seen a really
clear shot of this dude in years, so I STFU......

That pic does look savagely "altered" I was hoping for his sake
that all those drugs didnt fuck him up suddenly (like Eddie !)

fryingdutchman
08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
The update today is that Steven broke his shoulder.

That should put the whammy on any microphone stand antics for awhile....

Vinnie Velvet
08-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Tyler is a fucking douchebag.

That fall was hilarious!

davehagarfan
08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey man..

You will have to take me on trust on this one, but my original
post said "photoshop" also... But then I havent seen a really
clear shot of this dude in years, so I STFU......

That pic does look savagely "altered" I was hoping for his sake
that all those drugs didnt fuck him up suddenly (like Eddie !)

It's a photoshop Panamark....over at ddlr.com someone posted a picture of Steven superimposed with a 90 year old woman's face....there are plenty of current pictures of Steven on the internet and he doesn't have that chicken skin thing going on he never has........it's fake

Panamark
08-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Well thankya DHF

Heres the oz medias version:

AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler has been taken to hospital after injuring his head, neck and shoulder in a fall from a concert stage in South Dakota, a spokesman for the venue said yesterday.

Tyler, 61, accidentally stepped off a runway near the main stage while the rock band was performing Wednesday night at Buffalo Chip Campground in Sturgis, South Dakota, concert spokesman Michael Sanborn said.

Tyler, who is known for his wild dancing and for draping his microphone stand with a colorful scarf while on stage, was airlifted to Rapid City Regional Hospital, Sanborn said. His condition was not known.

A spokeswoman for the South Dakota hospital said she could not confirm if the singer was being treated there, and an Aerosmith representative was not immediately available to comment on Tyler's injury.

A doctor who attended to Tyler after his fall said the singer's vital signs were stable, Sanborn said.

Aerosmith rose to fame in the 1970s with hit albums such as Toys in the Attic and Rocks. They then faded from the limelight but enjoyed a resurgence in 1986 when rap group Run DMC covered Walk This Way, one of the band's hit songs.

Tyler is the father of actress Liv Tyler.

Panamark
08-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Crappy description of their career ??
What about the big power ballad when the asteroid was gonna
hit the earth ???

Seshmeister
08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I lost interest a while before they brought out the album with about 8 'power ballads'.

Was that the asteroid album?

degüello
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Just watched that entire first clip, no fall. Sat through 5+ minutes of a shit song, saw nothing... :D

degüello
08-10-2009, 03:25 PM
(Well, did skim through some of it.)

Golden AWe
08-11-2009, 04:23 AM
I lost interest a while before they brought out the album with about 8 'power ballads'.

Was that the asteroid album?

I enjoy some of 90's Aerosmith as "decent pop", though it's nowhere near the same band as the rough soul rock Aerosmith from the 70's. But the Armageddon crap was simply too much, way too much. I booed during that song in their cuntcert.

What's the final word on Tyler singing and back-up tapes?

bzuka
08-11-2009, 07:49 AM
lol video,i hope everything was ended in a good way

GreenBayLA
08-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Bummer for Tyler and the fans. Hope he's Back in the Saddle soon.
Tapes for backing vocals not working Aero Vanilli?

TMZ:The whole thing went down after the soundsystem failed during "Love in an Elevator" ... and Tyler began to dance to keep the crowd entertained.

fryingdutchman
08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Remainder of Aerosmith tour officially CANCELLED:

From the Associated Press...

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Aerosmith has canceled the remainder of its summer tour.

In a statement issued late Thursday, the band's publicist MSO said "it is with great regret" that the band is canceling the rest of its tour because of injuries that frontman Steven Tyler suffered when he fell off the stage during an Aug. 5 performance in South Dakota.

Tyler broke his left shoulder and needed 20 stitches in his head.

The statement said doctors have advised Tyler to take the time to properly recuperate from his injuries.

"Words can't express the sadness I feel for having to cancel this tour," guitarist Joe Perry said in the statement.

Perry said he wanted to thank the band's loyal fans for sticking by them, adding that the band hopes "we can get the Aerosmith machine up and running again as soon as possible."

The statement said ticket refunds for the remaining tour dates will be available at the place of purchase.

Earlier Thursday, Tyler released a lengthy statement thanking the Sturgis, S.D., police department and others who helped him after the fall. The 61-year-old also thanked the band's crew, the helicopter that evacuated him "for getting me outta there before I bled to death" and the doctors and nurses who treated him.

Tyler said thunderstorms delayed the band's set by an hour, then fuses blew and the audio systems failed shortly after the concert began.

"Well, I wasn't gonna go hide under the big top and play 'ROCK STAR' and wait for everything to be fixed," Tyler said. "I wanted to go out to the crowd to continue the show."

He said he was doing "the Tyler shuffle" when he slipped and fell off the edge of the stage.

"I just want to say that I' m plain grateful that I didn't break my neck," he said. "In truth, after thousands of live shows, falling off the edge four times ain't too bad."

GreenBayLA
08-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Bummer, that cancels their LA show. I hope Tyler can deal with the pain ok. He fell back into drug addiction with pain killers for his foot surgery and ended up in rehab again last year. Get well soon Steven.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
They can barely finish a tour nowadays....

David Lee Rocks
08-14-2009, 10:50 PM
glad i got to see em,:tongue0011:, LOL

ppg960
08-15-2009, 11:29 PM
That looked like a hard fall. He went shoulder / head first. Didn't even put his hands out. I wonder if he's not using again??
Too bad about the tour though.

Seshmeister
08-15-2009, 11:49 PM
He's an old man now.

30 years ago he would have probably been able to finish the show with a bruise.

ODShowtime
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
wait so this is after they already canceled the Florida shows for him falling? Shit man this is getting bad.

Two big shows canceled in a row for me down here in Tampa. Yeah rock and roll!