PDA

View Full Version : I think I've fucked it.

Reverberator
08-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I post this here as there is more throughfare.

Rev has completely lost it with this one , I am best man at a work friends wedding tomorrow and I havn't written a speech because I've always been able to wing shit like that with some sharp wit and fuck about.

Not this time though , I really have fucked up cos even though I have a routine that I've thought up , I can't see me delivering it well ..... I have to say that confidence is not my forte these days.

It's too late now to back out .... and whatever I say will either be shit or more shit , so can't win.

Better get pissed and feint a heart attack or something.

The weddings tomorrow so no advice please , just trying to say you can be the dogs most / all of the time but sometimes you can get lost just like everyone else .

And before you say it's easy .....it's not I have done it twice before ... but I'm older now .

If I could be Reverberator or Cockney Cant at the reception I wouldn't have a problem ......

Real life over e-life = BIG difference.

Terry
08-07-2009, 09:54 PM

Rev has completely lost it with this one , I am best man at a work friends wedding tomorrow and I havn't written a speech because I've always been able to wing shit like that with some sharp wit and fuck about.

Not this time though , I really have fucked up cos even though I have a routine that I've thought up , I can't see me delivering it well ..... I have to say that confidence is not my forte these days.

It's too late now to back out .... and whatever I say will either be shit or more shit , so can't win.

The weddings tomorrow so no advice please , just trying to say you can be the dogs most / all of the time but sometimes you can get lost just like everyone else .

And before you say it's easy .....it's not I have done it twice before ... but I'm older now .

If I could be Reverberator or Cockney Cant at the reception I wouldn't have a problem ......

Just turn to the groom, then motion with your head towards his new bride and say "Fuck her. I did." Drain your champagne flute and sit down.

Seshmeister
08-08-2009, 12:33 AM

Coming up with the jokes for a best man speech is a lot easier these days with the internet. Sounds like you did fine before or you wouldn't have been asked to do a 3rd.

Still it's always incredibly stressful, I've done 3 so far 2 went really well the other was a bit mixed. I'd happily never do it again. Not a great idea to get too drunk. I did one where I had 5 double vodkas 10 minutes beforehand but most of it kicked in after the speech leaving me a bit of a drunken mess by the end of the night.

I know you said no advice but I do have a cool trick I came up with. As you know it's traditional for the best man to read out the greeting cards after the speech. Stick a fake card in with a gag - it catches everyone off guard because they are expecting to be bored at that bit plus you can even write the joke on the card and it's the one time reading a joke straight from a card is fine. It could be just as simple as a congratulations card from the local booze shop or if you are more daring a sperm count test result or whatever.

I brought the house down with a slow build up gag doing that a good few years ago.

There is no record of it now though as the guy taped over all the wedding videos after the divorce... :)

Dan
08-08-2009, 07:52 PM
So How Was The Wedding,Rev?

Reverberator
08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Cool ...cheers guys.

I pulled it off , but I was helped by the driver of the limosene taking us to the wrong church ... good opening gambit....it went really well off the cuff.

I really worried about this... but in the end no drama.

Dan
08-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Cool ...cheers guys.

I pulled it off , but I was helped by the driver of the limosene taking us to the wrong church ... good opening gambit....it went really well off the cuff.

Sweet As,Did You Keep Your Clothes On?:hitch:

Anonymous
08-09-2009, 04:26 PM

Funny how it's always like this... I guess it's because the more we worry, the smaller the "problem" will seem when it's solved.

Did you talk about the bride's tits?

Cheers! :bottle:

binnie
08-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Glad to hear that it went well!

Seshmeister
08-10-2009, 07:23 AM
I pulled it off ... good opening gambit....it went really well off the cuff.

I hope you didn't get any on the brides dress...